Tumbling Down

Without That xx

 

[Daesung’s POV]

I walked down the hallway away from my room. I could feel my face start to warm eye and my vision becomes clouded by my forming tears.

I can still hear their giggles and laughs.

I walked faster and faster down the hallway not aware of my surroundings and then one missed step and I find myself tumbling down the stairs.

The impact my body made to each hit on the hard wooden steps echoed throughout the house. My parents down stairs rain over to see what was going on and…

 

~~My room~~

They were still kissing when my accident happened and when it was over they looked at each other and then got off the bed and ran over to me.

~~ Down stairs~~

I lay on the floor at the bottom of the steps, clutching my right arm. My blond hair covering my eyes, I was glad that they did. I didn’t want my parent seeing my tears.

“Daesung are you okay?” My mom said to me, but I didn’t respond.

I can hear the running frantic steps coming from my room and down the stairs.

“Daesung!!!!” My sister yelled kneeling down next to me.

“What happened?” Youngbae asked my mom.

“I… I don’t know… One moment I was talking with his father and the next Daesung is tumbling down the stairs.” My mom explained to Youngbae.

“Do we need to take you to the doctors Daesung?” My father asked.

I shook my head and slowly sat up. “Ani… I’ll be fine…” I muttered under my breath. My cheeks still stained wet from my tears, my eyes red and puffy.

“But you could have a broken arm?!” My sister frantically yelled.

I looked at the ground. “I’m fine… I’ll be okay” I muttered and slowly stood up. Youngbae quickly walked over to my side and helped me up.

I looked at him and forgot about my worries… or… my appearance at that moment.
He looked at my eyes and his brow furrowed. I looked at him with a confused look.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Were you crying?” He asked softly. I just looked at him and my jaw dropped a little. I took my arm from him.

“A..Aniyo!” I yelled making an excuse. “My nerves were shot from falling down the stairs” I crossed my arms

Youngbae just looked at me and shrugged. “Alright If you say so” He laughed and took my right arm and I yelled in pain.

“Yahhh!!!” I took back my arm.

“What?!” He came back with a surprised look.

“N…Nothing… Mianhe” I muttered.

“Daesung, I think your arm is broken” Bora said looking at me.

I looked at her and shook my head. “Aniyo! It’s not!”

“You’re going to the doctors” My dad muttered and gently pushed me to the door and opened it. Standing there in the door way was the two Seunghyun’s. The older one, which was my best friend, was nicknamed TOP. The younger one, aka the more experienced, was nick named Seungri.

“Yooooooo what’s up!” Seungri said smiling.

Seunghyun just looked at me holding my arm. “What happened?” He asked.

I looked past them and then at the ground. “I fell down the stairs.” I softly muttered.

“Had too much to drink last night?” Seungri snickered and that received a hard nudge to the side from Seunghyun. He looked at him and rubbed his side.

“Aniyoooo I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing Maknae.” I said glaring at him.

“Oh… Well you’re okay though right?” Seungri asked.

“I’m fine. My dad is just going to take me to the doctors.” I responded

“We can take you” Seunghyun suggested.

Seungri turned to look at him. “We can?” He said with a surprised voice.
Again another nudge to the side he received.

“Is that alright Mr. Kang?” Seunghyun asked.

My dad looked at them and nodded “Yeah that’s fine, go ahead” I just looked at him and then my two friends.

“Appa… Is Daesung not coming with us then?” Bora asked walking over.

“Aniyo, Ah he’s going to the hospital to get his arm checked out.” My father explained.

“But… We always go as a family” My sister pouted.

“Not today” my father muttered and my sister looked at me with her puppy dog eyes and walked back inside, then Youngbae walked over.

“Yo bro… you’re going to be okay right?” He asked.

I looked at him and smiled “Neh” Seungri looked at me reaction and how fast my mood changed when Youngbae came over. He snickered and Seunghyun pushed him away.

“Well alright, I’ll see you tonight then!” He laughed and walked back in.

I turned around as Seunghyun patted my shoulder. He knew that I liked Youngbae. Seungri sort of knew.

“Let’s go get yo broke arm checked out yoooo” Seungri laughed as he got in the backseat. I got in the passenger seat and Seunghyun started driving.

I sat in silence almost the whole way, listening to Seungri sing and play jokes with Seunghyun and talk about the girls at the college. I sighed and closed my eyes.