I'm...

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]


 

A few weeks later I was cleared to go home. Bom rolled me back into Seunghyun’s house on the wheelchair. As we got through the door I looked around the room.


 

“Home sweet temporarily home!” She said happily as she rolled me to the kitchen. “You hungry Dae?” She asked me.


 

I looked her way and then the other way. I had something wrapped around my neck. My wrists were tied down to the arms of the wheelchair.


 

Earlier


 

“Your friend needs to be watched 24 hours a day. If you both are busy and cannot keep him in your site then you need to have someone else watch him until you are available.” The doctor said fixing his pile of papers.


 

Seunghyun looked at him. “Suicide watch? Isn’t that a little extreme doctor.”


 

“I don’t particularly think so Mr. Choi. Your friend was giving a gift. The gift of coming back to life when he was supposed to be dead.” The doctor faced Seunghyun. “There must be a reason he isn’t…”


 

“But he isn’t suicidal.” Seunghyun tried to explain.


 

“Then why did he try to kill himself.” The doctor asked right after Seunghyun finished his sentence.


 

“I don’t know… He’s depressed or something.” Seunghyun looked at the doctor. He started walking around his office and pulling books off the shelf.


 

“Depress people try to commit suicide Seunghyun…” The doctor said as he looked through the book. “Does it have anything to do with his ‘death’ or the secret.” He asked looking up from the book at Seunghyun.


 

“I don’t know.” Seunghyun said softly.


 

“24 hours a day, 7 days a week, until he is cleared. Someone will have bathe him and someone will have to sleep in the room with him.” The doctor said bringing the book with him back to the desk and setting it down.


 

Now


 

“Daesung?” Bom says walking over to me.


 

I move my eyes slightly to look at her.


 

“Are you hungry?” She asks again.


 

“Babe is that you?” Seunghyun calls from upstairs.


 

“yes Seunghyun.” She looks at me and then walks up the stairs. “We’re home.” She walks into the room. “You still trying to clean the blood up?” She asked.


 

Seunghyun was kneeling on the floor trying to scrub the blood off the carpet. “Yeah… It’s starting to come out. For now I’ll have to sleep in the bedroom downstairs with Daesung.” Seunghyun sat up and rubbed his forehead. He looked over at Bom. “Where’s Daesung?” He asked.


 

“Hm? Oh, he’s downstairs.” She asnwered.


 

Seunghyun quickly stood up and walked past her out of the room. “You can’t leave him alone.”


 

Bom rolled her eyes and turned around. “He can’t do anything Seunghyun… He’s tied down to his wheelchair.”


 

“Still!” Seunghyun said as he walked down the stairs, followed by Bom. He walked over to me and knelt in front of me. “Hey buddy, how are you doing?” He smiled.


 

I just looked at him. “He won’t talk at all.” Bom said softly.


 

“Yeah, the doctor said he wouldn’t. Oh.. Daesung I have something for you. Wait here.” Seunghyun stood up and looked at Bom. “Stay here with him Bom.” He said and ran back up the stairs.


 

“Not going anywhere…” She muttered. She looked back at Daesung.


 

Seunghyun came back down the stairs and stood in front of Daesung. “Here. Youngbae brought this over earlier today.” He placed the photo, the one I was searching for, in my lap. I moved my eyes to look at it. I then tried to move my hands so I could pick it up, but they were tied to the wheelchair.


 

“What?” Bom said looking at me.


 

I kept trying to move my hands. Seunghyun went to the kitchen and grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the straps on one of my wrists. I looked at Seunghyun and then back down at the picture.


 

I slowly moved my free hand down and slowly picked up the picture. As I stared at it… A tear fell down my cheek. I opened my mouth a little to say something but nothing came out.


 

“Are you hungry Daesung?” Seunghyun asked.


 

I slowly shook my head. “You have to eat Dae.” Bom said to me.


 

I just sat there and didn’t say anything. “Do you want anything Daesung?” Seunghyun asked.


 

I shook my head slowly. “Are you tired?” Bom then asked.


 

I shook my head again. “I’ll make you some kimchi anyways Daesung.” Seunghyun said walking to the kitchen. “You need to eat and what better than Kimchi.”


 

“No.” I said softly.


 

Seunghyun stopped walking and turned around. “What?”


 

“I’m… not… Hu...hungry…” I looked away from them.


 

“Then what do you want?” Bom asked.


 

“My family.” Daesung said softly and looked up at us, there were tears falling down his cheeks.


 

“Can’t you tell them that you’re alive Daesung? It’s been over a month since your ‘death’! Can’t you tell them the truth now?” Bom said kneeling down beside me.


 

I looked at her and then at Seunghyun.


 

“She’s right Dae. You’ve had enough time.” Seunghyun said as he grabbed the phone.


 

“No!” I said trying to yell. My throat was killing me. “Please don’t…! I’ll do it! Just give me… a few more days… Please.” I coughed and held my free hand up to my throat.


 

“There’s something we need to tell you.” Seunghyun started as he looked at the ground.


 

“What?” I answered softly.


 

Seunghyun looked up at Bom. His way of telling her that she should tell me what happened. She sighed. “Your parents cleaned out your room. They sold some of the stuff, Seunghyun bought what he could. The other stuff they put in storage.” She explained.


 

“Your room is as if nothing was there.” Seunghyun added.


 

I just looked at them. “They… actually did it?” I said softly looking away now.


 

“I did buy what I could Dae.” Seunghyun said looking at me.


 

“Yeah… like what.” I muttered.


 

“Your keyboard. Some of your clothes, CD’s… ummm.” Seunghyun crossed his arms. “Your mom gave me some of your journal books. She kept your backpack though and your photo albums. Oh! Your bed! I bought it also. As soon as I clean up the room up stairs we can move everything up there.” Seunghyun said smiling.


 

I looked at him and then away. “I wanna go to bed.” I said softly.


 

“Okay but you need to eat first.” Bom said rolling me into the kitchen.


 

“I’m not hungry though.” I muttered.


 

“Of course you are!” Bom smiled.


 

“Why are you guys so happy?” I asked them.


 

“Because you’re alive Daesung.” Seunghyun said softly looking at me. “Look if it was up to Bom and I we would have told your parents about you still being alive… When they were cleaning out your bedroom.” He added.


 

“We love you Daesung.” Bom said softly. “We care a lot about you.”


 

“So does Youngbae.” Seunghyun added in.


 

I looked at him. “He… does?” I said softly.


 

“Yeah… Everyday since your ‘death’ he’s either always calling or dropping by unannounced just to let out his feelings.” Seunghyun explained.


 

“Really?” I looked at him.


 

“Youngbae misses you Daesung.” Bom looked at me.


I just looked at the floor. 

 

"Say something I'm..."