Going Back

Without That xx

[Daesung's POV]

We drove in silence back to my house and once we pulled up we just sat there. After a few minutes I looked over at him and then opened my mouth to speak.

“He was there Dae” Seunghyun spoke first. He looked over at me.

“Who?” I asked softly.

“Jiyong… He was at the hospital. He left the note on my car.” He explained as he slowly un-buckled himself and opened the car door.

I watched him get out of the car and proceeded to do the same thing. “Hyung… What did the note say?” I ask.

“Don’t worry about it… Let’s…” He looked around. “Let’s just get inside okay?” He placed a hand on my shoulder and then walked towards the door.

“Honestly…” I didn’t move an inch. “I’m more afraid of my family right now than I am of Jiyong…” I said softly. Seunghyun stopped walking and turned around.

“Daesung can we please get inside the house now.” He pleaded with me.

I shook my head and crossed my arms. “No Hyung… I want to know what he said in the letter.”

“You don’t need to know what he said okay!” He walked back over to me. I uncrossed my arms and was about to say something, but someone pulled up. We both turned to look who it was. The look on Seunghyun’s face was fearful.

The person got out of the car and walked over. “Hey, what are you two doing here?” He asked.

“I live here that’s what” I muttered to Youngbae.

He just looked at me. “Dude… Are you mad at your sister for telling your mom about you moving to America?”

I just looked at him with an astonishing look that turned into a sarcasm type of look. “Yes Hyung that is exactly why I am mad at Bora… No oh please it wasn’t the fact that she slapped me yesterday… I was totally fine with that!” I yelled and turned for the front door.

“Dude… Chill out okay?” He walked after me. Seunghyun was still standing there looking around the area.

I walked in the house and Youngbae followed, Seunghyun walked in a few moments later and quickly closed the door and locked it. He proceeded to the window and looked out through the curtains.

“Leave me alone okay?” I stopped and turned around to face Youngbae.

“Daesung what is wrong? Look I’m sorry if I did something… But don’t take out what bora did to you on me” He stood in front of me. “I’m just as mad as you are at her for doing that.” He added.

“Really?” I said softly.

“Yeah…” He looked at the ground. “We…” He looked up at me. “We got into a little argument after you left the house that night because of it all.”

“Oh? Are you two still together?” I asked.

“Of course we are” He laughed. I frowned. “She apologized to me for doing that.”

“Why the hell would she apologize to you when she SHOULD be apologizing to ME?!” I yelled and turned for the stairs.

“Daesung wait” He walked after me. “There’s something you should know” He grabbed my wrist. I stopped walking and turned around to be facing him. I looked down and then my gaze traveled up to look him in the eyes.

“What?” I whispered.

“I…” He started out but was interrupted when Bora opened her bedroom door.

“Bae?” She said rubbing her head as she walked out.

Youngbae quickly let go of my wrist and walked over to her.

She saw me and then looked back at Youngbae. “You’re late.” She muttered under her breath to him. She looked at me every few seconds.

I watched her and then looked away. “Why do you insist on making me look like a fool when other people are around?” I said under my breath to her. She stopped whispering to Youngbae and looked at me.

“What did you say?” She asked.

I looked up at her. “Why must you throw me down to hurt me and kick me even more to break me into even tinier pieces?”

Youngbae turned around and looked at me. Bora held onto his hand.

“So what… So what if I am gay… Do you hate me for it…? Do you think I am gross…? Nothing about me has changed Bora! I am still me! I am still your little brother! I am not different!” I yelled looking at her. “Why must I succumb to your hurtful words?! Why must I be included in your book of names of the most vilest people?!” I kept my eyes on her. “Why me! I am still me.” I took in a deep breath. “I am sick… and tired… of coming home to this house and seeing you with him…”

Bora looked away and then back at me. “Daesung…” She said softly.

“I am SICK and TIRED of seeing you happy all the time… I was never happy! I will never be happy! Without that son a Jiyong my life could have been a lot happier and better!” I took a step back. “All I see is black now… That’s all I ever want to see now… I wish I could sleep forever and not wake up anymore, because I know I will keep getting hurt and I DON’T want to be hurt anymore!” I felt the tears form. “I am tired… of everything and I am tired of you acting different towards me ever since you found out…” I looked away. “I want someone that I could Ride or Die with! I want to be with that person like you are with Youngbae… It can never happen to me because I am Gay… and I can never find love… As you call it…” I shook my head slowly. “I wish… That when I got hit by that car… or even fell down the stairs…” I turned my back towards them. “I wish I just died.” I slowly walked down the stairs and grabbed Seunghyun by the arm and dragged him out of the house.

I just left Bora and Youngbae stunned. They both looked at each other. They didn’t know what to do… Or even say for that matter. I just… poured everything out to them…

I mean it though… I never want to go back there…

Never….

I sat in the passenger seat of the car and rested my head on the window. I just looked out as he drove down the road. Watching everything pass by.

“Daesung…” Seunghyun said softly. “What did you say in there…? Back in the house.”

I closed my eyes for a second before taking in a deep breath. I opened my eyes and looked at him. “I told them the truth…” I said softly and looked back out the window. “I told them everything.”

Seunghyun looked at the road as he listened and then looked at me for a split second.

It was a second too long…

“Someone call 119!”