He Trusted Me.

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]


 

I ran back to the shelter, I couldn’t go back into the house. I just needed a few more days. A few more days and I will reveal myself. Something that I told Seunghyun months ago… It never happened. I stopped and leaned against a wall, catching my breath. I was tired and I just wanted to sleep. Sleep forever and never ever wake up.


 

It’s what I wanted… Then I wouldn’t care what would happen.

Since I’m still alive, I still have feelings and I don’t want them to be broken. To them I am dead… I’m dead inside but my body still lives.


 

I looked to the side of me and then up at the snow falling down. I couldn’t see 3 feet in front of me. The weather was so bad. I started to run again, but a pain in my chest prevented me from being able to continuously run without having to stop… I slowed down and leaned against another wall.


This storm was getting worse and I needed to get inside somewhere. I didn’t know where I was at because I couldn’t see… I didn’t know if I was near or miles away from my shelter. I couldn’t see anything.


 

At Daesung’s House~


 

The group continued to eat, they were still laughing and having fun around the table. Seunghyun just stared at his food, having only eaten a few bites, he stood up and excused himself from the table.


 

He slowly walked up stairs and to my room… Well my old room. He walked in… expecting to see everything in place and me being lazy on the bed and sleeping. When he walked in all he saw was emptiness. Nothing was left in the room. It was bare. Only a few paint cans sat around the room.


 

He walked over to my closet and opened it. Nothing in there either. Nor on the shelf in my closet. He walked to the middle of the room and closed his eyes. He breathed in deep and then slowly breathed out. He kept his eyes closed as a tear fell out.


 

“You’re so stupid Daesung.” Seunghyun muttered.


 

“Yeah.. I agree too.” Someone said behind Seunghyun.


 

Seunghyun opened his eyes and turned towards the door. “Oh.. Hey.” Seunghyun said softly to Youngbae who walked in the room.


 

“How are you doing?” Youngbae asked him.


 

“How is anybody doing…” Seunghyun softly said as he stared out the window into the blizzard.


 

Youngbae smiled a little bit as he walked over to Seunghyun and looked out the window also. “It’s scary out, but also pretty.” He said smiling.


 

“Did you really see Daehyun today?” Seunghyun asked.


 

Youngbae looked at Seunghyun. “Neh, he bumbed into Bora and I.” He looked back out the window.


 

“Well.. Did he say where he was staying or what?” Seunghyun.


 

Youngbae shook his head, keeping his eyes out the window. “He didn’t say anything like that.”


 

Seunghyun turned away from the window. “Youngbae there is something you need to know about Daehyun.”


 

Youngbae looked at Seunghyun. “What do you mean? Is he sick?”


 

“In a way yes…” Seunghyun responded. “But that’s not it.”


 

“Then what is it?” Youngbae asked leaning against the window.


 

“He isn’t who you think he is… His name isn’t really Daehyun…” Seunghyun started to explain. He started walking around the room.


 

I ran through the blizzard, trying to find my way back to some place. A place where I can be safe from this winter. A cold winter.


 

“Oh really?” Youngbae laughed. “Is it something goofy?”


 

“There’s a reason why Daehyun looks so much like Daesung.” Seunghyun turned to face Youngbae.


 

Everything you have worked for can be taken away from you in an instant. Ripped from your hands like your heart being torn from your chest. Something you entrusted to somebody else will be spoken and broadcasted for the world to hear. What world do we live in when secrets between best friends don’t mean anything any more… Someone you confided in betrays you and hurts you without even laying a finger on you. Actions hurt but words are powerful.


 

I ran and I ran… Trying to get away. Trying to find my way home.


 

“Daehyun… is Daesung… We kept it a secret from you guys for so long, because… because of a stupid reason. I don’t know why we didn’t tell you guys in the first place.” Seunghyun said looking at Youngbae.


 

He just raised his eyebrow and laughed. “Wow… Are you drunk Seunghyun? We saw him in the casket at the funeral. We know Daesung is really dead. We’re not buying that story.” Youngbae crossed his arms.


 

“I am telling the truth Youngbae. You have to believe me!” Seunghyun yelled walking over.


 

“I think you should go back to your house and rest. You look like you could use it.” Youngbae muttered and walked past Seunghyun and out of the room. Bom walked in after Youngbae left. She walked up to Seunghyun.


 

“Are you okay?” Bom asked.


 

Seunghyun just stared at the wall. “I told Youngbae.” He said softly.


 

“You what?!” She yelled.


 

“He didn’t believe me..” Seunghyun said quietly. “He thinks i’m drunk and what not.” Seunghyun muttered kicking over a paint can. He stood there and watched as the paint spilled out of his home...gathering in the middle of the floor and continuing to spread.


 

“Babe.” Bom said softly standing behind him and wrapping her arms around him, placing her hand on his chest. He just stood there and stared at the paint.


 

He shook his head and moved away from her, Bom stumbled a bit and looked at him in confusion.


 

“What’s the matter?” She asked.


 

He looked back at her and shook his head. “Daesung trusted me to not say anything and I just blurted it out… What am I…?” He muttered to himself walking out of the room. Bom sighed and followed him.


 

Back with Daesung


 

“Come back home…. Can you come back home….” I softly sung to myself as I slowly walked through the blizzard. My lips were turning blue and my face and hands were frozen. The snow kept falling and falling and it wouldn’t stop.

“Now all you gotta do is what you gotta do….” I kept singing softly.


 

I stopped walking when I felt dizzy and leaned against a wall. I felt pain shoot up through my body and I slid down the wall. I was freezing and I felt my life slipping away.


 

My eyes started to close when someone, whose building I was sitting against, came out and pulled my to my feet. I don’t remember it but it happened.


 

Next thing I know I was laying in bed, I was covered up in a blanket. The place didn’t look familiar. I moved my arm up and rubbed my forehead.


 

“Don’t move.” A young woman said softly walking over with a tray. She smiled when she saw me awake.


 

I just looked at her. “Where am I?”


 

“You’re lucky.” She said softly as she sat the tray down on the table.


 

“What do you mean?” I asked her.


 

“You almost froze out there.” She responded.


 

“Where am I?” I asked again.


 

“My grandfather’s market” She answered. She picked up the bowel and walked over to me. “Can you sit up?” She asked.


 

I layed there for a moment before slowly sitting up. She smiled and sat in the chair next to me.


 

“Here, you need to eat this soup.” She handed me the bowel. “You need to eat something warm.” She smiled again.


 

“Thanks.” I said softly. I looked down at the bowl and slowly started to slurp at it. I watched her put more wood into the fire place.


 

She turned to face me. “I’ll be right back.” She bowed before walking out of the room.


 

I looked back at my soup and sighed. I placed it back on the table beside me and looked at my hands, they still felt cold to me.

I looked up when the girl and another man walked in.


 

“Oh you’re finally awake.” He laughed slowly walking over.


 

He was an older gentleman. Maybe mid to late 60s.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I said bowing my head a little.


 

“Ah, non of that. How are you feeling? It’s a bit cold out there isn’t it!” He laughed again.


 

The girl playfully hit her grandpa’s shoulder. I smiled a bit. “Neh, it is.”


 

“Well take all the rest you need, the blizzard won’t be clearing up any time tonight.” He sighed and turned around.


 

“Thank you.” I said softly.


 

He nodded and waved his hand walking out of the room. The girl smiled and walked back over. She sat back down in the chair and saw my soup bowl, still full.


 

“Ah! You didn’t eat your soup!” She pouted.


 

“Mianhe. I’m not really hungry.” I said softly.


 

“But you still need to eat something warm.” She continued to pout. “I will feed you the soup then!” She laughed.


 

I quickly shook my head. “Ani, that’s not necessary.”


 

“Well then… will you eat your soup yourself then?” She crossed her arms.


 

I sighed and nodded. “Neh, okay.” She smiled and stood up again.


 

She started to walk out of the room, but stopped. “What’s your name?” She asked.


 

I looked up at her. I shook my head. “I don’t remember.”


 

She laughed, “Okay maybe in the morning you’ll tell me. Mine’s Dami.” She smiled and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.


 

I smiled until I thought about something. “Dami…” I said under my breath. I looked around and saw pictures of the family. “Jiyong… has a sister name Dami.” I slowly got out of the bed and looked at the photos. It was mostly of the girl who called herself Dami.

I picked up a picture and looked at it. “Her face… Why does it… look like..”


 

The front door opened and someone walked in. “I’m home! Damiiiiii! GPAAAAA!” A guy yelled walking in.


 

I dropped the picture on the ground and the frame shattered.


 

“…” I muttered to myself.


 

“Where were you!” The girl yelled.


 

The boy laughed. “I was out… Duhhhh Dami!” He laughed again.


 

“Oh brother! We have a guest!” She smiled.


 

“Oh really? Who?” He asked.


 

“I dunno, he won’t tell me his name.” Dami shrugged.


 

He laughed again and messed with her hair. “Where is he?” He asked.


 

“In that room over there.” Dami pointed to my room. I didn’t know this. All I heard was the talking and footsteps getting closer.


 

“Oh neh? My old room.” He said walking over. She followed behind him.


 

“He’s really nice brother.” She said smiling.


 

“I’ll be the judge of that. To be honest when you said there was a guy in there… I thought you locked up your boyfriend.” He laughed.


 

“Why would I do that?” She looked at him. “That’s not even funny.” She then muttered. He reached the door and looked at her.


 

“Just shut up Dami.” He muttered.


 

I looked around for an escape and saw a small window. I ran over to it and climbed up on the table. I struggled to open the window and when I finally did the door to the room I was in opened as well.


Here comes along trouble.