When Everything is Made to Be Broken

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]


 

The door opened as I was trying to climb out into the cold blizzard.


 

“Well… I never expected to see you again.” Jiyong said walking up to me. I stopped trying to climb and slowly turned around.


 

“You know him brother?” Dami asked following him.


 

“Yeah… He’s my boyfriend.” Jiyong smirked. “You came crawling back to me.”


 

“Leave me alone Jiyong… Please… I just want to get back home.” I said quietly but scared.


 

“You have no home…” Jiyong quickly responded in his low voice.


 

“I do too!” I shot back.


 

“How many others know about your little secret Daesung.” Jiyong asked walking up to me. “Just, me… Seunghyun and Bom? Hm? Don’t your parents know you are still alive? Oh how happy they would be? Or maybe… extremely mad… Maybe they won’t accept you back into their home because of the heart break you caused them.” Jiyong smiled.


 

“They love me.” I said softly.


 

“If they did… Then why did they pack up your room?” He asked still smiling.


 

“I don’t know…” I said quietly. “I just know that they love me! They do!”


 

“They’re planning to move, did you know that?” He suddenly said.


 

“What?” I said more confused than angry.


 

“You didn’t know? Oh right… you’re dead to them…” He laughed.


 

“Brother…” Dami said quietly.


 

“Just leave Dami… I’ll watch him.” Jiyong waved her off.


 

“Don’t hurt him.” She muttered.

“And I said get the hell out!” He yelled turned to face her. She just looked at him and then left the room, closing the door behind her.


 

I watched her leave and then looked back at Jiyong.


 

“Now where were we.” Jiyong muttered facing me again. He looked up at me. “Well first… let’s get you off that desk.” He said grabbing my arm and pulling me down. I almost fell onto the floor, but he pulled me to his chest. I quickly pushed away from him. “What? I was just trying to help you.”


 

I rubbed my arm and then proceeded to the door. He quickly ran to the door and got in front of it.

I stopped in my tracks. “Please move…” I muttered. “I want to leave.”


 

“To do what? Confess to your family that you’re still alive! IT WON’T WORK DAESUNG!” He got close to my face. “Give… It… Up…” He muttered and grabbed my hair and threw me down on the floor.


 

“Ah!” I yelled in pain and slowly tried sitting up, but he kicked me back down.


 

“When will you ever learn Daesung!” Jiyong yelled with each kick.


 

“Please stop!” I cried out. He stopped and spit on me. I clutched onto my side and crawled back to the bed.


 

Jiyong took off his jacket and threw it on the ground. He proceeded to unbuckle his pants. I slowly leaned half of my body on the bed and looked over at Jiyong.


 

I shook my head slowly. “Please…” I said softly.


 

He pulled off his belt and cover over to me. He picked me up and pinned me to the bed. I was kicking around. He grabbed the belt and held it around my neck and pulled on it. I started to scratch at the belt around my neck.


 

“How does it feel Daesung! Close to death yet!?” He yelled as he pulled tighter.


 

I continued to try to pull the belt from my neck, but I was losing my strength. I then tried reaching for Jiyong’s face. My vision was going blurry, before my hand dropped to the bed.


 

Jiyong quickly let loose of the belt and checked my pulse. He smiled. “Now that you’re knocked out… I can have my way with you.


 

I didn’t know what was going on… All I saw was black. Just black…


 

He grabbed my unconscious face and furiously kissed me. I never responded to the kiss, because I wasn’t aware of what he was doing.


 

He slowly stopped kissing me and looked at my face. His hands on my cheeks. “You know… Dae… I can snap your neck right now… You won’t feel a thing…” Jiyong smiled, putting pressure on my face with his hands. “Is it what you want? To be dead? That was your dream when you were ‘alive’ has it changed since?” Jiyong laughed.


 

He my cheek and then pulled off my pants. He me while I was unconscious. When he was done, I had bruises and scratches all over me. He smacked my face really hard after he pulled up his pants. He left the room, leaving me and vulnerable.



 

With Seunghyun


 

Bom stood behind Seunghyun and rubbed his shoulders. “Babe… Don’t worry… Daesung is okay… We know that at least.” Bom explained to Seunghyun as she rubbed his shoulders.


 

He just sat in the chair at their house. He rest his face on the ball of his hand as his elbow rested on the table.


 

“I wish he would come back.” Seunghyun replied softly.


 

“Me too… but how can we be sure… he wants to come back.” Bom asked.


 

Seunghyun looked to the side and took a deep breath. “I don’t know… It’s Daesung… He probably doesn’t want to come home… But then again… He probably does.” Bom stops rubbing his shoulders and walks to the side to be face to face with him. “A part of me wants to kick his … but the other part of me just wants him to be happy…” He said softly.


 

Bom held Seunghyun’s cheeks in her hands and looked at him. There were tears falling down his face and her eyes started to water.


 

“How do I know, my best friend isn’t hurt out there and he is calling for my help! I need to go out there and save him.” He started to sob. Bom pulled him into a hug. “I just want him back.” He added through his tears.


 

With Daesung


 

I opened my eyes and looked around. My vision was trying to focus. When it cleared up, I saw Dami wrapping my arm up and bandages my other scratches and cuts from Jiyong.


 

I sighed sadly and she looked up at me. She smiled slightly.


 

“Good morning.” She said still smiling.


 

“When is it ever a good morning for me.” I softly replied.


 

“Is he really your boyfriend?” Dami asked.


 

I looked at the ceiling and slowly shook my head. “No.” I said under my breath. “Is he really your brother?” I then asked.


 

She laughed a little. “Sometimes I wish he wasn’t… He’s too mean.”


 

“You think…” I muttered.


 

“He’s not here right now…” She then said to me.

I turned my head to look at her. “I can get you out of here.” She said softly, pulling the blanket up to my chest. “But… I would have to come with you.” She added. I just looked at her and she looked at me when I didn’t respond. “He’ll hurt me if he know’s I let you escaped.”


 

I turned my head to look at the wall. “Then just leave me here to die.” I said softly.


 

“I don’t even know who you are… but I want to help you because I care.” She looked at me. “My whole life I was tormented by my brother and no one seemed to understand me.” She started to tear up. “They don’t even care of the fact that he has me several times!”


 

I looked at her, then at her hand. I slowly moved my hand and placed it on hers. She kept crying.


 

“I sometimes wonder… why me! Of all people, why do I deserve this! I did nothing wrong but help people!” She sobbed.


 

I started to cry. I bit my tongue as I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes. “I know… someone…” I opened my eyes to look at her. “Who can help you… us both…” I said softly.


 

She looked at me as she wiped her tears. “Who?” She asked.


 

“Someone who I ran from.” I said softly and slowly sat up.


 

“Don’t get up, just rest.” She said gently pushing me down.


 

“But Jiyong…” I looked at her.


 

“He won’t be home for another few hours. You need to take a shower and I need to pack some things.” She said standing up. “Stay here, I’ll be right back.” She quickly ran out of the room.


 

I laid in the bed and looked towards the door. I heard a car door pull up and then door close. I tensed up. I heard Dami run back into the room. She tossed me some clothes.


 

“Hurry get dressed.” She quickly said looking out the window. “he came home early.” She started to freak out.


 

I got up, even though the pain shot through my body, I moved at a fast pace. I quickly got dressed with Dami’s help and she grabbed her bag.


 

“Come on let’s go.” She said holding onto my hand.


 

The front door for the store opened and we could hear some footsteps. We crossed into the kitchen, avoiding the door that separates the house from the store. That door started to unlock and then slowly open. We both ducked down behind the couch. Jiyong walks in.


 

“Dami! Gpaaaaa!” Jiyong yelled placing a bag on the counter.


 

We both breathed silently and watched what he was doing. “Ehhh Daesung! You’re going to like what I got for you!” He laughed as he listened for a reply. “What?? Are you still sleeping?” He laughed again as he carried a glass cup, with something in it, to the room. He looked at the bed.


 

We took that time to quickly, but quietly, leave through the connecting door and then heard Jiyong drop the cup and it shatter. He ran out of the room and saw the connecting door open. He ran into the room where he saw us both. He grabbed me from Dami and threw me against the wall. He turned back around to face Dami. He walked towards her.


 

“You were helping him escape?” He muttered grabbing her shoulders and shook her.


 

I slowly stood up and grabbed Jiyong and pulled him from Jiyong. “Leave her alone!” I yelled.


 

Jiyong regained his steps and grabbed the knife from the counter. “Yeah… you both…” He pointed the knife at me and Dami. I stood in front of her. “You both are made for each other… both rejects and idiots.” He muttered and walked towards us. I stepped up in front of him.


 

“Don’t touch her.” I muttered. Jiyong smiled.


 

“Waeyo? You like her? You both just met.” He kept smiling.


 

I punched him and he fell back, the knife fell on the ground next to him. I ran over to Dami and we started to leave.


 

Jiyong slowly got up and grabbed the knife, he stumbled over to us. Dami turned around.


 

“Jiyong!” She yelled. I turned around and he stabbed me in the stomach with the knife. I looked down at the knife in me and he looked at me, smiling. “Oh my god.” Dami said holding her hands up to .


 

“Bye.” Jiyong waved before pushing me on the ground. He grabs onto the knife and presses it further into my stomach. I close my eyes and yell out in pain as blood slips down my chin from my mouth.


 

I heard a crash and looked up to see Dami smashing a vase on Jiyong’s head. She pushed him over and he was unconscious. She bent down next to me and pulled out the knife.


 

I yelled out in pain again. “Can you walk?” She asked me. I slowly nodded and then stood up, using the wall as support. I stumbled a bit. Jiyong turned his head to the side and groaned. He was already starting to wake up.


 

“Sh....” I muttered as I looked back at Jiyong. “Let’s… g..go” We then hurriedly left through the store door, leaving it open.


 

We ran down the side-walk. It wasn’t a blizzard anymore… It was still snowing, but not as bad. We both took a turn down the alleyway. Jiyong ran out of the store after waking up, blood running down the side of his head, looking up and down the sidewalk.


 

“Dammit!” Jiyong yelled.


 

We continued to run through the alleyways. Once we were far enough, I collapsed to my knees… The pain was too much for me to handle. I held my hand on the spot where Jiyong stabbed me, the blood was seeping through my fingers.

Dami stopped running, and went back over to me.


 

“Come on! We have to hurry.” Dami said trying pull me up.


 

“Okay okay.” I said out of breath. “I’m coming.” I slowly stood up and she wrapped my arm around her shoulders and she wrapped her arm around my waist… Blood getting on her.


 

We continued to run through the snow, trying to avoid all cars possible… In case one of them was Jiyong.


 

I pointed her in a direction that led to a house. We slowly walked, she was still helping me. “Who lives here?” She asked as we approached the door.


 

My vision started to go out on me, I out again and fell from her arms onto the ground.


 

“Daesung!” She yelled. She bent down next to me and shook me. “Wake up!” She yelled. She quickly stood up and banged on the front door. “Help!” She continued to yell.

“Someone is at the door.” A woman said as she stopped cutting something.


 

“I’ll get it.” A man said as he crossed in front of her over to the door. He opened it and saw Dami, on her knees, covered in blood, crying. He looked behind her and saw me… on the steps, out, bleeding… dying.

“Oh my god.”