What Happened?

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]

Seunghyun looked at me as we drove down the highway. Occasionally he looked back at the road. “Daesung? What happened?” He asked.

“She hit me” I said softly. “My sister hit me…” I said again. “She hates me… She knows about me…” I kept talking, like I was going to have a panic attack.

Seunghyun looked at the road. “Dae… What are you going to do now?” He asked, not looking at me.

I shook my head. “I don’t know…” I said softly. “I can’t see her… She’ll probably tell my mother.” I kept talking. I shook my head.

“Daesung calm down okay… You can stay at my house for as long as you want okay? As long as you don’t mind Bom being there.” He explained as he got off the exit for the hospital.

“Where are we going?” I said looking out the window, the tears falling down my cheeks.

Seunghyun turned at the light and the hospital came into view on the left. “We’re going to visit Seungri.” He said softly.

We parked in the lot and got out, I slowly followed behind him and we went inside and to Seungri’s room. He still hasn’t woken up. He still had an oxygen mask on. He still looked beat up. Seunghyun sat down in the chair next to Seungri’s bed. I stood next to the door. I couldn’t get any further.

I just couldn’t.

The doctor walked in a few moments later and Seunghyun stood up. He faced the doctor. “So how is he?” Seunghyun asked.

“He’s fine. Better than when he came in the hospital early this morning. He’s still in the coma. We do not know when he will wake up or if he will wake up.” The doctor explained.

“He won’t wake up?” I said softly.

“Ani, I am not saying that. There is a chance he may not… But the chances of him recovering from this are really, really high.” The doctor explained looking at me.

I looked away and leaned against the wall again, I looked over at Seungri and then closed my eyes. I wanted to cry.

“Thank you doctor. Please… Please let us know if anything changes… Okay?” Seunghyun asked.

The doctor nodded and walked out. Seunghyun walked back over and sat back down next to Seungri’s bed. I continued to stand next to the door, not moving. I opened my eyes back up and my phone started to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket. Seunghyun looked over at me.

“Who is it?” Seunghyun asked.

I looked at the caller ID. “It’s Jiyong.” I said softly.

Seunghyun stood up and walked over to me, he grabbed my phone and answered it.

“What do you want?” He answered harsh.

“Daesung has his own personal secretary now?” Jiyong laughed.

“I need to you stop calling him! He is not your boyfriend! He does not love you! You ruined his life! You’re ruining everything for him!” Seunghyun yelled. I looked at him and then slowly walked over to Seungri’s bed.

“He’s not going to remember who you are…” Jiyong smiled through his words.

“What?” Seunghyun said angrily.

“Seungri… I doubt he’ll remember you or Saeung or anything for that matter.” Jiyong explained. On his end he was bouncing a rubber ball against the wall.

“You are wrong on that Jiyong…” Seunghyun muttered. “Now I need you to stop calling this number!” He yelled and hung up. He turned to face me but I wasn’t there. “Dae?” He turned to Seungri’s bed and saw me standing next to his bed. My back was to him.

“I’m sorry again Seungri.” I said softly.

Seunghyun stood there and listened.

“I’m sorry for the way I acted at some points in our friendship. I’m sorry for not saying how much I appreciate our brothership. Please just make it through this… Okay?” I said softly. The tears were coming down my cheeks again.

Seunghyun placed a hand on my back and I buried my head into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug.

Later that evening we drove to my house. It was about 8:05 pm and Bora was home with Youngbae and the parents. Seunghyun parked the car and we both got out.

“Okay… I can do this” I said under my breath and we walked up the steps to the door. I quietly opened the door. I could hear the sound of dishes being washed, mom was in the kitchen. I could hear manly laughter with multiple men, my father was in the den with his friends, probably playing pool and watching a football game. I couldn’t hear anything to signal where Bora was at or Youngbae.

I slowly walked in and Seunghyun closed the door behind him. We made our way to the stairs and started to walk up, I stopped when I was face to face with my sister. I just stood there and looked at her.

“Excuse me” I said softly. She just looked at me and moved to the side and continued down the stairs. I walked up to my room and pulled out a bag. I started packing my clothes and when I was finished I zipped up the bag and placed it on my bed. I sat down and rubbed my face.

Seunghyun looked around my room and then looked at my bed. “Is this where Bora found you and Jiyong?” He asked. I looked back at him and nodded.

“Neh” I responded with a soft voice. “I wish… That I would have slept on the couch that night… I shouldn’t have believed that Jiyong would have said anything.” I buried my face in my hands.

“Jiyong is all talk and no action… Most of the time.” Seunghyun sighed and pulled up my desk chair and sat next to me. “Look… everything will be okay.” He explained.

I looked at him and nodded. “Let’s go” I said softly. I stood up and grabbed my bag. I heard a plate break in the kitchen and Bora talking. I just stood there to listen and Youngbae ran by, not noticing we were here.

“What??” My mom said with a surprised voice.

“It’s true mom… Ask him for yourself.” Bora said looking at my mother.

“Is everything alright?” Youngbae said reaching them.

“Neh, everything is fine. The plate just slipped.” My mom said trying to smile. “Did you know?” She asked me.

“Know what?” Youngbae responded.

“Know about Daesung?” My mom asked.

“Not until today officially.” Youngbae answered.

I just stood there. “She told them…” I shook my head. “We…We need to leave out the window.” I said turning around and going back in my room. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I opened the window and was about to climb out when my mom walked in.

“Daesung?” She said softly. She looked over and saw Seunghyun.

I stopped trying to climb out… But I didn’t face her. “Neh” I said softly.

“Is it true?” She asked.

“What?” I turned around to face her. I held my bag tight.

“About you?” She couldn’t finish the sentence.

“Mom listen” I said walking towards her.

“When were you going to tell us you were planning to transfer to America for the rest of college?” I stopped walking and looked at Seunghyun. He looked at me and shrugged.

“What do you…?” I looked at my mom.

“Bora told me… You were putting in a transfer.” She explained.

“Ani mom… I still haven’t decided yet.” I said softly. “I gotta go… I’m going over Seunghyun’s house.” With that… I walked past her and down the steps. I passed by Bora. She stopped to look at me.

“You’re welcome” She muttered and walking. I didn’t respond but kept walking. Seunghyun following behind me.