Already?

Without That xx

I stayed in the hospital for a few more days before they finally released me. Seunghyun brought a hat and sunglasses to the hospital with him. He handed the pieces to me and I looked at him.

"What is this for?" I asked him.

"It's your disguise.” He responded back to me.

I looked at the hat and glasses before putting them on. “Can you recognize me?” I asked.

“Well duh I do because I know it’s you… stupid.” He crossed his arms.

I took off the glasses and frowned. He looked at me and sighed.

“Daesung, you know I was kidding right?” He asked softly.

I just nodded. “Neh.” I looked up at him again. “Did you bring me clothes?” I asked.

“Ah! Bom has them” He replied.

I looked around the room. “Where is she?”

Seunghyun looked behind him and then back at me and shrugged. “I don’t know.”

A few minutes later Bom walked in with a bag and handed them to me.

“I don’t understand why you can’t tell anybody about this Daesung…” She muttered.

I proceeded to change in the room. “I’ll explain it to you when we get back to Seunghyun’s house.”

“But Daesung… your funeral is tomorrow…” She said softly.

I stopped what I was doing and Seunghyun looked at her. “They… They already planned it?” I asked.

Bom nodded. “Neh… Youngbae called and told us.” She said softly.

I looked at the bed and finished putting my shirt on. I placed the hat back on my head and then the sunglasses to cover my eyes.

“Let’s go.” I said looking at them.

Seunghyun brought over the wheelchair the nurse rolled in a few minutes ago. He helped me in the chair and started to push me out of the room. Bom followed next to us.

“I… can’t believe they would… I want to go the funeral.” I said looking at her.

“Daesung you can’t… They’ll see you…” Seunghyun jumped in.

“We’ll change my appearance.” I spoke up.

“Like what? Dye your hair?” Bom laughed.

“Yeah! We’ll do that.” I said looking at her.

“I was kidding Daesung.” Bom looked back at me.

“Please noona.” I said softly.

She sighed. “Fine. We’ll change your appearance. We’ll say you’re one of Daesung’s friend from class or something.”

Seunghyun laughed. “This will be interesting.”

We got to the car and Seunghyun helped me in. Bom got in the driver’s seat and then Seunghyun got in the passenger’s seat. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. I wonder what they were feeling right now…

~At Daesung’s House~

My mom was still sitting in the living room on the couch. She was still wearing her black dress with her makeup running down her face and her hair was a mess… You would think she didn’t move from that spot since she’s been there.

My dad still went to work as normal. He would come home and go straight to his den to drink.

My sister would just stay in her room the whole day. She wouldn’t eat or get up to shower. From the downstairs you can hear her cry.

Youngbae wasn’t at my house. He hasn’t been there since they got back home from the hospital.

~Back on the road~

I opened my eyes and noticed we were parked outside a store. Seunghyun was still in the front seat. He was listening to music and playing on his phone. A few moments later Bom came back into the car with a bag. She placed the bags in the back and noticed I was awake.

“Oh you’re awake Daesung.” She said facing forward again and pulled out of the parking lot. “I hope you will like having black hair… Cause that’s what we’re dying your hair.”

I didn’t answer her, instead I closed my eyes again. This time I woke up when we arrived at Seunghyun’s house.

“Who is that parked in our driveway?” Seunghyun said looking out the window. “Oh … its Youngbae… Daesung hide yo self.” He looked back at me.

“Seunghyun…” Bom slapped him on the shoulder. “Just go see what he wants and I’ll pull around back.”

Seunghyun looked at her and then at me. He slowly got out of the car and walked over to Youngbae. Bom pulled out of the driveway and drove around the block.

“He dude.” Seunghyun said looking at Youngbae.

“Hey” He said softly.

Seunghyun looked around. “How are you?” He asked.

Youngbae looked at him. “I guess… I’m doing well. I mean… I’m hurt…”

“Yeah… who isn’t…” Seunghyun chimed in.

Youngbae said. “Seunghyun look… I…” He was trying to think of something to say but Bom walked out of the front door.

“Seunghyun I need your help.” She muttered and looked at Youngbae. “hey.”

Youngbae smiled at her. “Hey noona”

Seunghyun looked back at Bom. “I’ll be right there babe.” Bom went back into the house and Seunghyun turned back to Youngbae.

“You’re going to his funeral tomorrow right?” Youngbae asked.

“Of course I am. I wouldn’t miss my best friend’s funeral… It’s sad that it’s a funeral and not a wedding… Not that he would have a real wedding… you know because he’s gay and all and no one in his family would support that decision.” Seunghyun explained.

Youngbae opened his mouth, but closed his eyes and breathed in. “I never said I didn’t hate him or that I wouldn’t support him because he is gay…” He said softly. “I support his decision 100% Seunghyun… If he wants to be gay then he has a right to have a marriage and a happy life. Whose place is it to say that he can’t love another man… It’s ignorant of other people to think that.”

Seunghyun looked at him. “But what about Bora?” Seunghyun asked.

“What about her?” Youngbae replied.

“She didn’t…” Seunghyun said softly.

Youngbae was about to answer when Bom walked out. “Seunghyun… Get the hell inside… I need your help now.”

Seunghyun sighed. “I’m coming.” He turned back to Youngbae. “I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” He turned around and walked into the house.

Youngbae stood there for a few moments thinking before finally turning around. He got in his truck and drove off.

“What is it Bom?” Seunghyun said aloud closing the door behind him.

“Oh nothing. I just wanted to get you inside the house.” She muttered.

“Where are you?” Seunghyun asked.

“I’m in the bathroom… Trying to dye Daesung’s hair.” She said putting the dye in my hair.

Seunghyun walked in and stood by the door frame. “Wow…”

“You’re not going to be blonde no more.” Bom started to sing.

I frowned. “I liked being a blonde.” I sighed.

“Well for now you will have black hair.” She replied to my whining.