Chapter 66 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Sixty-Six 

 

❅ Your POV ❅
 
 
It was pitch black. So dark. So vague. “I can’t see anything!!” I cried. 
 
Suddenly, I was being shaken. I have no idea who it was. I really can’t see anything. Until, someone started shouting. “Why don’t you try opening your eyes! Just try. It might help.” The last two phrases sounded sarcastic. 
 
I opened my eyes and the bright lights nearly blinded me. I was at the same place. The Garden, and Angel Sungjong was right in front of me. “I hope you can see everything now.” He rolled his eyes.
 
I gulped as I tried to let every single thing sink in. 
 
It was all just a dream. 
 
Me being sent on earth for an important mission, falling in love with a human being, not just a human being, but a human form of Angel Baekhyun! I was dreaming the whole time. 
 
I turned my head to the side and saw Angel Baekhyun in deep slumber. Why was he sleeping beside me? Who brought me here under this big tree? I chewed my lip and squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to remember everything. 
 
Master gave me a mission. It was about a guy, no, it was about Angel Baekhyun in a human form. And he’s dead. Not dead-dead, but dead because he doesn’t know how to smile. He’s very pessimistic and he thinks every problem in the world belongs to him. He was just like Angel Baekhyun. 
 
Angel Baekhyun, the Angel of Courage is cheerless and faint-hearted as heck. He does not talk to any Angel unless they make their first move. When you talk to him, that’s when he’ll answer. He’s not close to anyone, except, I guess, me. Why? Because I like him. Because I... love him. 
 
But, Angel + Angel = Forbidden. Wrong. Improper. Unholy. Unlawful. Against God. Against everybody. Impossible. Not gonna happen. NEVER going to happen.
 
Maybe that’s why I made it possible in my dream. 
 
All I wanted to do was to make this Angel happy. Happy with who he is. Happy with what he has. Because he deserves to be happy. He is the Angel of Courage and I want to make him feel that he really is. I know that he’s not a coward. That he is one brave and happy Angel. He just need someone to prove it to him and I am willing to do everything just to be able to tell the whole heavens how amazing this Angel is. 
 
“It was, oh my goodness,” I massaged my temple.
 
“How long have you been sleeping?” Angel Sungjong asked.
 
“I-I don’t know I, God...” I exhaled.
 
“Whatever happened in your who-knows-how-long slumber, I want you to please, please forget about it right now because Master needs you. The both of you, actually.” He said, glancing at Angel Baekhyun who was still asleep. “Because Master has something very important to say. I don’t know what it is. All I know is you, and that sleeping beauty needs to hurry up now.” 
 
Angel Sungjong stood up. “I need to go now. Please wake him up right now, okay? Hurry!” And then he was gone.
 
I did as told. I shook off every single detail about my dream and crawled in front of Angel Baekhyun. 
 
“Hey!” I shook him. “Hey, wake up! Master needs us! Hurry! Wake up!” 
 
He slowly opened his eyes and squinted at the brightness of the periphery. “You,” He said.
 
“Me?” I asked. 
 
He looked at me like he couldn’t believe I was there. I looked back at him and what happened in my dream started coming back. We were quiet for awhile. 
 
“Hey, this is not the right time to analyze each other’s faces. I know you find me really cute, but please. Now’s not the right time. We have to hurry! Everyone’s waiting for us!” I didn’t wait for him to stretch or fix himself. I pulled him up and dragged him out of the Garden.
 
Holding his hand, I felt really happy. I started to imagine us running around the house. That huge house that we lived in. I could see him smiling and just having fun. I wish all of it were true.
 
We arrived at the hall and everyone looked at us. “We’re so sorry.” I panted.
 
Angel Sooyoung patted my back and said, “It’s okay. You two are just on time.”
 
“No they’re not.” Angel Minah snapped. “Where have you been?” 
 
Just as I was about to answer, I remembered Angel Sooyoung and Angel Minah being present in my dream, too. Angel Sooyoung was Angel Baekhyun and Angel Sungjong’s older sister. And she’s.. um, can’t remember the exact thing, but I’m sure it’s something about hell. Angel Minah, on the other hand, was their Mother. A very caring and loving Mother. Total opposite of what she really is. 
“We just woke up from a really deep sleep. Sorry.” I said. 
 
Suddenly, Angel Chanyeol was walking towards us. “Come.” He directed us to stay in front. 
 
I can’t help but look at him and remember how good he looked wearing nice clothes in my dream. He looked like a real human being. Cool.
 
“Angel Baekhyun,” A mighty voice said. “I have an important mission for you.”
 
I looked at him, just to see his reaction. I wasn’t surprised when I saw the usual, calm, bored, long face. No emotion at all.
 
“You will be sent on earth,”
 
This feels like deja vu. This thing happened in my dream, too. Is it supposed to mean something? 
 
“Not as an Angel, but as a human being.” He continued. “And you will not do this alone.”
 
Angel Baekhyun looked at me like he’s wanting to say something. If only I could stop this announcement and ask him what it was. 
 
“I have been searching for the right Angel to do this mission with you. And I think I have found just the ethical one.”
 
Master started communicating with me mentally. I closed my eyes and focused on what he was about to say. 
 
“You did a good job on your mission, Angel Cheonsa.” He said.
 
My eyes abruptly opened. Oh my goodness. Of course! Of course he knew. Master knew all about it! 
 
I glanced at Angel Baekhyun and then suddenly, I felt like I was being pulled up. A glint of light shone upon us.
 
I rubbed my eyes. I was lying on a wet, cold grass. I sat up and looked around until I saw Angel Baekhyun. We were at the front lawn of a huge house. A very familiar house. 
 
It was Byun Baekhyun’s house. Yup, that was his name. 
 
Under a garden swing, I saw something scintillating in a form of a round object. I hurriedly walked towards it and saw what it was. Money. I picked it up and heard a voice behind me. “What are you doing with those papers and cir- money? Those are called money, you know. At first, you’ll think that those are just papers and circles.” Baekhyun said. 
 
Wow. This was the very first time that he said something. He knows how to talk, of course but today, he really said something. By something I mean, more than two or three words. 
 
“O-of course. Money.”
 
Am I the only Angel who calls money as papers and circles? How shameful.
 
A bell came ringing which distracted the both of us, not to mention the awkward silence between the two of us. It was coming from an old man selling, “Ice cream!” Ice cream! I knew it was ice cream. 
 
I came running towards the old man who looked horrified seeing the ice-cream-i-want-ice-cream-give-me-ice-cream look on my face. “Hey, Ange- Baekhyun!” I called.
 
Baekhyun walked towards me. 
 
“Choose one and I’ll pay.” Realizing that maybe he doesn’t know what an ice cream was, I dragged him to the side and whispered, “Don’t worry, ice cream is food. It is really delicious! Trust me!” *Based from my experience.* I thought. I can’t wait to tell Baekhyun all about my amazing dream.
 
He nodded. From being horrified, the old man’s expression became annoyed. 
 
“By the way, you can only pick between mango and strawberry flavor. I know that the one named chocolate looks really delicious but that’s expensive so it’s a no-no.” I explained, my ice cream.
 
The old man left and we were now standing in front of the huge house. I decided to go for a little walk so I can tell Baekhyun about my dream and so that I can show him how wonderful this place is.
 
As we were walking past different houses, I realized that it was still Christmas time. 
 
“Thanks,” he said.
 
“For what?” You looked at him.
 
“For giving me the best gift ever.”
 
You blinked once, then looked up again. “So, happy birthday... stick alien.” 
 
“Thank you.” He hugged his knees.
 
There was a long pause.
 
Glancing at him, you asked, “What’s your wish?”
 
He looked at you. “For my birthday?” 
 
You nodded.
 
He sighed deeply. “Well, it’s actually a secret, but if I tell you are you willing to grant it, Angel?” He asked.
 
You started to feel nervous, but nonetheless said, “Sure, o-okay. Why not?” You shrugged.
 
After a moment of silence he uttered, “Stay.” 
 
*It’s Baekhyun’s birthday today.* I smiled just by thinking about it. 
 
It felt so good to be walking side by side with someone you truly love and care about. Plus, Master sent us here not as Angels, but as human beings. So, basically, there are no rules. No forbidden stuff. I’m allowed to have feelings for someone. I can fall in love with Baekhyun without being scared of the fact that I may be punished or worst, be sent to, um, down there.
 
I looked up at Baekhyun who was calmly eating his ice cream. “Baekhyun?” I said.
 
“Hm?” He said, looking down at me.
 
“Can I ask you something?”
 
“How many questions?” He asked, finishing his ice cream.
 
“Uh, just one.” I gulped.
 
“Well then, you already did.” He said, looking away.
 
“Huh?”
 
He cluked his tongue. “Nevermind. What is it?” He stopped walking and I did, too.
 
“Have you ever imagined yourself being a human being?” I asked.
 
“Of course. Most of us Angels do that.” He replied like he was stating a fact. “Why?”
 
I bit my lip. “What would you do if, if you were a real human being?”
 
*No rules. No forbidden things. No punishments.* Baekhyun thought. “What would I do?” He asked, looking down at me again.
 
I nodded.
 
When you ask someone a question, you’re expecting for an answer, right? I was expecting for that. But instead, he gave me a tight hug. A hug that I hope won’t last. 
 
And then Baekhyun said, “Everything that happened in your dream. In our dream.” 
 
And then his lips crashed onto mine. *Stick alien...* I thought.
 
Today, I just found somebody who made me feel complete. Who made me the Angel I really was. The Angel of Happiness. Baekhyun made me feel happy. In just 20 days, I learned how wonderful life was. How it feels to have such important persons in your life. How it feels to violate a forbidden thing. How it feels to go in an adventure with someone you really care about. How it feels to be loved by the person you can’t have in the real life. My Mission taught me how important it was to make a person happy. It taught me not to give up on things. To just keep doing your very best and what you think is right.
 
It taught me to treasure precious memories with the one you love. Your laughs, your jokes, your smiles, your conversations, your plans, your tears, your experiences, your friendship, and of course, your love. Maybe I’m not a lazy Angel after all! Because I’ve been doing my own mission from the start. I’ve been trying to make Baekhyun happy because that’s the easiest way to show how much I care for him, how much I love him. And those 20 days taught me that no matter how hard your mission is, you need to make the best out of it. Just like what I did to my stick alien.
 
I can feel Baekhyun smiling. He broke the kiss. Baekhyun’s face was inches away from mine. “Day one, you made Byun Baekhyun smile.” He said. “Good job, Angel Cheonsa!”
 
“But, day twenty’s...” I blinked, confused.
 
“You’re in a new mission now, Angel.” He exhaled. “Your mission, twenty days to make Byun Baekhyun smile is over.”
 
“New mission?”
 
“Yup. To love Byun Baekhyun... forever.” He smiled. “You think that’s one tough mission?”
 
I shook my head. “Nope, not at all.”
 
Baekhyun entwined his both of his hands against mine and looked at me in the eyes. “So, tell me, are you still willing to be on this adventure with me?”
 
I removed my hands and placed them on my hips. “Sure, but on one condition.” I pursed my lips.
 
“What condition?”
 
“Promise me, you’ll always smile. You don’t know how precious that goddamn smile is.” I said.
 
Baekhyun gave me an eye smile.
 
I wrapped my arms around him. “I’m going to love you forever, forbidden or not.” I whispered in his ear.