Chapter 31 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 


 

Chapter Thirty-One 

 

DAY 8

 

"Cheonsa? Cheonsa?! Wake up!! You're dreaming!!" Minah cried. You sat up gasping for air. "Are you okay?!" She touched your back.

 

You glanced around. You were in the living room and your necklace was beside you. "Where's Baekhyun?"

 

"He's sleeping in his room now. Why?"

 

"N-nothing. You can sleep now Minah. Thanks." You smiled while wiping the sweat off your face.

 

"It's okay. I can't sleep so I just decided to keep watch of you. Wait here, I'll get you a glass of cold water so that you'll calm down." She stood up and went to the kitchen.

 

You massaged your temples. *I'm sorry Baekhyun.* Minah came back with a glass of cold water. You drank. "Thanks."

 

"Feeling better now?"

 

You nodded slowly. You glance at the clock and it was 5:00 in the morning. "Minah?"

 

"Hm?" She answered as she opened the television.

 

"Er...." You cleared your throat. "Where's your husband?" 

 

Minah smiled before looking at you. "He's up there, in heaven. Your place."

 

You lowered your head. "Sorry."

 

"Anio, it's okay." She giggled. "Tell Ren and Luhan to take care of him for me."

 

You smiled. "Yeah, I will." You tried to focus your attention on the TV but you just can't. Your dream kept on bugging you. You felt very sorry for Baekhyun and you realized that your mission is not as easy as what you've imagined. You need to work harder and in order to achieve your goal, you need to start acting the way you should. You need to start acting the right way. You heaved a sigh. "Minah, may we please eat?" You pouted as you rub your tummy.

 

Minah smiled. "Come here."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The sun rose up and you're helping Minah set the table for breakfast. Sooyoung sat on one of the chairs and buried her face in her hands. "Where's Chanyeol?" She muttered.

 

"Oh, he left earlier this morning because he said he wanted to wash up." Minah answered.

 

Sooyoung growled. "! My head is gonna explode." You sat beside her, removed her hands off her face and massaged her temples. Sooyoung wiinced as she closes her eyes. You finished massaging her temples. She opened her eyes. "It's gone!" She exaggeratedly shook her head. You stood up and giggled. "What did you just do?" She has a shocked look on her face.

 

You casually shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe because my hands have magical powers in it!" You wiggled your brows. 

 

Minah immediately changed the topic, worried about where the conversation might go. "Honey, maybe you're just hungry. Here.." She placed a bowl of hot Kimchi Jigae on the table. "Finish that. So that you'll be sober." 

 

You, on the other hand placed a plate of bacon and eggs and a glass of orange juice on a tray. "Excuse me, I'll just bring these upstairs." You headed upstairs. Baekhyun's room was half open. You decided to take a look inside but no one was there. His bed was neatly fixed and the room was tranquil. "Where is he?" You sigh and went back downstairs. "Have you seen Baekhyun?" You ask as you place the tray on the counter. 

 

"Oh! I forgot to tell you, he left early for school." Minah said while munching her food.

 

"Huh? But, I didn't see him--" 

 

"I think you were in the CR that time."

 

"Oh~" Your voice trailed off. "Er, I'll just go watch TV." You excused yourself from the two hungry munching ladies in front of you and went to the living room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sungjong sat beside you. "Hey, Angel of Happiness. What do you want to do this lazy afternoon?" 

 

You let out a grunt. "Can we go somehwere quiet and peaceful?"

 

"Hm. Okay! If that's what you want. Gaja!! Let's hurry up before Sooyoung sees us!" The both of you rushed outside.

 

The two of you arrived at a park near the house. You started jumping up and down like a kid. "This looks a lot like my favorite place!" You stopped jumping and sat on one of the swings. "I miss it." You used your feet to push the swing. 

 

"Miss what?" Sungjong sat on the swing opposite yours. 

 

"Everything! I miss my friends, I miss those times when we chase each other the whole day. I miss my life....up there."

 

"Why? Is it different here?" Sungjong looked at you.

 

"Yeah. Waaaay different." You stopped swinging. "Everything's perfect there. There's no need for me to pretend to be someone's girlfriend, no need to use money, no mean people, no scary giants, no barking dogs. The only thing I like here is the ice cream and the handsome cardboard people and Lee Byunghun."

 

"How about us? Your family?" 

 

You looked at him. "Of course I like my family too. I like how you treat me like I'm a real member of your family, I like it all. But you know sometimes you need to stop getting used to all these things especially because you know that soon enough it will all vanish. "

 

Sungjong stopped his swing. "Why are you saying all that?"

 

"I cannot do this. I....I give up Sungjong." With your answer he stood up and knelt in front of you. "Are you crazy?! Are you even aware of what you're saying? What happened?! Why are you like that all of a sudden? Huh?!?!"

 

"BECAUSE THIS MISSION IS NOT EASY!!!" You growled and stomped your feet on the ground. Sungjong was about to say something but you cut him off. "I dreamt of the whole thing! The incident about her sister!! And after that I, I realized that it, it is not as easy as I think!" A tear fell from your eye. 

 

Sungjong stood up and hugged you. "Shh~" There was a long pause. "You know, when I was little I used to think that Angels always smile because they are, you know, Angels." He broked the hug. "And it's the first time I'm seeing an Angel cry." Sungjong wiped your tears. "Angel Cheonsa, please....don't give up." 

 

You looked at his eyes. He was in the verge of crying. You felt hurt. It felt like Sungjong really wants to help his cousin. "You do love your cousin so much don't you?"

 

He nodded. "Please. I-I'm willing to help you in every way just please, don't give up Cheonsa."

 

You sighed and ruffled Sungjong's hair. "Okay ghost guy, I'll do it. And I'll be needing your help. Promise to help me?"

 

He exaggeratedly nodded his head. "I ING PROMISE!" 

 

You flicked his forehead. "No bad words allowed young man!" The both of you giggled.

 

You played around a little then went back home.