Chapter 64 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Sixty-Four 

 

Right after the romantic dinner everyone settled in the living room.
 
“Happy birthday, Baekhyun!” Minah said after Baekhyun finished blowing his candle. 
 
“Thank you, Eomma.” He said. 
 
Sooyoung stood up and handed two presents to him. “Happy birthday and Merry Christmas handsome cousin!” She hugged him and sat back down on her seat.
 
Yuri stood up next and gave a small box to him. “Happy birthday, big boy!” She winked. You rolled your eyes.
 
“Sungjong hyung how about you?” Baekhyun asked. 
 
“I’m the one who bought the cake!” Sungjong replied.
 
“Yeah, he used my money.” Minah added.
 
Everyone giggled except you. You were feeling too edgy to do so. “Cheonsa?” Sooyoung asked. All eyes were on you. 
 
She handed you the microphone. “Your surprise.” She smiled warmly. 
 
You looked at Baekhyun before grabbing the mic. “Happy birthday... Baekhyun.” You said.
 
Sooyoung punched numbers on the karaoke. You began to sing.
 
Born in the winter
this beautiful you
clean like snow
you who belong to me
born in the winter
my lover
clear as snow
you who belongs to me
Regardless whether it’s spring,summer,autumn, or winter
Always clear and clean
 
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday , Hoo…
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday To You
 
You placed the microphone on top of the couch and raced upstairs. You headed to the balcony and breathed some fresh air. “I almost fainted, omo!” You sat down, hugged your knees and looked at the sky. 
 
Baekhyun placed his presents on the couch and followed you upstairs. He was about to check on Minah and Sungjong’s room when he saw you in the balcony. 
 
He slowly sat down beside you and exhaled. “You left everyone in awe.” He said.
 
From the corner of your eye you can see that he was staring at you. “Really?” You asked, still looking up.
 
“Yeah,” he paused for a moment “who taught you that song?”
 
“Sooyoung.”
 
“Thanks,” he said.
 
“For what?” You looked at him.
 
“For giving me the best gift ever.”
 
You blinked once, then looked up again. “So, happy birthday... stick alien.” 
 
“Thank you.” He hugged his knees.
 
There was a long pause.
 
Glancing at him, you asked, “What’s your wish?”
 
He looked at you. “For my birthday?” 
 
You nodded.
 
He sighed deeply. “Well, it’s actually a secret, but if I tell you are you willing to grant it, Angel?” He asked.
 
You started to feel nervous, but nonetheless said, “Sure, o-okay. Why not?” You shrugged.
 
After a moment of silence he uttered, “Stay.” 
 
You raised your eyebrows and pretended not to hear. “W-what?”
 
Baekhyun looked at you. “Don’t leave.” He said firmly. There was a serious look in his eyes that caused you to look away. 
 
You tried looking to your right, but it was plain wall. You tried to look forward, but the railings made you dizzy. You looked down, but you’re afraid that you might get emotional and tears will fall easily so you have no choice to look, but up. “O-of course I can! I’ll always be up there, right?” You pointed to the sky. “Well, except if it’s daytime of course.” You forced a laugh. “Imagine I’m eating ice cream that time that’s why I’m not there.” You giggled.
 
“That’s bull!” Baekhyun outcried. 
 
You looked at him, startled.
 
“I don’t need you to be up there! I need you to be here! By my side!” He snapped.
 
“B-baekhyun that, that’s impossible, you know.” You said carefully, not wanting to piss him off.
 
“Then make it possible!!” He said rather loudly. 
 
You flinched and just looked at him. 
 
He buried his face in his palms. You knew he was crying. 
 
“There,” you swallowed. “there you go again. I have been in this mission for eighteen days and nothing’s changed!” You said. “You are still the Baekhyun that I met on the first day. The Baekhyun who hates the world, the Baekhyun full of anger and hatred in his heart, the Baekhyun who knows nothing but to hate everyone around him and be sad, the coward Baekhyun, the Baekhyun I hate!” You spat.
 
“Maybe I’m really stupid, naive, whatever! Thank you so much for proving me that I really am one useless angel!” You wiped your eyes and buried your face in your knees.
 
Baekhyun placed his arms around your shoulders and pulled you close. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. 
 
He held your face. “You’re not stupid, you’re never stupid.” He wiped your tears away and looked at you in the eyes. “Listen,” He caressed your face. “If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you’ve made me smile, I swear Cheonsa, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand.” He leaned in and kissed your head. “I just don’t want you to leave.” Baekhyun whispered. “I’m sorry.”
 
DAY 19
 
You woke up and saw Baekhyun’s face that was super-near yours. “Good morning stick angel!” Your eyes widened and you tried to withdraw a little, but ended up hitting the edge of the bedside table with the back of your head. 
 
“Ow..” You squeezed your eyes shut and winced.
 
Baekhyun held the back of your head and pulled you closer. He clucked his tongue. “That’s the consequence of trying to get away from me.” He chuckled.
 
“Ow..”
 
He rubbed the sore part. “We have a date later, okay?”
 
“Date? What date?” You scowled.
 
“A date.” He answered.
 
You looked at him. “Yeah, thanks so much for answering my question.” You rolled your eyes.
 
Baekhyun snarled. “We’ll be going back to Seoul today.” He smiled.
 
“Really?!” 
 
He nodded and kissed the top of your head.
 
_________________________________________________________________________
 
 
You arrived home from the airport. Sooyoung and Chanyeol went back to Paris to continue their vacation.
 
Sungjong opened the door and Mirae ran inside. 
 
“Cheonsa, quick! Time’s ticking!” Baekhyun said as he exaggeratedly pushed you inside.
 
“What am I going to do?”
 
“Wait for me. I’ll just change my clothes.” He zoomed upstairs.
 
“Home sweet home!” Sungjong said as he sat down beside you on the couch. “What’s with your alien?” He looked at you.
 
“I don’t know either. He just told me to get ready for our date.”
 
“Date? What date?”
 
“A date?” You shrugged.
 
Suddenly, Baekhyun came running down the stairs. “Bye, Minah, bye Sungjong! Cheonsa, let’s go!” He dragged you out of the house.
 
Baekhyun wore a gray sweatshirt, jeans, and a black pair of vans.
 
He looked at his wristwatch to check the time. “1:05, gaja!”
 
The both of you walked to the bus stop. You sat down on the bus next to Baekhyun. 
 
“I’m really going to miss Sooyoung. How I wish I could see her again.” You said.
 
Baekhyun just looked outside the window. 
 
“Chanyeol, Bo Ah and Cheonsa, I’m gonna miss them, too.”
 
No response from Baekhyun. You looked at the view outside. It was still Christmas. “That beautiful view, I’m gonna miss that too, don’t you think so?” You shook him.
 
“Shut up, Cheonsa.” He said grimly, still looking outside.
 
You heaved a sigh. As much as possible, you were trying hard to be positive to be able to help Baekhyun. 
 
 
“Welcome to Lotte World!” Baekhyun said as the bus left.
 
In front of you was a huge theme park, but it’s not just an ordinary theme park. It was a huge indoor theme park. 
 
“Wow, Baekhyun this is beyond amazing!” You gasped. “May we please go inside now? Please?” You tugged on his sleeves.
 
The both of you first went to a ride that made you a little soaked. Then, you went to ride on the carousel. 
 
“That one was boring.” You frowned. “How about we try that one?” You pointed to the direction of the huge rollercoaster. “I think that one’s fun! What do you think?” You glanced at Baekhyun who just swallowed.
 
You knew immediately that he was afraid to go. You sighed. “Well, it’s actually okay if you don’t wanna go. I’ll just go by myself.” You grinned.
 
“No, you can’t.” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at you.
 
“Then-”
 
“Okay, fine I’ll go with you!” He snapped.
 
“Yay! Let’s go!” You dragged him towards the ride. 
 
After the long rollercoaster ride, you decided to sit down and rest for awhile. “May we please go again?” You asked.
 
Baekhyun gave you a look.
 
“Just kidding.” You giggled.
 
He looked at his wristwatch. 2:00 PM. *Why the heck is time so fast?* Baekhyun thought.
 
“Hey, quit looking at the time. It doesn’t stop every time your looking at it, you know? It will keep on ticking.” You said. “Come on! No resting allowed. We ought to have fun, right? Let’s go!!” You pulled him away.
 
Both of you went to The Adventures of Sindbad. It was a boat ride that allows passengers to travel along with Sindbad through an underground waterway. 
 
You sat on the front part of the boat and fastened your seatbelts. “Are you sure this ride won’t make us puke?” Baekhyun asked.
 
“I don’t think so. It looks nothing like the rollercoaster so I think, no.” 
 
“Let the adventure begin!” One of the crews shouted before pressing a red button. 
 
The boat lunged forward and you started to see different creatures, weird creatures sculpted all around the place. “Hey, that one looks exactly like you!” You said, pointing at a skeleton with cobwebs all around it. 
 
“Yeah. Haha. Funny.” Baekhyun said rolling his eyes.
 
The boat entered a dark cave and the passengers started to be quiet. But when the sculpture’s light went on they started shouting like crazy that the boat almost lurched. The sound effects were so loud that even the loudest screams cannot be heard.
 
The ride ended with a creepy cyclops chewing on a severed arm.
 
“That almost made me puke in a different kind of way.” You said walking away from the ride.
 
You headed to the outdoor amusement park and saw a ride called French Revolution. It almost looked like the rollercoaster ride you first went to, but more frightening. “Baekhyun?”
 
He looked at you. “What?” 
 
You pointed your lips towards the ride. “Please?”
 
He snarled. “Cheonsa, just what are you trying to do?”
 
“Are you gay?” You teased, lifting your brows. 
 
“Are you nuts? Of course I’m not!” He glanced at the ride. “I just don’t want to go there because it looks to dangerous and I’m worried about you. I don’t want you to get hurt.”
 
You laughed. “Yes, I know you are trying to be sweet and cheesy and all but please, stop with the lame excuses and let’s go!” You walked excitedly towards the ride. Baekhyun followed with a huff.
 
As expected, the French Revolution nearly made you puke, but Baekhyun, he was so red because of embarrassment. Why? Because he screeched like a girl the whole ride and it almost overpowered Mariah Carey’s whistle register. The ride ended with a picture taking. Baekhyun didn’t want to claim the picture at the exit, but you were the boss so you did. 
 
You almost died laughing when you saw his face on the picture. “Oh my gosh! You, you look like you were suffering from influenza! Hahaha! I’m so sorry, I just can’t help it. You and the girl sitting behind us have the same hilarious look on the face!” You said in between laughs. 
 
You handed him the picture and wiped your eyes. You expected him to look annoyed, but no. He was far from being annoyed. He was smiling while looking at you. 
  
“What?” You asked. 
  
“You just cured one hundred cancer patients and fed one hundred hungry children.” He said and walked forward.
  
“Huh?” You scowled, following him.
  
“Nothing.” He pursed his lips. “So, do I get to choose which ride we should go to next?”
  
You nodded. “Sure.”
  
World Monorail. “What kind of ride is this?” You asked.
  
“It takes passengers through Lotte World.” He explained sitting down beside you in the monorail. “Both inside and outside. It gives a scenic view as it goes by Adventure, then goes outside to the Magic Island that sits over Seok-Chon lake.”
  
“But this one’s too high.” You uttered as you look outside the glass window.
  
“You got to ride on the rollercoaster and the french revolution and you think this one’s too high?” 
  
“Yes. I was keeping my eyes closed the whole time that’s why I was not scared.”
  
“Well, you have to keep your eyes open in this ride. Promise, you’ll enjoy this.” Baekhyun smiled as he entwined his fingers with yours. 
  
The ride started and you carefully looked down and saw the indoor theme park. You saw the carousel, the rollercoaster, the adventures of sindbad and all the other rides.
  
“Wow, there sure are lots of people in here.” You said.

An update for everyone, at last! I am super sorry for the long wait guys! I will keep updating as much as I could. Please look forward to the near end of this story! 

 

Again, sorry for not updating for a long time. I was just sooo busy with school and other things. Love you guys! x

large.gif