Chapter 44 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 


 

Chapter Forty-Four 

 

"Wow~" You hurried towards a mini slide. "How come it's so small?" You whimpered.

 

"Because that playground is just for small children." Baekhyun laughed at you.

 

You pouted and looked for another. Your eyes landed on a cute swing under a sycamore tree. "Wee~! I bet this one's for the adults also!" You squealed.

 

Baekhyun looked surprised. "I can't believe it's still here.." He caressed the ropes. 

 

You stopped swinging and looked at him. "What do you mean?"

 

"I built this swing when I was four. I built this with the help of my dad. I was so naive that time but all I can remember is that, I promised him that one day I'll be able to see a real angel and bring her here to play with me." He smiled, by just visualizing it.

 

"I was just like Cheonsa back then. Both of us believed in angels but when my parents died, I put the blame on them. I got so mad because I thought the angels took my parents away from me. After that, I did not believe in angels anymore, and now here I am, with a real angel. I don't know if this is a dream come true or a nightmare." He looked at you and put his hand down.

 

"I understand Baekhyun, I know how you feel. But I just want you to know that your parents, they're with us already and they're safe." You gave him a warm smile.

 

Baekhyun gently pushed the swing. "Is that all you've got?" You teased and Baekhyun pushed the swing harder until you felt like you were flying. "Woohoo~! I'm flying!" You giggled.

______________________________________________________________________________

9:20 AM

The both of you went inside an accessory shop. Your eyes landed on a cute keychain. You took it and went towards the counter. *Good thing Minah gave me extra money.* You payed for it and pulled Baekhyun outside the store.

 

"Why did you buy that keychain?" He asked.

 

"Why? Am I not allow to buy cute things? I bought it because I find it cute and I will use it." You said and went towards an ice cream parlor. "Do you have any extra money?" You warily asked.

 

He placed his hands inside his pocket and pulled out some money. "Yes but it's just equivalent to one ice cream." He explained as he scan the price list.

 

You snatched the money from him and bought a vanilla ice cream. "Here." You handed it to him. Baekhyun was confused. "I didn't buy it for me, it's for you." You gently pushed it near him. He took it and looked at you. "Eat it now before it melts." You gave him an eyesmile and walked ahead.

 

You arrived at a park and sat on a bench. "Let's rest for a minute." You said.

 

Baekhyun sat beside you. He slowly pulled out something from his left pocket. You looked at him as he slowly took your left hand. He placed a beautiful bracelet around your arm. "What's this?" You asked as you lift your hands and caressed the bracelet.

 

"A bracelet. I bought it earlier while you where busy looking at the figurines in the other store."

 

"But, I thought the money we used to buy the ice cream--"

 

He cut you off. "Of course I still have some money left."

 

You clucked your tongue. "You lied! That's a sin Baekhyun!" You flicked his forehead. "Stick alien is bad~ Stick alien is bad~ Stick alien is bad~" You sang as you make cute hand gestures.

 

Baekhyun ruffled your hair. "What did you say? Huh?" He giggled.

 

"Heeeey~!! Not my hair!" You stood up and ruffled his. Both of you ruffled each others hair until yours got tangled. "Wait, okay, stop! It's so unfair!! How come my hair's tangled and messed up and everything while yours is still smooth?" You yelped.

 

Baekhyun snickered. "Because your hair is long and you don't brush it often that's why."

 

"Tch. I'm too lazy to brush it. Messy hair or not, I'm still pretty, right?" You placed your hands on your waist and posed like a model.

 

Baekhyun just whistled and walked away. "Ya~!!" You chase after him.

 

You were walking side by side when you saw a familiar face. "Baekhyun look! Isn't that Yuri?" You pointed towards a girl from across the street.

 

He looked to the side and his mood immediately changed. You noticed it and pulled him across the road. "Annyeong Yuri~!" You waved right infront of her face.

 

She looked at you. "Oh, hey! Hi Cheonsa! Hey, Baekhyun." She whispered the last word. Baekhyun gave a small nod and smiled. "Are you guys having a date?" Yuri asked.

 

"Well...yeah~" Baekhyun slowly entwined his fingers with yours. "How about you? Where's your date?"

 

You noticed that Yuri became annoyed. "Well, I'm actually waiting for him. He promised to fetch me here." She forced a smile.

 

You looked at Baekhyun and he was feeling uneasy. You squeezed his hand. "I'm so sorry Yuri but, we have to go now we still have tons of things to do. It's nice seeing you once again! Good luck on your date with Kris, hope you guys will enjoy. Bye~!" You sarcastically said and pulled Baekhyun away.

 

When Yuri was out of sight you slowly pulled your hand away. "Still not over her, hm?" You nudged Baekhyun to his side.

 

He continued walking. "I am. I just got annoyed." He replied plainly.

 

"You sure?" You stopped walking.

 

Baekhyun looked back at you "Yes." and pulled you by the hand. "Let's go home now before the snow starts falling again." 

 

The both of you rode a bus. You were sitting beside Baekhyun and the next thing you know, you were asleep. After a 30-minute ride you arrived on your destination. You were still sleeping peacefully so Baekhyun gave you a piggy-back ride. You were right infront of your house when you suddenly spoke "Baekhyun," He stopped in his tracks and waited for you to speak again.

 

You snarled. ".....nevermind" 

 

Baekhyun continued walking but deep inside he was so curious about what you were going to say. He lied you on your bed and went out of the room.

_______________________________________________________________________

You woke up and looked at the clock. *4:30* You quickly stood up and went out of the room. "I can't believe I slept that long!" You whisper to yourself. "I wasted so much time again." You were in the living room but it was very quiet. You headed to the kitchen and found no one in there. "Where are they?" You immediately went outside and there you saw Ilhoon and Sungjong playing in the snow.

 

"Cheonsa!!" Ilhoon called as soon as he saw you. 

 

You ran towards them. "What're you doing?" 

 

"We're trying to build a snowman but it kept on falling." Sungjong frowned. 

 

"A snowman?" You perked up. "Maybe you're doing it wrong! I'll help!" You started building the snowman's body.

 

"There~ See?" You gestured to your masterpiece. "Now all we need is the head and the face. Ilhoon-ah why don't you try?" You pulled Ilhoon up.

 

"I'll look for the nose, the eyes and the mouth!" Sungjong walked away and starting searching for the other things.

 

"Okay~!" Suddenly, you saw Baekhyun coming out of the house. "Hey Baekhyun! Come here!" You yelled.

 

*I thought she's avoiding Ilhoon, how come she's with him again?* Baekhyun thought. He slowly went towards Ilhoon and you.

 

"Look! We're building our own snowman! Haha~" You said proudly.

 

Ilhoon started throwing snowballs at your hair. "Ya!! I said not my hair!!" You started chasing him leaving Baekhyun alone. You fell down on the ground and your body was covered with snow. Ilhoon pulled you up and he was just inches away from your face. You glared at him and said "I'M NOT YET DONE WITH YOU!!" Ilhoon ran away and you chased after him.

 

Baekhyun made a snowball in his hands and threw it right on the snowman's head. *It's working...* Ilhoon thought when he saw Baekhyun going back inside the house.