Chapter 62 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Sixty-Two

 

Snowy hills and pine trees greeted you as you opened your eyes. Baekhyun was busy staring outside while Minah and Sungjong were sleeping soundly. "Are we there yet?" You asked.

 

"I think so," Baekhyun answered. He pointed his lips to the direction of a huge log cabin. "look."

 

You leaned in to see it clearly. "That's where we're gonna go?"

 

"Yeah," Chanyeol's deep voice interrupted.

 

The car came to a stop and Chanyeol immediately went out of the car to bring the bags inside. Sungjong whimpered as he stretched. Silly Baekhyun, who was standing outside opened his door and Sungjong fell flat into the snow. Baekhyun guffawed as he dragged you towards the house, "Sorry hyung!"

 

"Ya! Come back here you foolish guy! Ya!!" He dusted snow off his coat and tried to stand up from the wet ground. "Baekhyun-ah!!"

 

Warm air welcomed you as you enter the huge cabin. The walls were all chocolate-brown and there was an enormous fireplace between the two bulky couches. "Good morning!" A rather tall guy with brown tousled hair greeted you.

 

"Are they here yet?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Nae, Ms. Lee they arrived twenty minutes earlier and they're in their room at the moment." He answered politely.

 

"Oh, okay," She nodded slowly.

 

The guy grabbed your travel bags and gestured upstairs. "There are four rooms reserved you. One for Mr. Park and Ms. Lee, one for Mr. Wu and Ms. Kwon, and," He stopped and looked at Sooyoung.

 

"I don't know which pair would stay in the two rooms left." He giggled.

 

Minah placed her arm around Sungjong's shoulder. "I'll stay with my baby boy." She grinned and Sungjong let out a bearish expression. "Okay eomma, okay" He rolled his eyes.

 

"Yeah, and Baekhyun and Cheonsa will stay together." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Arasso~" The guy nodded and headed upstairs.

 

Baekhyun opened the door to your room. You gasped as you entered inside. "Wow~"

 

The room was filled with lots of different kinds of couches, a huge bed with huge class door which reveals a great balcony beside it, a fireplace and a LCD TV. You dove into the huge bed and wrapped the thick blankets around you. "The fluffiest bed I've ever seen!" You cackled and rolled on the bed like a two year old kid.

 

Baekhyun placed your bags on one couch and opened the glass door. Cold breeze entered the room. Baekhyun walked to the balcony. You shoved the blankets to the side and followed him. "Hey! It's your birthday today, why is your face like that?"

 

He placed his elbows ontop of the railings and planted his face in his palms. "Like what?" He looked at you.

 

You let out your forefingers and stretched the corner of your lips downwards and said, "Like this," Baekhyun snarled and removed his eyes from you. "C'mon, it's christmas and it's your birthday, let's have fun!" You pulled him by the hand and dragged him outside of the room.

 

"Where are they?" You asked as the both of you went downstairs.

 

"They're outside Ms. Cheonsa, I think they're having a snowman building contest." The guy with brown tousled hair said.

 

You gasped. "Woah, jinjja?!" You looked up at Baekhyun who kept his poker face on.

 

"Yeah. Mr. Park reserved this place just for you."

 

"Wow~" You said. "We better go and join that contest!" You said to Baekhyun.

 

"I think you should, I heard there's a price for the winner." The guy wiggled his brows.

 

"Awesome! Thank you, um," You raised your brow.

 

"Hoya, just call me Hoya." He smiled.

 

"Hoya, right. Thank you Hoya! Baekhyun let's go!" You dragged him again outside.

 

"Hey, we've been waiting for you guys!" Sooyoung said as you arrive outside. They were standing by pairs, snow piled in front of them. Yuri waved at you, then at Baekhyun.

 

You waved back with a smile. "Sorry! We were just amazed by the beautiful interior of our room." You stood up beside Yuri and Kris.

 

"Let's start?" Minah asked.

 

"The one who wins gets a prize." Chanyeol announced.

 

"What prize?" Yuri asked.

 

"It's a surprise." He answered.

 

"Ready, guys?" Sooyoung asked. "1...2...3...Go!"

 

Everyone started working on their snowman. You started to gather snow while Baekhyun started to build the snowman's body. You couldn't help but look at Yuri. You were bothered at how she glances at Baekhyun every once in awhile. You decided to change your position to cover Yuri's view of Baekhyun, and to your relief, she stopped and busied herself in making their snowman.

 

After twenty minutes of snowman building. Sungjong laid flat on the ground and closed his eyes. "I'm so tired already!" He whined.

 

Minah kicked his foot. "Ya! Stand up there and get something for the snowman's arms!" She yelled.

 

You giggled. "I'll just go look for stuff to put to our snowman, okay?"

 

"Hurry up! We need to win this contest!" Baekhyun said as he continued to build the upper part of the snowman's body.

 

You searched for stuff, and your eyes landed on a disjointed tree branch on the ground. You picked it up and tried to search for more, but found nothing. Instead you found a dead tree. The branches were low enough for you to cut it off. "Done with the snowman's hands." You compared it with the other one and found that it was too long. "How will I cut this off?" You sighed.

 

"Cheonsa~!!" You suddenly heard Baekhyun's voice.

 

"Coming!!" You yelled back.

 

"Did you get anything?" He asked, cramming.

 

"Yeah, these." You handed the branches to him. "But the other one's longer."

 

"That's okay. Now, try looking for something to put in its face."

 

You nodded and ran inside the house. "Hoya~ Hoya where are you?"

 

"Here!" A voice coming from the kitchen answered.

 

"Hoya, I need your help. We really need to win this contest."

 

"What can I do?"

 

"I need you to get me something to use for our snowman's face." You said.

 

"Ah, that's easy!" He smiled and started to search.

 

Hoya gave you a carrot for the nose, black buttons for the eyes, and a black yarn for the snowman's mouth. You also took Baekhyun's alien beanie, and your scarf to make it more creative. "Thanks again Hoya!" You headed outside and handed everything to Baekhyun. You were decorating the snowman's face when Yuri and Kris finished with theirs which made you annoyed.

 

And what annoyed you more is when Yuri offered to help in making your snowman. The way she looked at Baekhyun made your insides boil and you tried your best not to yell at her. "You know Yuri, your snowman is really cute! Baekhyun and I should make ours cute too, don't you think so?" You managed to keep your composure.

 

"Thanks~ And yes, of course! You should make your snowman cute too. Come on, let me help you--"

 

"Anio, it's okay." You cut her sentence short. "Baekhyun and I are partners so I think we're the only ones who should, you know, make our snowman beautiful. In fact, I can notice that you're already tired because building a snowman that cute is really tiring, right? I think you should just rest and wait for the others to finish their businesses." You smiled at her.

 

Yuri blinked as she nodded. "Fine, 'kay,"

 

"Thanks for the offer though!" You said.