Chapter 42 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Forty-Two

 

Baekhyun looked at you. A confused and at the same time admiring look. *Why is she doing this? I'm sure my life won't be what it's like before. What is wrong with you Cheonsa?* "You don't have to do that Cheonsa. You barely have a week left!"

 

"Tch. You know what? That's one thing I hate about you. You don't trust anybody anymore! Nothing is impossible Baekhyun, trust me. I'm your friend, right?" He just looked at you. "Byun Baekhyun I am asking you." You said in a low tone. He exhaled and finally, he nodded. You gave him a warm smile. "Here's your adventure notebook, keep it." You handed him back his notebook and left the room.

 

"Cheonsa it's so boring~" I hate it! It feels as if time is slowing down.." Sungjong hollered as you arrive downstairs.

 

"What do you want to do?"

 

He kept quiet for a moment then he raised a finger up. "Since you're the Angel of Happiness, would you like to watch a funny movie?"

 

You perked up. "Funny movie? Why of course!" You nodded cheerfully.

 

Sungjong smiled waggishly. Both of you went to the living room and you excitedly sat on the couch. Sungjong rummage through a small cabinet full of DVD's. "Hey what're you guys doing?" Ilhoon sat beside you on the couch.

 

"We're gonna watch a funny movie! I'm so excited~!!" You clasped your hands together.

 

"Found it!" Sungjong said as he pulled out a DVD of Shutter.

 

"Shutter?" Ilhoon looked at him confusedly. Sungjong winked. Ilhoon got the sign and nodded slowly. "Oh, yeah, Shutter."

 

You looked at him. "Is that funny? The cover of that DVD Sungjong's holding looks so dark and scary."

 

Ilhoon nodded. "Yes, it's very funny that you'll cry right after watching it."

 

Sungjong placed the DVD inside the DVD player then closed it.

 

Play.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

You finished the movie laughing. "Hahaha~" You gasped for air. "Thank you for making me watch that super funny movie! Haha!" You said between giggles. "That girl, she kept on crawling and appearing everywhere! And she's so cool when she walked upside down without even falling!" You said. Sungjong and Ilhoon's mouth were wide open. They were just staring at you. "What?" You raised your brows.

 

Ilhoon closed his mouth and swallowed. "N-nothing."

 

You pursed your lips and shrugged. "Okay~"

______________________________________________________________________________________

You were inside your room, curled up under the blankets when Ilhoon came in. "Hey~" You saw him and quickly sat up.

 

He sat on your bed. "What're you doing?"

 

You bowed your head. "Thinking of things that can help Baekhyun."

 

He went silent then he lifted your chin. "What happened with that?" He pressed the bump on your forehead.

 

"Ow~" You winced in pain. "Careful~"

 

"Sorry."

 

"I bumped my head on the door."

 

Ilhoon abruptly leaned in and blew air on the sore part. You stopped breathing. *No, no this can't happening...* You thought. Ilhoon backed away. "Why did you do that?" You swallowed hard.

 

"I don't want you to hurt or anything. I'm here to guide you so I need to make sure you're always okay."

 

You blinked in response. *Aish this guy! Why is he being like this to me?* You avoided his eyes.

 

"He's here." Ilhoon said out of the blue.

 

You looked at him. "Huh? Who's here?"

 

He just looked at the door and then Baekhyun appeared. "Oh, hey. Looks like you already know I was coming." He scratched his head. "Anyways, we're gonna eat outside for dinner." Then he left.

 

Your attention went back to Ilhoon. "How did you know he was there?" You were bewildered.

 

"I'll go to my room now and change. Don't worry, your bruise will heal in a while." He smiled and left.

 

Ilhoon left leaving you disconcerted. You went infront of the mirror and touched your forehead. "It doesn't hurt anymore..." You shook your head exaggeratedly. "Don't even think about it Angel Cheonsa!!" You scold yourself and headed downstairs.

 

"Uh, I don't think we can go." Minah said when she opened the door.

 

You take a look outside and covered your mouth in shock. The front part of the house was covered with snow and the car was not that visible anymore. "What happened?" You asked.

 

"Maybe the snow was falling too hard." Sungjong said. You frowned.

 

"Guess we'll just have to put up with my cooking." Minah shrugged.

 

"It's okay! You're cooking is so much better than those in the restaurants, even if I have no idea how it tastes like." You try to lighten up the mood.

 

"Yeah and I'll help you make the food more delicious." Sungjong beamed.

 

"Uh, yeah Sungjong we'll put up with that." Baekhyun faked a smile then walked away.

 

"Ya! I'm still your hyung~!!" Sungjong cried.

 

You, Minah and Ilhoon laughed. Sungjong and his mom headed to the kitchen. You went upstairs to get Sungjong's cellphone when you overheard Baekhyun talking with someone in his room. You became curious and poked your head inside. Baekhyun was on the phone with someone. "Yeah, yeah I'll tell her...okay take care bye!" He hung up.

 

"Whom were you talking to?" You asked as you enter the room.

 

"Sooyoung." He placed the phone on top of his bed.

 

"Ah, really?" You perked up.

 

He nodded then abruptly gave you a confused look. "What happened to your forehead?" He scowled at you.

 

You gently touch it. "Oh! Is it gone already?" You went infront of the mirror. "Oh yeah, it is." You smiled a little. He just stared at you. "Can I tell you something?" You sat on the other bed. He was about to open his mouth when you decided to cut him off "But don't tell me that I already told you something just like what you did before!" You said.

 

He nodded. "Okay, what is it?"

 

You heaved a deep sigh. "Awhile ago Ilhoon went inside my room and saw the thing on my forehead."

 

"Then?"

 

"Then out of the blue he leaned in and blew something on it, then he said that it'll heal in a while. Then he just left." You explained.

 

Baekhyun raised his brows as if waiting for you to say something more. "So?"

 

You face palmed. "You don't get it Baekhyun. There's...there's something~" You looked down.

 

"What do you mean? What's with Ilhoon and you?" He scowled.

 

"No! No! There's nothing special between us it's just that, I have feelings for him before." You exhaled.

 

"Feelings?"

 

You looked at Baekhyun. "I have a "crush" on Ilhoon, but that was just before~"

 

"And you think it's coming back again? That feeling?" He asked and you nodded. "And I don't want that to happen because he's my supposed to be my enemy! I'm supposed to hate him, not like him." You scrunched your nose. "I wonder why he's acting so strange.."

 

Baekhyun snarled. "I didn't know Angels fall in love too."

 

You looked at him. "I'm not in love! I promise!" You raised your right hand.

 

"...Okay, what can I do?" He asked.

 

"Could you.." You bit your nails. "Could you, like, draw me away from him as much as possible?" You looked at him with pleading eyes.

 

Baekhyun was hesitant for a moment. "Well, o-okay. I think I can help you with that." He smiled a little and it made your heart flutter.

 

Baekhyun the television and the both of you watched. Next thing you know, you were asleep. You fell asleep on Ilhoon's bed. Baekhyun turned the television off and stood up from his bed. He was about to carry you up when Ilhoon suddenly entered the room. "She fell asleep watching the television." Baekhyun said.

 

Ilhoon went towards you and carried you up, bridal style. "I'll do it." He said in a low voice.

 

Baekhyun nodded slowly. "...Okay"

 

Ilhoon headed outside and brought you to your room.