Chapter 57 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Fifty-Seven

 

"Haaaa~ I'm so full!" You rubbed your tummy as you sit on the couch beside Sooyoung. "Thank you for the food!"

 

"Sure, no problem." She smiled. "Where's Baekhyun?"

 

"He went upstairs right after drinking his medicine."

 

"Poor kid.." Sooyoung shook her head. You looked at her. "I hope he gets well tomorrow. It's hard if he spends his birthday resting inside his room."

 

You gasped. "B-birthday?"

 

She nodded. "Yup, it's your boyfriend's birthday on the twenty fifth right?" She replied matter of factly.

 

You blinked. "Chri-christmas day?" Sooyoung nodded. You bit your lip and looked to the side. *Oh no~*

 

Sooyoung placed her hand ontop of yours. "Cheonsa, are you okay?"

 

You nodded, still shocked. "I-I just had a er, slight amnesia." You giggled. "Yeah, that's right! A-amnesia." You stood up, "Excuse me." and headed outside the house.

 

You paced back and forth, akimbo. "How come I only found out about that just now? Ugh."

 

The gate suddenly opened and Sungjong came in with Mirae. "Hey! What're you doing out here?" He asked.

 

You stopped walking. "Is it really Baekhyun's birthday on the twenty fifth?"

 

Sungjong nodded as if he also knew it just now. "Oh, yes! I almost forgot about that. How'd you know?"

 

"Sooyoung told me."

 

He nodded with his mouth open. "Is that why you seem so heavy-headed right now?" He raised his brows.

 

Your shoulders dropped. "Well, yeah..It's christmas and it's Baekhyun's birthday and when it's someones birthday you should give that person a gift right?" You paused to inhale some air, then continued. "I have nothing to give him Sungjong! I need your help! What should I do?" You bit your nails.

 

"Wait here.." He brought Mirae inside the house and then went back afterwards.

 

"What kind of gift would you like to give Baekhyun anyway?" He asked as the both of you staircase in front of the door.

 

"I don't know, I have no idea." You looked down.

 

"How about, a surprise?"

 

"A surprise?" You repeated.

 

"Hm. Baekhyun isn't the type of guy who likes to receive material things, so a gift is not a good idea." He explained.

 

"So, if he doesn't like gifts then, what does he like?"

 

Sungjong thought about it for a moment. "Um, maybe you should think of things that will make him happy, but I think you wouldn't have a hard time doing that. Your presence alone makes my cousin happy." He smiled. Your cheeks reddened. "So yeah, I think I have to leave you with that. Good luck Cheonsa!" He tapped your back and headed inside the house.

 

"Things that will make him happy? Hmm," Suddenly you remembered the time when you were sitting on the garden swing, singing and you caught Baekhyun hiding behind the plants while listening to you. "Sprinkler moments." You giggled at the thought.

 

You covered your mouth in a gape. "A ha!" *Singing isn't a material thing, but the look on his face when he heard me singing was unexplainable! Bet he fell in love with me that time.* A smirk formed on your lips. "But what should I sing? I only know two songs. I can't keep singing the same song over and over again!" You looked up. *Maybe I should ask the expert when it comes to these things...Sooyoung.*

 

You smiled as you enter the house.

_______________________________________________________________________

"So, what was it you wanted to tell me?" Sooyoung asked as she opened the lotion.

 

"Um," You sat beside her. "Can I ask you a favor?"

 

"Sure, what is it?"

 

"About Baekhyun's birthday er, I want to sing for him. Do you know any song that I can sing?"

 

"You'll sing for him?" She repeated.

 

"Yeah, Sungjong told me that he doesn't like receiving material things so I just decided to sing for him as a gift for his birthday."

 

"Oh~" She nodded. "That's true. How about um," She tapped her chin. "Winter Child? Do you know that song?"

 

"Winter Child? I don't know that song, but I'm good at memorizing songs! I can memorize it in just a day!" You perked up.

 

"Okay good! You should start memorizing tomorrow if you really want to do it. I'm sure Baekhyun will be happy if you sing that to him." She assured you.

 

Baekhyun's sister, Minkyung, used to sing that song to him before whenever it's his birthday. He always enjoyed listening to his sister's voice and for him, that is the greatest gift he could ever receive!

 

"Alright! Thank you Sooyoung unnie!" You hugged her. "Good night!"

 

You entered your room. Baekhyun was lying on the long couch beside your bed. You touched his forehead and you felt that he was still sick. "Good night stick alien." You whispered as you lied down beside Minah and drifted to sleep.

 

DAY 17

 

12:00 PM

It was midnight already and teeth chattering woke you up. You rubbed your eyes. "Baekhyun.." You looked at him who was shivering hard. You thought of getting up and turning the aircon off, but you have no idea on how to do it.

 

You scratched your head. You pulled your blanket off and wrapped it around Baekhyun but nothing happened. He continued shivering from the cold. "Eotteoke?"

 

You shut your eyes and forced your mind to think of something. Wake Minah up, Wake Baekhyun up and ask him to transfer in your bed, Wake Sungjong up and ask him what you should do. *Nothing seems like a good idea!* You cupped your face and looked at him again.

 

Suddenly, you noticed that there was still some space left. You took your pillow and slowly lied down beside Baekhyun. You wrapped your arms around him and leaned closer until your forehead hit his chest. Listening to his heartbeat and inhaling his scent made you smile sweetly.

 

"Three days, stick alien. Three days." You whispered under your breath.