Chapter 34 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 


 

Chapter Thirty-Four 

 

You closed your eyes and after a few minutes, you fainted.

 

❅ Baekhyun's POV ❅

 

I felt Cheonsa's body grew heavy. I shook her gently. "Cheonsa?" I whispered and when she didn't respond I knew she already fainted. I clucked my tongue. 

 

"Hey hyung, chill we're here already." Sehun parked the car infront of our gate. I lied Cheonsa on my lap and carried her out of the car, bridal style. I used my foot to close the car door. I was about to go inside when Sehun called my name. I looked at him. 

 

"Are you sure you're okay already?"

 

I gave a small nod. "Yes, thank you. Tell Sooyoung that nothing's wrong."

 

"Sure bro! Bye!" He saluted and drove off.

 

I headed inside then up to my room. I lied Cheonsa on her bed and quickly took her necklace. She was all sweaty so I opened the airconditioner. I sat on the bed and placed the necklace around her neck. I went downstairs to get a glass of water and went back to the room. I regretted shouting at her awhile ago. Maybe I was just too worried because I'm afraid that she might faint or that her wings might appear and Sehun will see it and-- Wait, why am I being like this all of a sudden?

 

I shook the thought off and went inside the washroom to change. I was busy changing when I heard a small noise coming from the outside. I wore my shirt and went outside of the washroom. My heart dropped down to my stomach. The small noise came from a very unbelievable thing. Cheonsa's wings. It was pure white and the only thing I wanted to do now is to touch it and believe me, I did. I crept towards her and slowly touched it. Electricity ran down through my spine.

 

It felt like I was floating. It was very smooth. It has this invisible magnet that's making me want to touch it more. I instantly backed away when I saw her slowly opening her eyes. It took her seconds before she realized where she was. She slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes.

 

❅ End of POV ❅

 

"Sorry, I'm such a fail." You said with all the energy left in you. 

 

"No, please, don't say that. I'm the one who should say that." He swallowed. "Sorry for shouting at you awhile ago."

 

"No you didn't. You just whispered it." 

 

Baekhyun stopped himself from scolding you again. "Look, I have to go to the grocery to buy our food for dinner later. Promise me that you'll stay here and wait for me okay?" 

 

You nodded slowly then shook your head. Baekhyun gave you a look. "May I please go with you?" You stood up on the bed.

 

Baekhyun kept his serious face on. You looked down. "Okay, sorry. I'll just wait until you're back."

 

"Are you gonna go to the grocery with that?"

 

You scowled. "With what?"

 

He nodded towards your wings.

 

"Oh these?" You flapped your wings until it was gone. You grinned. Baekhyun headed for the door and slowly you followed him.

___________________________________________________________________________________

You stopped infront of a grocery store. "Wait." Baekhyun said. You looked at him. "Promise you won't do anything stupid inside?" He said sharply.

 

You felt hurt. *Maybe he hasn't changed at all.* "Okay~" You looked down and sighed.

 

He paused for a while "Sorry." then abruptly, he grabbed your hand. "Let's go!" His abrupt action made your stomach churn and you forgot about everything. Baekhyun let go of your hand and took a small basket. "Hold this." He said. He walked towards a pile of canned goods and you joyfully followed behind him.

 

Minutes passed and Baekhyun completed his grocery checklist. You were walking towards the counter when he suddenly stopped. "Is there anything you want to buy?" He asked.

 

You tapped your lips, thinking. "Hmm..."

 

"Ice cream?" Baekhyun guessed.

 

"Um, Yep! Good guess!"

 

"Stay here and wait for me okay?"

 

You nodded. "Okay." He walked away until he was out of sight. You stood there looking around. You were busy analyzing people's faces when you saw a little girl standing near the beverage section, crying. You grew worried and went towards her. You knelt down so you were on the same level as her. "Hey~ Why are you crying?" You held her hand.

 

"M-my mommy!!! Where is my mommy?"

 

"Are you lost?"

 

The kid nodded slowly. You stood up, took her hand and said "Come, let's go find her." You said.

 

She hesitated. "No! My mommy said I shouldn't go with strangers!"

 

"Huh? N-no, you're wrong. I'm not a stranger. I'll help you find your mommy. Come~" You said calmly.

 

"No!"

 

Your shoulders dropped. *What am I going to do now?* You started to panic. The kid was still crying and she won't come with you. *Where is Baekhyun?* You looked around and met eyes with Baekhyun.

 

He was standing near the counter where he left you earlier. He walked towards the two of you. "Why did you--" He stopped when he saw the little girl. He bowed down to her level. "Hey there~ What's your name?"

 

The girl wiped her eyes and looked at Baekhyun. "Cheonsa." She grimaced.

 

You gaped.

 

"Cheonsa, I see. What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He kept his voice calm. The way he looked at the little girl made your heart melt.

 

"My mommy~ I don't know where she is. I got lost." She sniffed.

 

Baekhyun nodded slowly. "Come here~" He slowly carried the little girl and the girl didn't say anything. "Can you hold this for awhile?" He turned to you.

 

You took the basket and trailed behind the two. "Wow, so he isn't a stranger?" You whisper to yourself.

 

The three of you went to the counter and paid for everything you bought. Then you headed to a small booth near the exit. A girl who was wearing a heavy makeup greeted you. "Good Morning! How can I help you?" She flashed a smile.

 

"She's looking for her Mom. I think she got lost." Baekhyun said.

 

"Oh~" She turned to Cheonsa. "Hey there pretty girl, what's your name?" She asked in a very gentle way.

 

Cheonsa wiped her tears with the back of her palm. "Lee Cheonsa." She answered.

 

"Okay." The girl stood up and went towards a small mic. She tapped it twice before saying. "Calling the attention of the parent or guardian of a little girl wearing a floral green dress, white boots, and a green glittery headband please resort to the customer service near the exit. Thank you."