Chapter 48 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Forty-Eight

 

"Ah, really?" You asked her skeptically. She nodded. Suddenly, Baekhyun entered the room. "Hey Baekhyun look!" You show him the drawing. "Even Cheonsa thinks you don't know how to smile." Baekhyun sat beside you. He smiled as he look at the drawing.

 

"See? I told you he smiles whenever you're near~" Cheonsa whispered to you.

 

You giggled. "Baekhyun knows how to smile, and when he does you'll automatically smile too!"

 

"There are only six days left 'til Christmas and we will start buying presents tomorrow, but I don't know what present to give you two."

 

"A gift will be fine." You smiled.

 

Baekhyun burst out into laughter as he massage his nose bridge. You looked at him confusedly. "You can give us anything Cheonsa." He said.

 

"Yeah, anything! Just make sure it's a gift!" You beamed.

 

"Uh, okay.." She answered, puzzled.

_________________________________________________________________________

"Cheonsa may you hand me over those christmas balls, the one ontop of the table." Minah said as she climbed on a small ladder.

 

"Here." You handed it to her.

 

"Cheonsa!" Baekhyun called. You looked at him. He was sitting on the stairs.

 

You stood up straight infront of him. He did the same and your face was inches away from him. You remained in that position. "Can I ask a favor from you?"

 

"Sure, what is it?"

 

"Uh," he cleared his throat. "can you pretend like a real human being for the remaining eight days?" You just looked at him turbidly. "I mean, can you stop doing your mission first?" He tried.

 

"Huh?! But why?" Your eyes rounded in surprise.

 

He held your shoulders. You looked at it then you looked at him. "Please don't ask why anymore." He smiled warmly at you.

 

Minah suddenly cleared . "Um, Cheonsa can you please go to our room for a minute? I'll just call you when it's already time to put the star." You headed to your room, still perplexed. Baekhyun went towards Minah and helped in putting the christmas balls. "Have you gone crazy? Why did you ask Cheonsa to stop doing her mission?" Baekhyun just continued putting christmas balls in every part of the christmas tree.

 

"Should I go and say congratulations to Cheonsa?" She asked.

 

He looked at her. "Why?"

 

"Because I think she already succeeded in her mission. I mean, look at you, you're all changed!" She motioned towards him.

 

Baekhyun shrugged and headed to your room. He opened the door and found you lying on your bed, face first. "Cheonsa dress up, we'll go out." Baekhyun said went out of the room right after saying that.

________________________________________________________________________

You pulled your hair in a bun and you placed a thick scarf around your neck. You went out of your room and went downstairs. Baekhyun was sitting on the couch, waiting for you. "Where will we go?" You asked.

 

Baekhyun stood up. "Minah, promise we'll be back before dinner." He said and he pulled you by the hand.

 

The both of you rode the bus. The bus was full and there was only one seat left. Baekhyun held onto the railings and nodded to the seat left. You sat down beside an old man who was sleeping soundly. "How about you?" You looked up at him.

 

He smiled. "I'm okay. Don't worry about me."

 

It took a 45-minute ride before you arrived to your destination. You were sleeping peacefully when the bus stopped. "Cheonsa wake up~" Baekhyun shook you gently. You instantly woke up. "We're here."

 

You stood up and he held your hand. "Let's go!"

 

You went out of the bus. You still felt sleepy so you held tight onto Baekhyun's hands. "Are you okay?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, I'm just sleepy."

 

Baekhyun squeezed your hand. "Look around~"

 

You did as he said and your drowsiness faded. Beautiful christmas decorations hung around the lamp posts, children chasing each other around, couples holding hands in the snow. "Where are we?" You asked.

 

"One of my favorite places here in Jeonju. It's like, Seoul but it's in Jeonju." He explained.

 

You nodded and continued to admire the view. He pulled you inside a small café. The aroma of coffee and pastries lingered in the air. "Mmm, the smell makes me hungry~" You rubbed your tummy and sat on a small couch near the glass window.

 

"Wait here." Baekhyun said and he went towards the counter.

 

You looked outside but the glass was moist so you decided to just draw on it. Slowly, you traced an angel and a boy. There was a space left in the middle and you traced a huge heart on it. You smiled as you admire your work when you saw Baekhyun walking towards you with a tray you immediately erased your drawing.

 

"What're you doing?" He asked as he placed the tray on top of the table.

 

"Nothing. I just wanted to see the view outside." You smelled the food. "Mmm~! Can we start eating now?" You asked him.

 

He sat down on the couch across you and placed a slice of chocolate cake infront of you. You took the fork and sliced your cake. You chewed it slowly, savoring the taste. "Baekhyun this is so yummy!" You said joyfully.

 

"Finish it." He giggled.

 

You looked around the café as you continue to eat your cake. Couples having their date filled the place. You smiled as you stared at them. "According to greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves." You said to Baekhyun.

 

"Wow, how'd you know that?" He asked, amazed.

 

You smirked. "I may be one of the laziest angels in heaven, but I can assure you that I'm also one of the smartest!" You winked.

 

"Ah, jinjja?! Wow~" He sarcastically said.

 

You rolled your eyes. "Tch. You can't accept the truth that I'm much more smarter than you." You stuck your tongue out. "And the truth hurts." You jokingly said.

 

Baekhyun looked at you sincerely. "Yes, it does."

 

You leaned in and flicked his forehead. "You still haven't told me about why you asked me to stop doing my mission.." You crossed your arms above your chest.

 

"I'll tell you when the time comes."

 

"What time?"

 

"The right time." Baekhyun finished eating his cake and you also finished yours.

 

You were still confused about why he was doing all these but instead of asking him about it, you decided to just enjoy the moment with him and wait for 'the right time' to come. The both of you went outside the café.