Chapter 55 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Fifty-Five

 

You were sitting beside Baekhyun while staring at the space when suddenly, your stomach growled. "I'm so hungry~" You rubbed your stomach. You slowly stood up from the bed, not wanting to wake him up. "I'll eat first okay?" You whispered silently. You headed for the door and twisted the doorknob.

 

Baekhyun started shivering. You looked back at him. He reached for his blanket and lifted it up to his neck. You shut your eyes close. *Should I eat first or should I stay here?* You sighed as you close the door. "Food can wait." You sat down in his bed with your shoulders dropped. Baekhyun pulled you abruptly by the arm that made you fall on the bed.

 

He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you close. Baekhyun's body heat started to linger all over you. You buried your face in his chest and closed your eyes to put up with your growling stomach. Baekhyun opened his eyes and looked at you. A smile slowly formed in his lips. "Stay." He said weakly.

 

"But--"

 

"Five more minutes.." He took your left hand and entwined it with his.

 

You closed your eyes and inhaled his scent. "I hope you're always sick." You whispered.

 

"What?" He asked.

 

"Nothing." You smiled as you squeeze his hand. *Why are you making things very very hard for me? Huh? Why Baekhyun? Why~?* You thought.

___________________________________________________________________________

It was dinner already and you were seated across Baekhyun. His food was not the same as yours. Minah decided to cook Chicken noodle soup for him since he's not in the mood to eat something heavy at the moment. "When you finish eating your food don't forget to drink your medicine okay?" Minah asked.

 

He nodded in reply. You stood up from your seat and headed outside to breathe some fresh air. The holiday vibes are sentient. Your eyes sparkled while looking at the beautiful christmas decorations outside Bo Ah's house. You can hear kids singing their christmas carols while playing their instruments. You smiled. "Earth is so beautiful.." You exhaled.

 

"What're you doing out here?" Baekhyun stood beside you.

 

"Just admiring the perfect view. How about you?" You looked at him. "Aren't you supposed to be resting in your room?"

 

"Why? Am I not allowed to admire the perfect view too?"

 

You looked around. "I'm not saying that you're not allowed to look at it and admire it. But you'll be able to see it's perfection everyday so you don't have to get mad at me if I allow you or not." You said.

 

"Stop reminding me about your remaining days."

 

You shrugged casually. "Okay~" You started walking away. "Let's go back inside now. You need to rest." Baekhyun followed you inside.

___________________________________________________________________________

"Cheonsa aren't you going to sleep yet?" Minah asked as she buried herself in her thick blanket.

 

You bit your nail and stood up. "I'll just check on Baekhyun before I go to sleep." You hurried outside. You stopped on your tracks. You opened the door once again and poked your head inside. "Please don't turn off the lights first!" You said, then you went to Baekhyun's room.

 

"Stick alien, how are you feeling?" You asked.

 

"Stick angel, I'm okay. I just need some rest." He answered.

 

You rolled your eyes. "'Kay~ I just decided to check on you before I go to sleep. And according to you, you're okay, so I think it's time for me to sleep now." You said. "Good night stick alien! Sweet dreams!" You winked at him and left the room.

 

Baekhyun smiled and drifted to sleep. *Good night stick angel. I love you.* He thought.

___________________________________________________________________________

DAY 16

"Sit!" You yelled. "Play dead!" Mirae did as what she was told. You chuckled. Baekhyun was going down the stairs. "Hey Baekhyun look! Mirae and I are playmates already!" You grinned.

 

Mirae suddenly ran towards you and you start yo run away. The dog chased after you. "Ya~!! Stop it! I promise to not ask you to sit or play dead ever again!!" You cried.

 

Baekhyun smirked then headed to the kitchen. Minah and Sungjong were busy preparing pancakes for breakfast. Minah went towards Baekhyun and touched his forehead with the back of her hand. "You're still sick. Are you sure you're drinking your medicine?" Baekhyun nodded.

 

"Where's your nurse? Is she taking good care of you?" Sungjong asked with a playful smile plastered on his face.

 

You shrieked loudly while running around the house. "Seems like she has a new friend already~" Sungjong teased. "Don't be so jealous my little cousin." He gently patted his shoulders. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

_________________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun was in his room, curled up under his blankets while watching the television when you barged in, running while playing with Sungjong's cellphone. You were busy playing Temple Run. "What're you doing?" Baekhyun asked, startled.

 

"I'm playing temple run." You said.

 

"Why are you running around?" He asked confusedly.

 

"Sungjong told me that everytime I'm gonna play this game, I should also run around to make my character stronger so that the demon monkeys won't be able to eat  me." You ran around the huge room.

 

*Your dumbness used to annoy me, but now I find it very cute.* Baekhyun snickered. "Cheonsa!" He called. You raised your eyebrows, still focused on the game. "Come here."

 

"Wait a minute I'll just wait for it to-- oh shoot, game over!" You pouted as you head towards him. "What?"

 

Baekhyun took the phone from you and started to look for something. An idea popped in his mind. "Try playing this." He smirked playfully as he clicked an application which has a scary picture in it that will pop out at the end of the game.

 

You took it from him. "Ah, this"  You raised your brows. "You think you can fool me?" He gave you a confused look. "I know this game already. Sungjong made me try it awhile ago. There's this scary picture of a girl that pops out at the end of the game." You rolled your eyes and pressed the 'exit' button.

 

Baekhyun looked at the side, his cheeks red.

 

"Ah! I know! Why don't we just play temple run? And the one who gets more points will be the winner!" You grinned.

 

Baekhyun shrugged. "Deal."

 

You were the first one to play. Baekhyun watched as you run around in circles. Finally, your game came to and end with a score of 300,198. You sat beside Baekhyun. "See that? Huh? That's what you call a high score!" You bragged.

 

Baekhyun snarled and took the phone from you. "Okay, if you say so. It's my turn now. Watch and learn." He clicked the 'run again' button.

 

You watched him play. "Ha! You're not gonna win cause you're sick and you won't be able to run around!"

 

"There's no need for me to run around. I've got special powers, you know."

 

Slide here, slide there. Run here, run there. You were feeling dizzy as you continue to watch the character run two times faster than your character awhile ago. You tried to distract him by covering the screen.

 

"Ya! That's called cheating you know!" He immediately removed your hand.

 

A few minutes passed and the game ended with a score of 5,652,440. Baekhyun handed you the phone. "Now that's what you call a real high score!" He wiggled his brows.

 

Your jaw dropped. "But..how? This is impossible!!" You looked at his score once again. "You beated Sungjong's five hundred thousand plus high score?"

 

Baekhyun smirked. "That's nothing. That's not even called a high score."

 

You stood up from his bed. "Okay, whatever! You're just lucky today!" You spat.

 

"Aren't I supposed to get a prize for winning?"

 

You stuck your tongue out. "Sorry, no prize for you!!" You went out of the room.