Chapter 41 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Forty-One

 

You laughed at him. "Do you wanna have fun or not?" You teased as you make another snowball in your hands.

 

He dusted snow off his pants and stood up but before he could say anything you threw the snowball at his chest. He closed his eyes in annoyance. "Cheonsa if you don't stop doing that you'll really get it!" He warned between gritted teeth.

 

You pouted "Do what?" and made another snowball. "This?" You threw it right to his face. You saw his expression and you quickly ran away. 

 

"Ya! Cheonsa! Come here!!" He growled and chased after you.

 

You stopped running when something caught your attention. "A snowman~!!!" You gasped.

 

"Ya!" Baekhyun shouted as he ran towards you.

 

"Baekhyun look! A snowman!" You smiled. "Can we go over there?" You asked.

 

"Yeah." He answered plainly.

 

You pulled him by the hand. "Let's go~!!" Both of you went towards the snowman. "Wow~ It's so cool!" Your eyes rounded in joy. Suddenly you heard someone shouting. "Eomma they were really the ones at the grocery!" A little girl shouted. You looked at her as she and her mother approached the two of you. "That's Cheonsa!!" You said to Baekhyun.

 

They arrived infront of you. "Annyeong~!!" The little girl said. "Eomma, they were the ones who helped me find you. This is Baekhyun and..." She paused. "I only know Baekhyun." She pouted.

 

*Up until now she still thinks I'm a stranger.* You knelt down so you were on the same level as her. "My name's Cheonsa." You smiled at her.

 

"Oh! Yeah! She's the one with the same name as me." She cackled.

 

"Oh, so you're really telling the truth." Her mom laughed. "Nice to meet you Baekhyun and Cheonsa." She smiled. "Thank you for helping my daughter. By the way, my name's Bo Ah."

 

"You're welcome Bo Ah!" You gave her an eyesmile.

 

"Um, why don't you come to our house and we'll eat breakfast all together."

 

You looked at Baekhyun. "Please~" The little girl squeezed Baekhyun's hand.

 

"Okay, we'll go~" Baekhyun answered. He looked at you. "Let's go!" They walked ahead and you happily followed. *This is just the start of my mission! I can do this!*

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"So, basically your house is just across ours." Baekhyun bit his nail.

 

Bo Ah nodded. "Uh-huh."

 

You giggled quietly and when Baekhyun glanced at you, you automatically stopped and did a peace sign. Bo Ah opened the gate. "Come in!" She offered. You entered the house. "Feel at home." Bo Ah said as she headed to their kitchen.

 

Their house was medium sized. It was a lot smaller than your house. And it is full of Angel figurines. "I love to collect Angel figurines because they're so cute and I really wanna see an Angel in real life but Eomma said they're not visible but they're always guarding me from monsters and bad people so that they won't be able to eat me alive. And I am my Eomma's Angel that's why she named me Cheonsa. Cheonsa means Angel." She played with her hair.

 

"That's right Cheonsa. I'm sure your Angel is smiling right now 'cause her little child is so adorable." You smiled as you looked at her. You took one of the figurines. "Are these all yours?"

 

She nodded gaily. "Yeah~ Every month my mom buys a new one for me."

 

"Breakfast is ready!!" Bo Ah called.

 

The three of you went to the kitchen and sat down. "Time to bless the food!" Little Cheonsa stated. "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen. Bless us o Lord and this thy gift, which we are about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen." She smiled and did the sign of the cross.

 

They started putting food on their plates except for you. "Which do you like to eat?" Baekhyun looked at you.

 

"No, I'm okay. I'll just watch you guys eat." You smiled.

 

"Are you sure? Come on! Here, have some eggs." Bo Ah offered.

 

"No, no really, I'm okay~" You gave them an assuring smile.

 

Baekhyun was finished with his food when suddenly, "You know, you're such a cute couple." Bo Ah said.

 

Baekhyun almost spitted out the water in his mouth. "Oh! Oh n-no~! Bo Ah um, we're not er, a couple." You immediately explained.

 

"Oh sorry!" She covered in a gape. "I thought you guys were." "So, what, I mean, what's your relationship to each other?"

 

"We're just friends." Baekhyun answered.

 

"But you two makes a good couple!" Little Cheonsa said and her mom quickly covered . "Cheonsa don't say that!"

 

"No, it's okay~!" You said. "Please don't scold her."

 

Cheonsa stood up from her seat and went towards you. You were surprised when she dragged you outside of the house. "Cheonsa eonni, please tell me you're lying. You're really oppa's girlfriend right?"

 

"Uh, n-no, no Cheonsa we're really just friends. I'm not his girlfriend." You explained.

 

She grimaced. "But why~?"

 

Baekhyun suddenly came out. "Um, I don't know Cheonsa, sorry~" You whispered.

 

"Cheonsa we need to go now. Maybe Minah's looking for us already." Baekhyun said.

 

"Oh~" You held Cheonsa's hands. "Cheonsa we need to go back now. Don't worry our house is just there right infront of yours. You can always visit if you want." You smiled at her.

 

She hugged you. "Okay Baekhyun's girlfriend~" She giggled playfully. "Annyeong~!!" She waved.

 

You waved back and left. "Annyeong~"

______________________________________________________________________________

7:30 AM

Baekhyun was inside his room listening to the music from his Ipod. And you decided to barge in. You closed the door behind you and sat on Ilhoon's bed. "Uh, Baekhyun?" He looked at you but didn't say anything. You can already feel the time slowing down, and you need to make every second worth the while. You gestured him to remove his headphones.

 

"I can hear you." He said.

 

"Oh~" You quietly said. You tried to focus. You heaved a deep breath and cleared your throat. "Can I ask you something?" You cautiously asked.

 

"You already did." He replied, not looking at you.

 

You scratched your head. "Um, well, can I ask another one?" He removed his headphones and looked at you. You placed a pillow on your lap. "....If you were given a chance to wish for something, what would you wish for?" You asked meekly.

 

He tilted his head to the side and chewed his cheeks. You stared at him. "Me and my sister always wanted to do lots of different things before, when she was still here. We even bought a notebook just to fill it up with the things that we ought to do together." He stood up, opened his cabinet and took out a small notebook. "Here." He handed it to you.

 

You felt the rough texture of the notebook in your palm. It feels like it's full of memories from the past, memories that are still alive up to now. You opened it slowly and saw three things written on it. "Why are there only three? I thought you said you should fill this thing up?" You were confused.

 

Baekhyun looked at the notebook and smiled. A smile that is so lonely and lifeless. "Yeah, we ought to fill that up, but we weren't able to do it because, because she gave up. Minkyung gave up easily and now that notebook, that's bull. That deserves to be in the garbage." He growled quietly.

 

You shook your head. "No! No Baekhyun she did not give up! If she's here right now she would fill this thing up and do it all with you!" You tried to explain. "But Baekhyun she didn't know that that was bound to happen! No one knows the future Baekhyun, not even me." You paused. "Yes, she's gone now, but that doesn't mean you should give up already! Maybe Master sent me here because Minkyung told him to pursue these things with you."

 

You bit your lip, looked at him straight in the eyes and said, "I'll be on this adventure with you Baekhyun, whether you like it or not." You said strongly.