Chapter 61 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Sixty-One

 

"You ready?" Sungjong asked as he twisted the doorknob.

 

You put your hand on top of his. "Wait," He looked at you. "Where's Baekhyun?"

 

"Oh. He's um, in the kitchen."

 

"What's he doing?"

 

"Eating?" He answered, then he suddenly faced you and held both of your hands. "Why are you nervous?"

 

"I don't know! It's like, I'm gonna see him for the first time today!"

 

Sungjong squeezed your hands. "Don't worry, I'm sure Baekhyun would be very glad when he sees you."

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise." He gave you an assuring smile. He then twisted the doorknob and helped you go down the long stairs. You were feeling fidgety and nervous as you walk towards the kitchen. You stopped when you saw Baekhyun coming out from the kitchen CR. Sungjong looked at you. "Let's go." You exhaled and nodded.

 

"Oh my gosh, Cheonsa come here!" Sooyoung motioned you to sit down next to her in the kitchen. Upon hearing your name, Baekhyun immediately spun around and looked at you. You tried your best not to look at him to lessen the tension that is growing inside of you.

 

"You look so beautiful," Chanyeol complimented.

 

You bowed and smiled. "Thanks."

 

"But, oh, I forgot to tell you guys we'll be out the whole day 'cause Chanyeol recommended this park where we should spend christmas and Baekhyun's birthday at the same time. Is that okay? Promise we'll be back before dinner."

 

"We should be, because I bought a lot of groceries and we'll cook everything later." Minah said.

 

Sooyoung clasped her hands together. "Yay!" She hugged her Mom.

 

From the corner of your eyes, you can still see Baekhyun looking at you from head to toe. *If  I melt Baekhyun, If I really melt.* You gritted your teeth.

 

"I should call Yuri! She called me last night and told me that they're also having they're vacation here in Jeolla." Sooyoung's lively expression suddenly changed when she turned to you. "Um, is it okay Cheonsa?"

 

*Ouch. Is it really necessary for her to ask me that?* You gave her a solid smile. "Of course, it's okay." It took a lot of effort for you to say that. For today, you are not Angel Cheonsa, but just Cheonsa. Cheonsa who fits in this beautiful world. Cheonsa who doesn't have wings. Cheonsa who is brave. Cheonsa who is not jealous of Yuri. Cheonsa who isn't stupid in any way and not naive. Cheonsa who is human. You looked at Baekhyun and saw him smiling.

 

"Great!" Sooyoung smiled and pulled her cellphone out of her pocket.

 

"Excuse me," You bowed politely and headed outside the house.

 

"You can do this Cheonsa, you're one brave angel. You're not jealous and will never be jealous of Yuri because Baekhyun loves you, only you." You whispered to yourself.

 

"What about my parents? What about Minkyung? What about Sooyoung, Sungjong, and Minah?" Baekhyun appeared behind you.

 

You spun around and he was one small step away from you. You stepped back and looked at him. "What about them?" You raised your brows.

 

"I also love them, you know." He placed his hands in his pockets.

 

"Why were you listening?"

 

"I wasn't really listening. You were just talking so loud that I heard it." He answered.

 

"Well, you wouldn't hear it if you weren't listening, right?"

 

Baekhyun blinked. He opened his mouth to answer but you cut him off. "What?"

 

"Why are you bawling at me?"

 

You looked to the side and also thought about it. You hadn't noticed that you were already almost shouting at him. "Sorry,"

 

Baekhyun kept his poker face on and turned around to walk away. You bit your lip and gave him a back hug. "Happy birthday~" You whispered.

 

Baekhyun froze in his spot as you tightened the hug. He took your wrist and spun around so that he was facing you. "Thank you, beautiful." He smiled.

 

Your cheeks reddened as you hug him again. "Do I really look beautiful?"

 

Baekhyun kissed your head. "You look perfect."

 

You smiled and tightened the hug. "Let's just stay like this for awhile." You closed your eyes and inhaled his scent.

 

_______________________________________________________________

 

You entered Sooyoung's Audi and sat between Minah and Baekhyun. Sungjong was the last one to enter the car. Mirae was on his lap, looking outside the car window. Sooyoung lend you her faux fur vest that perfectly matched the dress you were wearing. Baekhyun was wearing a thick black sweater, pants, winter boots and the alien beanie that you bought.

 

Chanyeol turned the engine on and drove off. "Two hours and we're there, guys." Sooyoung announced as she turned the radio on.

 

You rested your head on Baekhyun's shoulders while he entwined his fingers with yours. Minah looked at Sungjong and motioned him to look at the both of you. "They're so adorable." She mouthed.

 

Baekhyun looked at them. Minah pretended that she was looking outside. Sungjong started to play with Mirae. "Tch." He flicked Sungjong's ear.

 

"Ow! Ya~"

 

"What are you looking at? Huh?" Baekhyun whispered.

 

"I'm playing with Mirae, ask eomma!" Baekhyun tilted his head to the side.

 

"What? I can't resist it. You two are so cute." She said matter of factly.

 

The ride was silent except for the radio which kept playing christmas songs. You fell asleep on Baekhyun's shoulders and he fell asleep holding your hands.