Chapter 53 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 


 

Chapter Fifty-Three 

 

After what felt like forever, the same waiter brought your orders. Yuri and Kris splitted their chopsticks and started eating. Baekhyun slowly sipped in his drink. You were still hurt knowing that Baekhyun still has feelings left for Yuri, but you can't do anything. All you can do is to accept the fact that Yuri will forever be special for Baekhyun. You took the spoon that was on top of the napkin.

 

Because of too much irritation you scooped a large amount of your Kimchi ice cream and put it inside your mouth. It took you seconds before your felt your whole mouth burning. Your eyes widened and you immediately removed the spoon from your mouth. 

 

They looked at you. "Cheonsa are you okay?" Baekhyun rubbed your back.

 

You exaggeratedly shook your head. "No!! Hot! Hot!" Tears welled up in your eyes. You stood up and drifted inside the comfort room. "Hot! Hot!" You quickly opened the faucet and rinsed your whole mouth. "Ow~!!" You spitted the water out and exhaled. "Whoo~" You looked at your reflection in the mirror and you saw your tomato-red face. "That Kimchi ice cream nearly killed me!" You said.

 

Suddenly, the door opened and Yuri came in with a small pouch in her hands. She stood up beside you and opened the pouch revealing all her makeup. She took the foundation and put some on her face. "Stupid." She muttered.

 

You, who was still trying to remove the spicyness in your mouth glared at her. She looked at you in the mirror. "I heard that." You said.

 

She smirked and put down her foundation. "I didn't know Baekhyun likes girls who would embarrass him." She looked at you. "Baekhyun doesn't like it when he's being embarrassed do you know that? If you just saw his reaction awhile ago. Gosh, he was so embarrassed!" She scoffed. You continued glaring at her. "He's so stupid to love such a stupid girl like you." She picked up her lipstick.

 

You felt really offended by what she said, but somehow you managed to answer, "I've had enough of that stupid thing from Baekhyun." 

 

"He thinks you're stupid too? Wow, that hurts." She shook her head.

 

"....yeah, it does," You looked at her "but isn't it more embarrassing when a girl breaks up with her boyfriend for another guy then comes back and starts to ruin her ex. boyfriend's happy relationship?" You asked as you raise your brows. She looked at you this time and you know that she was offended with what you said. And when she was about to talk, you easily cut her off.

 

"I think that's more embarrassing Yuri. You're more embarrassing than I am. Because I was the one who tried to mend his heart which you left broken and miserable." You snapped. "So you don't have the right to call me stupid, because you're more stupid than I am!"

 

She raised her hand and was about to slap you when you said, "Okay! Slap me and prove to me how much of an idiot you are!"

 

Yuri gritted her teeth and put down her hand. "I hate you!!" She yelled.

 

"Thank you," You smirked. "thank you for making me realize that I'm not the stupidest person in the world." You rolled your eyes and left.

 

"Baekhyun let's go!" You said as you walked out of the restaurant.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The restaurant is just four blocks away from your house, so you decided to just walk home. You were walking ahead and you don't notice Baekhyun who was giddily walking behind you. "Cheonsa~" He called. You didn't look back at him. "Cheonsa, wait..." He called once again but you just continued walking until you were infront of your house.You waited for him to open the gate.

 

It was evening already and Sungjong and Minah aren't back yet. You headed to your room and Baekhyun followed you. "Ya Cheonsa~" He cooed.

 

You glared at him. "Mwo?! You still love that Yuri right? Why don't you just go back to her and be with her forever?!" You hollered.

 

Baekhyun abruptly trapped you on the wall. His forehead leaned against yours and you can feel the warmth of his breath. You swallowed. "I-I'm sorry.." You avoided his gaze. Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something when suddenly, he collapsed. He fell in your arms and you tried to carry him with all your might. You slowly lied him on your bed. 

 

You fell on the floor and sighed. "Baekhyun!" You shook him. No response. You touched his forehead and you gasped. "You have a fever!" You started to worry. "What am I going to do?!" You bit your nails and looked around. *Cheonsa think! think! Come on~!* You thought of something and you looked for Baekhyun's cellphone.

 

You found it inside the pocket of his jacket and you immediately dialled Minah's number. "Oh my! Thank you for answering immediately Minah!"

 

"Why Cheonsa? What's wrong?"

 

"What time are you gonna come back in here? I need your help!!"

 

"Oh! Didn't you see the message I sent Baekhyun? We're not gonna come back 'til tomorrow. We're here at my friends house and we can't go back just like that because the roads are closed cause of the snow."

 

You swallowed. "What?! Are you serious? Wha-what am I gonna do? Baekhyun's fever is very high!!" You looked at Baekhyun and wiped his forehead with your hand.

 

"I'm so sorry Cheonsa, but you have to take care of him first."

 

"What should I do?!"

 

"Baekhyun's having a hard time in breathing whenever he's sick, so you need to look for his medicine. Maybe it's somewhere inside his bag. Just look for it and make him drink it okay?" Minah explained.

 

"...okay, okay thank you Minah.."

 

"Bye!" 

 

You put down Baekhyun's phone. You stood up and looked outside the window to check if Bo Ah's still up but to your dismay, the lights were all off, meaning they're asleep already. Baekhyun started to hyperventilate. You zoomed to his room, grabbed his back and looked for his medicine but you found nothing. "Oh no~! Master, help me...please~" 

 

You were in the verge of crying but you tried to remain calm and went back to your room. You sat beside Baekhyun. "It's my turn to take care of you now.." You said as you slowly remove your necklace and put it in his palm. "I hope you feel better soon." You lied down on the edge of the bed and little by little, you fainted.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 15

 

❄Baekhyun's POV❄

 

I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. 4:00 AM. I sat up. My entire body felt very heavy and my head was throbbing. Suddenly, I felt something in my palm. Cheonsa's necklace. I saw her lying on the edge of the bed. Her wings were out, but it was glowing faintly. Five feathers slowly fell on the floor, then it disappeared.

 

I placed the necklace around her neck. "Please don't do that ever again. As you said, Yuri's just one of the girls. And you're not one of them Cheonsa, you're special." I caressed her face and was about to kiss her when she suddenly sat up and her head hit my lips. 

 

"Omo! Your lips are bleeding!" She gasped. "Wait, wait.." She hurried downstairs then came back with a wet cloth. She sat infront of me, held my chin, then gently patted my bottom lip.

 

"Ow..." I emoted.

 

"Shh~ Sorry, sorry." She whispered. 

 

Cheonsa was so focused with what she's doing and I can't help but admire her beautiful, angelic, perfect face. I know that it's wrong to compare but, I never felt this way with Yuri before, to be honest. Cheonsa is the very reason why I smile. I grabbed her wrist. "It's okay, I'm fine." I gave her a half smile.

 

She put down her hand and frowned then she touched my forehead. "No you're not!" She put my hand on my forehead. "See? You're still sick!" 

 

I grabbed her hand, placed it on my chest then slowly, I gave her a soft kiss. "Thank you."