Chapter 39 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Thirty-Nine

 

“Sungjong what time is it?” Minah asked.

 

All of you were done packing up. “9:30 two more hours before midnight.” He answered as he tied a ribbon with a bell around Mirae’s neck.

 

You were sitting on the couch between Ilhoon and Baekhyun. “Why do we need to wait for midnight?”

 

“Because if we leave now it’ll take us a very long time before we can arrive in there. It’s traffic today.”

 

“Oh, traffic, okay~” You whisper to yourself.

 

“Angel Cheonsa are you excited?” Ilhoon suddenly asked.

 

You nodded happily. “Yeah! I can’t wait to see what Jeolla looks like. How about you?”

 

“Yeah~ I want to see how humans celebrate their Christmas.” Ilhoon noticed the necklace you were wearing. He held it. “Who gave you this?” He asked.

 

“Master he gave that to me so that I’ll be able to survive here.” You smiled.

 

“Survive?”

 

“Yeah, without that necklace I’ll not survive. I’ll die.”

 

“Oh,” He slowly nodded.

 

“You know, I’m still curious about Master sending you here.” You said.

 

He gave you a queer look. “Are you serious?” He said between giggles.

 

You flicked his forehead. “Why are you laughing? Huh?” You cross your arms above your chest.

 

“Nothing, I just find it funny that you’re curious. You don’t have to be curious ‘cause I have the same duty as Luhan and Ren.” He gave you an assuring smile. *Don’t worry Angel Cheonsa, I’m just here to challenge you.* He thought.

 

“Okay if you say so~” “Hey! Do you remember when Luhan and Ren confessed to Angel Yirum? That was so funny because they didn’t know that Master was just behind them.” You giggled.

 

Ilhoon did the same. “Yeah I find that very funny too!” “But you know, it’s not the same when you’re not there. It feels so empty.” He looked at you.

 

“Tch. Don’t you worry! There are nine days left Ilhoon-ah…and I’ll be back.” You looked to the side.

 

“Why is your face like that? Huh?” He ruffled your hair.

 

“Hey!! Not my hair!!” You ruffled his and giggled. Baekhyun looked at the both of you. You were too preoccupied to notice that he smiled again.

 

Two hours passed and it was time for you to leave. “See you again soon~!” Sungjong blurted out.

 

“Who are you talking to?” You asked him.

 

“Them.” He pointed towards the space.

 

“Them? But there’s nobody—“

 

“Don’t mind him Cheonsa,” Baekhyun cut you off. “Let’s go.”

 

All of you boarded Sooyoung’s Audi. “Are we all set?” Minah, who was sitting in the driver’s seat announced.

 

“Yep Mom, let’s go~” Sungjong was the only one who answered. Minah drove off.

_______________________________________________________________________

The ride was a little bit bumpy but you managed to sleep. Your head was lying on top of Ilhoon’s shoulders. Baekhyun was busy staring outside the window, music blasting from his headset.

 

After an hour or two you jolted out of your sleep and the first thing you saw was a “Welcome to Jeonju” You sat up straight up rubbed your eyes. “Minah?”

 

“Hm?” She replied still focused on the wet road.

 

“Why are we in Jeonju? I thought we’re gonna go to Jeolla.”

 

You heard Minah laugh quietly. “Yes Cheonsa, we’re in Jeolla. Jeonju is the capital of Northern Jeolla and in twenty minutes we’ll be arriving in our vacation house.” She looked at you through the rear-view mirror and smiled.

 

“Ah~ I can’t wait!!” You clasped your hands together and beamed. The bumpy road made Baekhyun and Ilhoon’s head land hard onto your shoulders. “Ow! Aish their heads are so heavy~” You whined and you heard Minah laugh. “That’s because both of them are so stubborn.”

 

“Jinjja? Even Ilhoon?” You pushed their head gently to the side.

 

“Yes he is, he’s like a little kid, so stubborn.” She snarled.

 

“That’s because he is! I’m older than Ilhoon so he’s like, my dongsaeng. Dongsaeng means younger brother or sister right?” You asked.

 

“Yeah, wow how’d you know about that?”

 

“Sungjong taught me the other day. I should call you Minah ajumeoni from now on~” You stated. “And for Baekhyun, Sungjong told me to call him ‘Baekhyun oppa’ all the time.” You made quotations marks in the air.

 

Minah laughed. “Baekhyun oppa? Did you ask him why?”

 

“Yeah, he just told me that when a girl calls a guy oppa the guy automatically smiles because they find it cute. And because my mission is to make Baekhyun smile, I should do that too!” You explained.

 

“Oh Cheonsa, all I can say is, good luck with that!” Minah tried to prevent herself from laughing. “Look outside Cheonsa and admire the view.”

 

You quickly looked outside. “Woah~! It’s so breathtaking! There are so many lights and they make the view so beautiful~” You smiled in delight as you continue to admire the view outside.

 

The car maneuvered and suddenly it stopped. “We’re here!” Minah announced. “Cheonsa wake them up now.”

 

You tapped Ilhoon’s shoulders “Ilhoon! Wake up!” Ilhoon slowly opened his eyes and went out of the car. He went towards Sungjong and Minah who was already outside. The only ones left inside were Baekhyun and you. You gently tapped his shoulders. “Baekhyun~ Wake up! We’re here already.” You quietly said. He remained unfazed. You removed the headset from his ears and whispered. “Wake up~ Baekhyun we’re here already~”

 

He slowly sat up straight and stretched. “We’re here!!” You smiled at him. “Let’s go~!” You went outside of the car and Baekhyun followed.

 

“Oh my~” Your eyes rounded in surprise as soon as you saw the house. "This is where we're going to stay?!"

 

"Yeah! This is Chanyeol's vacation house actually." Sungjong said.

 

"Chanyeol? Sooyoung's boyfriend owns this beautiful house?!" You asked and Sungjong nodded in reply.

 

"Come! Let's go inside now!" Minah said as she went near the door and opened it.

 

All of you entered the house and you became more amused by the lovely interior. You dove into the huge couch and Mirae followed you. You were surprised when Mirae didn't bark at you and just rolled on the fluffy couch. "I think Mirae likes you now!" Minah said as she giggled.