Chapter 30 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Thirty

 

Baekhyun looked at you with sad eyes. "Wear it." You mouthed to him. He warily wore the necklace and that's when you collapsed. The obstacle disappeared and Baekhyun went to his parents.

 

What the celestial guards did is strictly prohibited. Angel aren't allowed to do that kind of thing especially without the Master's permission. However, the guards did it in order to make your mission easier but they will have to face their punishment for violating such rule. "Goodbye Angel Cheonsa." Ren said. "Goodluck to your mission." Luhan added. Then they vanished.

 

Sungjong saw you lying on the grass. "Cheonsa!!" He went towards you and started shaking you. "Her necklace! She's not wearing her necklace!!!" Sungjong told Minah.

 

"She gave it to Baekhyun." They both looked at Baekhyun who was still sobbing while talking with his parents. "She's willing to help Baekhyun so much that she sacrificed her life just to make him happy." Minah mourned.

 

Sungjong scowled at her. "Er, Eomma?"

 

Sniff. Sniff.

 

"Ya Eomma! Gwaenchana?"

 

"How can I be okay?! Huh? Of course I'm going to miss her!!"

 

"Miss? Her?" Sungjong scowled.

 

Minah wiped her tears and kissed your forehead. "Goodbye Angel Cheonsa.."

 

Sungjong shook his head. "Oh no~ Eomma, you're positively not okay."

 

Minah glared at Sungjong. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

 

"Nothing's wrong with me. Minah, she's not yet dead! Don't be so OA."

 

"You know, I totally appreciate your concern but l-let's all just accept the fact that...that...Cheonsa's gone now!!" She sobbed.

 

Sungjong sneered. "Suit yourself Mom. Cry until the next century." Sungjong groaned as he carries you inside, bridal style. "Argh. She's so heavy!!"

__________________________________________________________________

"Saengil chukha habnida, saengil chukha habnida, saranghanye Byun Baekhyun..saengil chukha habnida~ Yaay~!!" Minkyung sang. "Dongsaeng-ah, you're sixteen now. I know that you have lots of things to wish for but just pick one."

 

Baekhyun smiled and placed his hands to prayer position. "I hope noona and I would be very very very very rich!!" He giggled.

 

"And I hope that when Baekhyun grows up, when he's a big guy already, he's going to have a girlfriend. The one that looks like an Angel." Minkyung smiled.

 

"You mean, the one that looks like you?" He beamed. "Of course." Both of them giggled. "So, let's eat this yummy cake--"

 

"Ya! Ya! Ya! We need to go somewhere first! We're going to buy your gift remember?"

 

Baekhyun pouted. "Arasso, but promise we'll eat this later!" Minkyung nodded with a smile. "Gaja~!"

 

The both of them headed straight to Myeongdong. It was night time and the place was filled with people. Everyone's busy shopping, buying things and having lots of fun. "Go and look for things that you want while I go search for your gift. I'll go back here after five minutes okay? Just stay here, arasso?"

 

Baekhyun nodded. "Anything I like?"

 

"Anything. Bye!" Minkyung smiled and left. Baekhyun sighed and started searching for some clothes. Five minutes passed and Baekhyun decided to sit on a small bench and wait for his sister.

 

Ten minutes passed....

 

"Why is noona taking so long?" Baekhyun stood up and started looking for Minkyung. He squeezed himself through the huge crowd of people enjoying the night in Myeongdong. He felt dizzy because of too much noise surrounding the place.

 

Suddenly, BANG! BANG! BANG!

 

There was a very loud enfilade. The people grew wild and started running and screaming all at the same time. Baekhyun held firmly onto one of the poles in the food stall. It is the only way for him not to get dragged away by the unruly people. He looked around for his sister but what he saw was a huge crowd of people. He scowled and went to see if Minkyung was one of the people in the crowd.

 

He got closer. And closer. But.... no.

 

He didn't see Minkyung in the crowd but he saw her lying on the wet road, blood penetrating from her body, dead.

 

His whole body went unstable. It felt like the whole world crashed right infront of him. He can't feel anything but his heart being stabbed a million times. He fell on the ground and tears shed like waterfall. He wanted to swallow but he can't. Baekhyun crawled near Minkyung's body. "Excuse me...? I-Is she your girlfriend?" A middle-aged woman dared to ask. Baekhyun held Minkyung's hand and caressed it to his face. "Noo...noon.." The woman patted Baekhyun's back. "You need to call your parents."

 

Baekhyun hugged his sister's body. "Noo...na~" The woman noticed Minkyung's bag. She reached for it and took out the cellphone. She browsed the contacts. "Ajumeoni Minah? Is she your aunt?" Baekhyun nodded slowly still shocked about everything that happened. He feels desolated. The woman stood up and dialled Minah's number. After a few minutes, the police arrived together with Minah and Sungjong and the ambulance. Baekhyun was brought to Minah's house.

 

Eversince that incident happened, Baekhyun had a huge trauma. Everytime he's in a place full of people he starts getting uncomfortable. Because up until now, Minkyung's death is still questionable. There was still no justice for Minkyung. Baekhyun thinks that the one responsible for this is Kim Sang Jung, his Father's mortal enemy. Sang Jung used to be his Father's friend but the time came when Baekhyun's parents needed some money to pay for their bills but an incident happened. Baekhyun's parents died without being able to pay for the debt.

 

Baekhyun's only wish is for Minkyung to possess justice and that will only happen if the killer shows up to the police and explain everything and be imprisoned forever.

__________________________________________________________________________