Chapter 43 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 


 

Chapter Forty-Three

 

DAY 11

 

"Good Morning Baekhyun!" You greeted when you saw him going down the stairs. "Thank you for bringing me back to my room last night."

 

Ilhoon passed by infront of you and, "That wasn't me." "That wasn't him." Baekhyun and Ilhoon said in unison.

 

"Huh?" You asked.

 

"I didn't bring you back to your room, Ilhoon did." Baekhyun said.

 

You looked at Ilhoon. "...Well then, thanks Ilhoon~!" You forced a smile. Suddenly, your stomach growled. "Oops." You looked at the two.

 

"You weren't able to eat dinner too." Ilhoon said as he pulled you to the kitchen.

 

He gave you an egg sandwich and you gladly accept it. "Thanks!" You took a bite. "Where's Sungjong and Minah?"

 

"They're outside cleaning the car."

 

You left the kitchen and headed outside. The snow had subsided and the sun was shining brightly but the cold breeze was still there. You saw the two and immediately ran towards them. "Hi Sungjong! Good morning Minah!" You greeted them.

 

"Hey! Why didn't you eat dinner last night?" Sungjong asked.

 

"Because she doesn't want to taste your cooking!" Minah teased.

 

"Ani~!!" You shook your hands infront of your face. "I wanted to taste it but then I fell asleep in Baekhyun's room." You pouted.

 

Their eyes rounded in surprise. "WHY ARE YOU IN HIS ROOM?!" Sungjong asked. "WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN THERE?!" Minah added.

 

You backed away from them and took a bite from your sandwich. "I was just watching the television and I didn't know that I was gradually falling asleep already." You mumbled.

 

"Oh." Sungjong nodded slowly.

 

“I noticed that you’re being closer to Baekhyun nowadays.” Minah gave you a knowing smile.

 

“Ah, it’s because I only have a few days left. I need to spend more time with him because he’s the main reason why Master sent me here.” You finished your sandwich.

 

Minah gasped. “I almost forgot about that part! It feels like you’re already part of our family. And now it occurred to me that you only have twenty days to finish your mission here on earth.”

 

“Is there really a need for you to leave us? I mean, you can just stay here forever and be a part of our family!” Sungjong said.

 

You snarled. “If only I can~” You looked at the both of them. “I never want to leave you guys.”

 

Minah hugged you. “Shh! don’t talk as if you’re gonna leave already. Cheonsa you still have nine more days! And I don’t know why but it seems as if time is slowing down, do you have any idea why?”

 

You pursed your lips. “Um, nope! Sorry, I have no idea about that.”

 

They continued cleaning and wiping every part of the car. “Minah?”

 

“Hm?” She wiped the rearview mirror with a rug.

 

“Is there any memorable place for Baekhyun here in Jeolla?”

 

She looked up, thinking then she looked at you. “Yes! Yes there is!”

 

You gasped. “Tell me about it!”

 

“There’s a small school near the wet market here in Jeonju. That’s a very memorable place for him because that’s where he studied kindergarten.” Minah smiled.

 

“Is it okay if we go there?”

 

She nodded. “Yeah, the weather seems fine. But what are you going to do in there? Are you gonna bring Baekhyun with you?”

 

You smiled. “Yup! Let’s just say…it’s a part of my mission of making him smile.” You excitedly said.

 

“Okay! Sure, but after we finish cleaning the car, arasso?”

 

You nodded. “Ne!”

____________________________________________________________________________

8:00 AM

“Fasten your seatbelts kids!” Minah announced from the driver’s seat.

 

“Done!” You answered buoyantly.

 

Minah started driving. “Seriously Cheonsa, where are we going?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Somewhere..” You smiled at him.

 

“You know Cheonsa, I can sense that Ilhoon has feelings for you.” Minah said.

 

You can see from the edge of your eyes that Baekhyun was looking at you but you tried not to look at him. “Feelings?”

 

“Yeah, feelings. Special feelings.” She clarified.

 

You puffed up your cheeks. “Nah I don’t think so. Maybe he’s really just like that. Ilhoon is one playful and crazy Angel just like me. He’s like my younger brother.”

 

“Psh. Can’t you be more than that?”

 

You bit your lip. “N-no, just siblings.” You forced a laugh. You glanced at Baekhyun but he looked outside the window.

 

8:30 AM

You finally arrived to your destination. “Ah, we’re gonna buy our viand for tonight.” Baekhyun said as he zip up his hoodie.

 

Minah passed by the wet market and stopped infront of a small building. Jeonju Academy. “No Baekhyun, we’re not gonna buy anything.”

 

Baekhyun’s expression went bleak. You pulled him out of the car. “Cheonsa! Here’s what you’re gonna use for the bus, you know about it already right?” Minah asked.

 

You nodded. “Yup! I do! Thank you Minah~” You waved goodbye and Minah drove off.

 

“The temperature’s colder in here..” You said as you brushed your arms.

 

“What are we doing here?” Baekhyun looked down.

 

You went infront of him and slowly lifted his chin up. “Chin up stick alien! Always look forward, never down. That’s where the negative vibes are.” You put your hand down. “Now, can you show me around?”

 

Baekhyun heaved a sigh and pulled you by the hand. You looked at it. “Never look down Cheonsa~!” Baekhyun said as he walked forward.

 

“This is the front part of my school, this is where we do small programs and stuff.” He gestured towards a small garden in front of the school building.

 

You nodded slowly. “Did anything unforgettable happen in this part of your school?”

 

He thought about it for a moment. “Ah, yes! That time when I became first honor! I remember when my classmates envied me because I got all the gold medals. My parents were so proud of me that time. They told me that they have the best children ever. After that we went to an expensive restaurant where the chefs and waiters made me sing,”

 

“Did you show them what you've got?” You asked, proud of him.

 

“Well, yeah. I was a very confident kid before and I felt very glad because I made the customers happy that time.” He smiled. “I was actually the positive type.”

 

“Yeah, I know that. Master told me that you’re a very happy person.” You smiled at him. The atmosphere went silent for a while then, "Can you do me a favor?" you asked.

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

“I wanna hear your sing once again, can you sing for me?”

 

He chewed his cheeks. “…o-okay” He heaved a deep breath started singing.

 

*You make me fly and smile again, just like a rainbow after a storm, silently coming into my arms and giving me happiness I wanna make a love.*

 

Those words lingered in your ears. It seems as if Baekhyun is singing this song for you. Your mind went turbulent because of mixed thoughts. You snapped out of your daze when he shook you. "Ya, Cheonsa!" He said.

 

"Oh! S-sorry~" You looked up.

 

"Are you crying?" He asked calmly.

 

"C-crying? No, no I'm not..I'm not crying, I'm okay." You stuttered.

 

He held your face so that you were facing him. "You are."

 

You quickly wiped away your tears. "I, I just...I'm gonna miss hearing that voice." You admitted.

 

Baekhyun stared at you straight in the eyes. You were very sure that he wanted to say something but he stopped himself. "Let's move on, come~!" He gently pulled you away.

 

The both of you arrived at the back part of the building. There was a wide playground that immediately caught your attention.