Chapter 36 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Thirty-Six 

 

Suddenly you remembered what your Master told you before. "Do not change yourself just because someone wants you to. Always remember, be yourself because that's the best you can be." You bit your lip and nodded to yourself. "That's right!" You muttered, sat up straight and said "Um, I like to...play with Angel Yirum and Angel Eunji, I like to fly especially when I'm sad and..." You saw Baekhyun glaring at you like he's murdering you inside his head. "I like visiting my favorite place." You stopped and looked at Kai. He was more than surprised. His mouth was in a gape and he was giving you a quaint look.

 

"Uh, sorry." Baekhyun stood up. "She's a bit...strange sometimes." He held your arm in a tight grip. "You still have something to do, right?"

 

You just looked at him. He pulled you up with force. "Cheonsa needs to do something. Go now Cheonsa." He tightened his grip. "Go!!" He bawled.

 

You shook his hand off and scrambled upstairs.

__________________________________________________________________________________

It was evening already and you were lying on your back when the door bursted open. "Hey." You said to Baekhyun. He looked up and chewed his cheek. You sat up. "Sorry." You uttered.

 

He glared at you. "Please tell me how many times do you plan to embarrass me with your stupid acts." He said between gritted teeth.

 

You cannot absorb the word 'stupid' anymore so you stood up bravely and answered him. "I can't take this anymore! What is wrong with being yourself?!"

 

"EVERYTHING!!!" You flinched because of his voice. He looked to the side. "Especially when it comes to you!!" He looked back at you. "You know what?! I don't care if you're being yourself okay? Just don't do it when you're with me! Don't show them the real you because you..." He pointed towards you. "You, yourself is one stupid, naive and annoying Angel!!!" He growled.

 

You stomped your feet and covered your ears with your hands. "Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!!!" Your voice was so loud that it shut the door close. Baekhyun gasped. "You have no idea how it feels like to be in this position! Yes! Okay! I know that I know nothing! I know that I'm stupid, dumb whatever! But believe me, no matter how much I don't wanna do it....I'm trying to be a better version of me! But Baekhyun, I can't! I just really can't! Because first of all I'm not like anyone of you. I live differently! I'm an Angel and I'm here on this earth because I have a mission. I have to make you happy but you're torturing me! You're torturing me Baekhyun!! You're asking me to be another person but I can't because I am Angel Cheonsa and that's who I wanna be!!!!" You growled.

 

"Try putting yourself on my shoes and you'll know how it feels." You walked away but stopped near the door. You wiped your eyes and left. You went to the garden and sat beside the pool. You hugged your knees and that's when everything went out. You've never been this lonely before.

 

Suddenly, you felt a hand on your back. "It's Baekhyun again, is it?" You didn't answer. He sat beside you and rubbed your back. "Don't worry Angel Cheonsa, you did the right thing."

 

You slowly looked at him. "H-how did you--"

 

"I was right outside your room. I heard everything and I will fully understand if you'll not forgive my cousin but--"

 

"No." You cut him off and smirked. Tears fell from your eyes. "Your cousin's right. He's right. I'm stupid and--"

 

"Shh.." He pulled you close. "Don't you dare say that. Nobody's perfect okay? Even your Master isn't perfect but you, you're okay. I like you just the way you are."

 

You looked at him.

 

"Well..not the like that you're thinking okay? You're not even my type." He giggled.

 

You smiled. "Sungjong-ah...can I, can I hug you?" 

 

He blinked. "Okay but don't fall in love with me alright?"

 

You hugged him and wiped your tears. "I love you Sungjong~"

 

He hugged you back. "I love you too Angel Cheonsa~"

 

❅ Baekhyun's POV ❅

 

Cheonsa left me. I sat on the floor and hugged my knees. "Baekhyun..." I heard a voice. It was my Mom's voice. "Eomma?" I jolted up. "Eomma?!"

 

Suddenly, Minah appeared on the door. "Hey, are you okay?"

 

I sat down on the end of my bed. Minah sat beside me. She put her arms on my shoulders. "...guess you're not." "What happened? C'mon, tell me." I looked at her. "I'm your second mother." She smiled.

 

I placed my head on her shoulders. "I had an argument, with Cheonsa...because I shouted at her for acting so, so stu-- so different infront of my classmates awhile ago." 

 

She nodded. "Oh~ When Kai asked her about her hobbies?" I looked at her confusedly. She smiled. "I was there that time. I was getting something from the freezer. Maybe you were too busy focusing on what she's gonna say that's why you didn't notice me."

 

"Oh. Well now that you know it, what can you say? She embarassed me again right? And you know how much I don't wanna be embarrassed right? I don't like it when people make fun of me because I can see that they're enjoying it. They are happy. And that's why I told Cheonsa to act differently especially when she's with me. She told me that she's just being herself and that she can't be a better person no matter how hard she tries and that she's Angel Cheonsa and that's who she wants to be but I think that's bull!!" I growled.

 

"Actually Baekhyun, she's right. Cheonsa's right." I gave her a look. She held my shoulders. "You don't ask a person to change, you're the one who should adjust for them and besides she's Cheonsa. She's waaaay different, she's not like us. It's good that she's trying to change, atleast she's trying, right?...but Baekhyun if she says that she can't and chooses to just be herself then you should learn how to appreciate her the way she is. Remember Baekhyun, God sent her here for you. She's forcing herself to live here just to help you. You should appreciate all her efforts. You should cherish her because if the day comes that she finally succeeds with her mission and she needs to go back, believe me Baekhyun.....you'll miss her. Appreciate her before she's gone." 

 

Minah stood up and headed for the door. "Good Night Baekhyun, sleep tight." Minah left.

 

I was all alone in my room. I felt guilty. My lungs were dry and my whole body felt weak.