Chapter 38 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Thirty-Eight 

 

"New celestial guards? What happened to those two invisible guards of yours?" He asked.

 

"They left right after you saw your parents. They were the ones who helped me in making that happen." You looked down. Up until now you still miss Luhan and Rens' presence.

 

"So why do you need a new guard?" He pressed.

 

You looked at him. "Well, I don't know. And I think Ilhoon has no idea about it too, right Ilhoon?"

 

Ilhoon slowly nodded. *I know Angel Cheonsa, I know everything.* He thought.

 

Baekhyun snarled. "Well atleast he's better than those two. Atleast he's visible." Baekhyun stood up and let out a hand. "Nice to meet you Ilhoon."

 

Ilhoon shook his hand. "Pleased to meet you, Byun Baekhyun." Ilhoon smiled.

 

"Wait, should I call you Angel Ilhoon or just Ilhoon?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"I'm here on earth so, Ilhoon, call me Ilhoon." 

 

He nodded. "Okay....okay Ilhoon, excuse me I just need to go somewhere." He left the room.

 

Ilhoon looked around. "So this is your room..."

 

"Nope. This is Baekhyun's room, I just sleep here." You smiled.

 

"Oh~" He placed his hands in his pocket and looked at you. "How's your mission going?"

 

You sighed. "I'm having a hard time but I'm trying my best." You forced a smile. "Come, let's go downstairs!" The both of you went downstairs. Ilhoon sat on the couch and opened the television. "You know how to open that thing?" You scowled at him.

 

"Uh-huh."

 

"How come?" 

 

"I've been in a lot of missions already Cheonsa I'm used to human ways." He smiled proudly.

 

You rolled your eyes and went to the kitchen. *Show off!* You opened the fridge and took your freezing ice cream out. You went back to the living room. "How am I supposed to eat this thing now?" You yelped.

 

"Leave it for atleast twenty minutes." Ilhoon said, still focused on the television screen. You placed it on the glass table and sat on the couch right beside Ilhoon.

___________________________________________________________________________

It was almost midnight already and you were still sitting on the stairs, waiting for Baekhyun. "Hey aren't you going to sleep yet?" Minah asked as she stood beside you.

 

"Where is Baekhyun?" You asked tiredly. 

 

"He went to Kyungsoo's place because he has some schoolwork to finish and he told me that he'll go home late."

 

You sighed. "Is Ilhoon still up?"

 

"Nope, he's asleep already. I told him to stay in Baekhyun's room and you," She pulled you up. "will stay in my room again."

 

Your sleepy eyes flicked open. "Really?!"

 

Minah smiled as she nods. "So let's not wait for Baekhyun anymore because I'm sure that he'll be alright."

 

You pursed you lips and nodded. "Okay but can we please leave the lights open?"

 

Minah let out a giggle. "Yeah, sure! If that's what you want. I'm okay whether it's on or off." She smiled and the both of you headed to your room and slept.

___________________________________________________________________________

DAY 11

 

Ilhoon and Minah left early the following day. They went out to buy some clothes for Ilhoon. You were infront of the television watching Secret's performance of Shy Boy. "Watching the dolls again?" Baekhyun sat beside you.

 

You looked at him. "Before you told me they're not dolls right?"

 

He bit his lip. "Uh...nope! I was wrong. They're dolls, real dolls." He smiled and took a bite from his bread.

 

Your jaw dropped and your heart melted like chocolate in a desert. Baekhyun raised his brows. "What?" He mumbled. "Why are you looking at me like that? Is there dirt on my face?"

 

You kept your eyes focused on him. You felt like your world suddenly stopped. He put his bread inside your mouth. "Eat that." He brushed his hands and the bread crumbs fell on the carpet. Baekhyun stood up. "I'll just get water~" He said as he made his way to the kitchen.

 

You were still in awe when you ate the bread Baekhyun gave you. You squealed. *You're the best Angel Cheonsa!!* You thought.

 

Baekhyun came back with a glass of water. "Water?" He asked as he gently pushed the glass towards you. You gently took it and warily wiped the rim of the glass with your shirt before drinking on it.

 

"I don't have any virus you know." He said.

 

You finished the water before you replied. "Um, yeah~ Yeah I-I know that, um," You bit your lip. "I was just making sure that.."

 

"That?" He raised his brows.

 

"That, um, the rim have no break or something before I drink on it because it might cut my lips." When you were already satisfied with your answer you smiled.

 

It took Baekhyun a while before he answered. "Okay~" He shrugged casually and sat down beside you.

 

*I can't tell you that I'm avoiding our second indirect kiss and you're not even aware...* You busied yourself watching the television and Baekhyun did the same.

____________________________________________________________________________

Sungjong prepared lunch for that day. He was also the one incharge of washing the dishes. You offered to help him and he gladly accepted. "Hey Sungjong guess what," You started.

 

He rinsed the utensils. "What?"

 

"You didn't even guess!!" You whined.

 

"I'm too lazy to guess. Just say it."

 

"I made stick alien smile!!" You announced joyfully.

 

"Ah, jinjja?! Well, keep it up~!" He forced a smile.

 

"You don't seem so happy about it." You pouted.

 

He turned off the faucet. "No, I am. I'm happy about it!" He smiled. "I'm just not in the mood right now."

 

"Why?" You put a hand on his back. "What's wrong?"

 

"My head," He squeezed his eyes. "it's throbbing."

 

"If only I could use my magic powers now, but I can't, sorry~" You looked down. "It won't work anymore. I can't even talk to Ilhoon in my head, I can't do anything! And I don't know why." You looked at Sungjong's eyes. "I only have nine days left and I still haven't done anything!!"

 

He held your shoulders. "Angel Cheonsa believe me, you can do it. And you will succeed with your mission no matter what happens! We're always here for you." He gave you a warm smile.

 

*If only I could stop the time~* You thought.

______________________________________________________________________

"Why aren't you packing up yet?" Baekhyun asked as he entered Minah's room.

 

You were sitting on the bed busy staring at nothing. You were still busy thinking about what you will do in the remaining nine days of your mission here on earth. "Why? Where will we go?" You looked at him.

 

"We will go on a holiday vacation in Jeolla."

 

"Holiday vacation? What's that?" You asked meekly.

 

"It's like, a christmas vacation. Christmas, your Master's birthday you know that right?"

 

"Ah~! Christmas! Yeah, I know that one. That's when you'll create Christmas trees with christmas balls and christmas lights and then you will give gifts to each other!" You announced jubilantly.

 

"Yep, that's right. And we will our christmas vacation in Jeolla not here." Baekhyun replied.

 

"But, why?" You looked at him.

 

"Because it's more, beautiful in there and it's a perfect place to spend time with your loved ones." He gave a weak smile.

 

You were afraid that he would bawl at you if you ask any more questions so you said "Okay but, could you help me pack?" You grinned.

 

Baekhyun nodded slowly. "Okay, sure." You stood up from the bed and went towards your cabinet to start packing. "Oh! Wait here, I'll just get something." Baekhyun hurried outside the room.

 

He came back with a beautiful floral sweater. "Bring this." He said as he handed it to you.

 

The moment your palms landed on it your whole body felt warm. "Where did this come from?" You asked.

 

"That's Minkyung's sweater, you can have it."

 

You looked at his eyes full of sorrow and desolation. *If only I could bring her back Baekhyun, believe me, I will.* You wrapped your arms around him before you can prevent yourself from doing so. *Master...please give me some more time. I want to Baekhyun to feel how happy life really is, just please~* You broke the hug. "Sorry~" You looked at him. He didn't say anything, he just looked at you straight in the eye like he's asking you why you did that. You pretend to cough. "Let's pack up?" You asked.

 

He nodded slowly but he still kept quiet. *...........This Angel, she's really different.*