Chapter 29 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Twenty Nine 

 

"Excuse me?" He clears his throat interrupting your thoughts. You blinked at him. 

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Ye-yeah." You smiled meekly.

 

"Good. So, you're Baekhyun's girlfriend." 

 

"No. I-I mean, yes! Sorry." You looked down.

 

"Aw. I know what you feel. Sooyoung and I experience that too. Lovers quarrel."

 

*Lovers quarrel?* You blinked again. "Ha ha. Yeah, lovers quarrel..." *I don't even know what that means!*

 

Chanyeol giggled. "So, er, if you don't mind. How old are you?"

 

*Of all the questions in the world, why does he have to ask that? But, okay let's see. One mil-- No, one bil--"

 

"Eighteen." A familiar voice interrupted. You tilted your head to the side. It was Baekhyun. "She's eighteen." He motioned for you to move to the side. He sat beside you. You heart starts to beat like crazy. You realized that the thing that's making your heart go Thump. Thump. Thump. is Baekhyun's presence alone.

 

"Oh, hi Baekhyun!" Chanyeol greeted.

 

Baekhyun smiled as a reply. Before the conversation gets worse Sooyoung came back, exhausted. "Let's eat?"

 

The three of you stood up. When the couple are out of earshot you tapped Baekhyun's shoulders. "Thanks, again." You said. He ignored you and continued walking. You heaved a sigh. "Are you going to eat?"

 

"Eat if you want, I'm going inside." He headed straight inside.

 

*Wow! Just, wow! Maybe he's just really hungry that's why he ate my sorry gift. He's still mad!* You pouted and followed him inside.

 

Baekhyun was chilling in the living room, watching TV. You sat beside him with your ice cream in your hands. Realizing that you're too close to each other, you shoved yourself to the side. You opened the lid of your ice cream. "Ya want?" You held it towards Baekhyun. 

 

He took the spoon and dug into your ice cream. You watched as he fed himself two spoonfuls of your food. He handed it back with no expression or even just a little smile to show that he really appreciates your kindness towards him. 

 

Nothing. At all. 

 

You warily took it from his hands and before you know it you already had the spoon inside your mouth and that's when it hit you. 

 

You just had an indirect kiss with Baekhyun.

 

The reason why you, the Angel of Happiness is here on Earth. The person you aren't allowed to have feelings for. And there goes the Thump. Thump. Thump. 

 

You swallowed hard and looked at Baekhyun. Your hands are trembling it causes the spoon to fall down. You picked up the spoon before looking at Baekhyun again.

 

"Why are you blushing?" He asked.

 

You touched your cheek. It was burning. "I-I'm not....blushing." *Great. He isn't aware of what happened. At all.*

 

"And what's up with that little bandaid?"

 

You touched your nose. "I tripped on Sungjong's foot awhile ago." *Because of your ice cream!! Young man! Because of your ice cream!!*

 

He nodded and went back to watching the television again. 

 

After a few minutes the visitors started crowding in the living room. "Wow, Sooyoung sure has lots of friends." You glanced at Baekhyun and saw him fidgeting in his seat, panting heavily. *What's wrong with this alien?* You grew worried, took his hand and dragged him outside. "Breathe." You said as you arrived outside. Baekhyun looked at you and you noticed that you were still gripping his hand. You let go of it. "S-sorry." 

 

He collapsed on the grass, still gasping for air. 

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah. Get inside."

 

"Are you su--"

 

"Go!" 

 

You went inside. *He doesn't really know how to thank people.* The visitor's are already saying their goodbye's and goodluck's to the couple and Sooyoung was already a bit drunk. Time passed and the visitor's left one by one. Sooyoung fell asleep on the couch. "Chanyeol, carry her to her room now and it's better if you spend the night here. I'll just sleep in Sungjong's room for tonight. You two can use my room."

 

"What?! My room? No!!" Sungjong protested. Minah glared at him. 

 

"Okay. Whatever."

 

Chanyeol carried Sooyoung to her room. "Okay," Minah began "where's Baekhyun?"

 

"He's outside." You really wanted to ask Minah about why Baekhyun acted like that that awhile ago but you thought that this isn't the right time for you to ask that.

 

"Let's go."

 

You went outside and saw Baekhyun sitting on the swing. Red eyes, messy hair, messy everything. Sungjong sat beside him. "Do you want to see your parents? I know you miss them so much." 

 

Baekhyun snarled. "You know, I think you should go to the mental hospital. Your illness has reached it's highest."

 

*Ouch, Sungjong was just trying to help. Sorry Sungjong!* You went towards the two to help. "No, he's telling the truth. We know that you miss them so much that's why--"

 

"Baekhyun-ah~" A cold woman's voice cut you off.

 

Baekhyun's Mom.

 

*No more further explanation needed.* You smiled as you saw Baekhyun's parents together with Luhan and Ren. You scurried towards your guards and hugged them. "Look at them." Luhan said pointing towards Baekhyun's parents.

 

Baekhyun's jaw dropped and tears filled his already red eyes. "Eom..eomma? A..appa?" His voice was very coarse. Baekhyun tried to hug his parents but there's this invisible boundary that's separating them from each other. "What's this?!" He bawled while hitting the boundary. 

 

"Why can't they go near each other?!" You panicked.

 

"We're very sorry Angel Cheonsa but that's the best we can do." They both lowered their heads. You can't stand looking at Baekhyun like this. It felt like you're being stabbed countless of times. "This isn't right." You said in a low voice.

 

"What are you going to do?" Ren asked.

 

You took off your necklace and handed it to Ren. "Let Baekhyun wear this."

 

"What?! But you'll get we--"

 

"Don't worry about me. Just give this to him, he needs it now." 

 

Ren hesitantly placed the necklace into Baekhyun's palm. "That's Angel Cheonsa's necklace."

 

(A:N The guards were visible at that time.)