Chapter 49 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 


 

Chapter Forty-Nine

 

You both decided to take a walk right after eating. "How come it's so cold here in Jeonju compared to the kind of cold there in Seoul?" You asked, rubbing your arms to keep yourself warm.

 

Baekhyun stopped walking and you looked back at him. He removed his thick sweater and placed it around you. "Because this is a province." He smiled.

 

You held the sweater to prevent it from falling. Baekhyun continued to walk. You followed behind him. Yes, you felt better with his sweater around your body but does he feel the same too? "Ya~!" You yelled that caused him to look back at you. "I don't need this, you can have it back. I'm okay." You said.

 

He stood infront of you. "No, you're cold and you just recovered from your fever, I don't want you to get sick again."

 

"How about you? You're so thin, I'm sure your body can't take this kind of weather." You were about to take it off when he stopped you. "Do you really want me to not feel cold?" He asked. You nodded. Slowly, he took your hand. "Don't you dare let go if you don't want me to feel cold." He smirked and continued walking.

 

Butterflies filled your stomach. What you're feeling right now is truly undescribable. *Please don't let this day end.* You thought as you held his hand tight.

 

Mini stalls filled the place. It is starting to get dark already. "Baekhyun what time is it?"

 

Baekhyun pulled out his cellphone "It's almost four in the afternoon, why?" He put it back in his pocket.

 

"Oh~ Nothing.." *Almost four in the afternoon?! Why is time flying so fast today?!* You looked around with a frown glued on your face.

 

Your eyes landed on a stall that was selling cute beanies. Baekhyun noticed this and dragged you towards the stall. Pororo beanie, Hello Kitty beanie, Rilakkuma beanie and other adorable beanies filled the stall. "Good Afternoon sir, Good Afternoon ma'am!" The storekeeper greeted you with a smile.

 

Baekhyun scanned the beanies and you just looked at him. "Cheonsa, why don't you start picking now?" He asked.

 

"Huh?" You looked at him confusedly.

 

"I saw how you're looking at these beanies. Now, which one do you like?" He squeezed your hand. "Come on, don't be shy." He chuckled.

 

You looked at them one by one and you saw one beanie that was hidden under the Rilakkuma beanies. You quickly took it. "This! I want this!" You grinned.

 

Baekhyun looked at you. "An alien, beanie." He slowly said.

 

You nodded joyfully. "Uh-huh! I want this beanie~!" You repeated.

 

Baekhyun took it from you then gave it to the storekeeper. He pulled out some won from his pocket and paid for it. "Do you want to wear it now?" The storekeeper asked.

 

You nodded and took it from her. You placed in on your head. "Um, sir wait!!" The storekeeper called before you can leave. "It looks like you really love your girlfriend so much." She took a Mickey Mouse beanie and handed it towards Baekhyun. "You can have this one for free." She smiled.

 

"Jeongmal?!" Baekhyun asked. The storekeeper nodded with a smile. "O-okay, thanks!" Baekhyun bowed several times before leaving the stall.

 

"Hey, the girl gave it to you so you should wear it." You said. "Oh! Wait." You stopped walking and removed the alien beanie from your head. You exchanged your beanie with Baekhyun's beanie. "The alien beanie fits you more." You teased as you wear the Mickey Mouse beanie.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and wore the beanie. "You're crazy~" He entwined his fingers with yours and both of you walked side by side.

__________________________________________________________________________

5:30 PM

You reached an empty park. The snow was still falling and you can't feel your feet anymore. You and Baekhyun were the only ones in the park. You ran to the side and lied down on the snow. "Ahh~!! Feels so good!" You closed your eyes as you feel the cold ground. "Baekhyun come here!" Baekhyun slowly walked towards you and lied beside you on the ground. "Let's rest first before we go home." You said as you looked up at the sky.

 

"Cheonsa.."

 

"Hm?" You can see Baekhyun staring at you from the corner of your eyes but you decided not to look at him to make the situation less awkward.

 

"What do you think of day twelve?" He asked.

 

"Um..it was great! I totally had fun despite the cold weather." You replied, still looking up.

 

Slowly, he took your right hand and played with the bracelet that he gave you. You were surprised by his abrupt action. But it felt like his touch was gradually making your heart melt. When you were sure that he wasn't looking at you anymore, you glanced at him. *That face, that perfect face.* You smiled by just looking at him.

 

"Don't ever remove this from your arm okay?" You nodded as if he could see your response. He stopped playing with your bracelet and intertwined his fingers with yours. "Promise me..." He paused for a second then continued "Promise me you won't forget our laughs, our jokes, our smiles, our conversations, our plans, our tears, our memories, our experiences, our friendship and..." He paused once again. *...Our love*

 

You looked at him. "And?"

 

He looked at you and squeezed your hand. "Just promise me you won't forget about all those, okay?"

 

Tears welled up in your eyes but you quickly looked up to prevent it from falling. "Yeah, yeah I-I promise." You bit your lip. "Can we go home now? I feel so tired and I just want to sleep already." You said as an excuse.

 

Baekhyun stood up, still holding your hand. He pulled you up gently. "Okay~"

 

You were on your way to the bus stop when you passed by a flower shop. "Just a minute.." Baekhyun dragged you inside the shop.

 

6:00 PM

"Good Evening ma'am, Good Evening sir!" The storekeeper greeted you. She was middle aged and her face was friendly. Baekhyun let go of your hand. You walked around and scanned the store.

 

"Eleven red roses." Baekhyun said.

 

The storekeeper nodded and went to get eleven red roses. She put it all together in a bouquet. "Is that all sir?" 

 

"Do you also sell fake flowers?" He asked.

 

The storekeeper shook her head with a frown. "Nope, but we do have fake flowers only for display."

 

"Oh, for display only?" Baekhyun sighed.

 

"Yeah, but, um, I can give you some if you really need it!" The woman offered. "What flower do you want sir?"

 

Baekhyun perked up. "A red rose. I just need one." He smiled.

 

"Here you go sir." The woman gave the fake rose to Baekhyun. "Thank you and don't forget to come back again~!" She smiled warmly at him.

 

"Cheonsa?" Baekhyun called.

 

You went out of the flower shop. "For you." He handed you the bouquet of red roses.

 

You warily took it. "Thanks~"

 

Then he gave you the last rose, the fake one. "Why is it separated from these ones?" You confusedly asked him while looking at the bouquet he gave you.

 

"That's the last rose. Twelve all in all." He explained.

 

"Then, why is the last one separated from the others?"

 

Baekhyun smiled. "Because I will love you, until the last rose dies."

 

A motorcycle passed by that caused you to not hear what Baekhyun said. You leaned in. "I'm sorry? I wasn't able to hear it because of that annoying motorcycle guy. Can you please say it again?" You asked.

 

Baekhyun shook his head with a smile. "Nevermind, just keep those flowers okay?" He pulled you by the hand. "Let's go!"