Chapter 40 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Forty 

 

"Yeah~" You let out a giggle. "I think she's enjoying the place as much as I do."

 

Minah pulled her luggage to the side. "There are only three rooms since the other one's being renovated."

 

"I'll be alone in my room!" Sungjong immediately said.

 

"Cheonsa will stay with me and you Baekhyun, you'll share the room with Ilhoon." Minah explained.

 

Baekhyun headed upstairs with his bag and Ilhoon followed. You stood up from the couch and took your bag. "Minah where is our room?" You asked tiredly.

 

"Oh, come let's go!" "Sungjong can you help me with my luggage it's a little heavy." Minah asked. You also went to help. The three of you arrived upstairs. "Cheonsa bring this to our room." She handed you her luggage. "Open the last door on the right. Here's the key." 

 

You pulled Minah's luggage and arrived infront of your room. "Can't wait to see how it looks like~" You tried to insert the key in the doorknob but it won't insert.

 

Suddenly a hand landed on top of yours. It was Ilhoon's hand. "Let me help you with that." He said as he took the key from you and inserted it in the doorknob. Click! The door was unlocked. "Here." He gave you back the key.

 

You gently took it. Ilhoon warily opened the door. You immediately poked your head inside. "Wow~!! Ilhoon look!!" You pulled him inside. "It's so beautiful!" You jumped on top of the bed. "Ahh~!! It's so fluffy!" You cackled. "Have you seen your room already?" You asked him.

 

"Nope, not yet the key is still with Minah." He said. "I'll just go and check if it's open already."

 

"Okay!" You beamed. You stopped jumping and your landed on the soft bed. "I'm so exhausted~" You whimpered. Slowly, you lied on the bed and drifted to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________

DAY 10

 

You woke up extra early the next day. You slowly went out of the bed because Minah was still asleep. You opened the curtains a little and you became perplexed. You looked at the clock. "It's just four o' clock, why is it so bright outside already?" You whisper to yourself. *I must be dreaming!* You squeezed your eyes then looked outside again. It was still the same. You hurried outside of the room and you saw Baekhyun coming out of his room.

 

"Hey, why are you up this early?" He asked.

 

*Early? Ah, it must be the clock in our room. Maybe it's not working properly.* You noticed that Baekhyun was wearing a digital wristwatch and you quickly looked at it. *4:05 AM - Friday* "No, Baekhyun your watch is not working properly..." You said to him. Baekhyun became confused. "Look! It says that it's still Friday today." 

 

You were expecting him to look at it but he didn't, instead, he snorted. "It's because it's really Friday today Cheonsa." He said.

 

But you won't believe him. "No! It's already Sunday today! Eight more days 'til my last day!" You fought.

 

"Cheonsa I think you're just hungry. Why don't we just go down and eat maybe it'll help you feel better." He said.The both of you went downstairs.

 

"I-I'll just go to the washroom." You excused yourself and headed to the washroom near the kitchen. Once you got in you made sure that the door was locked properly. You noticed that your necklace was glowing radiantly. "Luhan! Ren! What is happening?! Please, tell me!" You plead. "Luhan! Ren!" You repeated but your voice just echoed through the huge washroom.

 

You leaned on the cold wall and closed your eyes. You tried to communicate with them through your head but you remembered that you can't do anything anymore. Suddenly, "MASTER!" You gasped. 

 

*...If only I could stop the time...* 

*I want to show Baekhyun how fun life really is...*

 

You snapped out of your daze. "So, if it's really just Friday today then.....I still have ten more days!!" You smiled in glee. You jumped up and down and you can't help but squeal. "Thank you Master! I love you so much!" You faced the door and was about to go out when,

 

BAM!

 

The door opened and hit your forehead. "OW~!!" You went teary eyed. 

 

"Sorry!! I thought something bad happened to you because I heard you squealing.." Baekhyun said.

 

"I thought I locked the door properly too~" You winced as you rub your forehead.

 

"Come here, let me fix that." He pulled you to the kitchen. "Sit here." He took a stool from the mini bar. 

 

You sat on it. He put an ice cube in a clean cloth and tapped it gently on your bump. "Ow~" You grimaced. "Guess I have to learn how to lock a door properly next time." You uttered.

 

"Can you tell me why you were squealing in there?" 

 

*I can't tell him. He might think I'm lunatic or he might call me stupid again.* "I just er, I saw a uh, a cockroach. Yeah, a cockroach." You winced. "I-I'll just do it." You took the cloth from him and did it yourself. You inhaled then exhaled. "Baekhyun?"

 

"Yes?" He looked at you.

 

"Can we go out today?" He gave you a confused expression. "Please? Uh, can you show me around here in Jeolla?"

 

"Today?"

 

You wince as you nodded. "Yup, right at this minute." He gave you an are-you-even-aware-with-what-you're-saying look. Your shoulders deflated. "Please don't ask why anymore. I'm just asking you to do me a favor. Please, oppa?"

 

Baekhyun's eyes almost bulged out. "Arasso, arasso I'll do it just," He paused. "Don't do that again."

 

"Do what?" You smiled mischievously. "The 'oppa' thing? Huh? Oppa~ Oppa~ Oppa~"

 

He covered his ears. "Stop it or else I won't show you around!" He bawled. 

 

You raised your hands in defeat. "Okay, okay promise I won't do it again....oppa~" He let out a grunt and headed upstairs.

 

You wore a thick sweater with matching christmas designed mittens, a scarf and a cute pair of ugg boots. "Baekhyun! Are you not done yet?" You whispered to his closed door. *They say that girls are like that. It takes them a very long time before they get done with something. And seeing Baekhyun act like this makes me want to think that he's a girl.*

 

The door abruptly opened and you almost fell on the floor. "Can we go now?" You asked excitedly. 

 

The both of you went downstairs. Baekhyun looked at you and clucked his tongue. "What?" You blinked at him. He removed his blue beanie and put it on your head. He adjusted it so that it was covering half of your forehead. "So that it'll cover that bump on your forehead." He said and opened the door.

 

You followed him outside. "Wow~!" You went breathless when you saw the view outside. The sun was shining brightly but the snow was falling lightly at the same time. You passed by some children having fun while throwing snowballs at each other. And then there was Baekhyun who's watching them with sad eyes. *I know just the right thing to do!* 

 

You smiled and stopped in your tracks. Baekhyun kept walking. You picked up some snow, rolled it with your hands and threw it at the back of Baekhyun's head. 

 

He stopped walking. You went towards him and said "Why watch them if we can have more fun than that?" You looked at him but he didn't say anything. He didn't even look at you, he just continued walking. "Okay then, if you don't wanna have fun suit yourself! I'll have fun myself." You shouted as you sat on the cold snow.

 

Baekhyun looked back at you and walked. "Cheonsa, stand up." He said in a serious tone. You ignored him and kept playing with the snow. He tried pulling you up but ended up falling down instead.