Chapter 45 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Forty-Five 

7:30 PM

"Ugh~ I'm so hungry already!" You whimpered. "Where is Minah~?" You looked around the house for her but still, no Minah. Sungjong and Ilhoon were outside buying some groceries and Minah was nowhere to be found. You decided to go upstairs to see if she's inside your room but you found the room empty. Suddenly, you saw Baekhyun sitting at the balcony. 

 

"Hey Baekhyun!" You beamed. "What are you doing in here? Have you seen Minah?" You sat beside him and hugged your knees.

 

"I just wanted to breathe some fresh air and, nope I didn't." He looked at the sky.

 

You looked around and exhaled. "How come I don't know about this part of the house? It's so beautiful and refreshing and everything!" Baekhyun didn't respond and you immediately looked at him. "What's with the sky?" He didn't respond. So you just looked up. "Oh, wow~" You gasped when you saw an Orion's belt. "It's so beautiful! I didn't know we look so beautiful here on earth."

 

Baekhyun looked at you. "What do you mean?"

 

You raised a finger and pointed it upwards. "Those stars that you are looking at right now, that's us, angels." You smiled proudly. "So, if the day comes that I'm not with you guys anymore, just watch the sky and look for a star, the one that's near the brightest star and you'll see me." You traced the sky with your finger and smiled.

 

Baekhyun bowed his head. You looked at him. "I'm sure you need some time alone, sorry for disturbing you. I'll just go and look for Minah okay? Bye~" You were about to leave him when, "Cheonsa..." he suddenly called your name.

 

You went back and sat right infront of him. "What? Do you need anything?" You pursed your lips.

 

He faced you and heaved a deep sigh. "Can..." He paused then looked down again. You didn't say anything. You just sat there waiting for him to continue. He cleared his throat and looked back at you. 

 

You raised your brows. "Can?"

 

He sat up straight and began speaking. "Can I ask you something?" 

 

"Anything, what is it?" You leaned in and smiled.

 

"Before, you told me angels can fall in love right?"

 

You leaned on the railings. "Uh-huh~"

 

He looked around then looked back at you. He sighed before asking "Can they," He paused "can they fall in love with humans too?" 

 

You grew confused. "Hmm, no, they can't."

 

He sighed nervously. "Why?"

 

"Because it's unholy. It's forbidden, it's... how can I describe this um," You thought of it for a while then you continued "Angels plus Humans equals sin." You looked at him straight in the eye. "That's why Master forbade me from falling in love with you. He warned me about it before sending me here into your world." 

 

"Why? What will happen to you?" He pressed.

 

You grimaced. "I'll be punished, or worst, I'll go to.." You pointed downwards "...hell"

 

Baekhyun swallowed. "Uh, Cheonsa I-I'll..I'll just get something. P-promise I'll, I'll be back." He immediately stood up and ran towards his room.

 

You heard the slamming of the door and you quickly followed him. "Baekhyun?!" You knocked on his door. "Hey! Baekhyun!" You knocked again. "Open the door, please~" You yelled nervously.

 

"Not now Cheonsa..please.." He yelled back.

 

You noticed that his voice was hoarse. "Are you crying?!" You put your ears on the door so that you can hear him better.

 

"Just, just please leave me alone!" He cried.

 

You walked away teary eyed. *What did I do? Why did he cry all of a sudden? Why was he asking those kinds of questions?* You don't know why but you felt dizzy while you walk towards you room. You entered your room and lied on your bed.

_________________________________________________________________________

❅ Baekhyun's POV❅

 

"Baekhyun are you sure you don't want to eat dinner?" Minah asked.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sighed.

 

"Well, okay but can you please ask Cheonsa to go down and eat already?" 

 

I nod slowly. "Okay, sure."

 

I went upstairs and slowly opened Cheonsa's room door. I take a look inside and saw her sleeping peacefully. Warily, I crept towards her and kneeled beside her bed. I removed the hair that was covering her face. ".....I fell in love with you right when you said you'll be on this adventure with me." I smiled as I caress her angelic face. "Sorry Cheonsa, but I need to get away from you. It would be harder if my feelings for you grows more and more." I leaned in slowly and kissed her forehead. 

 

I felt her forehead and it was burning. *She's sick! But I really need to leave before she wakes up.* I bit my lip, slowly stood up and went outside of the room.

 

I packed my things at once and went downstairs. "Minah, Cheonsa's sick! She's upstairs, in your room."

 

Minah saw that my bag was with me. "Wait! What? Where will you go?! Why are you all packed up?" She grew confused.

 

"I need to go back to Seoul. Don't worry! I'll just ride the bus." I forced a smile and walked away.

 

"Hey! Baekhyun! Wait!" She scratched her head and headed upstairs.

 

❅ End of POV ❅

"Cheonsa!" Minah shook you gently. "Cheonsa wake up, you need to drink medicine to prevent that fever from getting severe."

 

You sat up slowly and rubbed your eyes. "Where's Baekhyun? Did he come out of his room already?!" You immediately asked.

 

"He told me that he needs to go back to Seoul. I don't know why but he was all packed up, it's like he's not gonna come back anymore. I don't know what came inside his mind that made him--"

 

You stood up and went out of the room. You hurried outside the house and you saw Baekhyun boarding a taxicab. "Baekhyun!! Wait!!" You tried go towards the car but you suddenly tripped on a huge rock. "Ow~!!" Your left knee was worn-out. But you have no time to go back inside the house and cure it. The cab was already two blocks away. You ran after it with sore knees. 

 

You ran, and ran.

 

"Baekhyun please!!" You yelled. "Don't leave me!!" You were running so fast that your necklace detached from your neck and fell on the ground. You continued running with all the strength left in you but since you were ill, you immediately fell on the cold ground. "Baekhyun....please....don't leave me..." And little by little, you fainted.

___________________________________________________________________________

"Eomma look!" Cheonsa pointed outside from the car window.

 

Bo Ah immediately placed her foot on the break. The car stopped. Cheonsa went out of the car and Bo Ah followed. She wiped snow off your face. "Cheonsa?!" Bo Ah gasped.

 

"Eomma! That's Cheonsa eonni! Why is she lying on the ground?! What happened to her?!" Cheonsa panicked. 

 

"I think she fainted." Bo Ah touched your forehead. "She has a very high fever!" She carried you with all her might and lied you on the back seat. "Cheonsa let's go! We'll bring her home!" Bo Ah shouted as she sat on the drivers seat.

 

"Wait Mom!" Cheonsa found a glowing object buried under the snow. She knelt down and dig it up and saw your necklace. "This is eonni's necklace!!" Her eyes rounded in surprise. 

 

"Cheonsa~! Hurry up!" Bo Ah yelled. Cheonsa stood up from the ground and went inside the car.