Chapter 32 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Thirty-Two 

 

You were busy playing with Sungjong's phone when you heard "All I Want for Christmas is you"  blasting from the stereo downstairs. You peeked outside a little and saw Sooyoung dancing to the music like a little kid. "When will I ever see Baekhyun dancing like that?" You scrunch your nose and headed downstairs. "I've been watching you from upstairs and I can say that you're really good at dancing." You gave her an eye-smile.

 

"Oh gosh! I know I look hilarious! Forgive me. I can't help but dance everytime I hear this song!!" Her cheeks went red.

 

You giggled. "No, of course you don't! What's that song anyway?"

 

"It's All I Want For Christmas is you by Mariah Carey. I really like her! How about you? Who's your favorite singer and what's your favorite song?"

 

You looked down. "But...I only know one song, I don't even know who sang that song!" You whisper to yourself.

 

"Come again?" She leaned in forward when suddenly the door opened and Baekhyun came in. 

 

"Hi!" You happily greeted him. You're trying to find an escape from Sooyoungs' questions and you are very hopeful that it will work.

 

Baekhyun heaved a sigh before greeting you back "Hi." with a plain "Hi." You smiled.

 

"It's already 7:30! Almost 8! Why are you so late?" Sooyoung blurted out.

 

"We did some decorating and stuff." Baekhyun answered while placing his backpack on the couch.

 

"For what?" Sooyoung pressed.

 

"For the holidays." He threw himself on the couch.

 

You immediately went to the kitchen to get a glass of cold water. "Here, drink first." You sat beside him and handed it to him. *Why am I like this? Why am I trembling? Is it because of my dream? Why~?* You stood up and said "I'll just go upstairs. Just, you know, call me if you need anything." You gave a wry smile before heading off to Baekhyun's room. You shut the door and sat on your bed. "God~ Help me, please?"

 

You opened the curtains and looked outside. "How come there are no stars tonight?" You pouted. The door creaked open and Baekhyun came inside. The room was filled with silence. "Er, uh..sh-should I leave? Er, do you need some time alone? Er--"

 

"Anio, it's okay." He sat on a small chair and faced the study table. He opened a thick book, bit his lip, then closed the book again. "Cheonsa..."

 

Your heart dropped when you heard his voice. You immediately closed the curtain and stood up. "Yes? what? Do you need something? What do you nee--"

 

He stood up. "No!! Stop stuttering will you?!" He heaved a sigh. "I just wanna say thank you...for the other night. Thank you for letting me see my parents. But, why did you give me your necklace?" 

 

You looked down. "Sorry. I, er, asked you to wear it so that you'll be able to talk to your parents. So that you can be with them even just for a while." You smiled meekly.

 

"But you didn't have to do that! It's enough that I see them. Minah told me that you fainted!" He almost shouted.

 

*Why is he like this all of a sudden? Because I helped him? Wow. I don't think I like that. He's just doing this as a sign of thanks? But it's okay though, atleast he appreciates what I do now.*

 

"Cheonsa!" He shook you. He was just one step apart from you now. 

 

You fall back a little. "Oh! S-sorry. You were saying?"

 

He clucked his tongue. "I was asking you how you feel right now because Minah told me that you fainted right after giving me your necklace!"

 

"Oh~ Of-of course I'm okay." Suddenly, Minah entered the room. The both of you looked at her. "Hey, uh, Baekhyun I need you to drain the pool."

 

Baekhyun went out of the room and you exhaled. Minah looked at you curiously. "Is there any problem?"

 

You raised your brows and bit your lip. "Nah, everything's, uh, okay." You forced a smile.

 

Minah smiled back. "Come! I'll show you something." She pulled you downstairs and brought you outside.

 

You covered your mouth in a gape. "This is wonderful!" You hugged Minah and started jumping around.

 

"That is what you, I mean, we call snow." She said.

 

"Snow? Is this like ice cream from heaven?!" You opened your mouth while happily running in circles. 

 

"Hey!!" Minah stopped you. "You're not supposed to eat that!"

 

You spit it out and giggled at yourself. "Sorry!!"

 

Baekhyun went towards you and Minah. "Why is it so early?" He asked looking up.

 

Minah shrugged. "Dunno. Maybe it's an early blessing." Minah pulled you back inside the house. "Let's go back inside! You might catch cold."

 

*Blessing?* Baekhyun thought. *Why are people so weird?* He rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him.

 

You dusted snow off your head and your fingers. "Mmm! Ice cream!" You wiggled purposefully. Minah and Baekhyun looked at you as if you were some kind of a weird alien. Minah laughed. You immediately looked at Baekhyun, waiting for his reaction. Your heart fainted when you saw the tip of his lips lift up a little. *That's right Baekhyun, smile.* 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

You were inside Minah's room with Sooyoung. She was already deciding on what clothes to bring for her Paris trip. While you, you were busy admiring the snow outside. "Are you gonna come with us to the airport?" Sooyoung asked.

 

You turned your attention to her. "Air...port?"

 

She zipped the front pocket of her red luggage. "Yes, airport. I'm going to go to Paris, right?"

 

There was a long pause before you finally answered. "Yes?" Another pause. "Y-yes, I am." You let out a giggle.

 

"Well then you better take a nap because we'll be leaving in three hours. We still have to drop by Chanyeol's house."

 

"Really?"

 

She nodded with a smile. "Okay~" You stood up. "Goodnight Sooyoung~" You said as you twist the door knob. "Goodnight Cheonsa."

 

You exhaled and went to your room.You saw Baekhyun sleeping peacefully. *He could be an Angel.* You thought to yourself and you felt your lips curving into a smile. You squeezed your cheeks. *What in the world am I doing?* You scowled and jumped on your bed. "How am I going to turn the lights off?" You whisper to yourself. *Hope this works.* You crossed your fingers and whispered. "Off." And to your relief the lights went off. "Wow." You almost shouted. After a few minutes or so, you went to dreamland.