Chapter 58 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Fifty-Eight

 

As soon as you woke up the next morning, you headed to the kitchen and a smiling Baekhyun greeted you. He was sitting beside Sooyoung while busy eating breakfast. "Hey, good morning Cheonsa!" Sooyoung greeted. You smiled as a reply and sat beside Sungjong, across Baekhyun. "Your boyfriend feels well now." Sooyoung nudged you on your side. "His nurse did a great job!" She winked.

 

You looked at Baekhyun. "That's good."

 

"Yeah," he smiled "thanks for sleeping beside me last night."

 

Sooyoung gasped and looked at you. "Cheonsa?!"

 

You fidget in your seat. "I-I just did that 'cause er," You forced yourself to stop stuttering, so that it won't look like you did that on thing on purpose. "'cause he was shivering." You looked down.

 

"But there are other things that you can do other than that. You can turn the aircon off or you can get some extra blanket and wrap it around him right?"

 

You don't know how to answer that, so you just glanced at Baekhyun for help and he immediately responded. "Well um, Cheonsa's just like that. She's very sweet and very caring and yeah, that's why."

 

"Aw, that's so cute." She smiled. "Oh! By the way, after we eat our lunch, we'll go straight to the shopping district here in Jeolla arasso? We'll be having a christmas shopping."

 

All of you nodded and continued to eat your breakfast.

__________________________________________________________________

"Are you sure you're not gonna come?" Baekhyun asked as he smoothed his coat.

 

He'd been asking the same question over and over again and of course your answer was still the same. "No." You raised Sungjong's cellphone. "I'm trying to memorize something, stop disturbing me."

 

He leaned in to see what was on the screen but you quickly stood up from the couch. "What're you memorizing?"

 

"It's a secret."

 

Sooyoung and Chanyeol arrived downstairs. "Baekhyun are you ready?" Baekhyun nodded. "Cheonsa, are you sure you're just gonna stay here and wait for us? It's boring in here and I'm not so sure what time we're gonna come back."

 

"Ne, it's okay. I'm okay." You gave her an assuring smile. "I'm just gonna stay here and wait for you."

 

Sooyoung shrugged. "Okay then, Baekhyun tell Sungjong to hurry up. We need to leave early so that we'll be able to go back early too." Baekhyun nodded and ran upstairs. Sooyoung and Chanyeol went out of the house. You sat back on the couch.

 

"Cheonsa, make sure that all the doors are locked okay? Don't worry, you're not going to be alone. Mirae and my good folks are here with you." He smiled.

 

"I'm not so sure about that Sungjong you're giving me goosebumps." You rubbed your arms.

 

He ruffled your hair. "And also, make sure that you're gonna take good care of my cellphone. Remember! You're not allowed to open that thing with a white envelope arasso?"

 

"Yeah, yeah." You nodded.

 

His expression suddenly went glum. "I'm so sorry Cheonsa. I would really love to stay here in the house with you but you know, it's hard 'cause they're gonna go shopping and they're gonna buy lots of stuff and the food-"

 

"I'm completely fine with all of that, okay?" You said as you cupped his face. "Now go! They're waiting for you!"

 

Sungjong smiled and headed for the door. "Bye Cheonsa!"

 

The door clicked. You exhaled. "Finally!" You rolled your eyes and continued memorizing again. "Hajiman bom yeoreumgwa gaeul gyeoul..."

 

According to Sooyoung, Baekhyun likes the song very much. So, you're really trying your best to be busy with just one thing and that is: To memorize the song. You may not be able to sing it as good as Minkyung did, but it really doesn't bother you. Being the Angel of Happiness, you need to stay positive all the time even if the environment around you gives you negative vibes.

 

You will try your very best to be able to give Baekhyun the greatest gift he will ever receive.

__________________________________________________________________

Not an hour long after they left, you heard a small knock on the door. You tried not to notice it at first but the person continued knocking. "Aish, this person is so importunate!" You growled as you headed for the door. You slowly opened it and Baekhyun came walked past you with his hands in his coat pocket. "Ya! Why are you here? Did you forget something?" You closed the door and followed him.

 

He threw himself on the couch and looked at you. "I asked them to drop me back here."

 

You sat down beside him. "Why? I thought you're okay already."

 

"Yeah, I am. But I can't stand a boring christmas shopping."

 

"Boring? How did you know that it's gonna be boring when you haven't even arrive yet?" You raised your eyebrow.

 

He looked at you with lazy eyes. "I already knew it when you told me that you're not gonna come."

 

"Just because "The Angel of Happiness" didn't come along with you doesn't mean it's gonna be boring." You did quotation marks in the air.

 

Baekhyun shrugged. "Well, I think it is." He sat up straight. "Wait, why are you like that? Don't you like it that I came back here just to be with you?" He snapped.

 

"I don't." You rolled your eyes. He remained silent. You looked at him and ruffled his hair. "Just kidding. But hey, isn't it more boring if you just stay here in the house not doing anything? 'Cause this early I'm telling you, I wouldn't want to be disturbed the whole day. I'm busy."

 

He leaned on the couch and looked at you with cheerful eyes. "Fine. I'm just gonna sit here and stare at you the whole day so that it won't be boring. Will that disturb you?"

 

You avoided his eyes and swallowed. "Well, if you'll stare at me like that then yes, it will definitely disturb me." He just continued staring at you. "Baekhyun, seriously.." You narrow your eyes at him. He didn't budge. "Okay then, guess I'll just have to go and stay inside my room." You were about to stand up when "Arasso, arasso!" He grabbed the remote. "I'm just gonna watch the television." He opened the television. You took your headphones and placed it in your ears.

 

You grabbed the opportunity to look at him fully. Seeing Baekhyun do all of this makes your heart sad. Baekhyun kept on telling you over and over again to stop reminding him about your remaining days because he doesn't want to torture himself and be sad everyday. But what he doesn't know is that, you feel two times miserable than him.

 

You kept thinking of the times when you still have the opportunity to spend time with him and be happy and why you didn't seize it.

 

You can't help but to hate yourself whenever you thought of the time that you wasted, focusing on other things, and not being able to spend time with Baekhyun. Why you spent a lot of time asking yourself if that's what you really feel for him even when your heart and mind says yes, and why you kept on forcing yourself to stop loving Baekhyun just because you were afraid of the fact that you're going to be punished if you fall in love with him.

 

Now that it's too late, you're trying to make the days worth spending and forcing yourself to stop thinking about the remaining days left. Because you're afraid to face the reality that after these twenty days, you'll have to leave the person who made you feel in love once again, the person who taught you not to give up easily and the person whom you loved and cherished with your whole heart.