Chapter 59 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Fifty-Nine

 

You stretched on the couch. "Finally!" You exhaled.

 

"Finally what?" Baekhyun asked as he sat beside you.

 

"I'm done memorizing!" You wiggled your eyebrows.

 

"Memorizing what?"

 

"I said...it's a secret!"

 

"Oh come on! Why won't you tell me?!" He yelped.

 

"Because......it's a secret! Simple as that." You smiled.

 

"Okay." Baekhyun leaned on the couch and watched the television.

 

"Don't be mad," You placed Sungjong's phone on the center table and faced Baekhyun. He didn't look at you. You sighed. "Hey..." "Remember when Minah introduced me to Sooyoung as your girlfriend?"

 

Baekhyun scoffed. "Yeah, what about it?"

 

You smiled, knowing that he's not mad at you. "What did you feel about it?"

 

"Annoyed." He replied effortlessly.

 

There was a pang in your heart when you heard him say that, but that was before so you quickly shook the thought off. "Me too." You answered. He looked at you. "But when Sungjong explained everything to me I understood why Minah had to do that."

 

"Why? What did he tell you?"

 

"He told me that if Sooyoung finds out about me being an angel, she will tell the whole Korea about it and I won't be able to do my mission. And he also warned me about Sooyoung getting mad. He told me that it feels like hell and hell is scary, I mean no one would want to feel like they're in hell." You pouted.

 

Baekhyun sighed. "Yeah, that's true."

 

You noticed that he was feeling upset with the topic so you decided to think of a new one. "Oh! Remember that time when we went shopping with Sooyoung and you punched the standee in the face?" You can't help but laugh as you think of it.

 

He narrowed his eyes at you. "Yeah, 'cause you asked me to prove you whether it's real or not."

 

You chuckled. "I miss those dumb times."

 

Baekhyun faced you. "Yeah, and it knowing that it won't happen again."

 

You tried to ignore his reply. "Are you happy?" You looked into his eyes, hoping for a good answer.

 

"Do I look happy?" He looked at you.

 

You sighed and place your hand on top of his. "Just because you're unhappy doesn't mean you can't laugh at funny things and marvel at beautiful things and enjoy happy moments. You can still do happy things even if you're unhappy." You tried to brighten up his mood.

 

"Can you do that?" He asked you.

 

You paused for a moment and looked down. The answer is, no. But you have no choice, but to prove to him that you're one brave angel. "Of course I can! I'm the Angel of Happiness!" You forced a smile.

___________________________________________________________

"Cheonsa we're home~!!" Sooyoung announced as they entered the house. All of them were holding shopping bags.

 

You gasped when you saw them. "Wow! That's a lot."

 

"Yeah, they're on sale that's why. Wait, how about you? You missed the fun."

 

"No, it's okay. Baekhyun had a movie marathon and I busied myself in memorizing the song. And guess what?"

 

"What?"

 

"I'm ready to sing it to him!" You said proudly.

 

"Wow! Jeongmal?! That's good! How about, you sing it to me later?"

 

"Okay, sure!" You gave her an eyesmile.

 

"Oh, hey Cheonsa look! I bought you something!" She took one of the shopping bags and pulled out a cute dress. "This is for you." She smiled as she handed it to you.

 

You felt the smooth dress in your hands. "Thank you eonni!" You hugged her.

 

She hugged you back. "You're welcome Cheonsa!" She smiled. "Now, why don't you go plan for tomorrow's event?"

 

You nodded. "Ah, yes!" You headed to your room.

 

You locked the door and fitted the dress. You stood infront of the mirror and admired your reflection. "Angel Cheonsa~"  You whispered with a smile.

 

Suddenly, you heard a knock on the door. You quickly changed into your outfit before and slowly opened the door. "Minah.."

 

"Did Sooyoung give you the dress already?" She asked.

 

You nodded. "Yes, actually I was trying it on that's why I locked the door."

 

"How's it?"

 

"It's so cute! And it fits me just right." You smiled.

 

"Oh! Cheonsa, are you aware of what's gonna happen tomorrow?"

 

"Yeah, it's Baekhyun's birthday. Sooyoung told me the other day and I already have a surprise gift for him."

 

"Jinjja? What gift?"

 

"Sorry Minah, it's a secret." You giggled.

 

She smiled as she held your hands. "It's okay. I'm sure Baekhyun will really appreciate it. Especially because it's your gift." She winked.

 

"Yeah, I hope he does." You pursed your lips.

 

You spent the whole night planning and preparing yourself on what to do for Baekhyun's birthday. You tried your best to stay awake, but ended up falling asleep.