Chapter 60 ♡

My Mission: 20 days to make Byun Baekhyun smile

 

Chapter Sixty

 

DAY 18

 

"Cheonsa! Wake up Cheonsa!" Minah whispered as she gently shook you.

 

You slowly opened your eyes and rubbed it. You let out a grunt. "Why? What's wrong?"

 

Minah just widened her eyes at you. "Cheonsa, really." You sat up slowly and that's when it occured to you, *Baekhyun's birthday!* You quickly looked at the clock. 12:05 AM. "Merry christmas Cheonsa~!" Minah said with a smile.

 

"Wait, did you even sleep?"

 

"Nope. It has been my hobby to stay up all night until christmas comes and yeah, looks like I'm the only one who did. I visited their rooms one by one and they were all peacefully sleeping. Look, even the birthday boy's in deep slumber." She pointed her lips towards Baekhyun who was sleeping on the couch beside your bed.

 

"Woah~ Merry christmas to you too Minah!" You smiled as you hug her tight.

 

"Do you wanna help me prepare before we wake them all up?"

 

"Yeah, sure!" You stood up slowly and tied your hair in a bun. You headed downstairs with Minah. This is the day you've been waiting for. You felt a different kind of delight as you walk down the stairs. Minah went to the kitchen and you followed.

 

"Cheonsa please fix the table while I prepare the food."

 

You immediately followed. You took a small rag and started wiping the whole glass table. You didn't stop until you saw your own reflection in it. "Clean!" You chuckled and started placing the plates and other utensils. Six plates, six pairs of utensils, six wine glasses. You did everything as quick as possible. Minah started placing some food on the table and the smell made your stomach growl.

 

This is the first time that you'll be spending christmas day with a family and you feel really happy about it. Especially because what you're gonna celebrate today is not just chistmas but also, Baekhyun's birthday.

 

"Good morning Eomma, Good morning Cheonsa! Merry christmas!" Sooyoung hugged both you and Minah. "Oh, let me help!" Sooyoung started helping Minah decorate the table with knitted red and green placemats that they bought the other day.

 

"Um, ajumeoni, I'm just gonna go clean the living room."

 

"Cheonsa, wait!" Sooyoung blurted out. You looked at her and raised your eyebrows. She turned to her Mom. "Eomma, is it okay if I, you know, give her a makeover first? It's his boyfriend's birthday today I want her to look perfect!"

 

"Oh, yeah! Of course! That's not a problem." Minah smiled.

 

"Thanks!" She kissed her on the cheeks before dragging you upstairs to her room.

 

Chanyeol was still sleeping soundly when you entered the room. "You know, your boyfriend's really tall. Just like Yuri's boyfriend." You whispered.

 

"Really? Maybe that's why we're best friends. We have the same type." Sooyoung giggled.

 

"So, why are we here?"

 

"We're here because I'm giving you a," She made you sit infront of a huge mirror. "makeover." She smiled.

 

"Makeover?"

 

"Yup, makeover for your boyfriend's birthday."

 

You shrugged. "Okay~" *I have no idea what she's gonna do with me, but I trust her so yeah, it's okay.*

 

"Shall we start?" She asked.

 

"Nae!"

 

Sooyoung made you take a quick wash and did what she needed to do. Foundation, Lipgloss, Blush, Eyeshadow, Mascara, Eyeliner and braided hair. You opened your eyes slowly and looked at your reflection in the mirror. You swallowed. For once, you felt like you're not an Angel. Not the Angel of Happiness that you used to be. But, a human being. A person, a different person who definitely fits in this beautiful world. Not Angel Cheonsa, but just, Cheonsa...

 

"God, you're so perfect!" Sooyoung gasped. "Cheonsa you look like an angel!!" She covered in a gape.

 

*Sooyoung, I am.* You wanted to tell her. But, you shook it off and just admired yourself right now. It really is perfect. *How I wish I can be like this forever. How I wish I would always feel like I'm just a simple human being. Like Baekhyun, Minah, Sooyoung. Like everyone else in this world! How I wish I could be Cheonsa, just Cheonsa, forever.*

 

"Hey, are you okay? Don't you like it?" Sooyoung squeezed your shoulders.

 

You looked at her in the mirror and forced a smile. "Anio, it's perfect Sooyoung. I like it very much. Thank you!" You stood up and hugged her. "Thank you for making me this beautiful."

 

She hugged you back. "Even if you're not wearing all those, you still look perfect!" She said. You broke the hug. "Now, wear the dress I gave you while I go wake Baekhyun up. He needs to see this!"

 

You nodded and headed to your room. You took the paper bag that Sooyoung gave you last night and went inside the comfort room to wear the beautiful dress.

 

"Perfect!" You spun around. "I look so beautiful!" You giggled silently as you fix your necklace that totally matched with your outfit. You slowly opened the door and peeked outside. Baekhyun was out of his bed and the room door was closed. You quickly went outside of the comfort room and locked the bed room door. Just when you're about to fix Baekhyun's bed, you heard a knock on the door. "Cheonsa?"

 

The voice belonged to Sungjong so you immediately opened the door. "Hey, come in faster!" You pulled him inside the room. "I'm not ready to face Baekhyun yet!" You said.

 

"Wow! Damn it, you look magnificent!" He covered his mouth in agape.

 

"Thanks Sungjong, merry christmas!" You smiled.

 

"Merry christmas to you too!" He smiled back. Suddenly, his expression went glum. "Are you really happy?" He placed his hands on top of your shoulders.

 

"Of course I am! It's christmas!"

 

He raised his brows. "No, you're not."

 

You removed his hands on your shoulders and sat on the bed. "What're you saying? Of course I'm happy! I mean, who wouldn't be? Today is the day when everyone should be happy because it's Jesus Christ's birthday!"

 

He sat beside you. "Even if there's only two days left?" Sungjong asked.

 

That shut you up. Yes, it's Christmas and you're happy. You're happy because it's a very special holiday and you get to spend it with a family that sees you as a part of their family and a family that loves you so much. But what about your mission? What about your twenty days here on Earth? Does it make you happy knowing that you only have two days left to spend with the family that you love? Two days left to do your mission? Two days left to spend with the guy you fell for?

 

Definitely, NO...

 

"If I tell you that I'm trying my best to be happy, does that count?"

 

Sungjong looked at you with pitiful eyes. "Promise me you'll enjoy this day. You're mission is to make my cousin happy right? Well, he's happy when you're happy so you should be!" He shook you. "Promise me, okay?"

 

"...I promise." You smiled. He hugged you. "Thank you Angel Cheonsa~"