Chapter 7 – The Part-time Model and The Vice-President

Red Fountain Academy Series

After the ceremony, Esther and her friends went to their booths. Esther, Mook and Mild are members of the Art Club.

“Bee!” Esther loudly said when they get inside the booth.

“I’m so excited about the cruise!” a tall and handsome gay loudly said.

Name: Korawit Boonsri aka Bee

Description: The Handsome Gay

“CEO March is so generous.” Esther said.

“Hey! Instead of chatting. Why don’t you help us attract more members? The Dance Club’s Booth is already packed even though we just started.” Mild said.

“How can’t it be packed when they have Oaujun, Kang, Nachjaree and Alice?” another gay said but with one look he doesn’t look gay at all.

Name: Atthaphan Poonsawas aka Gun

Description: The Cute Gay

“They cheated. Alice and Oaujun mentioned that they are members of Dance Club.” Esther said.

“Did you even listen to the ceremony a while ago?” Gun asks. “Oaujun and Alice never mentioned that.”

“They didn’t? I thought I heard it.” Esther said.

“That’s when they introduced Prof. Four.” Gun said.

“Oh…” Esther said.

Just then, Thorn, Mike and Aom came.

“Do you have the application form for the fund?” Thorn asks.

“Yes. Here it is.” Bee said while giving the paper to Thorn.

“Only 5 members?” Mike asks.

“Yes. Is there something wrong?” Bee asks.

“You need at least to be 6 members or your club will be remove after a week.” Thorn said.

“What?! That can’t be!” Esther said. “Did you plan this, Thorn?”

“It is President Tao’s order.” Thorn said.

“I don’t believe in you. You’re trying to get even with me because I can’t still accept you.” Esther said.

“I don’t involve my personal problems to my work in student council.” Thorn said.

“Esther, if you don’t believe us, you can go and talk to President Tao for yourself. We are only doing our job. Besides, if you want to save your club, approach the new students, not sitting inside the booth while your club members are under the heat trying to recruit new members.” Aom said.

“Are you trying to have a fight with me, huh?” Esther said.

“Esther, haven’t you forgotten that Aom is a member of student council? If you try to have a fight with a student council, you will be punish.” Mike said.

“I’m sorry about my friend. It is so hot today that her head doesn’t work well.” Bee said to them.

“But-”

“Go now. You will make our club instantly remove.” Bee whispered to her.

Esther went back inside the booth.

“We will get new members so we can save our club.” Bee said.

“Good.” Mike said.

The three left.

“What’s wrong with you? If you have a problem with Vice-President Thorn, don’t drag the club!” Gun said to Esther.

“But it is true! We are doing great even just 5 of us but now they are going to remove our club because of that. It is his fault!” Esther said.

“Esther, please. Instead of blaming everyone, why don’t you just go out and recruit new members?” Bee said.

“Fine.” Esther said and go out.

……………………………………………………

“Esther really changed.” Aom said. “She wasn’t like that before.”

“It is because of me.” Thorn said.

“That’s why you need to cherish a girl. Look at me and Aom.” Mike said.

“You never get jealous to anyone?” Thorn asks.

“Well, except to her friend Tina.” Mike said.

“What’s wrong with Tina?” Aom asks.

“A tom.” Mike said. “And she’s your roommate. Oh! Also your ex.”

“We had a past but Tina and I are just friends. She has a girlfriend now.” Aom said.

“But still you two are roommates.” Mike said.

“Urrgghh! So?” Aom said.

“If she has a girlfriend, why don’t she share a room with her?” Mike asks.

“Because she is not studying here. For your information, Nanan is also our roommate. You make it sound like we are the only two in the room.” Aom said.

“Nanan is a tom.” Mike said.

“And so?” Aom said.

“Guys, cut it out. You are fighting.” Thorn said.

“Sorry.” Mike said. “That’s why you need to cherish a girl. Just like me.”

“That wasn’t I saw.” Thorn said.

Their conversation got cut when Jes came.

……………………………………………………

“Join the Art Club. This is a fun club.” Esther said while handing out the flyers.

“I would love to join the Drama Club because of P’Keerati.” a girl said.

“I want to join the Film Club because of P’Puttichai and P’Nichkhun.” Another girl said.

“I want to join the Dance Club because of P’Cherreen.” A guy said.

“Kids, joining a club means you are interested in the club not to the members. And so if the ambassadress is the president of Drama Club. And so if the ambassador is the president of the Film Club. And so if a Korean idol is a member of Film Club. And so if a Korean Idol’s sister is in the Dance Club. You must have interest in the club you are joining.” Esther said to the three new students. “How about Art Club?”

“We are not interested in art.” The new students said and left.

“Yah! Then don’t join any club at all!” Esther said.

“Esther Supreleela!” Bee shouts.

“What?” Esther asks.

“You are not helping.” Bee said. “Why don’t you get us some snacks?”

“Ok. Mook, come with me.” Esther said.

“Ok.” Mook said.

……………………………………………………

The two went to the nearest convenient store outside the school.

“Welcome to-” the guy standing behind the cashier said and stops when he knows who enter the store.

“Hi, Singto!” Esther greets.

“Hi, Esther!” the guy said.

Name: Prachaya Ruangroj aka Singto

Description: The Working Student

“Why are you here?” Esther asks.

“After the ceremony, I went here. My parents left and no one will watch the store so I volunteer.” Singto said.

“Lucky for you. Me? I need to be under the sun to recruit new members for the club or else our club will be remove.” Esther said.

“You will get a new member.” Singto said.

“How about your club? Is it ok not help them?” Mook asks.

“I already talked to New and he let me skip this day.” Singto said.

“Wow… You’re lucky to have very nice Club President. Bee is a worst Club President although he is my friend.” Esther said.

“Bee is the best Club President for me. Members are just quitting because they can’t take it every time you and Keerati are fighting.” Mook said.

“How can’t we fight? Drama Club should do their own props so I and Keerati don’t need to fight.” Esther said.

Art Club is in charge of props of Drama Club including costumes and make-up.

Mook took some snacks and drinks and bring it on the cashier.

“But Drama Club help us in return.” Mook said.

“Whatever.” Esther said.

After paying the snacks and drinks, they went back to their booth.

……………………………………………………

They are walking pass the Drama Club’s Booth and they notice that the Drama Club members are giving free snacks and drinks to the students who will join their club.

“Drama Club can beat Dance Club it comes to attracting students.” Mook said.

“They are giving free snacks and drinks so it is not surprising if they attract new students.” Esther said. “Oi! Fern! That’s cheating!”

Fern saw them who is busy handing out flyers.

“It wasn’t cheating. It is a strategy.” Fern said who walks towards them.

“Where did you get the money for the snacks and drinks?” Esther asks.

“It came from our left over money last year. Remember we had a Charity Project called ‘Give a Gift’? The left over money from that project, we used it now to buy snacks and drinks.” Fern said.

“Whatever. Where are your president and vice-president?” Esther asks.

“Trying to pick a fight, huh?” Fern said.

“No! I am just asking because you are working hard while she isn’t there to help you. Our Club President is working hard right now.” Esther said.

“Except you.” Mook said.

Esther glares at Mook.

“You should take a rest, Fern. You look pale.” Mook said.

“I’m fine. I’ll just finish handing out these flyers then I will take a rest.” Fern said.

“Ok. I’m going back to our booth.” Mook said.

“Me too.” Fern said.

“I’ll catch you up later, Mook. I’ll just go to the rest room.” Esther said.

The truth is, she doesn’t want to go back to the booth. She wants to be alone.

……………………………………………………

The academy is crowded of students, new students, parents and visitors. Esther wants to be alone. Then, she remembered her favourite place.

She went to Green Fountain Paradise.

Esther doesn’t know that her favourite place is actually the secret garden that also Gypsy’s favourite place.

It is her favourite place because the beautiful flowers can calm herself. As if she is forgetting her problems for a while.

“I’m gonna miss this place after I’m gone.” Esther said.

Esther doesn’t want to go to Malaysia to study. She wants to study here but their status don’t allow her. Her sister is also a student of Red Fountain Academy and if she study here for college, their money won’t be enough.

“If only I am rich as Keerati.” Esther said.

Esther doesn’t admit it but she is envious of Gypsy because Gypsy has everything. Money, popularity, smart, beautiful, y… everyone loves her.

Esther even remembered the first time she saw her.

……………………………………………………

Esther was a 1st year high school student. She is excited to enter Red Fountain Academy. Lucky for her, she passed the scholarship exam. She just need to work hard to pay for the dormitory.

She is waiting for the elevator when the girls around her are starting to run towards the door. She got bumped and her luggage opened. Her clothes scattered on the floor. The girls don’t mind her that they keep on running and stepping on her clothes.

“Keerati is here. Oh my!” one of the girls said.

“Keerati?” Esther said.

She stands up and look at the girl entering the dormitory. She has this aura like a celebrity.

“Who is she?” Esther asks.

“Don’t you know her? She is Gypsy Keerati Mahapreukpong. Her family is the owner of this academy. She is famous in Primary Town for being a talented musical actress. And now she is here. She will surely be a famous musical actress here.” The girl said.

“So, it was your fault why my clothes got dirtied.” Esther whispered.

……………………………………………………

From that day on, Esther showed to Gypsy that not everyone likes her.

“I’d better go back.” Esther said.

Esther is leaving the Green Fountain Paradise when Thorn saw her and drag her back inside the Green Fountain Paradise.

“Let me go.” Esther said.

Thorn released her hand.

“Let’s talk.” Thorn said.

“No.” Esther said.

“This will be our last year.” Thorn said.

“I don’t care if this is our last year or end of the world. I will not going to talk to you.” Esther said.

She starts to walk away.

“I’m leaving Thailand in four months.” Thorn said.

She stops walking.

Both of them are silent for seconds.

“I-” Thorn was about to say anything when his cellphone rings.

“Yes, President Tao?” Thorn said.

She starts walking fast.

……………………………………………………

Thorn went to see Tao.

“I just talked to CEO March about the cruise. Unfortunately, the camping must be first.” Tao said but Thorn is not listening. His mind is occupied.

“Vice-President Thorn? Thorn?” Tao called him.

“Huh?” Thorn said.

“What’s wrong?” Tao asks.

“I told her that I am leaving.” Thorn said.

“And?” Tao asks.

“You called! I didn’t get a chance to explain to her.” Thorn said.

“I’m sorry.” Tao said. “What can I do to help you?”

“It’s ok. I will tell her some other time.” Thorn said.

……………………………………………………

Esther went to the Drama Club.

“Well. Well. Well. Look who’s here. I wonder what a Wanna-be-Model doing in my club.” Wawa said.

“Wanna-be-model? Then, what do you call yourself? A Wanna-be-Actress? I wonder if you ever get a main role. You’re always gets extra role.” Esther said.

Wawa’s eyes widened of anger.

“What?!!!” Wawa yells.

“Knock it out, P’Maripha. You’re scaring other students.” Gypso said.

“What are you doing here?!” Wawa yells at Esther.

“I’m looking for Mario.” Esther said.

“He’s not here. He took Pimchanok to the clinic.” Wawa said.

“What happened to Fern?” Esther asks.

“We don’t know. Maybe she got sick of working hard while the president of the club is being lazy.” Wawa said.

Esther walks out and went to the clinic. She just barged in the room where Fern is.

“Esther!” Mario and Fern were surprised.

“What happened to you? Why are you here? Did Keerati let you worked hard under the sun?” Esther asks.

“I’m fine. It is just menstrual cramp.” Fern said.

“Why did she let you work if you have menstrual cramp? Oh! I’m gonna kill her!” Esther is mad.

“Esther, cool down.” Mario said.

“Anyway, did you went to our booth? How did you found out that I am here?” Fern asks.

“Maripha told me.” Esther said.

“And what are you doing to our booth?” Fern asks.

“I am looking for Mario.” Esther said.

“Me? Why?” Mario asks.

“Did you know that Thorn will be leaving Thailand?” Esther asks.

“No. Did he tell you that?” Mario asks.

“Yes but he got interrupted when President Tao called.” Esther said.

“He didn’t said anything about it.” Mario said. “Maybe it is his strategy to accept his apology.”

“Aish! If he thinks that I will feel pity to him, he’s wrong!” Esther said.

“Leaving or not, I think Thorn deserve to tell his side to you. This will be our last year together, do you think you need to finish the unfinished businesses?” Fern asks.

“Unfinished businesses, you mean?” Esther asks.

“Thorn’s issue and Keerati’s issue.” Fern said.

“I’d rather leave without finishing businesses.” Esther said. “I’m going back to the booth now.”

Fern sighed.

……………………………………………………

Esther is walking back to the booth when she saw Best with Nicky and Toptap.

“Hi, Best!” she greets.

“Hi, Esther. What are you doing here?” Best asks.

“I’m on my way back to the booth. What about you? Why are you with the weirdo?” Esther asks.

“We are dragon hunting. Nicky and Toptap are looking for the mama dragon.” Best said.

“Seriously? And you are with them?” Esther asks.

“I’d rather hang out with them than fight with Natthapat.” Best said.

“Good luck with your dragon hunting. I’d better go back to the booth. I’ve been gone for so long. Bee might gonna kill me.” Esther said.

“You better work hard. I heard that the club must have at least 6 members except for the sports club.” Best said. “It is President Tao’s order.”

“So, it is true that it wasn’t Thorn’s plan to get revenge to me.” Esther said.

“You’re thinking ridiculously. You should go back now. The sun will set soon.” Best said.

“Ok. Bye! See you later.” Esther said.

“Bye!” Best said.

……………………………………………………

“Esther, where have you been? Don’t you want to save our club?” Bee scolded her as soon as she got back.

“Why? No one joined?” Esther asks.

“Two people joined. Thanks to Mook.” Mild said.

“Really?” Esther asks.

“Yes. A new student and an old student that if you were only here a while ago, you’ll be shocked too.” Bee said.

“Who is it?” Esther asks.

“As escaping the duty as a member of Art Club, we won’t tell you.” Bee said.

“What? You know I hate surprises.” Esther said.

“We know that. That’s why that is your punishment.” Bee said.

Esther sighed.

“Let’s pack up now.” Bee said.

……………………………………………………

Esther, Mild and Mook are now going inside the Pink Fountain Dormitory when Esther saw Thorn.

“Hey, Thorn.” Esther said.

“Esther! Are you going to listen to me now?” Thorn asks.

“No. In fact, I just want you to know that you’re such a liar. Don’t lie to me that you’re leaving so that I will get pity on you because whatever you do I won’t forgive you.” Esther said and walks away.

“But it is true.” Thorn said but Esther didn’t hear it.

“Hey, Thorn. Let’s have dinner. I’m hungry!” Mario said.

“I don’t think I have an appetite for the dinner.” Thorn said.

“Is that so? Ok. I’ll just eat your part of beef steak.” Mario said and went inside the dormitory.

“Beef steak? Hey, Mario! Wait up! I change my mind!” Thorn said and went inside the dormitory.