Chapter 11 – The Ambassadress and The Architect

Red Fountain Academy Series

Monday after class, the Drama Club is having a meeting.

“For the play, we’ve decided to play the story of Anne Mahapreukpong, the wife of Dilok Mahapreukpong. The audition will be next week on Saturday, 10:00 am. For the audition script, ask Lily for the copy.” August said. “Everyone can audition, Prof. Namcha together with Principal Supoj will be the judges. Dismiss.”

“Now is my time to be the main actress.” Wawa said.

“In your dream.” Gypso said.

“Gypso, stop it.” Gypsy said.

Gypso pouts.

“Gypsy, here’s your copy of audition script.” Jes said.

“Thanks.” Gypsy said.

“I’ll go out with Oaujun and Nichkhun tonight.” Jes said.

“Ok. Don’t forget the curfew.” Gypsy said.

“Ok.” Jes said and left.

“Seriously?” Gypso asks.

“What?” Gypsy asks.

“I am not used on seeing you two like that.” Gypso said.

“We’re just talking.” Gypsy said.

“That’s it. I can’t take it seeing you not being mean to P’Jes.” Gypso said.

“And you know why we’re acting like this.” Gypsy said. “I better practice this script.”

……………………………………………………

After going out with Nichkhun and Oaujun, Jes starts reading his audition script.

“What are you reading?” Nichkhun asks.

“Audition script. I am going to audition for the role of Dilok Mahapreukpong.” Jes said.

“Then Gypsy will be Anne Mahapreukpong?” Nichkhun asks.

“Yes. We are meant to be if it happens.” Jes said.

“If the president and the vice-president of the college drama club will join the audition, it will be hard for you to get choose.” Oaujun said. “Last year, P’Piglet was chosen to play the role of Anne of Green Gables while Gypsy was the understudy.”

“I’m sure it won’t happen again.” Jes said.

……………………………………………………

You can easily tell if Gypsy is serious about something.

Even though she is hanging out with her friends, she doesn’t join their conversation, she is reading the script.

During meal time, instead of eating meat, Gypsy is eating vegetables for her diet.

And in weekend, instead of going out with her friends, she went back to Bangkok.

“Good morning, pa.” Tonson greets their father during breakfast.

“Good morning, my favorite daughter.” Their father said.

Name: Dilok Mahapreukpong, III aka Moo

Description: The Strict Father

Dilok sat on his chair.

“Where’s Gypsy and Gypso?” Dilok asks.

“P’Gypso is still asleep.” Tonson said.

“And how about Gypsy?” Dilok asks.

“Good morning, pa.” Gypsy said who just arrived.

“Went out early?” Dilok asks.

“I did my morning routine.” Gypsy said.

“When did you arrived yesterday?” Dilok asks.

“It’s already late. 1:00 in the morning. We need to wait for Tonson to finish her Student Council Meeting.” Gypsy said.

“No wonder Gypso is still asleep.” Dilok said.

“Not actually, pa. After we arrived here, she went out with her friends.” Tonson said.

Gypsy simply kicks Tonson’s foot.

“Ouch…” Tonson silently said while glaring at Gypsy.

Gypsy is signing her to shut up.

“Where did she went? Club? She is still not allowed to go there.” Dilok said.

“Probably partying in one of her friends’ house.” Tonson said.

Gypsy kicks her foot again.

“I’ll scold her later. I need to go to the office.” Dilok said.

“Pa, it is Saturday.” Gypsy said.

“I know but I need to work on something.” Dilok said. “See you tonight.”

Dilok left.

As soon as their father left, Gypsy kicks Tonson’s foot again.

“What?! Why do you keep kicking me?” Tonson angrily asks.

“Why are you telling pa about Gypso’s activities?” Gypsy asks.

“He deserves to know.” Tonson said.

“You’re putting Gypso in trouble.” Gypsy said.

“I don’t care.” Tonson said and continue eating.

Gypsy saw the last piece of Tonson’s ham. Tonson loves ham and she always save a piece of ham for last.

She snatches the ham and eat it.

“Yah!!!” Tonson yells.

Gypsy drinks her fruit juice and left.

“I thought you are on a diet?!!!” Tonson yells.

……………………………………………………

Jes went out to visit Gypsy in her mansion. He is trying to call her but she is not answering.

He rings the doorbell and Gypso was the one who opened it.

“Hello, brother-in-law.” Gypso greets.

“Nice, brother-in-law? I like that.” Jes said. “Is Gypsy there? She is not answering my calls.”

“As if you don’t know my sister when there’s an audition or something related to the club, she always in her mood-room.” Gypso said.

The mood-room is Gypsy’s yoga room inside her bedroom.

“I’ll check on her.” Jes said.

“Ok.” Gypso said and left the mansion.

……………………………………………………

Jes went inside the mansion. He went straight to Gypsy’s room, he knocks first and when he doesn’t hear any response, he enters the room.

The room is quiet, it means that Gypsy is inside her mood-room.

Jes doesn’t want to disturb her so he sat on the sofa. He saw a book on the sofa and reads it.

After an hour…

Gypsy went out of the mood-room to take a break when she saw Jes sleeping on the sofa.

She can’t help but to smile while staring at him. She secretly took a picture of him.

Then, Jes woke up.

“Why are you sleeping in my room?” Gypsy asks, acting mad.

“Sorry. I don’t want to disturb you so I read your book while waiting but I fell asleep after reading the first page.” Jes said.

“Lord of the Ring is a nice book.” Gypsy said.

“I already watched the movie so I know the story.” Jes said.

“The book is still better than the movie.” Gypsy said. “What are you doing here?”

“Let’s have lunch together.” Jes said.

“I’ll tell the cook that you are going to have a lunch here.” Gypsy said.

“Is Tonson here?” Jes asks.

“Yes.” Gypsy said.

“Let’s eat outside.” Jes said.

“Don’t you want to eat with Tonson?” Gypsy asks. “This is our chance to see if our acting looks real to others. Tonson is an actress, she can easily know if someone is just acting or not.”

“I think you’re right.” Jes said.

“I’ll tell to the cook that you are going to have a lunch here.” Gypsy said and left the room.

Jes deeply sighed. He suddenly felt nervous.

……………………………………………………

Tonson is staring at Jes and Gypsy that are sweet together while eating lunch.

“Do you want broccoli?” Jes asks.

“Sure.” Gypsy said.

Jes is about to put the broccoli to Gypsy mouth when Tonson talks.

“Oh, please! You two are so… eeewww!” Tonson said. “P’Gypsy, I never thought that you will agree to date him. I thought you don’t like him.”

“I don’t like him… I love him.” Gypsy said and look straight to Jes’s eyes.

“I can’t take it. I lost my appetite.” Tonson said and walks out.

Jes and Gypsy are still staring at each other even Tonson left.

“She believed us.” Gypsy said.

“Right.” Jes said.

Gypsy looks away because she felt uncomfortable. It feels like there are butterflies flying on her stomach.

Just then, Jes’s cellphone rings.

“Yes, President Tao?” Jes said. “Right now? Ok. We’re going there. I’m with Gypsy… Bye.”

“What is it?” Gypsy asks.

“There is a meeting of all the student council members from primary to college at 1:00 today.” Jes said.

“Ha? Where?” Gypsy asks.

“At the Teddy’s Café.” Jes said.

“Wow… That place really suit for a meeting.” Gypsy is being sarcastic. “I’ll tell Tonson so we can all go together.”

……………………………………………………

Teddy’s Café…

The café was close for that day for the meeting of the student councils.

“Hi, Sakun. Good thing you’re in Bangkok.” Tonson said.

“Yeah. I need to stay with my mother because P’Esther is working hard in her part-time modeling because she needs to pay someone in a month.” Sakun said.

Gypsy smirked when she heard it.

“What can I get for you?” the sergeant-at-arms of College Student Council.

Name: Isariya Patharamanop aka Hunz

Description: General Hunz

“Ice Americano for me and water for Gypsy. She is on a diet so she is avoiding any drinks that will make her gain weight.” Jes said.

“Thanks.” Gypsy said. “But General Hunz, is it ok to hold the meeting in your café?”

“Yeah. I like it. I don’t need to go somewhere.” Hunz said. “I’ll just make your order.”

“Hey, sissy.” Alice said when she arrived with Oaujun.

“What are you doing here and why are you two together?” Gypsy asks.

“President Tao called us to come here and as for why we are together, we were in Deli a while ago.” Alice said.

“Is it about the dance cover?” Jes asks.

“Yes.” Alice said.

March and Tao arrived.

“Do they need to come together?” the president of the Primary Student Council asks.

Name: Ravintera Phiangphor aka Ploynoii

Description: The Manager

“Everyone here?” March asks.

“Vice-President Thorn isn’t here. He said he can’t attend the meeting because he is busy with something right now.” Mike said.

“Then, you can tell him later about the meeting.” Tao said.

“Let’s begin.” March said. “First, we’re sorry for disturbing you in your Saturday. But this will won’t take long. We are here to discuss two things: the camping and the cruise.”

“As we always do every year, the student councils from Primary to College will have a camping 2 weeks from now. It will be 3 days, 2 night. The place of our camping is the forest inside the Kasetsin Farm. Our ambassador, Push, is the son of the owner of Kasetsin. They allow us to camp there for 3 days, 2 nights.” Tao said.

“There will be games just like we do every year but this time, each student council members are required to bring a friend with them. So as the hosts of Red Fountain Academy. Ah… We forgot to tell you that Alice and Oaujun are covering our camping.” March said.

“Any questions?” Tao asks.

“None.” They said.

“Now, for the cruise. All the graduating students of High School Town including the College Student Council will go to Tokyo for the start of the cruise. It will be a 12 Nights.” March said.

Ploynoii raised her hand.

“Yes, Manager Ploynoii?” March said.

“I was wondering why the Primary Town’s students are not part of the cruise.” Ploynoii said.

“I think you need to wait for me to finish what I am saying.” March said.

“Yes, CEO March said.” Ploynoii said.

“So, I was saying. It will be a 12 Nights Cruise from Tokyo to Tokyo. The itinerary will be posted in the website this Monday.” March said. “And lastly, it will be unfair for Primary Student Council if High School Student Council were the only one who got a gift from the College Student Council, right? The Primary Student Council will have a 5 day vacation in Phuket.”

Ploynoii’s eyes widened.

“The one who thought of it is President Tao. We talked to Director Vichuda and President Tao told us that Primary Student Council also worked hard and deserve to have a vacation, too.” March said. “We haven’t decided the date yet but it will be posted in the website.”

The Primary Student Council members are happy to hear it.

“That’s all for today. Wait for the post in the website regarding our events.” March said. “You can all go now.”

……………………………………………………

Jes and Gypsy went to the mall after the meeting. Tonson went out with her friends.

At the mall, they saw Kang and Cherreen.

“Kang, if Nichkhun saw you, he will kill you.” Jes said.

“He can’t do that. He is a public figure, he needs to protect his image.” Kang said.

“But why are you two together?” Gypsy asks.

“Uhmm… we just bump to each other a while ago.” Cherreen said.

“Are you guys going somewhere? We can hang out together.” Gypsy said.

“Sure.” Cherreen said.

“Where’s your brother, by the way? It is weird not to see him with you.” Gypsy said.

“He stayed in the dormitory.” Cherreen said. “Which is unusual because like you said, wherever I am, he is there.”

“Puifai is in dormitory too, right?” Kang said.

“Really? But what is the connection of my friend to my brother?” Cherreen asks.

“Right. What is the connection? Puifai stayed in the dormitory to practice.” Gypsy said.

“Well, because-”

“I’m hungry. Let’s eat.” Gypsy said.

“Yeah… me too.” Cherreen said.

……………………………………………………

The four hang out until night. Jes drove Gypsy back home.

“Do you want to go inside?” Gypsy asks.

“Is your dad there?” Jes asks.

“I think so.” Gypsy said. “Why? Are you nervous?”

“I don’t know how to act.” Jes said.

“Save the act for his birthday. You should go now.” Gypsy said.

“Ok.” Jes said.

“Be careful in your driving and… I can’t believe I am saying this but… call me when you gets home.” Gypsy said.

Jes smiled. “I will.”

“Bye.” Gypsy said.

“Bye.” Jes said.

Gypsy watches the car leaves then she gets inside the mansion. While going inside the mansion, she notice a blue car at the entrance.

“Pa has a visitor. The car looks familiar.” Gypsy said.

“Good evening, Khun’Gypsy.” The butler greets.

“Where’s pa?” Gypsy asks.

“Inside the study room with his guests. They are having a meeting.” The butler said.

“Ok. If pa asks about me, I’ll be in my mood-room.” Gypsy said.

“No dinner, Khun’Gypsy?” the butler asks.

“No, thanks.” Gypsy said and went upstairs.

……………………………………………………

Jes got home and he is whistling because of happiness when his father called him.

“Jes.” His father said.

“Yes, dad?” Jes asks.

“Where have you been?” his father asks.

“I went out with Gypsy.” Jes said.

“With Gypsy again? I know how you like Gypsy but Gypsy only sees you as a friend. Stop being always on her side. Find a girl that will love you not as a friend.” His father said.

“Dad, you don’t know Gypsy at all. Besides, I am still young. For now, the only girl that I like is Gypsy and no one else.” Jes said.

“But-”

“I’m sorry, dad, but I need to prepare for my audition.” Jes said and went upstairs.

Jes’s father’s sighed.

“Why can’t you see that she is using you? She is letting you stay on her side for her advantage.” His father said after Jes left.

He can’t say that to his son because he knows how his son likes Gypsy since they were young.

He needs to do something so his son will not get hurt of the person he loves.

“I’m sorry my son but I don’t want you to experience what I had experience with your mother. I don’t know if you can handle the pain just like the pain I experienced.” His father said.


Trivia #11

Currently there are 167 names of Thai Actors and Actresses including 4 Thai idols in Korea that are listed in my folder of Red Fountain Academy: The Series.