Chapter 4 - The Mermaid and The KPOP Idol

Red Fountain Academy Series

Blue Fountain Dormitory…

The guys are having a welcome party. While some guys are watching Oaujun and Kang dance, Victor prefers to be alone in the bar.

“Long time no see, my friend.” A familiar voice said.

Victor turns around and saw a guy that he knew.

“Kan!” Victor said.

Name: Kunchanuj Kengkarnka aka Kan

Description: The EX

“I thought you will be back tomorrow.” Victor said.

“I’m excited to be back.” Kan said. “How’s everyone?”

“Puifai, you mean.” Victor said.

Kan became serious.

“How is she?” Kan asks.

“She’s fine. I told her that you’ll be back.” Victor said.

“And?” Kan asks.

“She tried to pretend not to be affected but I think she still likes you.” Victor said.

“Do you think so?” Kan asks. “After leaving her?”

“Maybe.” Victor said.

“I should greet Mario, Push and Mek.” Kan said.

“Ok.” Victor said.

Kan left him.

……………………………………………………

After the party, everyone went to their rooms. Kan joins Thorn and Mario in their room. Kan used to be Thorn and Mario’s roommate.

“Why did you suddenly gone, Kan?” Mario asks.

“I became coward but now I decided not to run away anymore.” Kan said.

“Then, are you planning to ask for another from Puifai?” Mario asks.

“Is she still single?” Kan asks.

“Yeah. The only guy I saw with her is Victor.” Mario said.

“How sure are you?” Kan asks.

“Come on! We’re classmates so I know that.” Mario said.

“Unless Victor is her boyfriend.” Thorn said.

Kan glares at Thorn.

“Impossible.” Mario said.

“How is it impossible? Have you seen Victor with a girl besides Puifai?” Thorn asks.

“Mild and Apple.” Mario said.

“Oh right.” Thorn said.

“If you don’t have something nice to say, you just go to sleep.” Kan seriously said.

“No need to get mad. I am just saying that there’s a chance that those two can be lovers. When you left Puifai, she left too but she got back and the very first person she went to is Victor. I think Victor was the one who fetch Puifai from the airport.” Thorn said.

“Their families are close. It is no wonder if Victor is close to her. They’ve been together since they were children. Victor also told Kan that he only treats Puifai as sister.” Mario said.

“If they are that close, how come Victor never get mad at you when you left?” Thorn asks.

“Thorn, as far as I know, you’re not my friend so I have the right not to answer that.” Kan said.

“Let’s just go to sleep.” Mario said. “Tomorrow, everyone will be busy with their club booths.”

“And I will be busy as the vice-president.” Thorn said.

“Kan, are you going to go back to the Swimming Club?” Mario asks.

“Yes but I will not show up tomorrow. After the opening ceremony, that’s the time I will show up.” Kan said.

……………………………………………………

After the opening ceremony, all the students are now busy in their club booths and one of them is the Swimming Club’s Booth.

“Everyone, if you want to be a swimming champion, join our club! We have the best swimmers in Thailand.” Nicky is doing all his might to get new members of the club.

“Oi! Nicky, no need to tire yourself. Swimming Club is exempted to the rules of 6 and up members. Clubs about sports are exempted.” Puifai said.

“I can’t believe the president of the Swimming Club is being lazy again. And so if Nicky wants to recruit new members? Ah! You’re not being lazy, you are scared that a new student might beat you.” Best said.

“Beat me or you? Even Nicky who wasn’t interested in swimming beat you, right? So, I am sure a new student can easily beat you.” Puifai said.

“If you are that great, why are you always fail to make it in the competition?” Best asks.

“Hey! Stop it! New students are looking at you.” Victor said.

Puifai left.

“Nicky, you’re in-charge here.” Victor said before following Puifai.

“Ok, I’m the Officer-in-Charge.” Nicky said.

Bifern rolled her eyes.

……………………………………………………

“Puifai!” Victor calls Puifai while walking after her. “You really can’t control your emotion.”

“I really have a patience but when it comes to Nitcharee, I am losing it.” Puifai said.

“You’re the president of the club, you must be a good example to your members.” Victor said. “Can we go back now? I put Nicky in charge and I am sure the club will be look funny.”

“We should go back now if that’s the case.” Puifai said.

The two went back to the club.

“Where’s Nicky?” Victor asks Bifern.

“He and his stupid friend went to the lake. I told Nitcharee to get them back.” Bifern said.

“Finally, a moment without that girl.” Puifai said.

Victor look at her with a warning on his eyes.

“Ok. Ok. I’m sorry.” Puifai said.

Puifai sat at the back and let herself cool using the electric fan.

Then, a familiar guy came in.

“Hi, guys! Am I still welcome here?” Kan asks.

“Kan!” Bifern said.

Puifai froze at her seat when she heard Kan’s voice. Her heart suddenly beat faster. How long has it been since the last she heard his voice?

“Kan, you know you are always welcome here.” Victor said.

Kan smiled then he noticed Puifai at the back of the booth. He walks closer to her.

“I miss you, Puifai.” He said.

Puifai stands up and glares at him before leaving the booth.

Kan followed her.

“Puifai!” Kan said and runs after her.

“It looks like she isn’t happy to see him.” Bifern said.

“If you see her ex-boyfriend after a long time, will you be happy?” Victor asks.

“Well…” Bifern said.

“Never mind. Just go back to your work.” Victor said.

……………………………………………………

Film Club’s Booth…

The Film Club’s Booth is packed with new students. Nichkhun, Tina and Nanan are being surrounded by the new students.

“Hmmm… Looks like we will have many new members this year.” Proud said. She is the vice-president of the Film Club.

And when Push came from talking with the School Director, the new students surrounded him too.

“You should join them, too.” Proud said to Mek that is sitting at the back of the booth.

Mek glares at her.

“Scary.” Proud whispered.

Nichkhun went back inside the booth.

“I’m taking a break.” Nichkhun said.

“Ok.” Proud said. “Oh! When you leave, go to the back of the booth. That way, the new students will not follow you.”

“Ok, thanks.” Nichkhun said.

……………………………………………………

“Puifai…” Kan keeps on calling Puifai while following her.

When he finally reaches her, he holds her arm.

Puifai turn around and slaps him.

“I’m sorry.” Kan said.

“Sorry? I don’t need your apology. You left me and now you’re showing your face to me again? I want you dead.” Puifai said.

“I didn’t mean to leave you. I wasn’t just ready.” Kan said.

“And what about me? Do you think I was ready that time? When you left, I had to carry the burden. My family was disappointed to me to the point that they almost kicked me out of the house.” Puifai said.

“But I am here now. I am ready to take the responsibility.” Kan said.

Puifai smirked. “Responsibility? Not a chance. I don’t want you in my life again.”

“Puifai, please, don’t this.” Kan begs while holding her hand.

“Puifai?” it was Nichkhun. He left the Film Club Booth because of his fans.

Puifai pull her hand from Kan’s and went to Nichkhun’s side. She holds Nichkhun’s hand.

“Remember Nichkhun? He’s my boyfriend now.” Puifai said.

“I don’t believe you. Victor said that you don’t have a boyfriend.” Kan said.

“Victor and I are always together but it doesn’t mean that I don’t have a boyfriend.” Puifai said.

“You and Nichkhun are impossible to be a couple. He’s a KPOP idol.” Kan said.

“I don’t see anything wrong with that. I maybe a KPOP idol but I can date too.” Nichkhun said.

Kan is staring at Puifai trying to know if Nichkhun is really her boyfriend.

Puifai holds Nichkhun’s hand tightly asking for help.

“Want a proof?” Nichkhun asks.

“What proof?” Kan asks.

Yeah… What proof?’ Puifai thought.

With a swift move, Nichkhun kisses Puifai on her lips.

Puifai’s eyes widened because of shocked but instead of pushing him away, she is kinda enjoying the kiss.

After few seconds the kiss ended.

“So?” Nichkhun looks at Kan.

Kan walks away.

“Are you alright?” Nichkhun asks Puifai.

“Y-Yes.” Puifai said. “Thanks for the help.”

Puifai let go of Nichkhun’s hand and walks away.

……………………………………………………

Swimming Club’s Booth…

A new student is watching the Swimming Club’s Booth for a while when Victor noticed her.

“Wanna join the Swimming Club?” Victor asks.

The new student seem startled.

“If I join the Swimming Club… Can I still join the other clubs?” the new student asks.

“As long as you can manage your time in your study and your clubs well.” Victor said.

The new student think for a moment. “Ok. I’ll join.” She said.

Victor smiled.

“Great! Here’s the application form. Fill it up and give it to me.” Victor said.

“Ok.” She said.

……………………………………………………

Puifai went to their hang-out place to be alone. She still can’t get over with the kiss.

“Hi, sissy! I knew you will be here.” Gypsy said. She is with Alice.

“How?” Puifai asks.

“We went to your booth but Victor said that you left because of some unfortunate event.” Alice said.

“Kan is back in the Swimming Club.” Puifai said.

“But why is he back in Thailand, anyway?” Gypsy asks

“He came back because he wants to take responsibility of what happened to us.” Puifai said.

“And?” Alice asks.

“Of course I rejected him. After all what he did.” Puifai said.

“That’s our girl.” Gypsy said.

“But knowing that long chin guy, he will not give up.” Alice said.

“Yeah and because of that I did a stupid thing.” Puifai said.

Gypsy and Alice became worried.

“What?”

“A while ago while confronting with Kan, Nichkhun came and I told Kan that Nichkhun is my boyfriend.” Puifai said.

“O.M.G.” the two said.

“So, what happened?” Alice asks.

“Nichkhun get along with it until Kan left.” Puifai said.

“Do you think he believed it?” Gypsy asks.

“I don’t know.” Puifai said. “What should I do? Nichkhun is famous not only here but in South Korea too.”

“A while ago, are there some people around you when you said that Nichkhun is your boyfriend?” Gypsy asks.

“None and I am sure of it.” Puifai said. ‘But we kiss!

“Then, don’t panic.” Gypsy said.

“But-”

“Sissy, relax. Besides, you’re popular here. The Mermaid and The KPOP Idol dating? Isn’t it nice?” Alice said.

“But if there is one person you need to watch out, it is Cherreen. Cherreen doesn’t like her brother dating someone because she believes that it will ruin her brother’s career.” Gypsy said.

“Please let keep this a secret. Even though Cherreen is my friend, I am sure she will get mad if she found out what I have done.” Puifai said.

“But I think it is the best if you will tell her your situation.” Gypsy said. “I hope she will understand.”

If she understand.” Alice said.

……………………………………………………

The Film Club members are getting ready to clean everything after the long day when a new student came.

“Can I still join?” the new student asks.

“Sure.” Proud said and gives her a form.

The new student fill up the form and give it to Proud.

Proud reads her name. “Your name is… Nichaphat Chatchaipholrat, right?” Proud said.

“Yes.” she said.

“Any nickname?” Proud asks.

“Pearwah.” She said.

Name: Nichaphat Chatchaipholrat aka Pearwah

Description: The Fan Girl

“Well, Pearwah, nice to meet you. I’m Oranicha Krinchai but everyone in Film Club calls me Proud. I am the vice-president of the Film Club. Our meeting will every Thursday after school hours.” Proud said.

“Ok.” She said.

“It says here in your form that you joined another club beside Film Club.” Proud said.

“Yes. I joined Swimming Club, too.” She said and smiled.

……………………………………………………

Puifai is walking back to the dormitory when Nichkhun came.

“Let’s talk.” Nichkhun said grabbing her hand and pull her at the back of the Club Building.

“I’m sorry for what happened. Let’s pretend that it didn’t happened.” Puifai said.

“What about Kan?” Nichkhun asks.

“After what happened, I’m sure he believe us.” Puifai said.

“But it doesn’t mean that he will stop.” Nichkhun said.

“It’s my problem not yours.” Puifai said.

“I can help you.” Nichkhun said.

“Nichkhun, I don’t want to ruin your career, alright? I know how Cherreen loves you and your career is very important to her.” Puifai said. “I can handle Kan by myself.”

“If you can handle him all by yourself, why did you used me a while ago?” Nichkhun asks.

Puifai doesn’t know what to say.

Nichkhun starts to walk closer to her while staring at her eyes.

Puifai moves back until she feels the cold wall on her back.

Nichkhun place his hands on both side of Puifai, trapping her.

“Why can’t you answer me?” Nichkhun asks.

Puifai suddenly looks at Nichkhun’s lips. She suddenly remembers the kiss.

She didn’t know that Nichkhun also remembers the kiss.

Slowly, he moves his face closer to her and kiss her.

They didn’t know that Pearwah saw them kissing. She quickly left and went back to the dormitory.

The kiss ended but this time the kiss is longer.

“I’m…” Nichkhun wants to say something but he decided to walk away.

……………………………………………………

Puifai went back to the dormitory when Pearwah bumps her.

“Ouch!” Puifai said and looks at the girl who bumped her. “You again?”

Pearwah left.

“Hey!” she yells.

“Sissy, easy now. Other girls are looking at you.” Som said. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Puifai said.

“Who is that girl?” Som asks.

“New student. Aom thinks that she is Prof. Namcha’s sister.” Puifai said. “This is the second time she bumped me.”

“An enemy of yours, perhaps?” Som asks.

“I don’t even know her.” Puifai said.

“Let’s go. Dinner’s ready.” Som said.

Puifai and Som went to the dining hall.

 

……………………………………………………

Nichkhun, Jes and Oaujun are eating dinner in the V.I.P area but Nichkhun is just playing his food while staring blankly at his plate.

Jes and Oaujun are looking at each other.

“Hey, Nichkhun.” Jes called him.

Nichkhun looks at him. “What?”

“Something’s bothering you.” Jes said.

“It’s nothing. It is just about work.” He said.

“Liar.” Jes and Oaujun said.

Just then, Kan came despite of the waiter trying to stop him.

“Hey, Nichkhun.” Kan said.

“Kan, you are not supposed to be here.” Jes said.

“I just want to say something to your famous friend.” Kan said. “Leave Puifai alone. She is mine.”

“Was.” He corrected.

“What?” Kan asks.

“She was yours and now she’s mine.” He said.

Kan is about to punch Nichkhun when Tao and Mike came.

“Kunchanuj Kengkarnka, you just got back in this academy and you are already trying to make trouble.” Tao said.

“I am not. I am just greeting my friends.” Kan said and left.

Tao and Mike left too.

“What was that about?” Oaujun asks.

“And what is Puifai has to do with you?” Jes asks.

“Puifai and I are dating but don’t tell it to others.” He said.

“Eh?!!!” the two are shocked.

“And now, Kan is back and wants to get Puifai back.” He said.

“He is crazy. He left her and now getting her back.” Oaujun said.

“Nichkhun, don’t worry. I am on your side.” Jes said.

“Me too, bro.” Oaujun said.

“Thanks, guys.” He said.

……………………………………………………

Victor waits Kan outside the dining room.

“Kan, what was that?” Victor asks.

“I thought Puifai is single but what about Nichkhun?” Kan said.

“Well, she is really single since she is not married. And as for Nichkhun, I don’t know what you are talking about.” Victor said.

“They are dating!” Kan said.

“What? Dating?” Victor asks. He is surprised thinking that her best friend is dating the famous guy in the academy.

“No matter what, I’ll get Puifai back to me.” Kan said and went upstairs.