Chapter 12 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

The Film Club members are now busy with their filming. Nanan seems unfocused throughout the filming.

“Gonna go.” Tina said right after the filming.

“Where are you going? We are going to the noodle restaurant, remember?” Proud asks.

Tina feels awkward while looking at Aom.

“You have a date, right?” Aom said. “Go on. As if your role is important that you need to join us in the noodle restaurant.”

“Sushar…” Tina said.

“Just don’t miss the curfew or you two will sleep outside the dorm.” Aom said and left.

……………………………………………………

Noodle Restaurant…

Aom noticed that Nanan is quiet during their dinner.

“Nanan…” she called.

Nanan looks at her.

“What’s wrong with you? You’re not you today. A while ago, you are unfocused. Is there something wrong?” she asks.

“No, it is nothing. I am just thinking of something else.” Nanan said.

“Come on. I know that we are not close as same as me and Ti- Supanart but we’ve been living in the same room for years. And this is the first time I saw you like that.” She said. “You can tell me your problems and I might help.”

“Thanks, Aom. Now that Tina is always spending time with Pemy, I don’t have a chance to talk to her and I can’t tell this to the LesGay because they might don’t understand me. I think you are the best person that I can talk to.” Nanan said.

“Do you want to talk about it somewhere else? With these guys so loud, I don’t think we can talk about it here.” Aom said.

“You’re right.” Nanan said.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory’s Garden…

“Baan and I were best friends turned to a couple but we broke up when he became an actor. He’s the reason why I became like this and now he is coming back. We will have a CF shooting here next week and for the first time in a while, my role is a girl that will fall in love to him.” Nanan said.

“And the problem is?” Aom asks.

“He’s my ex and what if the fans found out about our past?” Nanan asks.

“Forget the fans. Past is past.” Aom said and remembers something. “Just like me and Supanart.”

Aom suddenly feels sad.

“Is it my turn to listen to you?” Nanan asks.

“Nope… I’m fine. Supanart is nothing to me now. She already chose and I am not a part of it.” Aom said.

Aom and Nanan didn’t know that Tina is hiding near the door and she heard what Aom said.

……………………………………………………

Tina decided to go back to her room. Outside her room, Pemy is waiting for her.

“Baby, let’s hang out at the Pink Fountain.” Pemy said and wraps her arms around Tina’s arm.

Tina removes it.

“I’m tired. I need to practice my script. Besides, it is almost curfew time.” Tina said.

“Why? Are you afraid that your clingy ex-girlfriend will punish us? For goodness sake! You’re the sergeant-at-arms. Can’t you do anything?” Pemy said.

“A member of Student Council doesn’t break any laws.” Tina said. “Go to your room now. Isn’t enough that we had a date today?”

“Fine.” Pemy said and left.

Tina knew that Pemy is mad but she is not in the mood to woo her so she can stop being mad.

……………………………………………………

Saturday…

Everyone got free time. All the clubs decided to take a break.

Aom went home in Bangkok and decided to sleep long but she woke up by the knock on the door of her room.

She doesn’t want to open the door but the door opens.

“Wake up sleepyhead!” Nanan said.

“Nanan, what are you doing here?” Aom asks while rubbing her eyes.

“The LesGay Group has decided to cheer you up.” Nanan said.

“Is it me who needs cheer or you?” Aom asks.

“I don’t need it but you definitely need it.” Nanan said. “So get ready and we will wait you downstairs.”

Nanan left her.

……………………………………………………

Nanan, Bee, Achirawich, Gun and Tum are silent while Aom’s mother is staring at them.

“Ma, stop harassing them.” Aom said.

“I did not! I am just looking at them.” Aom’s mother said.

Name: Maneerut Manaying

Description: Religious Woman

“The way you look at them is like you want to peel their skin alive.” Aom said.

Achirawich, Bee, Gun and Tum gulp.

“Uhmm… M-Mrs. Manaying, don’t you worry, I am a straight guy.” Tum said.

“And you hang out with them?” Maneerut asks.

“Ju-Just friends.” Tum said.

“Ma, stop it. We are going out.” Aom said.

“Is Jittaleela with you?” Maneerut asks.

“No. Besides, we are not friends anymore.” Aom coldly said. “Bye, ma.”

Aom and her friends left.

……………………………………………………

Aom and her friends went to the mall.

“Nanan, why don’t you try this dress? I’m sure you look beautiful here.” Aom said, while holding a blue dress.

“Oh no… I don’t like that.” Nanan said.

“Just this once. I am sure that you used to wear like this in the past.” Aom said.

“Try it, Nanan.” Bee said.

“Yeah…” Tum said.

Soon, Nanan’s friends are trying to convince her to wear it.

“Ok, fine! I’ll try it.” Nanan said.

Nanan took the dress and get inside the fitting room.

After a while…

Bee, Achirawich, Gun and Tum are dumbfounded.

“Do I look awful?” Nanan asks. It’s been a while since the last time she wear a dress that she can’t even remember when was it.

“Of course not. You look beautiful. Your short hair is perfect for the dress.” Aom said. “Shall we go to choose a pair of shoes that will match the dress?”

“Oh no no no! I only tried this dress because of you but I don’t have a plan to buy this.” Nanan said. “I’m getting change.”

Nanan went back to the fitting room again.

……………………………………………………

After the shopping, they went to a coffee shop before going to watch a movie.

Just then, a lesbian came to greet Nanan.

“Hi, Nanan!” the lesbian said.

“Ah! P’Jieb!” Nanan said. “Guys, she is Jieb Lalana Kongtoranin. A freshman student in R.F.A College Town.”

“Hi!” they greet.

“Hi!” Jieb said.

Name: Lalana Kongtoranin aka Jieb

Description: Lesbian Model

Nanan introduced them to her.

“I know you. You’re the treasurer of High School’s Student Council.” Jieb said.

“Yes, I am.” Aom said.

Gun checks the time.

“I think we should go now. The movie will start soon.” Gun said.

“Are you going to watch too? I am going to watch too.” Jieb said.

“You should come with us.” Nanan said.

“Ok!” Nanan said.

……………………………………………………

Tina and Pemy are in a movie theatre. They are watching a horror movie.

Every time there is a scary scene, Pemy will hug Tina.

Tina can’t help to remember Aom when they were used to be dating. Aom is exactly like Pemy when watching horror movie except that Aom scream loud. Just like the other girl inside the movie theatre that screams loud.

……………………………………………………

“I’ll just go to the restroom.” Gun said after the movie.

“Me too.” Achirawich said.

“I’m coming with you.” Bee said.

“I think I need to go too.” Tum said.

“We will wait you here.” Nanan said.

The guys left.

“Seems like our guys got scared.” Nanan said.

“Right.” Jieb said.

“They are not the only ones. I got scared too.” Aom said.

“Yeah. Our eardrums hurt because of your screaming.” Jieb jokingly said.

“Sorry.” Aom said and pouts like a puppy.

Jieb thinks that Aom is cute so she rubs her head.

Just then, Tina and Pemy came out from the movie theatre. Tina saw what Jieb did to Aom and she felt jealous.

Aom saw Tina and Pemy holding each other’s hands.

“P’Jieb, why don’t we wait the guys in the coffee shop?” Aom said.

“Sure. Nanan, let’s go.” Jieb said.

“Yeah. I’ll just text the guys.” Nanan said.

Tina doesn’t understand but she feels jealous when she see Aom with another lesbian.

……………………………………………………

Sunday afternoon…

Mike and Aom are on their way back to the academy. Aom talks a lot about what happened yesterday. She doesn’t keep a secret from Mike because she knew that it will just start a misunderstanding to each other.

“Jieb?” Mike asks while driving.

“P’Jieb is a freshman in the academy. She’s nice. Is it ok to be friends like her?” Aom asks.

“Yeah, sure. I don’t have anything against them except for Tina.” Mike said. “For making you cry.”

Aom also told him about the night when Tina left their room and instead of being mad at her, Mike comforts her because he knew that she lost a best friend.

“Supanart is nothing. Our relationship is just an acquaintance.” Aom said. “Are we going to eat first later before going back to the dorm?”

“Yes.” Mike said.

……………………………………………………

Sunday night…

Tina doesn’t know why but she is supposed to be in Bangkok since they don’t have classes on Monday but she is now in the academy. She has supposed to attend a party with Pemy tonight but she chose to go back to the academy that morning. She just told Pemy that she needs to do something important.

She is bored so she decided to go for a swim. She changed her clothes for her swimming attire and left the room.

She is getting near the swimming pool when she heard the water as if someone is swimming there.

She went to the pool and sat while waiting for the girl who swims to reach the end where she is sitting.

The girl is getting near and didn’t notice her. The girl’s hand is trying to reach to the end of the pool but instead of the end, she touch Tina’s leg. With her surprise, she almost got drown but Tina is quick to get in the water to hold her on her waist.

The girl coughed because of the water that she drank.

Tina recognizes the girl.

“Aom?” Tina said forgetting that she is now calling her ‘Sushar’.

“Tina?” Aom said forgetting that she is now calling her ‘Supanart’.

“What are you doing here?” Tina asks.

“I should be the one asking you that.” Aom said. “And please get your hands off of me.”

Tina released her.

Aom get out of the pool and left but Tina followed her.

“Who’s that tom yesterday?” Tina asks.

“None of your business.” Aom said.

“Is she your new target?” Tina asks.

“What are you talking about?” Aom asks.

“The tom that you will play with.” Tina said.

Aom stops walking and faces her. “Is that what you thought of me? That I am using you as a toy? I can’t believe you’re saying that to me. We’ve been friends for years. I wouldn’t be surprise if you think that our friendship is nothing to me.”

Aom is about to leave but Tina stops her and with a quick move, Tina kisses Aom on her lips.

Aom doesn’t know why but she return the kiss and even wrap her arms around Tina’s neck.

……………………………………………………

Monday morning…

Aom doesn’t know if she will be happy or not. Here she is lying on her bed while on her side is Tina, both . After the surprise kiss last night, they ended up something happened to them.

Now, Aom is not sure about her feelings anymore. As if some feels that’s been hiding has come out.

Tina moves and hugs her. Aom let her.

Just then, her cellphone rings. Aom answers it.

Wake up, sleepyhead. Let’s have breakfast.” It was Mike.

“I’ll just get ready. See you at the cafeteria.” Aom said.

Aom careful get out of the bed and get ready. When she got out from the bathroom, Tina is still sleeping. Aom left without a noise.

……………………………………………………

Tina woke up without Aom on her side but she is still happy. Finally, she had the courage to show to her the feelings she’s been hiding since they broke up. One thing is for sure, she wants Aom on her side and no one else.

After the shower, Tina look outside from the window and saw Mike and Aom coming back. Aom is on Mike’s back.

Tina goes outside the dorm.

“Aom…” she sweetly said.

Aom get off from Mike’s back.

Tina hugs Aom like a child.

“What are you doing here, Tina?” Mike asks.

“I am bored so I came back here early than the others.” Tina said.

“And it seems that you two are friends again.” Mike said.

“Tina and I talked last night and forgive each other.” Aom said.

“I see… Well, see you later. President Tao is coming and we are going to work. Feel free to join us.” Mike said and left.

Tina and Aom went back inside the dorm.

……………………………………………………

Nanan is jogging around the park when someone joins her. She looks on her side and saw Baan. Because of surprised, she trip herself and fell down.

“Nanan, are you alright?” Baan asks.

“What are you doing here?” Nanan asks.

“I went home last night.” Baan said.

Nanan tried to get up but she can’t.

“Hop on my back.” Baan said.

“No!” Nanan said.

But Baan insisted so Nanan has no choice.

Nanan’s heart beat is beating fast and she is afraid that Baan might hear it.

“Do you even eat? You’re a light as a feather.” Baan said.

“I’m a model.” Nanan coldly said.

“Still you must eat.” Baan said.

“And since when did you start to care for me?” Nanan asks.

“I always care for you. In fact, I’ve been watching you from a far.” Baan said.

“Stalker?” Nanan asks.

“You may call it that way but I am still care for you.” Baan said. “Nanan, let’s get back together. Please?”

……………………………………………………

Aom joins Tina for a breakfast but she only drinks juice.

“Can I go back to our room?” Tina asks.

“Sure.” Aom said.

“I am planning to break up with Pemy.” Tina said.

Aom is shocked.

“Why?” Aom asks.

“Isn’t that what you want?” Tina asks.

“Yes but…” Aom said.

“I’m breaking up with her but in one condition.” Tina said.

“What condition?” Aom asks.

“Break up with Mike.” Tina said.