Chapter 7 - The DJ and The King of Dance

Red Fountain Academy Series

Oaujun meets Alice outside the building where the Red-Orange Youth Dance Studio is.

“Am I late?” Alice asks when she arrived.

“No. It is still early but everyone is already inside.” Oaujun said.

“Let’s get over this as early as we can.” Alice said.

“Why? Are you going somewhere?” Oaujun asks.

“I need to see someone.” Alice said.

“Who?” Oaujun asks.

“Do you need to know?” Alice asks.

“Not really.” Oaujun said. “Let’s go.”

……………………………………………………

As soon as Alice and Oaujun enter the studio, Bella talks.

“Finally! We’ve been waiting here for a while.” Bella said.

Alice remembers her. She’s the girl in the dormitory that called her ‘’.

“P’Bella, we’re not late.” Oaujun said.

“But everyone is already here.” Bella said.

“Then, you should have told me to go an hour early from the time you set.” Alice said. “You are studying in Red Fountain Academy and staying at the Pink Fountain Dormitory. How come Oaujun called you P’Bella? As far as I know, the oldest in the dormitory are the graduating students.”

“That’s because she is a repeater.” A girl said and giggled.

“Shut up, Ploy!” Bella yells at her.

“That’s enough. Let’s start the meeting so I can leave early. I have a photo-shoot at 11.” A beautiful and tall girl said.

“Yaya is right.” Another girl said. “First, let’s introduce ourselves. My name is Aerin Siripon Yukdatta and I am the leader of the girls’ group here. I am studying at Olympus University and I am a freshman student taking up Mass Communication.”

Name: Siripon Yukdatta aka Aerin

Description: Thai Taeyeon

“I’m Bella Ranee Campen. I am a 2nd year high school student in Red Fountain Academy.” Bella said.

“My name is Ben Raviyanun Takerd and I am a 2nd year high school student in Olympus University.” Ben said.

Name: Raviyanun Takerd aka Ben

Description: Sunny of Olympus

“I’m Chippy Sirin Preediyanon. I am a graduating high school student in Vihokratana International Academy.” Chippy said.

Name: Sirin Preediyanon aka Chippy

Description: V.I.A Muse

“I’m Yaya Urassaya Sperbund. I am a graduating high school student in Olympus University and works as a model.” Yaya said.

Name: Urassaya Sperbund aka Yaya

Description: The Role Model

“My name is Weerawatnodom Tipnaree and I am a graduating high school student in Red Fountain Academy.” Weerawatnodom said.

Name: Weerawatnodom Tipnaree

Description: The Shy Dancer

“I’m Belle Kemisara Paladesh. 1st year high school student in Vihokratana International Academy.” Belle said.

Name: Kemisara Paladesh aka Belle

Description: The Energetic Girl

“I’m Ploy Tanida-Patsorn Tanawuth. 1st year high school student in Red Fountain Academy” Ploy said.

Name: Tanida-Patsorn Tanawuth aka Ploy

Description: Aspiring Dancer

“I’m Alice Tsoi and a graduating high school student in Red Fountain Academy. I am part of the Dance Club, I’m a DJ and Co-emcee of Oaujun.” Alice said.

“I’m glad that you accept our request to join the cover dance. It will be really a great help to us to be known.” Aerin said.

“I can leave you now, right?” Oaujun asks.

“Yeah, sure. Thanks.” Aerin said.

Oaujun left.

“Let’s all sit down while we discussed the topic of this meeting.” Aerin said.

Alice looks around the studio.

Sit where?’ she thought. The studio is almost empty except for the table on the corner and a sound system.

“It seems that the DJ is confused because she can’t see any chairs.” Bella said. “Ploy, I told you to get chairs because we have someone here who doesn’t sit on the floor.”

Alice got annoyed but she didn’t showed it. Instead, she sat on the floor as if it is nothing.

After all, in the club, they used to sit on the floor every break.

“Shall we start the meeting now? My time is precious, you know? Well, if P’Bella prefers to sit on the chair, we can still wait for her to come back with her chair.” Alice said.

“You-” Bella’s face turns red because of humiliation.

“Knock it off, P’Bella. My time is also precious. If you want to get a chair, get it now. I am not going to wait for you.” Yaya said.

They all sat down on the floor.

Bella sat on the floor, too.

“Great! Now, we can start the meeting.” Aerin said.

……………………………………………………

Oaujun went to a hotel.

“Khun, I’m already at the lobby.” Oaujun is currently talking to someone through his cellphone.

Oaujun walks towards the elevator and pressed the up button.

“Ok.” He said and ends the call.

When the elevator door opens, he get inside and pressed the number 8.

When the elevator stops at the 8th floor and the door opens, Oaujun is shocked to see Nichkhun.

“Khun! You can wait for me inside the room.” Oaujun said.

“I forgot something in my car so I am going to get it. You wait for me inside the room. It is room 804.” Nichkhun said and get in the elevator.

“Oh! Here’s the card key.” Nichkhun said.

Oaujun takes the card key and look for the room.

“Room 804. Here it is.” Oaujun said and uses the card key to open the door.

Oaujun walks inside the room and look around.

Just then, he heard a door opens but it is not the main door of the room. He looks around to find that door and saw an opened door.

Someone, that made him shocked, came out from that door.

……………………………………………………

“So, you’re saying that we will cover SNSD’s Gee, then what?” Alice asks.

“We will record it and post it in youtube.” Aerin said.

“And every time there is a KPOP cover dance competition, we will join.” Yaya said.

“Woah! Hold on a sec! Me? Joining some cover dance competition? This is not what I and Oaujun agreed of.” Alice said. “He told me that I will help you once and that’s it.”

“Well, obviously, he didn’t tell you that you need to join the competition with us.” Bella said.

“Here’s the deal, I will help you to cover some KPOP dance and you can post it in youtube but I will not join any competition with you or you better start to look for a girl that is willing to join the competition with you.” Alice said.

“What is your reason?” Belle asks.

“Excuse me?” Alice asks.

“You’re a part of the dance club, so what is your reason why you join that club?” Belle asks.

Alice thought of it a second. What is her reason why she joined the dance club? Is it because she loves dancing? No it isn’t. It is just her hobby. She actually wants to be a DJ but there’s no club that is related to that. Then, why? Is it because of Oaujun? Because Oaujun joins the dance club, she followed him. But she can’t tell that to them!

“I wanted to be a DJ but since there is no club for that, I chose dance club since there are times that we remix songs for our performances. My hobby is dancing but I don’t see myself getting famous because of dancing.” Alice said. “Wait! What is related of this to our actual topic?”

“Here in Red-Orange Youth Dance Studio, all the dancers here have the same goals. And that’s to be known as great dancers. We do covers, choreographs, joining competitions, etc. because we want to be famous as dancers. Right now, we are short of girl members that’s why we need to look outside the team-” Belle said.

“Fine! That’s enough. I will join you even in the competitions but I will only do it if it is SNSD’s Gee and not in other music.” Alice said.

“Deal.” Aerin said and smiled.

“Can I go now?” Alice asks.

“Yes. Let’s meet again next week.” Aerin said.

“Ok.” Alice said.

……………………………………………………

Oaujun doesn’t know if he is dreaming or not while staring at the person that is now standing on his front.

“Hi!” the girl shyly greets.

“H-Hi.” Oaujun said.

“Where’s Nichkhun oppa?” the girl asks in English.

“O-Outside.” Oaujun said in English.

“You must be Oaujun.” The girl said.

Oaujun just nodded.

“W-What is a famous Korean idol doing here?” Oaujun asks.

The girl giggled.

“My group is famous but I don’t consider myself that famous. Besides, just call me Hyoyeon. We already talked over the phone.” The girl said.

Name: Kim Hyoyeon

Description: Korea’s Dancing Queen

“R-Right.” Oaujun said.

“Hey! Just relax.” Hyoyeon said and sat on the sofa. “I don’t bite.”

“W-Well… I-I can h-help it.” Oaujun said.

“How about… why don’t you be my tour guide?” Hyoyeon asks.

“T-Tour guide?” Oaujun asks.

Hyoyeon nodded.

“I came here for a vacation but since Nichkhun oppa is busy, he can’t accompany me. Besides, if some fans see us together, it will make a scandal.” Hyoyeon said.

“B-But what if fans see you with me?” Oaujun asks.

“Well, you can invite your girlfriend.” Hyoyeon said.

“I don’t have a girlfriend.” Oaujun said.

“How about a girl friend?” Hyoyeon asks.

Oaujun suddenly remembers Alice.

“I have one. I’ll call her now.” Oaujun said.

……………………………………………………

Alice went to a café and waits for someone.

Just then, Oaujun calls her.

“What do you want now?” Alice asks.

How’s the meeting?

“Fine but that P’Bella annoyed me.” Alice said.

Why? Anyway, you can tell me that later. Can you come to Lilac Luster Fountain Hotel?

“No.” Alice said.

Please… I need your help.

“Oaujun, I told you, I can’t! I have schedules today, you know?” Alice said. “Goodbye!”

Alice is really pissed off. Oaujun is taking her for granted.

“Woah! What happened to you?” Focus asks when she arrived.

“P!” Alice said and hugs her.

“I miss you so much!” Alice said.

“I miss you, too.” Focus said.

Alice ends the hug.

Focus sat on the vacant chair.

“So, how are you?” Focus asks. “I heard you a while ago. Who is it?”

“Just a friend who always takes me for granted.” Alice said. “He already forced me to join some cheap cover dance group and now he wants me to see him again. I have a life on my own.”

“Well, maybe, he really need you now. Why don’t you meet him now? We can just see each other again. I also need to see someone.” Focus said.

“Are you sure?” Alice asks.

“Yes.” Focus said.

“Oh alright.” Alice said. “I’m happy to see you again.”

“Me too.” Focus said.

“Bye.” Alice said.

“Bye.” Focus said.

……………………………………………………

Oaujun and Hyoyeon are still inside the room when someone knocks on the door.

Oaujun hurriedly opens it.

“Now what?” Alice asks. “I cancelled my schedule today just for you.”

“Get in.” Oaujun said.

Alice get inside the room.

“What do you want?” Alice asks.

“Actually, it wasn’t me.” Oaujun said.

“Who?” Alice asks.

“She.” Oaujun said and points at Hyoyeon that is sitting on the sofa.

Alice’s eyes widened.

“Oh my gee! You’re Hyoyeon, right? The Dancing Queen of SNSD?” Alice asks.

“Yes, I am.” Hyoyeon shyly said.

“Oh my gee! What are you doing here? And how did you know Oaujun?” Alice asks.

“We can tell you that later. But for now, you must go with us.” Oaujun said.

“Where?” Alice asks.

“Around Bangkok.” Oaujun said.

“Why?” Alice asks. “Am I chaperone?”

“No. In order not to create scandal, we will tour her around Bangkok.” Oaujun said.

“Why scandal?” Alice asks.

“It is weird if fans see me and her together.” Oaujun said.

“I see.” Alice said. “I’ll do it but in one condition.”

“Sure.” Oaujun said.

“Not you.” Alice said and looks at Hyoyeon.

……………………………………………………

“So you two are dancers?” Hyoyeon asks while they are inside Alice’s car.

“Yes.” Alice said while driving.

“And you are covering dances of KPOP?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Only him. I just helped him this time so I need to join their cover dance with your song. So, I will tour you around Bangkok and in exchange, you will help me with your dance parts.” Alice said.

“No problem.” Hyoyeon said. “So, are you two dating?”

“No. It will never happen. I and Alice are like siblings.” Oaujun said.

Alice feels hurt deep inside. Oaujun only showed to her that there will be no chance of them to be more than friends.

……………………………………………………

The day gets worse when Oaujun takes care of Hyoyeon every time while Alice is just like a chaperon that is following them.

They are now at the famous dessert café and the two are totally ignoring her.

“I’ll go to the restroom and then I’ll just wait you at the car if you’re done.” Alice said.

Oaujun said ‘ok’ but he didn’t even look at Alice.

……………………………………………………

After going to the restroom, Alice went back to her car.

She decided to call Gypsy while waiting in her car but Gypsy isn’t answering the call.

Next, she called Proud.

In just one ring. Proud answers it.

“Let me guess. You are on a date with Tao but you’re early again so while waiting, you are playing with your phone?” Alice asks.

Correction, Tao is already late.” Proud said.

“How many minutes?” Alice asks.

An hour!” Proud said.

“Oh my gee! Girl, you should stop waiting now and go somewhere else. 5 minutes late is ok. 10 minutes late is ok. 15 minutes late is not ok. An hour? If I were you, I already left 15 minutes of waiting.” Alice said.

He’s busy, you know.” Proud said.

“How did you know? Did he tell you? Did he texted or called you?” Alice asks.

No. But he is always like that.” Proud said.

Alice rolled her eyes.

“Girl, leave now and stop waiting. He is not coming.” Alice said.

But-” Proud said.

“Leave now.” Alice said.

Ok. Ok. Do you want to hang out with me?” Proud said.

“I can’t. I am chaperone.” Alice said.

With your bro?” Proud said.

“No. With Oaujun and some girl.” Alice said.

Oh my! Girl, you should leave them. How can you let yourself go down? He is just a guy, ok?” Proud said.

“Ha ha! Look who’s talking.” Alice said.

Just then, Alice saw Krist with Mild going to Krist’s car.

She is shocked to see the two together that she forgotten about Proud.