Chapter 10 - The Mermaid and The KPOP Idol

Red Fountain Academy Series

South Korea…

Puifai woke up late because she slept late last night. After doing her routine every morning, she goes out of the room.

“Good afternoon.” Nichkhun greets her.

“Is it already late?” Puifai asks.

“Not actually. It is just 10 in the morning.” Nichkhun said. “I have a meeting in the agency at 12. Let’s go there first before we go around the city.”

“What about your fans?” Puifai asks.

“Nothing to worry about. I can just tell them that we are friends.” Nichkhun said.

“Ok.” Puifai said. “I think, I should get ready.”

“Ok.” Nichkhun said.

……………………………………………………

JYP Entertainment…

Puifai felt relieved when they are already inside the agency. A while ago, she saw lots of fans waiting outside the building. And when she got out from Nichkhun’s van, the fans are looking at her. Nichkhun smiled at them and told them that she a friend of his and Cherreen.

“Where are your group members?” Puifai asks Nichkhun when they are now at the elevator.

“They left early for their schedules but they will be with us.” Nichkhun said.

The elevator stops at the top floor and they get out.

They went to the room.

“Annyeong Hasaeyo!” Nichkhun greets.

“Oh, you’re here.” The man said.

“Teacher, this is Natthapat Wipatkornthrakul. A friend of mine in Thailand.” Nichkhun introduced her to the man.

“Annyeong Hasaeyo!” Puifai greets.

“I’m Park Jin Young. Nice to meet you, Ms. Wipatkornthrakul.” The man said.

Name: Jin Young Park aka JYP

Description: CEO of JYP

“You can call me Puifai.” Puifai said.

“What brings you here, Puifai?” JYP asks.

“She is a swimmer and she will be competing in a national competition so before her bloody training, I asked her to come with me so she can relax.” Nichkhun said.

“That’s good.” JYP said. “But you will be busy for recording the songs.” JYP said.

“It’s ok. I have a relative in Gangnam, I can visit her.” Puifai said.

“I see.” JYP said.

Then, JYP’s telephone’s rings. JYP answers it.

“You didn’t told me about your relative.” Nichkhun said to her. “Anyway, I still have time. I can still accompany you before I record the songs.”

“No need.” Puifai said.

“I brought you here so you’re my responsibility.” Nichkhun said.

“You’re not my guardian.” Puifai said.

“No more arguments. I am coming with you whether you like it or not.” Nichkhun said.

After a while, Taecyeon arrived.

“Taec, you look like you haven’t slept last night.” Nichkhun said.

“I haven’t. I was at Jeju yesterday and after the shooting, I went straight here.” Taecyeon said.

Taecyeon noticed Puifai.

“You must be Natthapat Wipatkornthrakul. Nichkhun talks a lot about you.” Taecyeon said. “I’m Ok Taecyeon.”

“Nice to meet you.” Puifai said.

“You are more beautiful than what Nichkhun said.” Taecyeon said.

Puifai looks at Nichkhun.

“Uhmm… Puifai, there’s a café on the 1st floor. Why don’t you wait for me there? I’ll meet you there.” Nichkhun said.

“Ok.” Puifai said and left.

“Taec, watch what you’re saying!” Nichkhun said to Taecyeon.

“What? I am just helping you.” Taecyeon said.

“I don’t need your help. Puifai is more complicated than you think.” Nichkhun said.

“If that’s what you want.” Taecyeon said.

……………………………………………………

Café…

While waiting for Nichkhun, Puifai orders milkshake and reads a book that she brought.

In less than an hour, Nichkhun came.

“Let’s go.” Nichkhun said in a hurry.

“What’s with the rush?” Puifai asks.

“The recording will start tonight until tomorrow so we only have 7 hours to go around the city.” Nichkhun said.

“Ok.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

“So, where do you want to go?” Nichkhun asks when they are inside the van.

“I want to visit my relative first.” Puifai said.

“In Gangnam?” Nichkhun asks.

“Yes.” Puifai said.

Nichkhun told his manager where they are going.

It didn’t take long to reach Gangnam. Puifai told the manager where the house is.

“Here we are.” Puifai said.

Puifai and Nichkhun go out of the van.

“I’ll wait you here.” Nichkhun’s manager said.

Puifai rings the doorbell.

Who is it?

“Auntie, it is me, Puifai.” Puifai said.

Then, a woman in her 40’s came out.

“Oh my! Puifai, this is a surprise!” the woman said and opens the gate.

Puifai hugs the woman once the gate opens.

“Auntie, I’d like you to meet-”

“I know him. He is Nichkhun Horvejkul of 2PM. I know because Ken likes to watch them on TV.” The woman said. “I’m Caroline Desneiges, Puifai’s aunt. I am her father’s 2nd cousin.”

Name: Caroline Desneiges

Description: Single Mom

The three went inside the house.

“Where’s Joong Ki?” Puifai asks.

“Tar and Due brought him in the mall. They will be back soon.” Caroline said and went to the kitchen to get them some drinks.

Just then, they heard noises coming from the door.

“Ma, we’re back!” a guy’s voice said.

“Halmeoni, Joong Ki is back!” a little voice said.

Puifai feels excited when she heard that voice.

Soon, a little boy came running in the living room. The little boy stops running and stares at them.

“Nichkhun ahjushi!” the little boy happily said and runs to Nichkhun.

Puifai feels a little bit disappointed.

“Yah… Joong Ki… Are you not happy to see me?” Puifai asks.

“Welcome back, eomma.” The little boy said and hugs Puifai.

“Eomma?” Nichkhun is surprised.

“Nichkhun, meet my son, Joong Ki Wipatkornthrakul.” Puifai said.

Name: Joong Ki Wipatkorthrakul

Description: The Son

……………………………………………………

Bangkok, Thailand…

Kan went to the Wipatkornthrakul’s mansion.

“She’s not here.” Paula said.

“Where is she?” Kan asks.

“Don’t you know? She went to South Korea.” Paula said.

“South Korea? What is she doing there?” Kan asks.

“I don’t know! Do I need to know her every action?” Paula said. “Why don’t you ask her friends?”

Paula shuts the door.

……………………………………………………

“Puifai, it is a surprise. Do you already miss Joong Ki?” the guy asks.

Name: Navin Desneiges aka Tar

Description: The Uncle

“I always misses my son.” Puifai said.

“But why are you here? Don’t you have classes?” the woman asks.

Name: Arisara Thongborisut aka Due

Description: The Aunt

“Nichkhun brought me here so I can have time to relax before my training.” Puifai said. “But I feel that Joong Ki is happier to see Nichkhun than I am.”

“Ma told me that Kunchanuj is back.” Tar said.

Puifai felt nervous.

“Joong Ki, will you play with halmeoni?” Puifai asks.

“Ok.” Joong Ki said and went to Caroline.

“Kan is back in the academy but not in my life.” Puifai said.

“Good.” Tar said.

Puifai understands why her cousin is mad at Kan. During her pregnancy, Puifai lived with Caroline and her son because not only she is close with them but they can keep her secret.

“Is it alright for him to know your secret?” Due asks talking about Nichkhun.

“Yes. In fact, he is my fake boyfriend every time Kan is trying to get back to me.” Puifai said.

“Can you trust him?” Tar asks.

“Yes.” Puifai said.

Tar looks at Nichkhun.

“How sure are we that we can trust you?” Tar asks Nichkhun.

“Puifai is one of the important students of the academy, I will not do anything to harm her reputation.” Nichkhun said.

Deep inside, Puifai feels hurt knowing that Nichkhun is only care about her reputation.

……………………………………………………

Nichkhun, Puifai and Joong Ki went out that day. They went to amusement park.

Joong Ki is very happy that he wanted to try all the rides.

“Why did you name him Joong Ki?” Nichkhun asks.

“I named him after the rookie actor named Song Joong Ki. I saw him once in a movie and I fell in love to his pretty face.” Puifai said while they are at the restaurant.

“Why did you lie to me? You said that you abandoned him.” Nichkhun asks.

“Because I don’t want anyone to know about him.” Puifai said.

“Does your friends know about him?” Nichkhun asks.

“Only Gypsy, Alice and Victor.” Puifai said. “They know that every vacation, I am always here to be with him.”

“But sooner or later, everyone will know about him.” Nichkhun said.

“I know that but I am just protecting my son too.” Puifai said.

“From Kan.” Nichkhun said.

“Yes.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Red Fountain Academy…

The Dance Club members are staying in the academy for the weekend because they are preparing for the anniversary.

“10 minutes break.” Oaujun said.

Cherreen went to her bag and grab her water bottle. Then, she notice that Alice and Oaujun are sweet together.

When Alice left, Cherreen approached Oaujun.

“Since when did you two started dating?” Cherreen asks.

“We’re just pretending to make Mind stop coming back to me. Just like what Nichkhun and Puifai doing.” Oaujun said not knowing that he already said the secret of Nichkhun and Puifai.

“Nichkhun and Puifai?” Cherreen asks.

“Yes. They are pretending because of Kan.” Oaujun said.

Cherreen is confused.

“Oh sh*t.” Oaujun said.

Cherreen leaves the room and Kang followed her.

“Cherreen, where are you going?” Kang asks.

“I’m going to talk to Gypsy.” Cherreen said.

……………………………………………………

Back inside the club, Alice saw Cherreen leaving.

“Oaujun, where is Cherreen going?” Alice asks.

“Probably to Gypsy since Puifai and Nichkhun are not here.” Oaujun said.

“Why?” Alice asks.

“I accidentally told Cherreen the secret of the two.” Oaujun said.

“What?!!!” Alice shouts and goes out of the club.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

Cherreen saw Gypsy sitting on the side of the pink fountain.

“Gypsy!” she called her.

“Yes, Cherreen?” Gypsy asks.

“Puifai and Nichkhun are dating?” Cherreen asks.

Gypsy is shock that Cherreen knew it.

“Cherreen…” Gypsy said.

“You knew, right? After all, you are her best friend.” Cherreen said.

“Cherreen, let’s talk inside the dormitory, huh?” Alice said.

“You knew, too?” Cherreen asks.

Alice can’t even look Cherreen in her eyes.

“Of course! You three are sharing the room. I’m the sister but you didn’t even bother to tell me? What kind of friends you are?!” Cherreen is mad.

“Puifai has the reason.” Gypsy said.

“Because she clearly knew that I don’t want someone dates my brother but she did.” Cherreen said.

“Exactly! Because of that.” Gypsy said. “You are so obsessed with your brother that you don’t want anyone to date him. Nichkhun has his own mind and heart but you are controlling-”

Cherreen slaps Gypsy even before she finished what she is trying to say.

“What’s the use of our group when you are just being bias? You three betrayed me.” Cherreen said. “I don’t want to hang out with you. I’m out.” Cherreen said and left.

Kang followed her.

……………………………………………………

Before going back to the agency, Nichkhun bring the mother and son back to Caroline’s house.

“Thank you for your time, Nichkhun. Joong Ki is really happy.” Puifai said while holding the sleeping Joong Ki.

“Puifai, I know that this is sudden but will you be my girlfriend for real?” Nichkhun asks.

Puifai is shock that she doesn’t know what to say. She knew that she has feelings for Nichkhun but what about Cherreen?

“Your sister. She doesn’t like you dating someone.” Puifai said.

“It is my life. I will decide for it.” Nichkhun said. “Now, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Yes.” Puifai said.

Nichkhun smiled and kisses her.

“See you on Sunday.” Nichkhun said.

……………………………………………………

Nichkhun and Puifai are back in the academy. They don’t know what happened last weekend and luckily no other students found out what happened.

Cherreen and Thanaerng don’t hang out with Gypsy’s group. Puifai already knew what happened and the first thing she did is to talk to Cherreen.

“Cherreen, I’m sorry.” Puifai said.

“Sorry? Too late for that.” Cherreen said.

“You don’t need to apologize because you didn’t done anything wrong.” Nichkhun said.

“Nichkhun!” Cherreen said.

“Cherreen, I want you to know that I and Puifai are dating for real.” Nichkhun said.

“What?!” Cherreen said. “I don’t accept it.”

“You don’t have a right to tell me what I do.” Nichkhun said.

Nichkhun holds Puifai’s hand and left.

……………………………………………………

Cherreen and Thanaerng stop hanging out with Gypsy’s group.

“Are you really going to act like that? They are your friends.” Thanaerng said.

The two are in the café.

“They are not my friends anymore.” Cherreen said.

“You’re stupid.” Thanaerng said.

“What?!” Cherreen said.

“You’ve been friends for years but because the two are dating, you forget your friendship.” Thanaerng said.

“I don’t want to listen to this.” Cherreen said.

“If things didn’t go well, I am sure that you will be running back with your friends.” Thanaerng said.

“You’re here, remember?” Cherreen said.

“I am but I’d rather be alone.” Thanaerng said.

“Hey! Some best friend you are.” Cherreen said.

Thanaerng smiled.

“I am your best friend but you also have some friends that are there in times of your need.” Thanaerng said and left.

“Where are you going?” Cherreen asks.

“Lost Forest.” Thanaerng said.

……………………………………………………

Thanaerng didn’t go to the Lost Forest but she is waiting for Pearwah.

Pearwah is inside the locker room in the gym. When everyone left except Pearwah, Thanaerng locks the door.

Pearwah is going to leave when she saw Thanaerng at the door.

“Aren’t you one of P’Keerati’s friends?” Pearwah asks.

“How’s your stalking in South Korea?” Thanaerng asks.

“How did you know that I am in South Korea?” Pearwah asks.

Thanaerng reads something from the small notebook she is holding.

“Nichaphat Chatchaipholrat, Prof. Namcha’s step sister. Has been a fan of 2PM since last year. Bias? Nichkhun Horvejkul. Went to Red Fountain Academy to see her idol. Went to South Korea last week same flight as her idol. Followed her idol everywhere he goes in South Korea. Returned to Thailand same flight as her idol.”

“What do you want?” Pearwah asks.

“The pictures.” Thanaerng said. “I knew that you took pictures of him and Puifai together with a child. I am sure that you are planning to leak the photos everywhere. Give it to me or I will show everyone that you’re a stalker. I wonder what will gonna happen to Prof. Namcha once it happens.” Thanaerng said.

Pearwah opens her bag and gave the film to Thanaerng.

“The other one. I am not stupid.” Thanaerng said.

Pearwah gave the other film to her.

“Very good, little girl.” Thanaerng said and left.

……………………………………………………

Thanaerng gave the films to Puifai but she didn’t tell her that it was from Pearwah.

“Be careful next time.” Thanaerng said.

“But why are you doing this?” Puifai asks. “You are Cherreen’s best friend and she hates me.”

“I am just protecting Cherreen’s friends. Besides, Cherreen is just disappointed for the three of you because you kept a secret from her. Just let her cool down.” Thanaerng said.

“Thanks, Thanaerng.” Puifai said.

Thanaerng left.