Chapter 5 - First Day

Red Fountain Academy Series

It is the first day of school in Red Fountain Academy. It is the tradition in Red Fountain Academy that every first day of school, the old and new students will gather around in the Red Fountain’s Great Hall.

The Red Fountain’s Great Hall is the biggest building in the academy. It is located 2km from the entrance gate of the academy. Outside the Red Fountain’s Great Hall, the red fountain can be seen. It is the only building in the academy where all the students from Kindergarten to College gather around every first day of school and anniversary of the academy.

For that year, the High School Student Council will be in-charge for the ceremony.

“Hello! Red Fountain Academy!!!” Oaujun and Alice loudly said when the ceremony starts.

Everyone’s scream filled the hall.

“I’m Alice Tsoi.”

“And I’m Oaujun Korn Khunatipapisir.”

“Everyone, welcome to Red Fountain Academy!!!” the two said.

“We are all gathered here because today is the first day of school, right, Oaujun?” Alice said.

“Yes. And it is tradition of Red Fountain Academy to gather the old and new students from Kindergarten to College every first day of school year and also every anniversary.” Oaujun said. “Alice, look at the new students. So many this year.”

“Right.” Alice said. “Before anything else, shall we ask some new students why they decided to study here?”

“Ok.” Oaujun said.

The hosts went down from the stage.

They chose a girl student.

“What’s your name?” Oaujun asks.

“Belle.” The girl said.

“What is the reason why you chose Red Fountain Academy?” Oaujun asks.

“P’Push.” She said shyly.

“Ah! Push! The ambassador.” Oaujun said. “You will get to see him later or every day.”

They get to ask some few new students when Oaujun noticed someone.

“Alice, look who is here.” Oaujun said. “Punpun is back!”

The girl feels awkward.

Name: Sutatta Udomslip aka Punpun

Description: The Pretty Student

“Punpun was a student here but now she’s back.” Oaujun said.

“How are you?” Alice asks.

“Good.” Punpun said.

“Is this for real? You’re not leaving again?” Alice asks.

“Y-Yes.” Punpun said.

“Good to see you, Punpun.” Alice said.

Oaujun and Alice went back to the stage.

“Now, let’s know a little bit of information about our academy. I know that the old students are sick of hearing this every first day of school year but this is important for the new students.” Oaujun said.

“Red Fountain Academy was founded in year 1957 by Dilok Mahapreukpong. Dilok Mahapreukpong inherited a small lot from his father and decided to build a school. Originally, he was going to name it D.M. University but while his workers are building the fountain, the water changed into colour red. Although the workers already fixed it, Dilok Mahapreukpong insisted that the fountain shall have red water and it will be the centre of the school, hence, he called his school, Red Fountain Academy.” Alice said.

“Now, it is time to know the three towns of Red Fountain Academy.” Alice said. “Let’s start with Primary Town. The gate of the Primary Town is located 500 meters east away from here. There where you will found the 3 four-storey building for the classrooms of kindergarten and primary stidents. They also have two playgrounds: one for kindergarten and one for primary students. They also have their own cafeteria, a man-made park, Primary Theatre, 2 dormitories and a four-storey building for the clubs.”

“Let’s introduce the Primary Student Council.” Oaujun said. “First up, the cute and smart president, Ploynoii Ravintera Phiangphor.”

“She is known as Manager Ploynoii. She is very well known as the discipline manager. She is very strict with her rules and doesn’t let anyone escape from her rules.” Alice said.

“Next is the beautiful girl and the popular vice president, Tonson Banyada Mahapreukpong.” Oaujun said.

“She is known as Assistant Manager Tonson. She is also the president of Drama Club in Primary Town. Just like her older sister, the ambassadress, Tonson is a rising star it comes to acting.” Alice said.

“Let’s meet the smart and very kind secretary, Toey Sittiwat Imerbpathom.” Oaujun said.

“Toey Sittiwat Intarasut is also known as Master Toey. There is one famous line in Primary Town: If you don’t know the answer, ask Master Toey. If there is no classes, you can see him in the library.” Alice said.

“Now, we will get to meet the one who holds the funds of the Primary Town, Film Nattapat Nitipaisankul.” Oaujun said.

“He is known as Bank Film. He is quiet but he knows if your club is using the money right or not. If you’re not using the money right, he and the sergeant-at-arms will come to you.” Alice said.

“You said about sergeant-at-arms, let’s get to meet him. Girls do fall in love with him but he is no mercy. He is handsome yet dangerous, Jo Kavinpat Tsoi.” Oaujun said.

“Captain Jo is famous for being handsome and the Captain America of the girls. Naughty boys should watch out because if Captain Jo see you harassing girls, you will be punish!” Alice said.

“Lastly, let’s meet the representatives of Primary Town. The prince and princess of Primary Town, Boom Udompanich Krittapak and Sakun Karnyaphak Supreeleela.” Oaujun said.

“Boom is known as K-POP Boom. With his handsome and fair skin, he is often mistaken as Korean guy. Sakun is known as Icy Sakun. She has this eyes that you will feel cold if you stare at but she is famous in Primary Town.” Alice said.

“And there you have it, the Student Council of Primary Town.” Oaujun said. “Next, is the High School Town. High School Town is located 500 meters west away from here. There, you can see the 3 four-storey buildings for the classrooms, a cafeteria, the Sports Complex, a library, a gym, a swimming pool, Anne’s Park, a four-storey building for the clubs, High School Theatre, the Pink and Blue Fountain dormitories, the Lost Forest, Narin Lake and the Green Fountain Paradise.”

“Let’s know the student council.” Alice said. “First is the ever handsome and cold hearted president, Tao Satthapong Phiangphor.”

“For your information, Manager Ploynoii and President Tao are siblings. President Tao is known as a strict president but he did many good things in High School Town.” Oaujun said.

“Next is our handsome and famous to girls, vice president, Thorn Shaun Jindachot.” Alice said.

“Vice President Thorn is such a heartthrob. He used to be a playboy but he changed. He is full of support for President Tao.” Oaujun said.

“And another handsome guy from High School Student Council, the handsome, tall and already taken, the secretary, Mike Pirath Nitipaisankul.” Alice said.

“Mike is known as the Blue Fountain Dorm Keeper. Guys who live in the dorm must be very careful and always follow the rules if you don’t want to be kicked out from the dormitory.” Oaujun said.

“Third is the one of the three girls in student council. The beautiful, y and already taken, the treasurer, Aom Sushar Manaying.” Alice said.

“If Mike is the Blue Fountain Dorm Keeper, Aom is the Pink Fountain Dorm Keeper. If Mike is already taken, so is Aom. Because the two are famous couple in our academy.” Oaujun said.

“Let’s meet the sergeant-at-arms. She, you heard me, she. Don’t underestimate her height and her gender for she is the toughest sergeant-at-arms, Tina Supanart Jittaleela.” Alice said.

“Known as the handsome girl, Sergeant-at-arms Tina is the girl you don’t want to mess up with. If she saw you doing against the rules, she will gonna kick your .” Oaujun said.

“Let’s skip the representatives since we will get to meet them later. And now, the only position that only the High School Student Council has. The architect, and our architect is none other than, Jespipat Tilaputt.” Alice said.

“Jes is the architect of High School Student Council. He’s in-charge of everything about the designs and constructions related to High School Town.” Oaujun said. “Done with the Primary Town and High School Town. Let’s go to the College Town.”

“College Town is located 2km north away from here. It is the farthest because College Town is also the biggest town among the three. Why? Because everything is already there, 20 ten-storey buildings each faculties, swimming pool, gym, library, faculty building, clinic, College Theatre, 20 cafeterias, observatory and a farm. Yes, a farm, it is located at the back of faculty of agriculture. There are lots of places to see there but primary and kindergarten are not allowed to go there except for clinic and faculty building. Also, you will know that you are already in the entrance of the College Town if you see the Keerati River. It is a man-made river that separate College Town from the two towns.” Alice said.

“Let’s introduce the College Student Council.” Oaujun said. “First up, the ruler of the students from kindergarten to college, the president, March Chutavuth Pattarakampol.”

“He is known as CEO March. He is also the representative of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.” Alice said.

“The beautiful and smart Vice President, Sita Maharavidejakorn.” Oaujun said.

“She is known as Vice-Director Sita. She is also the representative of Faculty of Fine Arts.” Alice said.

“Next is the nice guy, the secretary, Amp Chusakdiskulwibul Phurikulkrit.” Oaujun said.

“Secretary Amp is also the representative of Faculty of Mass Communication. He is a famous actor in College Town.” Alice said.

“He is not gay, I repeat, he is not gay. The treasurer of College Student Council, Leo Saussay.” Oaujun said.

“He is the representative of Faculty of Business Administration. Don’t call him gay and you will be fined.” Alice said.

“Next is the handsome and cool Sergeant-at-arms, General Hunz Isariya Patharamanop.” Oaujun said.

“The representative of Faculty of Economics. The handsome of all handsome, the smile, the abs, the eyes-”

“Alice…” Oaujun warned her.

“Sorry.” Alice said.

“Lastly, the representatives of College Student Council, the future lawyer, August Vachiravit Paisarnkulwong and the y and beautiful future nurse, Piglet Charada Imra.” Oaujun said.

“P’August is the representative of Faculty of Law while P’Piglet is the representative of Faculty of Nurse.” Alice said.

“And there you have it, the student councils from the three towns.” Oaujun said.

“But we are still missing two people.” Alice said.

“And I am sure that the students are very eager to see them.” Oaujun said.

“Shall we?” Alice asks.

“Yes.” Oaujun said. “First up, he is a high school and will be graduating this year, a representative of High School Student Council and a member of Film Club. He is very famous that his fans made a fan club for him. A classmate of mine and Alice, the ambassador of Red Fountain Academy… Push Puttichai Kasetsin!”

The scream from the girls fill the hall when Push enter the stage. He is smiling and waving at the students.

“Oh my! Am I in Super Junior’s concert? I feel like Siwon is here.” Alice said. “But I’m sure the boys will gonna scream after I introduce this girl. She is a musical actress and a member of Drama Club. She is known as the No.1 Girlfriend-type based on the survey last year. The face of High School, our also classmate, the ambassadress of Red Fountain Academy… Gypsy Keerati Mahapreukpong!”

The boys scream loudly just like the girls.

Gypsy is smiling and waving her hand.

“Now, let’s introduce the people we respect.” Oaujun said.

“First up, they are responsible for the health of the students and also they are there if you feel sick and they are also the one to blame if the cafeterias are only selling vegetables sometimes. The heads of Health Sciences… The God and The Goddess… Dr. Nat Sakdatorn and Dr. Tiny Noel!” Alice said.

“Dr. Nat and Dr. Tiny are the founder of Paws and Whiskers Club in College Town, together with CEO March. Although Dr. Nat is a doctor of people, he takes care of animals too and he is famous for being love advisor. Also, Dr. Nat is the head of Faculty of Pharmacy.”

“Dr. Tiny is responsible if the cafeteria foods are bland but it is not always like that. Kidding aside. Dr. Tiny is also the head of Faculty of Medicine.” Alice said.

“Next is the head of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Professor Weir Sukollawat Kanarot. He also helps Dr. Nat and Dr. Tiny in Paws and Whiskers Club.” Oaujun said.

“The head of Faculty of Dentistry, Professor Numpeung Nattarika Thamapreedanan. She and Prof. Weir are the heads of Future Medical Professional Club.” Alice said.

“The favourite of the guys, the head of Faculty of Nursing, Professor Janesuda Parnto. She is also the head of Foreign Language Club, which majority of the members are male students.” Oaujun said.

“The head of Faculty of Psychology, Professor Min Pechaya Wattanamontree. She is the head of Pottery Club. Why Pottery Club? I don’t have no idea.” Alice said.

“And lastly, the head of Faculty of Sport Sciences, Professor Louis Scott. He is also the coach of Swimming Club.” Oaujun said. “Let’s know the professors of Science and Technology.”

“The head of Science and Technology and the Faculty of Science, Professor Bie Hsu Thassapak. And he is also the head of Science Club.” Oaujun said.

“Next is the head of the Faculty of Agriculture, Professor Anne Thamapreedanan also known as Anne of Green Fountain. She is the head of Agriculture Club. She is also teaching kindergarten.” Alice said.

“Third is the head of the Faculty of Architecture, Professor Toomtam Uttana Puangklang. He is the head of Photography Club.” Oaujun said.

“Fourth is the head of Faculty of Engineering and the Robotic Club, Professor Freudonidas Nathapon Chartpong.” Alice said.

“Let’s know the professors from Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. The head of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and also the head of Faculty of Education, Professor Toni Rakkaen. He is also the head of Film Club.” Oaujun said.

“Then, we have the head of Faculty of Business Administration, Professor Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He is also the head of Investment Club.” Alice said.

“The head of Faculty of Economics and Cooking Club, Professor Supranee Jayrinpon.” Oaujun said.

“The head of Faculty of Fine Arts and the head of Dance Club, Professor Four Sakolrat Wornurai.” Alice said.

“The head of Faculty of Humanities and Creative Writing Club, Professor Sobee Chotiros Kaewpinit.” Oaujun said.

“The head of Faculty of Law and History Club, Professor Sunny Suwanmethanont.” Alice said.

“The head of Faculty of Political Science and Public Administration, Professor Yuan Nithichai YotAmornSunthorn. He is also the head of Book Club.” Oaujun said.

“The head of Faculty of Social Sciences, Professor Ice Preechaya Ponthananikorn. She is also the head of Art Club.” Alice said.

“And lastly, the head of Faculty of Mass Communication, Professor Namcha Cheranut Yusanonda. She is also the head of Drama Club.” Oaujun said.

“These professors don’t only teach college students but they also teach students from primary to college.” Alice said.

“Let’s introduce a V.I.P, Very-Important-Person. If you see him around the academy, you must greet him politely. His biography can be read at the website of our academy. Let’s all welcome the principal, Mr. Supoj Janjareon.” Oaujun said.

A handsome guy in his 40’s get on the stage.

“This person that I am going to introduce is a V.V.I.P, Very-Very-Important Person. You might see her in our academy two to three times every year but she is working hard as our director. The goddess, y and single school director, Ms. Vichuda Pindum!” Alice said.

The school director enters the stage while waving her arm like a Miss Universe.

“And there you have it, the people that we respect in Red Fountain Academy.” Oaujun said.

Next is the speech from the school director, principal and presidents of student council.

“Before we go, CEO March is going to announce something.” Alice said.

March went on the stage.

“I would like to thank the High School Student Council for organizing this ceremony. I apologize for not helping and let President Tao handle alone the responsibilities.” March said. “The reason why we let the High School Student Council to organize this ceremony is because the College Student Council is busy with the surprise for the graduating students of High School. Some of you will enter and be part of Red Fountain College but some of you will leave and will choose other universities. As this will be your last year together, the College Student Council decided to give you a 2-day-cruise. President Tao is also a graduating student and I want to give this as a gift for him. He contributes many things to the academy. The date for the 2-day-cruise will be post in our website. That’s all. Thank you.”

“And now, it is time to say goodbye.” Alice said.

“Yes but after this, the old and new students can visit the club booths around outside the great hall. The primary’s club booths are located east of the great hall. The high school’s club booths are located west of the great hall and the college’s club booths are located north of the great hall. We hope that the new students will join the clubs before the end of the day.” Oaujun said.

“I’m Alice.”

“I’m Oaujun.”

“Red Fountain Academy Welcome Ceremony is signing-off. Goodbye, everyone!” the two said.