Chapter 1 - The Mermaid and The KPOP Idol

Red Fountain Academy Series

3 days before going back to the university…

Natthapat Wipatkornthrakul or Puifai is just came back from her vacation. When she got home, her siblings and their father are in the living room. It will be rude to not greet them but she decided to ignore them and go to her room but before she even step her foot on the stairs, her father notices her.

“So, you came back.” Her older sister said.

Name: Punlapa Margaret Wipatkornthrakul aka Paula

Description: The Gymnast

“I don’t see any reason not to be back. I only went there for a vacation.” Puifai coldly said.

“How rude? Instead of greeting us, you are talking back?” Paula said.

“P’Paula, relax. I’m sure Puifai is tired and wants to rest.” Her older brother said.

Name: Patiparn Wipatkornthrakul aka Mos

Description: The Business Man

“You’re always so nice to her, that’s why she still do what she wants.” Paula said.

“Enough! Mos has a point. We should let Puifai rest.” Their father said.

Name: Santisuk Wipatkornthrakul aka Noom

Description: The General

“Thank you, father.” Puifai said and went to her room.

……………………………………………………

Seoul, South Korea…

Nichkhun Horvejkul is busy packing some things that he will bring back to Thailand when one of his group members came in their room.

“I see… It is time for you to go back to school again and leaving us.” His group member said.

Name: Ok Taecyeon

Description: 2PM Member

“Taec, as if I don’t come back here every time we have a work.” Nichkhun said.

“Well, study hard. I and others are going out.” Taecyeon said and left.

……………………………………………………

Two days before the school starts, both old and new students are arriving to the Red Fountain Dormitories.

Cars are lining up on the side of the street.

But everyone’s attention caught by the expensive cars entering the gate of the dormitory and one of them is Puifai’s car.

She smoothly parked her car on her parking space when she saw Gypsy’s car going to Gypsy’s own parking space. She waited for the person inside Gypsy’s car to come out.

“Not surprising.” Puifai said when she saw Jes coming out from Gypsy’s car.

“Hello, Puifai!” Jes greets.

“Is that all you can do?” Puifai asks.

“What?” Jes asks.

“Parking Gypsy’s car every year. You like my best friend since as far as I remember but you are still stuck as her childhood best friend.” Puifai said.

“I will be her boyfriend someday.” Jes said. “See ya!”

Jes left.

Puifai sighed and get her things at the back of her car.

Then, Alice’s car came. As soon as the car parks, Proud came out and runs.

“O.M.G! Alice, you got your license?” Puifai asks.

“Yas!” Alice proudly said.

Puifai screamed and jumps.

“You’re the third member of our group that got a license. We can go somewhere far because we can take turn on driving.” Puifai said. “But what happened to Proud? She look sick when she got out.”

“I always step on the break but it is only 5 times.” Alice said.

Puifai blinks. “I think going somewhere far will wait until you can really drive well.”

“Oh come on! I can do it.” Alice said.

Puifai and Alice went inside the dormitory.

……………………………………………………

“So, where did you spent your vacation?” Alice asks while walking towards their room.

“Seoul.” Puifai said.

“You went to Seoul again? Last Christmas and New Year, you went there and now again? Do you visit someone there? A guy?” Alice asks.

Puifai smiled. “My baby.” Puifai said.

“So, you’re dating someone.” Alice said.

Puifai smirked.

“So, who’s the guy?” Alice asks.

Puifai didn’t answer her and get inside their room.

Oh shoot! Proud, for Alice’s sake it is daytime. Did you went to the club last night?” they heard Gypsy said from the inside of the bathroom.

“Oi! I heard my name again.” Alice said. Alice and Puifai are arrived.

“What’s wrong with Proud?” Gypsy asks while going out of the bathroom.

“Our dear Alice finally got her driver’s license and to celebrate it, she drove her new car from Bangkok to here with her only passenger, Proud.” Puifai said.

“Oh my gee! Congrats, sissy!” Gypsy said. “But what happened to Proud?”

“I always step on the break but it is only 5 times.” Alice said.

“10 times!” Proud shouts from the bathroom.

The three girls are trying not to laugh.

“I’m good now.” Proud said. “I’ll just go to my room.”

“Ok. Bye, sissy!” they said.

“Let’s start unpacking too?” Puifai asks.

“Yeah, sure.” Alice said.

“How’s the preparation for the tonight’s party?” Gypsy asks.

“The DJ is me so I’m ready.” Alice said.

“This will be our last welcome party.” Puifai said.

“No, it isn’t. We are still here for college, right?” Gypsy said.

Alice and Puifai avoid her eyes.

“Wait a minute. I have a bad feeling. What is it? Tell me.” Gypsy said.

“My dad wants me to study in Bangkok.” Alice said.

“Me too.” Puifai said.

“What? But we are all agreed that we are going to stay here.” Gypsy said.

“Yeah but my older brother and older sister both studied in the same university and that’s where dad and mom used to study too. They want me to follow their path.” Puifai said.

Gypsy felt disappointed.

“But maybe we can change our parents’ mind.” Alice said when she saw her disappointed.

“Never mind.” Gypsy said.

Alice and Puifai look at each other. They knew that Gypsy is disappointed.

……………………………………………………

Cherreen, Thanaerng and Nichkhun finally arrive at the Red Fountain Academy.

“Don’t cause any trouble.” Nichkhun said.

“We won’t.” Cherreen said.

Nichkhun went to the Blue Fountain Dormitory not minding some new students that are waiting for him. When he get inside the dormitory, they are about to follow him when Tao and Mike block their path.

“If you don’t want to be kick out from the academy, stop stalking idols.” Tao coldly said.

The new students left.

“Mike, I want you to know all the new students that are fans of idols that are studying here.” Tao said.

“Yes, President.” Mike said.

……………………………………………………

Nichkhun went inside his room and saw Oaujun there.

“Hey there, KPOP Idol. Did you get Hyoyeon’s number for me?” Oaujun asks.

“Nope.” Nichkhun said.

Oaujun pouts.

“But I gave your number to her.” Nichkhun said.

Oaujun’s eyes widened. “Really?”

Nichkhun nodded.

“You’re the best, KPOP Idol.” Oaujun said.

……………………………………………………

After unpacking her things, Puifai went to the swimming pool area. No one’s there. She sat on the edge of the pool and dip her feet in the water.

“I knew you would be here.” A voice said.

“Hi, Victor.” Puifai said.

Victor sat next to her.

“I can’t believe this will be our last year here.” Victor said.

“Are you not going to study here for college?” Puifai asks.

“I’m thinking to go to study in China.” Victor said.

“China? What about Wira?” Puifai asks.

“Guess I need to leave her and also my feelings for her.” Victor said.

“That’s a no-no. At least you need to confess your love to her.” Puifai said.

“What if she rejects me?” Victor asks.

“At least you’ve tried.” Puifai said.

“Will you help me?” Victor asks.

“Are you crazy? You know that our groups are enemies.” Puifai said. “Try asking Nitcharee.”

“It’s hard to talk to Best especially if Nicky is around.” Victor said. “By the way, have you talked to Kan?”

Puifai’s heart skip a beat after hearing that name.

“The last time he talked to me was when he broke up with me.” Puifai said.

“He’s coming back now from Japan.” Victor said.

“Is that so?” Puifai said, trying to sound like she isn’t affected.

“Do you still love him?” Victor asks.

“No…” Puifai said.

“He still loves you.” Victor said.

“I don’t care.” Puifai said. “He left so there’s no turning back. A break is a break. Once a guy break up with me, there’s no turning back.”

“Is that so?” Let’s see about that.” Victor said.

“What are you trying to say?” Puifai asks.

“Nothing.” Victor said. “Wanna grab something to eat? The noodle restaurant outside the academy is open again.”

“Let’s go.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Victor and Puifai went to the noodle restaurant. Some of the students are eating there.

While eating their noodles, Puifai notices two children playing outside the restaurant. Maybe they are just 3 to 4 years old. She keeps on watching them that she forgot her noodles.

“Puifai, are you alright?” Victor asks.

“Ha? Ah… Yes.” Puifai said.

Best and Nicky are coming. Nicky is being clingy to Best but Best is annoyed by him.

“Hey! Leave me alone!” Best yells at Nicky.

But it seems that it doesn’t affect Nicky.

Best is avoiding Nicky until she accidentally bump into the children.

The child cried.

“Oh! I’m so sorry.” Best said. She is not good in handling the children so she doesn’t know what to do.

Puifai saw it and approached the child and carry her.

“It’s ok, don’t cry, baby.” Puifai said.

The child is still crying.

“Are you hurt? Do you want a candy? I have a lollipop here.” Puifai said.

Luckily that she’s always have a lollipop in her pocket.

The child stops crying and take the lollipop.

Puifai puts down the child and child went to her playmate.

“Instead of flirting on the street, try to watch where you are going so you can’t cause an accident.” Puifai said.

“It is just an accident.” Best said. She doesn’t like being scolded by Puifai.

“Accidents do happen if a person is reckless.” Puifai said.

“Puifai, don’t blame Best, it was my fault.” Nicky said.

“You started it but she has a part too.” Puifai said.

“I already apologized to the child. What do you want?” Best asks.

“You don’t even know how to make a crying child stops crying.” Puifai said.

“Yeah I admit it. But I am not like you, using the lollipop to bribe the child. Well, isn’t it what always rich people do?” Best asks.

“You are talking like you are not part of a rich people.” Puifai said.

“My family used to be but a greedy man stole our money.” Best said.

“My dad didn’t stole it.” Puifai said while staring at Best’s eyes. “He just took his money that your father once stole.”

“Thief.” Best said.

“Your dad is the thief.” Puifai said.

“Girls, that’s enough. You are attracting the attention of the others.” Victor said. “Puifai, let’s go.”

Victor pulls Puifai away.

……………………………………………………

Nichkhun left the dorm and went to the football field. He plays the soccer ball all by himself. He didn’t know that someone is taking pictures of him.

Meanwhile, Puifai is finding a place where she can make a phone call when she saw Nichkhun playing and then not too far from her, she saw a person taking pictures of him.

She quietly approached that person and when she is now standing at the back of the person, she snatches the camera.

“Hey!” the guy said while turning around.

“Taking pictures of Red Fountain Academy students is strictly prohibited especially if that student is a public figure.” Puifai said and looks at the guy from head to toe.

“I haven’t seen you here before and you look old to be a student. You must be a paparazzi.” Puifai said.

“Sh*t!” the guy said and runs away.

Puifai took out her cellphone and calls Tao. “There’s a paparazzi inside the academy. He is wearing a uniform same as the guys’ uniform of high school. He’s ugly, fat and smell like a pig.”

“Puifai?” Nichkhun said when he saw her. The ball rolled towards Puifai.

“There was a paparazzi taking pictures of you. I got his camera but he escaped.” Puifai said.

“Did you call Tao?” Nichkhun asks.

“Yes. They will catch him soon.” Puifai said.

“Thanks.” Nichkhun said.

“You’re welcome.” Puifai said.

“If you need help, just ask me. It’s my way to repay you.” Nichkhun said.

“Not a bad idea. I’ll remember that.” Puifai said. “Gotta go. I’ll turn this over to Tao.”

“I’m coming with you. I know where he is.” Nichkhun said.

“Ok.” Puifai said.

The two walk.

“So, are you going to continue your studies here?” Nichkhun asks.

“I’m thinking about it. I told Gypsy that my family wants me to follow the path of my siblings and Gypsy is very disappointed. I can’t blame her, we promised that we stay here until college but it didn’t go as planned.” Puifai said.

“You’re close together but it doesn’t mean that you are always together.” Nichkhun said.

“Gypsy is so attached to us. It will be hard for her to be alone.” Puifai said.

“Even though you are not always together, you can still see each other again.” Nichkhun said.

“You’re right.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Puifai is checking the foods for the party when she encountered another enemy.

“What is this? Yuck! Do you even call this a food? It is raw!” Bifern said to Aom.

“Ever heard of sashimi, Anchasa? Of course it is raw.” Aom said.

Puifai laughed a little when she heard the two.

Bifern faces her.

“What are you laughing at? Are you the one who is in-charge with the foods?” Bifern asks.

“Actually, as the organizer, I am part of it. Why?” Puifai asks.

“Why do you have raw foods in the party?” Bifern asks.

“That’s what we call Japanese foods, Bifern. Never heard of it?” Puifai asks.

“O-Of course, I heard it! B-But we don’t eat raw foods.” Bifern said.

You don’t eat Japanese foods but others do.” Puifai said. “You can try Chinese foods.”

“I don’t eat Chinese foods.” Bifern said.

“Korean foods?” Puifai asks.

“No.” Bifern said.

“Thai foods?” Puifai asks.

“No- I mean yes.” Bifern said.

“Then, lucky for you, we have Thai foods here.” Puifai said. “Enjoy the party later.”

Puifai left followed by Aom.

“Nice one, Puifai. Gladly you came. If it was only me, I don’t know what to do.” Aom said.

“But I like what you answered to her.” Puifai said.

“But not the way you handled.” Aom said.

They are now at the lobby of the dormitory when someone bumps Puifai’s shoulder.

“Ouch! Watch it!” she yells.

The girl looks at her from head to toe and left.

“Are you alright?” Aom asks.

“Just a little hurt. Who is she anyway?” Puifai asks.

“New student. I think she’s Prof. Namcha’s sister.” Aom said.

“I see… That’s why she is acting like that.” Puifai said. “Anyway, I probably get ready for the party.” Puifai said.

“Ok. See ya.” Aom said.

……………………………………………………

Puifai, Gypsy and Alice are getting ready to the party.

“Puifai, can I have your curler?” Alice asks.

“Sure. I think I haven’t got it out from my luggage.” Puifai said.

Alice checks on Puifai luggage and she quickly found the curler. When she is getting out the curler, something fell.

“Oh? A picture?” Alice said and looks at the picture.

Puifai quickly took the picture and hid it inside her drawer.

“Who’s with you?” Alice asks.

“Just an old friend.” Puifai said and brush her hair.

Alice looks at her suspiciously. ‘Strange. Why is she has a picture with Nitcharee? I thought they are enemies.’ Alice’s thought.

“I’m ready, girls.” Gypsy said.

“I’m ready, too.” Puifai said.

“I’m not ready yet.” Alice said.

“You should hurry up, Ms. Emcee.” Gypsy said.

“I will!” Alice said.

Puifai is silent. She suddenly thinks about her ex-boyfriend.

“Sissy, are you alright?” Gypsy asks.

“Yeah. I’m just thinking about what Victor said.” Puifai said.

“What did he said?” Gypsy asks.

“Kan is back.” Puifai said.

Gypsy and Alice look at her.

“Will you be fine?” Alice asks.

Puifai sighed. “Honestly, I don’t know.” Puifai said. “He left me when I needed him most and now that I thought I am finally moved on, he came back.”

“Don’t worry, sissy. We will always be on your side.” Gypsy said.

“Thanks, girls.” Puifai said.