Chapter 6 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

Aom return to the Pink Fountain Dormitory for the Welcome Party.

“Ms. Manaying, the foods had arrived.” The chef said.

“Let me see.” Aom said.

Aom checks the foods and taste it to check if it is already spoiled or not.

“It’s good. Bring the foods in the dining area.” Aom said.

Next, Aom checks the drinks in the bar and made sure that no alcoholic drinks are there.

“Hey there, Aom. Aren’t you working too much? It is not the first day of class.” Proud said.

“Trust me, I didn’t enjoy my vacation because of this, the opening ceremony and the booths.” Aom said.

“Oh yeah… About the booth, I saw the design and it is amazing.” Proud said.

“Thanks to Jes.” Aom said and checks every bottle in the bar and even smell it.

“You know what?” Proud said while snatching the bottle that Aom is holding. “You should get ready for the party. Even if you check all the bottles here, some of the students will sneak alcoholic drinks if they want to. There will be some girls here that will get drunk.”

“But-”

“Come on! It is a Welcome Party, please don’t be too hard.” Proud said.

“Ok, fine.” Aom said.

……………………………………………………

Even though the party ended late last night, Aom woke up early for the preparation of the Opening Ceremony.

Tina woke up with the sounds of Aom’s alarm clock.

“Do you need to wake up early?” Tina asks sleepily.

“We should wake up early for the preparation of the ceremony.” Aom said while doing stretching.

Tina yawns.

“I’m still sleepy.” Tina said while covering herself with her blanket.

“Come on! Sergeant-at-arms, get up!” Aom said and jump on Tina and starts to tickle her.

Tina laughed loudly.

“Hey! Ex-lovers, will you please let me sleep?” Nanan said.

Aom and Tina stop.

“Sorry.” They said.

……………………………………………………

All the student council members are busy with the opening ceremony, particularly the High School Student Council.

“Aom, did Oaujun and Alice already here?” Mike asks.

“Not yet.” Aom said.

“If you saw them, tell them to coordinate with the technical team.” Mike said.

“Ok.” Aom said.

Aom is checking all the names on the chairs that will be use by the student councils when something cold touches her cheek.

Aom turned around and saw Film, Mike’s younger brother.

“You’re working too hard, P’Aom.” Film said while giving her a bottle of water.

“Thanks.” Aom said. “I must need to work hard. One mistake and we will taste the wrath of CEO March.”

“CEO March is scary.” Film said.

“He sure is.” Aom said.

“Hi, Aom! Hi Film!” Oaujun and Alice greet.

“Hello.” Film said. “I’d better find Jo.”

“Ok.” Aom said.

“Finally, you two are here. Mike said that you talk to the technical team.” Aom said.

“Got it.” The two said.

……………………………………………………

After the ceremony, Aom, Mike and Thorn are checking the booths.

“Do you have the application form for the fund?” Thorn asks the president of the Art Club.

“Yes. Here it is.” Bee said while giving the paper to Thorn.

“Only 5 members?” Mike asks.

“Yes. Is there something wrong?” Bee asks.

“You need at least to be 6 members or your club will be remove after a week.” Thorn said.

“What?! That can’t be!” Esther said. “Did you plan this, Thorn?”

“It is the President Tao’s order.” Thorn said.

“I don’t believe in you. You’re trying to get even with me because I can’t still accept you.” Esther said.

“I don’t involve my personal problems to my work in student council.” Thorn said.

“Esther, if you don’t believe us, you can go and talk to President Tao for yourself. We are only doing our job. Besides, if you want to save your club, approach the new students, not sitting inside the booth while your club members are under the heat trying to recruit new members.” Aom said.

“Are you trying to have a fight with me, huh?” Esther said.

“Esther, haven’t you forgotten that Aom is a member of student council? If you try to have a fight with a student council, you will be punish.” Mike said.

“I’m sorry about my friend. It is so hot today that her head doesn’t work well.” Bee said to them.

“But-”

“Go now. You will make our club instantly remove.” Bee whispered to her.

Esther went back inside the booth.

“We will get new members so we can save our club.” Bee said.

“Good.” Mike said.

The three left.

“Esther really changed.” Aom said. “She wasn’t like that before.”

“It is because of me.” Thorn said.

“That’s why you need to cherish a girl. Look at me and Aom.” Mike said.

“You never get jealous to anyone?” Thorn asks.

“Well, except to her friend Tina.” Mike said.

“What’s wrong with Tina?” Aom asks.

“A tom.” Mike said. “And she’s your roommate. Oh! Also your ex.”

“We had a past but Tina and I are just friends. She has a girlfriend now.” Aom said.

“But still you two are roommates.” Mike said.

“Urrgghh! So?” Aom said.

“If she has a girlfriend, why don’t she share a room with her?” Mike asks.

“Because she is not studying here. For your information, Nanan is also our roommate. You make it sound like we are the only two in the room.” Aom said.

“Nanan is a tom.” Mike said.

“And so?” Aom said.

“Guys, cut it out. You are fighting.” Thorn said.

“Sorry.” Mike said. “That’s why you need to cherish a girl. Just like me.”

“That wasn’t I saw.” Thorn said.

Their conversation got cut when Jes came.

……………………………………………………

Aom finally got a break. She let Mike alone because she is still mad at him when he opened up the topic about Tina.

Aom is at the pavilion when Nanan came.

“There you are. I’ve been looking for you.” Nanan said.

“We’re not close so why are you looking for me.” Aom coldly said.

Nanan smiled, she knew that Aom is in a bad mood and there is only one reason for that.

“Let me guess, you and Mike argued again because of Tina, right?” Nanan said.

Aom deeply sighed. “I don’t get it. What’s with the tom that he can’t even make friend with Tina?”

“I don’t think it has got to do with Tina being tom but he doesn’t like Tina because she is your ex.” Nanan said.

“Ex is ex. I always tell him that.” Aom said.

“What do you feel if Mike and his ex-girlfriend share one room?” Nanan said.

“I get mad. A guy and a girl, in one room, and they had past.” Aom said.

“Same as what Mike feels. Although, Tina is still a girl but you can’t change the fact that she is a tom plus you had a relationship.” Nanan said.

“Then, I am wrong all along?” Aom asks.

“Maybe. But in a relationship, you two must understand each other. If one is mad, the other one must remain calm. If you two are both mad, your relationship won’t last.” Nanan said.

“Thanks, Nanan.” Aom said. “But how did you know that I am here.”

“Mike went to our booth and talked to Tina. So, Tina asked me to find you here. I think Mike felt guilty with your argument a while ago so he talked to Tina.” Aom said.

“You know, I think I have a way on how to make Mike and Tina become friends.” Aom said.

“And what is it?” Nanan asks.

Aom smiled.

……………………………………………………

“A date with Tina?” Mike asks. The two are talking on the side of the Pink Fountain.

“It is a friendly date and besides, I am also there.” Aom said. “I want to have a date with my lovely boyfriend and with my best friend.”

“I don’t think I like that idea.” Mike said.

“Come on, it will be great.” Aom said.

“Why are you doing this?” Mike asks.

“The truth is, I want you to get Tina know better. Maybe if you hang out with her, you will not get jealous.” Aom said.

“You’re doing this because I am always jealous to her?” Mike asks.

Aom nodded. “It is alright if you don’t want. I don’t want to force you.”

“It’s alright. I like it that you make effort. I thought you will just do nothing and let me get jealous to Tina. A date is fine but not this weekend.” Mike said.

“No problem. Besides, it is our 2nd anniversary. I want to spend the day with you.” Aom said.

“I’ll make it special.” Mike said.

“Well, I’d better go. It is almost dinner time.” Aom said.

“Yeah. See you tomorrow.” Mike said.

……………………………………………………

Mike is eating alone in the dining room of Blue Fountain Dormitory when Nicky and New join him.

“So, what did you and Aom talk about?” Nicky asks.

“Do I need to tell you what a couple talking about?” Mike asks.

“Nicky, just shut your mouth.” New said. “So, have you resolve the issue about Tina?”

“Aom wants us to have a date with Tina.” Mike said.

“What? Her ex and her latest? That’s not good.” Nicky said.

“What’s wrong?” Mike asks. “She wants me to get to know Tina so I can stop being jealous of her.”

“But it is awkward.” Nicky said.

“But I think Aom has a point. If you just continue being jealous, it will lead to nothing. Maybe knowing her best friend will make you realize that there’s nothing to be jealous of.” New said.

“But, New-”

“Shut up, Nicky. I’m the love advisor not you.” New said.

“Then, why don’t you give me love advice how to get Best?” Nicky asks.

“Because it comes to you, I am always running out of idea.” New said.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

“A date with your boyfriend? Seriously?” Tina said.

Tina, Nanan and Aom are in their room.

“Yes. You, me and Mike.” Aom said while applying moisturizer on her face.

Aom went to Tina who is lying on the bed and apply the moisturizer on Tina’s face.

“But it will be awkward.” Tina said.

“I know that’s why I am there.” Aom said. “Please agree to it. It is the only way that Mike will stop being jealous to you.”

“You know, if he really loves you and has a trust on you, he will not be jealous of me.” Tina said.

“Please understand Mike. He has a trauma with lesbians and gays. He is not against with your kind but after he got brokenhearted by a lesbian, he doesn’t trust lesbians anymore and when he found out that he has a gay stalker, he is being careful with being friendly with gays.” Aom said.

“How about a double date? So, my girlfriend has a chance to meet you too.” Tina said.

“Not bad, I also want to meet your girlfriend.” Aom said.

“Meet or you want to know if she is better than you.” Nanan asks.

“Nanan!” Tina said.

“Well, she is half true. I want to know if she takes care of you better than when I took care of you.” Aom said.

“I don’t compare my past relationship to my present relationship so knock it out.” Tina said. “Besides, you two are different.”

“How about you, Nanan? Have you ever tried to date a girl? I know that you had a relationship once with a guy.” Aom said.

“Oh, please! I don’t wanna talk about it.” Nanan said. When it comes to relationships, Nanan always avoid to talk about it.

Tina and Aom respect her decision not to talk about it so they don’t force her.

……………………………………………………

That night, Aom and Tina are already asleep but Nanan isn’t. She went to the pool and sat beside the pool letting her feet deep in the water.

“P’Nanan?” a girl said.

Nanan look up and saw someone she knew from a long time.

“Bam? What are you doing here?” Nanan asks.

Name: Peramin Thabkaew aka Pemy/Bam

Description: The Nice Little Sister

“I still prefer Pemy.” She said. “I was transferred here. Actually, I saw you during the Welcome Party but I got shy to approach you.”

“But now you don’t.” Nanan said.

“Actually, I can’t sleep. I am nervous for tomorrow. I went here to calm myself and I didn’t expect you to be here. I thought everyone is already asleep.” She said.

“I thought that everyone is asleep except me. I guess I am wrong.” Nanan said.

Pemy sat beside her.

“How are you, P’Nanan?” She asks.

“Good.” Nanan said. Nanan wants to ask something to Pemy but she doesn’t have the courage to ask.

“P’Baan is doing great.” She said.

Nanan’s heart skip a beat when she heard the name that she never heard for a long time.

“I-I’m glad he did.” Nanan said.

“When I told him that I will be transferring here, he told me that in case I see you here, I should tell you that he misses you so much.” She said.

Nanan smirked.

“P’Baan still likes you.” She said. “He knew that you are a model now.”

“A lesbian model.” Nanan said.

“P’Baan feels sorry about it.” She said.

“What do you mean?” Nanan asks.

“That you become a lesbian because of him.” She said.

Nanan doesn’t like what she heard.

“Bam, if ever you talk to your brother, tell him that he doesn’t need to be sorry because I became a lesbian. I chose to be lesbian and I am happy to what I am now.” Nanan said and stands up. “You should go to sleep now.”

Nanan left Pemy alone.

……………………………………………………

Nanan went to her room and tried to sleep but she can’t help but to remember the past when she saw Pemy a while ago. The past that she thought she already forgotten.

Thinking about the past, Nanan didn’t notice that she is already crying. She went to the bathroom and wash her face. If she let herself cry tonight, her eyes will be swollen tomorrow and for sure, Tina will ask her about it.

After calming herself and washing her face, she went to her bed. Just then, her cellphone rings. She quickly answers it so her roommates will not wake up. She went to the balcony of their room.

“Yes, manager?” she said.

I’m glad you are still awake. You have a work. It is a TV commercial. But this time, you have a leading guy, is that alright?

“Y-Yeah…” she said.

Great. And you’ll be surprise with the location.

“Why?” she asks.

Red Fountain Academy.

“Really?” she can’t believe it.

Yes.

“But what is the TV commercial about?” she asks.

It is a branded bag but the theme of the commercial is a high school student.

“Do you have any idea who will be my leading guy?”

Mmm… Not yet. But I have a hint who it is but I will not tell you.

“Manager…”

I gotta go. So, see you next Friday to talk about it.

“Yes. Thank you. Goodnight.” She said.

Nanan went back inside the room and sleep. Having a work makes her forget the past that she fell asleep instantly.

……………………………………………………

The next day, Aom, Tina and Nanan are going to their classroom when Pemy suddenly hugs Tina that made Aom and Nanan shock.

“Surprise, baby!” Pemy said.

“Baby, what are you doing here?” Tina asks after the hug.

“I got transferred here.” Pemy said.

“Eh?!!!” Tina was shocked.

“Wait! Who are you?” Aom asks.

“I’m her girlfriend.” Pemy said.

“Girlfriend?!!!” Aom and Nanan are shock again.

“Bam, why didn’t you tell me last night?” Nanan asks.

“Wait! You know her, too?” Aom asks.

“She’s a friend from my past school.” Nanan said.

“And you already met last night?” Tina asks.

“Yes. And the reason why I didn’t told P’Nanan because I want to surprise you.” Pemy said.

“So, that’s the reason why you didn’t approached me in the Welcome Party. You lied to me.” Nanan said.

Pemy just smiled.

“Why did you transfer here?” Tina asks.

“Because I want to be with my baby. I always miss you so much. Seeing every once a week isn’t enough.” Pemy said while wrapping her arms to Tina’s arm.

Aom frowned and Pemy saw it.

“Who are you?” Pemy asks.

“I-”

“She’s Aom Sushar Manaying. The Pink Fountain Dormitory Keeper and the The Treasurer of High School Student Council.” Tina said.

“I know because of the Opening Ceremony yesterday. I want to know is who she is to you.” Pemy said.

Aom smiled.

“I am her best friend, roommate and ex-girlfriend.” Aom said.

“I see. You’re the clingy ex-girlfriend she’s talking about.” Pemy said.

“What do you mean?” Aom asks.

“I think we should go now before we get late.” Tina said and they all went to their classrooms.