Chapter 20 - The Calm Before The Storm

Red Fountain Academy Series

Weeks had passed and the anniversary of the Red Fountain Academy are approaching.

Every students are busy.

Gypsy’s group and Esther’s group are now friends.

“So, how are you and Oaujun?” Gypsy asks Alice.

Alice visited Gypsy in her house.

“We’re doing great. I still can’t believe that we are official and not pretending anymore.” Alice said.

“My vote really goes to Oaujun because I know that he will takes care of you unlike…” Gypsy said.

“Unlike Mek?” Alice asks. “Gypsy, I think that Mek is trying to stay out of trouble ever since he and Mild are going out.”

“For how long?” Gypsy asks.

“Well, it might be for good. Maybe Mild is the one that can stop Mek from being a troublemaker.” Alice said.

“Have you heard about gang wars or something lately?” Gypsy asks.

Alice shook her head.

“The last time I heard was when the Hormone Gang attacked Singto but after that it seems quiet.” Alice said.

Gypsy can’t help but to get worried. If what James said the last time was true, there will be a great storm ahead.

Alice checks on her cellphone.

“I’d better go. Oaujun is already here.” Alice said.

“Date?” Gypsy asks.

“Not actually date. I have a meeting with the Red-Orange Youth girls. Our dance cover will be this Saturday.” Alice said.

“Ok.” Gypsy said.

“Bye.” Alice said.

“Bye.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Red-Orange Youth Dance Studio…

“I would like to thank you all the girls and guys who participated and helped us for the cover of SNSD’s Gee. It was a huge hit. Thank you, everyone.” Aerin said.

Everyone clap their hands.

“Also, I would like to thank Alice. She is so very generous that she bought this place to be the official Red-Orange Youth Dance Studio.” Aerin said.

Everyone clap their hands.

“Alice, would you like to say a few words?” Aerin asks.

Alice went to Aerin’s side.

“I just want to say that for these past weeks, I am happy that I met new friends. If I declined Oaujun, I never get to experience these amazing things. You are all amazing. I may not be around but if you need help again, just tell Oaujun.” Alice said.

Aerin and the other girls hug her except Bella.

“The foods are here!” Oaujun announced.

Everyone gather around the food.

“Uhmm… P’Bella.” Alice approached Bella.

“What?” Bella asks.

“If there are some misunderstanding between us, I would like to apologize. I’m sorry.” Alice said.

“Seriously? Why are you apologizing when between us I must the one that will do that? I am mean to you. I tried to ruin your friendship from your group.” Bella said.

“You’re mean because you love Oaujun and I understand you. You tried to ruin my friendship with my group but I know that those mean girls influenced you. P’Bella, can we start again? But this time let’s be friends.” Alice said. “I’ll start. Hi! I’m Alice Tsoi. Can we be friends?”

Alice offers her hand for a handshake.

“I’m Bella Ranee Campen and yes, we can be friends.” Bella said and shake hands with Alice.

The two smiled.

Oaujun appeared and put his arms on the shoulders of the girls.

“So, are you friends now?” Oaujun asks.

Bella removes Oaujun’s arm on her shoulder.

“Yes. And please keep your distance from me. If I am going to be clingy, I am going to do that to your girlfriend.” Bella said. “Is that ok to you, Alice?”

“Fine with me.” Alice said.

“Hmm… It seems that I will add P’Bella to the list of people that will steal Alice time from me.” Oaujun said.

“What do you mean?” Bella asks.

“Oaujun has this list of people that I spend time with. Since that our group and Esther’s group are ok now, my time for Oaujun lessens.” Alice said.

“I see. Then, you really must add me because I want to spend time with my new friend.” Bella said.

“I will do that.” Oaujun said.

……………………………………………………

After their meeting, everyone went to their own plans.

“Oaujun, can you drive me first to Mild? I want to discuss something to her.” Alice asks.

“Sure.” Oaujun said.

The two went to Mild’s house.

“My aunt isn’t here and I think her friend left, too.” Mild said when they arrived.

“How are you and Mek?” Alice asks.

“Why are you asking that? Did you go here to ask me that?” Mild asks.

“Well, you heard about what happened to Singto few weeks ago. It was caused by the Hormone Gang.” Alice said.

“Ever since that photo shoot in Pattaya happened, he never got involved in any fight. And as for what happened to Singto, I think that the Red Blood Gang can handle that. Singto is close to P’Krist so that’s probably the reason why the Hormone Gang targeted him.” Mild said.

“Did you stop getting close to P’Krist?” Alice asks.

“It is actually the other way around. P’Krist told me not to talk to him because it will be dangerous for me.” Mild said.

Just then, they heard the door opened.

“Auntie, is that you?” Mild asks but it wasn’t Kik.

Alice is shocked to see that person who came and that person is also shocked to see her.

“P-P’James?” Alice said.

“Alice?” James asks.

“You’re alive.” Alice said with tears in her eyes.

James walks closer to Alice.

“What are you doing here?” James asks.

“She’s my friend.” Mild said.

“H-How? E-Everyone thought that you’re dead. A-And Mek. Do you know how hurt he is when he found out that you’re dead?” Alice said.

James decided to tell her the truth.

“And in order to protect you, Gypsy and Tao told Mek to stay away from you.” James said.

“So, that’s the reason why Mek left me. He protected me.” Alice said.

“He did that because he loves you so much.” James said.

“But why are you hiding until now?” Alice asks.

“I have a mission and as much as possible I don’t want all my love ones to get involve and that includes you, Mek, Red Blood Gang and Focus.” James said.

“But don’t you know that Mek didn’t stop fighting because he wants to know who killed you?” Alice asks.

“I know.” James said. “Alice, I want you to watch every moves of Mek. I want to make sure that he will not involve himself to any gangster.”

“Actually, you might want to ask Mild to do that.” Alice said.

James looks at Mild.

“She’s Mek’s new girlfriend.” Alice said.

“N-No! I-It is not that. Our relationship isn’t like that!” Mild said.

“Girl, if Mek said that he wants to protect you, it means that he likes you.” Alice said.

“Will you watch over Mek for me?” James asks Mild.

Mild nodded.

“Thank you.” James said.

……………………………………………………

Red Fountain Academy…

Mek and Mild are always together. Mild follows Mek wherever he goes.

“Why do you keep following me?” Mek asks.

“Why? Can’t I follow my boyfriend wherever he goes?” Mild asks.

“So, you called me your boyfriend, huh?” Mek asks.

Mild blushed.

Mek smiled when he saw Mild blushing. He finds it cute.

Mek pinches Mild’s cheeks.

“You’re so cute.” Mek said.

“OI! Don’t pinch me! It hurts.” Mild said.

“Don’t always follow me around. Your friends might get jealous.” Mek said. “Besides, I am done fighting.”

“Are you not going to find the killer of your brother?” Mild asks.

Mek became serious.

“I am trying to find him but I am avoiding fighting as much as possible.” Mek said.

“You’re doing the right thing.” Mild said.

Mild checks the time.

“I’d better go. Alice and I are going to a café.” Mild said.

“Ok.” Mek said.

……………………………………………………

Alice and Mild went to the café near the academy.

“What are your plans now?” Mild asks.

They are going to talk about James.

“We will keep it a secret to Mek but P’Focus must know.” Alice said.

“Huh? But why?” Mild asks.

“P’Focus told me that she was kidnapped by the former leader of Hormone Gang few weeks ago. She and the Red Blood Gang want to recruit by him to go against the other gang groups in Thailand. And she also told me that he is a member of Red Dragon Mafia.” Alice said.

“Mafia?” Mild asks.

“One of the strongest mafia in China.” Alice said. “She and the Red Blood Gang suspect that he is aiming for something big.”

……………………………………………………

Gypsy feels off that day. She feels that there is something wrong.

She tried to call Alice but her cellphone is off.

She decided to call Oaujun instead.

“Hello, Oaujun? Is Alice with you? I can’t contact her.” Gypsy said.

No. I’ll check my schedule. Wait… Yup. She’s with Mild. But I don’t know where they went.” Oaujun said.

“Can you ask Mek where they are? I don’t feel so good. I want Alice to be inside the academy.” Gypsy said.

“Ok. I’ll ask him and Mild’s friends.” Oaujun said.

Oaujun felt nervous when Gypsy said that she doesn’t feel good.

After the talk with James, he can’t stop thinking that there will be upcoming danger.

……………………………………………………

Oaujun looks for Mek around the academy.

And he saw him near the river.

“Mek, do you know where Alice and Mild went?” Oaujun asks.

“Café.” Mek said. “Why?”

“Gypsy is looking for Alice. She wants Alice to stay inside the academy as much as possible.” Oaujun said.

“Why?” Mek asks.

“Maybe because of what your brother said.” Oaujun said. Too late to realize that he mostly revealed that James is alive.

“What did you say?” Mek asks.

“What did I say?” Oaujun asks.

“About my brother.” Mek said.

“Did I said something about your brother?” Oaujun asks.

Mek grabs Oaujun’s collar.

“If you know something, better say it now.” Mek said.

……………………………………………………

Focus is on her way to meet Alice and decided to call Krist.

“Krist, I am going to meet Alice today in the café outside the academy. I told her about Oh’s plan. I have this feeling that she might also be a target so it is better to tell her everything. You should come to the café, too.” Focus said. “I’m hanging up now. See you later.”

……………………………………………………

“Ok! Fine! Your brother is alive and he was hiding in Mild’s house all along. He wants us to keep it a secret from you and everyone else because he has a mission.” Oaujun said.

“What mission?” Mek asks.

“We don’t know. He just want Mild to watch over you.” Oaujun said.

Mek released Oaujun’s collar and starts to walk away.

Oaujun followed him.

……………………………………………………

Meanwhile, Krist, Gunsmile and Indy are going to the café, too.

He saw Mek and Oaujun going towards the gate of the academy.

“Do you think that they will go to the café, too?” Indy asks.

“Maybe.” Krist said.

“But, boss. If the mafia is our enemy, we are no match against them.” Gunsmile said.

“I know but I’d rather die fighting than doing nothing at all. I let P’James died and this time I will not make the same mistake.” Krist said.

……………………………………………………

Focus finally arrived at the café.

“P’Focus, I’d like you to meet Mild. She’s Mek’s girlfriend.” Alice said.

Focus smiled towards Mild.

“I think that you are the perfect girl for Mek.” Focus said.

“P’, we want you to know something very important.” Alice said.

Alice looks around the café to make sure that no one’s spying them.

“What is it?” Focus asks.

“P’James is alive.” Alice whispered to her.

“Alice, that’s nonsense! We both know that he is dead. We saw him got shot.” Focus said.

“Everything was fake. Believe it or not, he is alive. I know because he is living in my house.” Mild said.

“Are you serious?” Focus asks. She is on the verge of crying.

“Yes. I saw him there and he told us everything. He doesn’t want you to know because he said that he has a mission and he is protecting all his love ones.” Alice said.

Focus realize something.

“The Red Dragon Mafia.” Focus said.

“Why would P’James get himself involve in the mafia?” Alice asks.

“You don’t know everything about James and so do Mek.” Focus said. “Let’s go and meet Krist. He needs to know this, too. If James is after the Red Dragon Mafia, the Red Dragon Mafia is after the Red Blood Gang.”

The three girls left the café.

They are now walking towards the Red Fountain Academy’s gate when a black van stops on their front and some men came out and try to drag them inside the van.

Alice and Focus fight the guys.

“Help!” Mild shouts.

Alice fights the guys that are holding Mild.

“Mild, run!” Alice shouts.

Mild runs away.

Focus and Alice eventually got captured by the guys.

“Get the other girl!” one of the men said.

Two men run after Mild.

……………………………………………………

Meanwhile, Oaujun and Mek are now outside the academy and not too far from them, they saw Mild running.

“Mek! Help!” Mild shouts.

Mek and Oaujun run towards her but the two men arrived first and fight them.

The van stops and some men came out.

“Oaujun! Help!” Alice shouts from inside the van.

“Alice!” Oaujun shouts. He tried to help her but the guys punches him.

Mek and Oajun are no much with the guys.

The guys beat them before leaving with the girls.

As soon as the van left, Krist, Gunsmile and Indy arrived.

“Mek! What happened?” Krist asks.

“They got kidnapped.” Mek said.

“Who?” Krist asks.

“Mild… Alice… P’Focus…” Mek said.

“What?!” Krist said.

“P’James. He must know this.” Mek said and stands up.

“What are you talking about?” Krist asks.

“P’James is alive.” Mek said.

“Impossible.” Krist said.

“It’s true.” Oaujun said. “We need to get to Mild’s house. He’s in there.”

“Stay here. I’ll get the car.” Gunsmile said and left.

“I can’t believe it. P’James is alive.” Krist said.

“I can’t believe it, too. I just found it out a while ago from him.” Mek said. “Do you have any idea who the kidnappers are?”

“There’s only one that I think of. Red Dragon Mafia.” Krist said.