Chapter 19 - The Mermaid and The KPOP Idol

Red Fountain Academy Series

After the happenings that happened in Puifai and Best’s life, they are now focus with their training.

“Puifai, you are a little behind to Best.” Louis said.

“I’ll try again.” Puifai said.

Puifai keeps on swimming again and again but she is still slower than Best.

“Let’s end this for today.” Louis said. “Puifai, I know your potential but if you don’t improve, I am afraid that I may choose Best for the competition.”

“Yes, coach.” Puifai said.

“Are you alright?” Best asks after Louis left.

“I’m fine.” Puifai said.

“What’s wrong? I always watch you before and you’re different today.” Best said.

“I guess it is because of the competition. As the competition gets close, I am feeling more nervous.” Puifai said.

“Relax. You can do it.” Best said.

“Thanks, sissy.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

After the suspension of Bifern, Wawa and Maripha, they are finally back.

“I heard that Pearwah transferred to another school.” Wawa said.

“That not so evil brat. She doesn’t even deserve to be in our group.” Bifern said.

“What should we do now? We can’t just let Mahapreukpong’s group to reign until graduation. But if we do something again, we might get expelled.” Maripha said.

“Unless, we make it like it is an accident.” Bifern said.

“And who is the target?” Maripha asks.

“It is time for us to get the mermaid out of the water.” Bifern said and smirked.

……………………………………………………

Even in weekend, Puifai is still training hard in their mansion but she still slow.

“Sh*t!” Puifai curses and throw the stop watch.

Victor who just arrived almost hit by the stop watch. Good thing he caught it.

“What’s wrong?” Victor asks.

Puifai get out of the pool and sat on the tiled floor.

“I don’t think I am the right person to compete.” Puifai said.

“You’re just nervous. Try to relax.” Victor said.

“I tried but I really can’t help it. This is not just simple competition. The academy’s name is at stake here.” Puifai said.

“Relax. You can do it. You’re the mermaid of Red Fountain Academy and you will swim pass the other swimmers.” Victor said.

“Thanks. At least it helped, a little.” Puifai said.

“I’ll help you with your training. I didn’t go here not prepared.” Victor said while showing to her his swimming trunks.

“Why are you here anyway? I’m sure not because to swim.” Puifai asks.

“Best called me and she wants me to help you with your training. She wanted to help you but she doesn’t know what to do.” Victor said.

“My sister is so nice, right?” Puifai proudly said.

“Yeah but if you think of it, I used to see the two of you bickering and fighting each other.” Victor said.

“Those are just in the past.” Puifai said. “I am happy to have a sister like her.”

……………………………………………………

It’s been a while since the last Gypsy and her group of friends went out for a shopping.

“I really miss this kind of bonding with you, girls.” Cherreen said.

They are at the café taking a break from their shopping.

“Well, who’s the one who has a heart of stone that chose to leave us?” Som asks jokingly.

“I’m so sorry, girls. You know me, it comes to my brother.” Cherreen said. “But I realized that as long as my brother is happy and his career is ok, I will support him.”

“Aww…” they said.

“I really love you, girls. Even if we are apart, we will still make a time for us to see each other, ok?” Gypsy said.

“Ok!” they said.

Just then, Vill, Toomtam, Due and Tar came with Joong Ki.

“Eomma!” Joong Ki said and runs to Puifai.

Puifai hugs him.

The girls greet them especially their professor.

Puifai introduced her friends to Tar and Due.

“Joong Ki wants to go with you.” Due said.

“It’s ok, P’Due. I can take care of him.” Puifai said.

The four left after that.

Puifai’s friends are now going crazy because of Joong Ki’s cuteness.

“Don’t get me wrong, Puifai, but your son is lucky because he got his looks after you. Kan is handsome but your son is more handsome than his dad.” Som said.

“I know. Maybe because I am so mad at Kan that I prayed that his looks will not get to my baby.” Puifai said.

“But how are you and Kan now?” Gypsy asks.

“We’re friends. He regularly visits Joong Ki every weekend except today because he needs to go somewhere. One thing I like about him now is that he is a responsible father now to Joong Ki even though I rejected his proposal.” Puifai said.

“He proposed to you?” Proud asks.

“Last week but I told him that I am in love to my man right now.” Puifai said.

“Eomma, can I buy toys?” Joong Ki asks.

“But you have many toys in the house, right?” Puifai said.

Joong Ki pouts.

“Nonsense.” Gypsy said. “Joong Ki, you’re lucky because you have six aunties here that will buy you all the toys you want.”

Joong Ki’s eyes sparkled.

“Really?” Joong Ki asks. “Can I, eomma?”

Joong Ki is pleading to Puifai.

“Ok. As long as your aunties will buy the toys not me.” Puifai said.

“And since when the last time you became stingy?” Alice asks.

“Just today since Joong Ki’s six aunties will buy all the toys he wants.” Puifai said.

“So, what’s the use of these cards if we can’t buy our precious nephew the toys he wants?” Gypsy asks while showing her credit card. Cherreen and the others show their credit cards too.

“I think I should make Joong Ki’s playroom bigger.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Red Fountain Academy…

Best and Puifai are going to the library when they saw Wawa, Bifern and Maripha.

“Well, well, well. Looks who’s here.” Bifern said.

“Welcome back.” Puifai coldly said.

“It is nice to be back. But isn’t it unfair that they didn’t punish you? Where is the punishment of going volunteer work with you? Instead, we got 4 months suspension and kicked out of the Pink Fountain Dormitory.” Bifern said.

“Well, if you think of it, you really used us for the sake of your plan so technically we are innocent.” Best said.

Puifai and Best left the three.

Bifern clenches her fist.

“I really hate them. And I think it is time for us to make our plan.” Bifern said.

“Right.” Wawa and Maripha said.

“But how?” Maripha asks.

“I already have an idea. And this time, they will not think that it is us.” Bifern said.

……………………………………………………

Nicky, Victor, Puifai and Best are busy with their training after school.

“Good job, Puifai. You’ve finally done it.” Louis said.

Puifai feels happy.

“That’s all for today. See you tomorrow.” Louis said.

“Good job, Puifai.” Nicky said.

“Thanks to Best.” Puifai said.

“Why me?” Best asks.

“Victor told me.” Puifai said.

Best looks at Victor. “I told you not to tell.” Best said.

Victor just smiled.

“How about let’s go to the noodle restaurant and have dinner? My treat.” Nicky said.

“Why there? Why can’t it be some expensive restaurant? There’s a restaurant that I know near here.” Puifai said.

“My budget is for noodle restaurant only.” Nicky said.

“You’re rich but you’re stingy.” Puifai said.

“Because I am saving it for the future with Best.” Nicky said.

“Future? Aren’t you too ahead?” Victor asks.

“After our graduation, I am going to marry Best.” Nicky said.

“What? In your dream.” Best said.

“But we are dating now so we can go to the next level.” Nicky said.

“I’m not listening.” Best said and walks away.

Nicky runs after her.

Victor and Puifai are laughing at them.

“How about you? When are you getting married?” Victor asks.

“Seriously?” Puifai asks.

“Yes. You already have a son. You only need is a husband.” Victor said.

“Come on. As if I am already old. I just have a son but I am still young.” Puifai said and left.

……………………………………………………

Saturday…

Puifai’s family went to their farm with Kan, Ri and Best.

“Thank you for letting me go with you.” Kan said.

“Joong Ki personally requested you. He is now really fond of you.” Puifai said.

“Appa! Look! Come here! Hurry!” Joong Ki shouts from a far.

“I’m coming!” Kan said and went to his son.

Puifai went inside the house. She saw her mother cooking in the kitchen.

“Ma, do you need help?” Puifai asks.

“I’m fine. I already have a helper.” Alicia said and pointing at Paula who is having a hard time cutting the vegetables.

“And since when P’Paula set her feet in the kitchen?” Puifai asks.

Knowing her sister, Paula doesn’t like household chores like her but she knows how to cook.

“Technically, I didn’t set my feet here. It was the wheelchair.” Paula said.

Paula still can’t walk but she just need to go on therapy in US.

Puifai checks what Paula is doing.

“Ma, P’Paula is playing with the vegetables.” Puifai said and laugh.

“Hey! I tried my best.” Paula said.

“I’ll teach you, P’.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Bangkok, Thailand…

Nicky went to Nichkhun’s house.

“Nicky, what are you doing here? It is weird to see you here.” Nichkhun said.

“Khunnie, Best and Puifai went to their farm.” Nicky is acting like a child.

“Yeah I know that. What’s the problem?” Nichkhun said.

“I want to go there.” Nicky said and pouts.

“Come on! It is a family affair. Don’t interfere.” Nichkhun said.

“But… What is Kunchanuj doing there? As if he is part of family.” Nicky said.

“What? Kunchanuj Kengkarnka?” Nichkhun asks.

“Yes. Best told me.” Nicky said.

“Then, let’s go.” Nichkhun said.

……………………………………………………

The family decided to have lunch at the balcony of the house so they can see the whole farm.

“Nichkhun ahjushi!” Joong Ki shouts.

“Joong Ki, why are you looking for Nichkhun ahjushi?” Puifai asks.

“Nichkhun ahjushi! Nichkhun ahjushi!” Joong Ki shouts while jumping.

“Be careful, kiddo. You might fall.” Kan said.

Joong Ki run back inside the house.

“Joong Ki, wait! Don’t go down stairs.” Puifai said and run after him.

Puifai helps Joong Ki to go down the stairs.

As soon as they reach the first floor of the house, Joong Ki runs to the door.

Nichkhun’s familiar car is park at the front.

Puifai is shock but happy to see him.

“Nichkhun ahjushi!” Joong Ki shouts while running towards Nichkhun.

“Annyeong!” Nichkhun is happy to see Joong Ki. He lift the child up and hug him.

“What are you doing here?” Puifai asks and hugs him.

But before Nichkhun answer her, Nicky came out of the car and runs inside the house while calling Best.

“I know Nicky. He probably misses Best but you?” Puifai said.

“Because I am jealous.” Nichkhun said.

“Oh!” Puifai didn’t expect the straight answer from Nichkhun.

“Ahjushi, do you want to meet my halmeoni and halabeoji?” Joong Ki asks.

“Sure.” Nichkhun said and went inside the mansion.

Nichkhun and Nicky met Ri and Alicia.

“Joong Ki, who do you want to marry your eomma? Kan appa or Nichkhun ahjushi?” Paula asks in the middle of their lunch.

“P’Paula, why are you asking like that to Joong Ki?” Puifai said.

Paula just smiled.

“I want Nichkhun ahjushi.” Joong Ki answered.

“But why?” Paula asks.

“So I can have two appa.” Joong Ki said.

“If Nichkhun ahjushi marries your eomma, he will become your father?” Paula asks.

“Ne. That’s what Uncle Mos said.” Joong Ki said.

Puifai looks at Mos.

“Your son is smart.” Mos said.

……………………………………………………

That night, Nichkhun and Puifai went at the top of the hill where a big tree is planted there.

“Pa used to bring me here when I was a child.” Puifai said. “He said that this was my mother’s favorite place when she was pregnant to me.”

“Are you mad with him?” Nichkhun asks.

“I wanted to hate him since he’s the one who kidnapped my parents and hid them all these years but when I think about all the things he have done to me, I can’t get mad at him. Yes, he was disappointed when I got pregnant but I blamed myself for that, but still, he accepts me and even though he acts cold to me sometimes, he never forget to praise me every time I achieved something. Sometimes, I think that maybe it is better for him to die so he doesn’t need to experience hard time in the jail. I don’t know what to do if he ended up in jail.” Puifai said.

“How is Joong Ki? Are you going to send him back to South Korea?” Nichkhun changes the topic.

“No. Now that everyone knows him, I want to personally take care of him.” Puifai said.

“Then, it means that Kunchanuj will visit him too.” Nichkhun said.

“Are you jealous?” Puifai asks.

“Do you blame me? I can’t help it. I’m your boyfriend but Kunchanuj has still more time to you and Joong Ki than me.” Nichkhun said.

“Nichkhun, Kan’s time is for Joong Ki only, not mine. If he go to the house, it is only to fetch Joong Ki and they will go wherever they want for the whole day.” Puifai said.

“You’re not going with them?” Nichkhun asks.

“No.” Puifai said. “There’s no need to be jealous because you are the only one I love.”

“Promise?” Nichkhun asks.

“Promise.” Puifai said. “So, don’t act like a child because it doesn’t suit you.”

Nichkhun hugs her.

“I’m gonna miss you.” Nichkhun said. “Our group is going to have a comeback and I will be staying in South Korea during the promotion.”

“How long are you going to stay there?” Puifai asks.

“3 months max.” Nichkhun said.

“It’s too long.” Puifai said.

“I know but work is work.” Nichkhun said. “But you’ll be busy too with your training, right? Maybe if we are both busy, 3 months will be done without us noticing it.”

“I hope you’re right.” Puifai said. “I will not ready any news about you so I will not get jealous to the other girls that you will meet.”

“Are you not going to support me?” Nichkhun asks.

“I will buy your album but I will not look to any news about you.” Puifai said.

“Ok. If that’s what you want. I don’t even want to argue with you about a baseless rumors so it is better for you not to read any news about me.” Nichkhun said.

“Besides, I can trust you, right?” Puifai asks.

“Of course you can. You’re my only one girl that I love.” Nichkhun said.

“Promise?” Puifai asks.

“Promise.” Nichkhun said.

The two kiss each other under the moonlight while remembering their promises to each other. Hoping that they will keep their promises until they see each other again.