Chapter 15 - Camping

Red Fountain Academy Series

“Good morning, Red Fountain Academy! Welcome to… Every Day Life!” Alice and Oaujun energetically said.

“Oaujun, we finally have our own show.” Alice said.

“That’s right, Alice.” Oaujun said. “And for our first episode, we will show to the viewers, one of the traditions of Red Fountain Academy and it is…”

“Student Council Camping!” the two said.

“That’s right… Student Council Camping is one of the traditions of the academy. Every year, student councils from the three towns will go to a camping for 3 days and 2 nights.” Alice said.

“It is to practice the team work of all the student councils. Even though we have three student councils, it is important for them to practice team work for the sake of the academy.” Oaujun said.

“Usually, this tradition is not open to everyone. Only the professors and the student councils know what’s going on there. But this year, this is special. Why is it special, Oaujun?” Alice said.

“It’s because for the first time, they allowed us to cover this tradition. The Every Day Life will going to the camping too. But that’s not all! What’s the other one, Alice?” Oaujun asks.

“For this year, each members of Student Councils will bringing friends with them. One member, one friend.” Alice said.

“This will be fun.” Oaujun said. “So, our viewers, we need to go now. See you later.”

“Bye-bye!” Alice said.

……………………………………………………

Everyone is placing their bags inside the compartment of the bus.

“Oh? Proud. What are you doing here?” Thorn asks.

“Aom invited me.” Proud said.

“Aren’t we allowed to bring friends?” Thorn asks.

“CEO March said that we must bring a friend.” Aom said.

“What? I didn’t know about that.” Thorn said.

“Don’t you worry, Thorn, I brought you a friend.” Gypsy said. “Esther.”

“What?!” Thorn and Esther said.

“Enjoy.” Gypsy said and get inside the bus.

“What did you do?” Puifai asks.

“I asked Esther to join me to the camping but she didn’t know that she will be Thorn’s friend because Thorn doesn’t know about the ‘bringing a friend’ because he didn’t attend the meeting.” Gypsy said.

“And what do you want them to do?” Puifai asks.

“Fix everything and end their war.” Gypsy said.

“Haven’t you remember that you are also in the war with Esther?” Puifai asks.

“Those two are different wars. For now, I want them to understand each other.” Gypsy said.

“Why are you being so nice to her?” Puifai asks.

“Let’s just say I saw something new to her.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

“I’d better go back.” Esther said.

“You can’t. You’re already here.” Aom said. “CEO March will get angry if you don’t go.”

“And he is scary if he is angry.” Tina said.

Esther felt scared. “Ok. Fine.”

……………………………………………………

Everyone is in the two bus now but they are still missing one person.

“President Tao, where’s your friend?” March asks.

“He’ll be here.” Tao said.

Just then, Mek arrived.

Mook’s eyes widened. She bowed down so he will not see her.

“Mek, sit here.” Tao said pointing at the vacant seat next to him.

Mek sat.

Finally, the bus move.

Esther is quiet during the travel and also Thorn. None of them wants to talk.

Gypsy wants to help them but she is not allowed to help them because she is done her part. It is up to the two what they will gonna do next.

Jes went to their seats.

“Puifai, Nichkhun wants to talk to you.” Jes said.

“What about?” Puifai asks.

“I don’t know.” Jes said.

Puifai gets up and went to talk to Nichkhun.

Jes sat next to Gypsy.

“I lied.” Jes said.

“You’re so mean.” Gypsy said.

“Nichkhun wants it too.” Jes said.

Jes put his head on Gypsy’s shoulder.

“What are you doing?” Gypsy asks.

“Just let me sleep.” Jes said while his eyes close.

Gypsy let him sleep and after a while, she fell asleep too.

They didn’t know that Oaujun and Alice are busy taking pictures that they will gonna use for the slideshow.

……………………………………………………

Finally, they arrived at their destination.

They just take a rest and their activities started. There are lots of activities that everyone enjoyed.

That night, everyone gathered around the bonfire.

Each president talk about how they feel.

“This is my last year as the president of College Student Council as well as the CEO of everyone. During my time as the CEO, I am very thankful to the members of the student council. Everyone knows that I am an ill-tempered and very strict CEO but they never left me. They support me until now. Thank you, guys.” March said.

“As this is my last year as the president of High School Student Council, I would like to thank the people that believed me and stayed on my side. Also, as the president, I will spend my remaining time for helping others. No graduating students will be left behind and I will make sure that whatever unfinished business they have, I will help them to resolve it before graduation.” Tao said.

“This will be my last year as the president of Primary Student Council and for my remaining time, I will give all my strength to my town and I will leave moral lessons to the students I will left behind.” Ploynoii said.

After the long night, they all sleep.

……………………………………………………

The next morning…

Gypsy woke up early to do her yoga inside the tent.

“You’re early.” Puifai said when she woke up.

“You know me.” Gypsy said after finishing her yoga.

“Let’s go.” Puifai said.

A few students are already awake and having breakfast.

Gypsy and Puifai are drinking hot chocolate when Esther came.

Gypsy made her hot chocolate and gave it to her.

“You don’t need to do this.” Esther coldly said.

“I brought you here so I need to take care of you.” Gypsy said.

“You tricked me.” Esther said.

“I’m sorry about that. I just want you and Thorn to talk.” Gypsy said.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” Esther said. When she saw Mook, she went towards her.

“Don’t waste your time to that girl.” Puifai said. “She’s your enemy. Why are you helping her?”

“This will be our last year together. I just want to help Thorn and Esther to resolve their problems.” Gypsy said.

“You can help other girls but not her. Do you think Nitcharee will be happy to know this? Better stop what you are doing now or you will regret it.” Puifai said.

Gypsy doesn’t know what to say.

“Hey, girls. What’s with the serious faces?” Alice asks. She’s with Proud.

“Gypsy is being too nice to Esther.” Puifai said.

“And what’s wrong with that?” Proud asks.

“It is wrong.” Puifai said.

“If this is about you and Nitcharee, please, don’t involve Gypsy and Esther. Your fight is different from theirs.” Alice said.

“I can’t believe it! You are all against me.” Puifai said.

“We’re not.” The three said.

“You know what? Let’s just have breakfast, ok? Stop talking about those things.” Alice said.

They all agree.

……………………………………………………

For the second day, they learn about survival. They climb trees, swim in the lake, build a tree house, etc.

For the last game, two representative of each team will find the hidden treasure.

The College Team, they have Amp and Sita.

The High School Team, they have Thorn and Esther.

The Primary Team, they have Boom and Tonson.

While the others are waiting at the bonfire, the representatives went to the dark part of the forest.

Esther is walking fast so she can find the treasure first.

“Esther, slow down. You might get hurt.” Thorn said.

“I want to find the treasure first.” Esther said.

“I know but slow down.” Thorn said.

Because of the dark, Esther didn’t see the down slope and fell.

Esther shouts.

“Esther!” Thorn shouts and follow her.

“Are you alright?” Thorn asks.

“Of course not! I think I sprained my ankle.” Esther said.

“We need to get out of here.” Thorn said.

But unlucky for them, the flashlight’s battery is already drained.

“What should we do?” Esther asks.

“In your condition, it is the best to wait for them to notice us that we are missing.” Thorn said. “But until the game is not finish, they will not find us.”

Esther sighed.

The two are silent while waiting.

“About what you saw inside P’Sita’s condo, it is really not what you think.” Thorn started. “I was upset about you wasting the money so I went there to get drunk but when P’Sita was trying to get me out of her condo, she accidentally knocked some beer cans that still have some left and she needed to get a shower. That’s what you saw, she just came out from the shower while I going to sleep.”

“I’m sorry for accusing you. Because of the way I acted, I was embarrassed to see you, also add what I did to the money.” Esther said. “I really wanted to give it back to you but I am embarrassed so I asked Gypsy but she said that I should give it back to you.”

“You should just use it to pay her.” Thorn said.

“No. I can’t. It is my fault why I had a debt to her. I should pay her with my own money.” Esther said. “Besides, you are leaving. I don’t want to burden you.”

“You believe me now?” Thorn asks.

Esther nodded. “I’m sorry for not trusting you.”

“It is really my fault why you lost the trust. I shouldn’t have flirting with other girls while you are my girlfriend.” Thorn said.

“But you’ve changed after that.” Esther said. “I still love you for all this time. I am just angry because of what happened to the past.”

“And my love never change for you.” Thorn said.

The stares at each other for a moment.

The moon brightly shines, enough to see each other’s eyes.

Slowly, Thorn moves closer to kiss her.

Esther closes her eyes while accepting the kiss.

……………………………………………………

Back at the bonfire…

Boom and Tonson found the hidden treasure first and for that the Primary Student Council declared the winner for the Survival.

Leo fire the fire gun, it is the sign that someone already won.

After few minutes, Amp and Sita came back.

They waited for minutes for Thorn and Esther but no signs of them.

Gypsy is starting to get worried.

“Push, you know this forest very well, let’s find them.” March said.

“Ok.” Push said.

Push, March, Tao and Hunz went to the dark part of the forest to find them.

While the others are waiting, the doctors are preparing their first aid kit.

After a while, they came back with Thorn and Esther.

“Esther!” Gypsy worriedly said. “What happened?”

“We fell.” Thorn said.

“Yah! Shaun Jindachot! Why are you not taking care of her?” Gypsy is scolding Thorn while hitting him on his arms.

“It’s ok, Gypsy. It’s my fault.” Esther said.

“I shouldn’t have brought you here. You got hurt because of me.” Gypsy said.

“I just sprained my ankle.” Esther said.

“But you’re a model.” Gypsy said.

“I only do is to pose at the front of the camera. I can still work.” Esther said.

Gypsy still feels guilty.

Puifai rolled her eyes.

“Gypsy, let Dr. Tiny to treat her wound.” Puifai said and pull Gypsy away.

“Everyone, you can take a rest now. Tomorrow, we will go to the farm of Push’s family.” Sita said.

Everyone went back to their tents leaving Thorn and Esther there with the doctors.

……………………………………………………

The next day, their breakfast is in the farm that own by the Kasetsin Family. Then, Push tour them around the farm.

Gypsy wants to check on Esther, who is using a wheelchair, but Jes is stopping her.

“I think Thorn and Esther are ok now. Don’t ruin their moment.” Jes said to her.

“Do you think so?” Gypsy asks.

“Yes. Look at Esther, she’s different. She is smiling to Thorn.” Jes said.

Gypsy smiled. “You’re right. I think what happened to them last night helped them to get back together.” Gypsy said.

“You’re right.” Jes said.

Gypsy holds Jes’s hand while they are walking.

Jes smiled. “You are starting to do the first move, huh?”

Gypsy smirked. “I need to get used to it.”

“Make way, love birds.” Gypso said and pass through to the middle while holding Hunz’s hand, pulling him.

“Gypso, P’Hunz, are you two?” Gypsy asks.

“Don’t get the wrong idea. We just want to ride the horse.” Gypso said.

“P’Hunz, please take care of my sister.” Gypsy said.

“No problem.” Hunz said.

Everyone is happy and had fun during their 3 days, 2 nights camping. When they got back to the academy, they all don’t stop talking to their friends their experience.

Now, the students who didn’t get experienced the camping are now waiting for the first broadcast of the Everyday Life.

……………………………………………………

Best is going to the dining area of the dormitory when she saw Bifern. She is about to ignore her when Bifern talks.

“Nitcharee, if I were you, I will watch my best friend carefully. Lately, she’s been hanging out with Keerati.” Bifern said.

“Liar.” Best said. “Esther doesn’t like Keerati. Why would she hang out with her?”

“Oh? You don’t know? Keerati invited Esther to the camping. Don’t tell me, you don’t know about it.” Bifern said.

Best knew that Esther is going to the camping but she doesn’t know who invited her.

“Look at this.” Bifern said.

She shows some video clips from the camping that she got from the editing team of the Everyday Life.

It shows how Gypsy takes care of Esther and some moments of them.

Best clenches her fists.

“It looks like Keerati is stealing your best friend.” Bifern said and left.

Best went to the dining area and saw Puifai there.

“Natthapat!” she called her.

“What?” Puifai asks.

“Tell your best friend not to steal my best friend from me.” Best said.

“Oh. My. Gosh. Don’t tell me you love your best friend more than just friends?” Puifai asks.

“That’s not what I meant. If she hurt Esther, I will not forgive her.” Best said.

“Try to hurt Gypsy and you will face my wrath.” Puifai said. “And if I were you, you should talk to your best friend first. If I know, she is using Gypsy to make herself popular.”

“That’s not true.” Best said.

“She is a part-time model, right? I’m sure she wants to be a full time model and in order to do that, she need someone like Gypsy to be popular.” Puifai said.

Best slaps Puifai.

Everyone in the dining area saw it.

“Nitcharee, what’s the meaning of this?” Aom asks.

“Don’t accuse my best friend like that. Daughter of a thief.” Best said.

Puifai was about to slap her but Aom stop her.

“You two, stop it or I will give you both penalty cards.” Aom said.

“Be careful of what you are saying, Nitcharee. You don’t know anything.” Puifai said and walks away.


Trivia #15

Aom is what I think has the most beautiful face in all the girls in Red Fountain: The Series but I didn’t include her in the main characters. :P