Chapter 12 - The Part-time Model and The Vice-President

Red Fountain Academy Series

“P’Note!!!” Esther screamed when she saw her manager walking outside the Faculty of Mass Communication.

“Why? Why? Where’s the fire?” the short girl with different hair color asks.

Name: Note Panayanggool

Description: The Manager

She is Esther’s manager and also a college student of Red Fountain Academy.

“What’s with the hair? Did you put all the colors of hair color to your hair?” Esther asks.

“Don’t ask. Lily experimented all her new hair colors to my hair. I look like a unicorn.” Note said.

“Short unicorn.” Esther jokingly said.

“Hey!” Note yells at her.

“Sorry.” Esther said.

“Why are you here?” Note asks.

“I need to earn lots of money for a month.” Esther said.

“For what?” Note asks.

“I need to pay Keerati 50,000 baht in a month.” Esther said.

“50,000 baht?!!!” Note said. “Did you borrowed money from her?”

“No! I will never do that.” Esther said. “Last Saturday night, I ruined her car seat after giving us a lift to her car so we won’t missed our curfew. So, in order not be suspended in school, I chose to pay her but I promised her that I will pay her just in a month.”

“It is all your fault.” Note said.

“I know.” Esther said. “Can you help me? In a month, my largest earning from modeling is 10,000 baht.”

“It’s hard but I’ll try.” Note said.

“Thanks, P’Note.” Esther said.

……………………………………………………

Meanwhile, Thorn is at the Faculty of Fine Arts.

“P’Sita, can you lend me 50,000 baht?” Thorn asks.

“Where are you going to use that money? You are leaving for less than 4 months.” Sita asks.

“I want to help Esther.” Thorn said.

“Does she asked you to help her?” Sita asks.

“No.” Thorn said.

“Let’s say, I gave you 50,000 baht for her but when you’re giving it to her, she rejected her. I don’t usually know her but seeing her in the club, her pride is high. She doesn’t like listening to others and doesn’t want to lose. You’ll just waste your time.” Sita said.

“I still want to try.” Thorn said.

“I wanted to help you but I don’t have a 50,000 baht.” Sita said.

“25,000?” Thorn asks.

“10,000.” Sita said. “But you must pay me before you leave.”

“I will. Thanks, P’Sita.” Thorn said.

“I’ll give it to you later.” Sita said.

……………………………………………………

Art Club…

“I only have 1,000 baht. My brothers cut my allowance. Sorry.” Bee said.

“Here’s 5,000 baht. I broke my piggy bank for you.” Gun said.

“Here’s mine. This is the only money left from my allowance last week.” Mild said.

“And this is my allowance for this week. You can have it.” Mook said.

“But what about you?” Esther asks.

“I still have some from my allowance last week.” Mook said.

“Thank you, guys.” Esther said. “I’ll pay you someday.”

“You must.” They said.

“Hi.” Punpun said when she arrived.

“Hi.” They said.

“Esther, Thorn is looking for you. He is waiting outside.” Punpun said.

“What does he wants now?” Esther said. “I’ll be back.”

Esther go out of the room and talk to Thorn.

“What now?” Esther asks.

“Here.” Thorn said and handed her an envelope.

“What’s that?” Esther asks without taking the envelope.

“It will help you.” Thorn said.

He hold Esther’s hand and put the envelope on her hand.

Without saying anything, Thorn left.

Esther checks what’s inside the envelope and she gasped.

“50,000 baht.” Esther said.

……………………………………………………

After Thorn gave the money to Esther, Gypsy is waiting for him outside the club building.

“Well? Did she accepted it?” Gypsy asks.

“I just put it on her hand.” Thorn said.

“You owe me 40,000 baht.” Gypsy said.

“I’ll pay you.” Thorn said.

“Make sure of it.” Gypsy said.

Gypsy is about to leave when Thorn talks.

“Thanks.” Thorn said.

“I will eventually get my money back. But I hope because of this, she will learn to forgive you.” Gypsy said.

“You’re not really bad at all.” Thorn said.

“I am not bad but your ex-girlfriend always get on my nerves.” Gypsy said.

“You two are both nice. You just started in a wrong way. Try to be nice to her.” Thorn said.

“She must do it first.” Gypsy said and left.

……………………………………………………

Sunday night…

“Esther, is it really ok to go here? I mean, you are saving money.” Bee said.

Esther and her friends plus Bee, Punpun and Gun are in the club at Bangkok.

“It’s ok. Someone gave me a money.” Esther said.

“Who?” Mild asks.

“Thorn.” Esther said.

“Why would he give you money?” Gun asks.

“I don’t know. He said it will help me.” Esther said.

“Maybe that is the money for Gypsy.” Fern said.

“Well, I thought that too but since I have my pride, I want to pay Keerati with my own.” Esther said.

“Then, pay us.” Gun said.

“Sorry but I am planning to give it to Keerati tomorrow.” Esther said. “Come on. Let’s party!”

While they are having fun in the club, Gypsy and her friends are also in the club minus Puifai.

“Oh my gee. Isn’t that Esther?” Proud asks pointing at Esther’s group’s direction.

“She has money to go to a club?” Cherreen asks.

“I wonder where she get the money to party.” Gypsy said. Then, she calls Thorn.

“Hello, Thorn? I’m sorry to disturb you this late but I was wondering if you want to know what Supreeleela doing right now… Actually, we are at the Blue Paradise Club and we happened to see her and her friends here. I was wondering if you want to come here and see for yourself. Ok… Bye.” Gypsy ends the call.

“What are you planning?” Som asks.

“I am just helping Thorn to realize what kind of girl he loves.” Gypsy said.

After a while, Thorn came.

“Where are they?” Thorn asks.

Gypsy points at the direction of Esther.

Thorn approached Esther.

Gypsy and the others followed him.

Esther is dancing on the dance floor when Thorn grabs her arm.

“Esther.” Thorn coldly said.

“Ouch! Thorn!” Esther said. “What are you doing here?”

“I should be the one asking you that. You don’t have money to pay Gypsy but you are here having fun. Where did you get the money for this?” Thorn asks.

“The money you gave me.” Esther said.

Bee and the others went towards them.

“What? I gave you that to pay Gypsy not to waste it.” Thorn said.

“I can pay Keerati without your help so I used the money here.” Esther said.

“YOU!” Thorn yells. “Do you even know- Never mind.”

Thorn walks away.

Esther saw Gypsy and the others watching her.

“What is your problem?!” Esther angrily asks.

“Do you even have any idea where Thorn got the money?” Gypsy asks.

“Does it concern you?” Esther asks.

“I think it is better for you not to know anything.” Gypsy said. “Let’s go, girls. We still need to prepare for the school tomorrow.”

Gypsy and her friends left.

“Esther, I think you should know where Thorn got the money.” Mild said.

……………………………………………………

The next day…

Thorn doesn’t talk to Esther after the incident last night. Esther knew that she was wrong and she needs to know where Thorn got the money.

“Mario, do you know where Thorn got the money she gave to me?” Esther asks.

“What money? Ah for the 50,000 baht? I think Gypsy lend him the money. I saw those two talking last week.” Mario said.

“Keerati lend him?” Esther asks.

“I think so.” Mario said.

“Why would Keerati lend him the money? Does she knew that it was for me?” Esther asks.

“It is better to ask her yourself.” Mario said.

Esther saw Gypsy coming but she is serious with reading the script.

Rude or not, she needs to know the truth.

“Keerati, I need to talk to you.” Esther said.

“I’m busy. Talk to me after the audition.” Gypsy said.

Esther snatches the script from Gypsy.

“Hey!” Gypsy said.

“Did you lend the 50,000 baht to Thorn?” Esther asks.

“No.” Gypsy said.

“Liar. Mario saw you two last week.” Esther said.

“I am not a liar. I didn’t lend him 50,000 baht. It is 40,000 baht.” Gypsy said.

“40,000 baht?” Esther asks.

“Thorn talked to me and asked me if I have 40,000 baht because he already borrowed 10,000 baht from P’Sita. I lend him but I asked him where will he need the money and he said he wants to help you before he go.” Gypsy said.

“Go? He’s not leaving.” Esther said. “It is his strategy so I can forgive him.”

“No it isn’t. He is leaving. He will not finish his study here.” Gypsy said. “His dad wants him to study abroad and he agreed.”

Esther doesn’t understand her feelings. She suddenly felt sad and guilty.

“Can I have my script now?” Gypsy asks.

Esther gives back the script.

“If I were you, you should talk with Thorn.” Gypsy said and went inside the classroom.

……………………………………………………

Thorn stayed at Sita’s condo unit at the Gold Fountain Condominium Building that night.

“She is cruel. She used the money to the club not to solve her problem.” Thorn said while drinking beer.

“She is always been cruel to you but you only realized that until now?” Sita asks.

“I can take her shouting at me but this is unacceptable.” Thorn said.

“What are you going to do now?” Sita asks.

“I’m going to sleep here.” Thorn said.

“Oi! You can’t! I am doing a homework tonight. I don’t want someone to disturb me.” Sita said.

“No! I am staying here!” Thorn said and lie down on the bed.

“Get up and go!” Sita said while pulling Thorn to get up.

“No!” Thorn said.

Sita accidentally step on the half-empty cans.

“Ouch! Sita said.

“Are you alright?” Thorn asks.

“I’m fine. I just stepped on the spilled beer. I’ll just take a shower.” Sita said.

……………………………………………………

Esther went to Thorn’s room.

“Hi, Mario. Is Thorn there?” Esther asks.

“No. I think he went to P’Sita’s condo.” Mario said.

“Ok. Thanks.” Esther said.

……………………………………………………

“P’Sita, why is it so hot here?” Thorn asks while taking his shirt off then adjust the air-conditioner.

Just then, someone rings the doorbell.

“I’ll get it.” Thorn said.

Thorn opens the door and he was shocked to see Esther there.

“Esther?” Thorn said.

Sita came only wearing a bathrobe.

“Shaun, who is it?” Sita asks.

Esther saw Sita.

“Esther, let me explain.” Thorn said.

Esther runs away but Thorn followed her.

“Esther, it’s not what you think.” Thorn said while holding Esther’s arm.

Esther slaps him.

“I hate you.” Esther said while crying and left.

……………………………………………………

The next morning…

Gypsy and Jes are going to their class when they heard Fern and Best’s conversation.

“Esther didn’t go back last night. I wonder where she is.” Best said.

“Is she alright?” Fern asks.

“I hope so.” Best said.

Gypsy wonders where she is.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy went to her secret garden. She was surprise to see Esther sleeping on the bench.

Based on her looks, she cried last night.

Gypsy goes out and bought something then went back to the garden.

“Esther.” Gypsy wake her up.

Esther woke up.

“Why are you here? How did you know I am here?” Esther asks while covering her face.

“I don’t. This is my favorite place.” Gypsy said. “You should wash up. You look horrible. I bought a small basin for you. You can get the water from the fountain then you can use my facial wash.”

“Why are you being nice?” Esther asks.

“I just don’t like seeing a girl in a situation like you. Wash up and eat. I bought some snacks.” Gypsy said.

Esther wash up then ate the snacks.

“I don’t want to ask what happened to you last night but if you want to tell it to me, I am willing to listen.” Gypsy said.

“I saw Thorn inside P’Sita’s condo. Shirtless and P’Sita just came out from the shower room.” Esther said.

“Did you saw them had ?” Gypsy asks straightforwardly.

“No.” Esther said.

“Then, it is a misunderstanding. You only can tell that the guy is a cheater if you see him cheating.” Gypsy said. “Thorn used to be a playboy but I tell you he changed a lot. Give the poor guy a chance.”

“Do you really think so?” Esther asks.

“Yes.” Gypsy said.

“Seriously, why are you so nice to me?” Esther asks.

“I am just giving you a chance to know me better and I am giving myself a chance to know you better.” Gypsy said. “Are you going to stay here? I am going now.”

“I’ll stay here.” Esther said.

“Ok. I’ll just tell to our teachers that you’re not feeling well.” Gypsy said.

“Thanks, Keerati.” Esther said.

“It’s Gypsy.” Gypsy said.

“Thanks… Gypsy.” Esther said.

……………………………………………………

Esther stayed inside the room for the rest of a day.

“Esther, you are here? I heard from Keerati that you’re sick.” Best said.

“I’m not feeling well a while ago but I’m ok now.” Esther said.

“Good because I am going to interrogate you.” Best said. “How Keerati knew that you’re sick?”

“Last night, I missed the curfew so I sleep to my favorite place and Gypsy saw me there. She took care of me.” Esther said.

“You called her Gypsy? Since when did you two became close?” Best asks.

“We’re not actually close but we talked.” Esther said.

“Why is she so nice to you?” Best asks.

“She said she wanted to know me and she wants me to know her.” Esther said. “I think, Gypsy is really nice. I just misunderstood her the first time I saw her.”

“If you’re planning to be friend with her, I will not allow you. Remember, she is the best friend of my mortal enemy.” Best said.

“I don’t have plan. She is just an acquaintance.” Esther said. “You can’t expect me to be mean if she doesn’t do anything bad to me, right?”

“Fine.” Best said. “Are you really ok now?”

“Yes.” Esther said.

“Fern bought a porridge but since you’re ok now. I’ll eat it instead.” Best said.

Esther pretends to cough. “Oh! I’m sick! I need porridge!”

Best laughed.

Esther doesn’t understand why she chose not to tell to Best about what happened last night that she chose to stay silent about it. Best is her best friend but she chose to tell her problem to Gypsy than to her best friend.

She hopes that this will not make any problem between her best friend and her newly found friend.

“By the way, what are you going to the money?” Best asks.

“I’ll return it to Thorn.” Esther said.

“But he doesn’t want to talk to you.” Best said.

“It’s my fault. I should apologize and return the money.” Esther said.

“That’s my girl.” Best said.

And as for Thorn, she should apologize and give the guy a chance, a chance that she should have given a year ago. But is it too late? He is already leaving. And now that he is mad at her, will he make her just like she did before?

Esther sighed.

‘I hope he will not make me experience a hard time.’ Esther’s thought.

“Esther, why do we have a basin here?” Best asks who came out from the bathroom.

Esther didn’t notice that Best went to the bathroom.

“Uhmm… I bought it. Isn’t it cute?” Esther asks.

“What are you going to do with this?” Best asks.

“I… can use that while I am washing my underwear.” Esther said.

“Whatever.” Best said and went back inside the bathroom.

Esther deeply sighed.

Fern arrived.

“Hi, Fern!” Esther greets.

“Here’s your porridge. Eat it so you can go to school tomorrow.” Fern said.

“Thanks.” Esther said.

Fern stares at her.

“What’s wrong?” Esther asks.

“Nothing.” Fern said and went to her bed.

“Fern, if you have something to bother you, you should talk to us. We’re your friends.” Esther said.

Fern smiled.

“I will.” Fern said.


Trivia 12#

Currently, my favorite love team is Jes and Gypsy. (It might change depends on whose story I am currently writing.)