Chapter 13 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

“Oi! What Tonson taking so long?” Gypso asks Gypsy.

The sisters are at the parking lot of the dormitories. They are waiting for Tonson because they are going back to Bangkok that night.

“She is having a meeting with the Student Council.” Gypsy said.

“But it is already 8:00. I’m hungry.” Gypso said.

“We can get some snacks on our way.” Gypsy said. “She’s coming.”

“Finally!” Gypso said when Tonson arrived.

“Shut up, P’Gypso. You don’t know how important to be in the Student Council meeting. Oh! Right! You don’t know that because you never been a member of Student Council.” Tonson said.

“Hey! Shouldn’t you apologize first because you made us wait for hours?” Gypso said.

“P’Gypsy understands me so I don’t need to apologize.” Tonson said.

“Why you-”

“Knock it off! Let’s go now. And Tonson, I do understand you but as punishment for making as wait for hours, you are not allowed to sleep from here to Bangkok because you need to talk to me so I can’t get sleepy while driving.” Gypsy said.

“What?!!! But I’m tired!” Tonson said.

“Serves you right!” Gypso said and get on the back seat.

Tonson get on the front passenger seat while pouting.

……………………………………………………

After travelling for almost 4 hours, they finally arrive.

“P’Gypsy, stop the car at the front of Bambam’s house.” Gypso said.

“Ha? Why?” Gypsy asks.

“Party.” Gypso said while tying her hair in a messy way and wearing her leather jacket.

“Party? But it is already 1:00.” Gypsy said.

“The party in his house starts at 10:00 and ends in 5:00.” Gypso said. “I can still party for 4 hours.” Gypso said.

“Just don’t get caught by pa.” Gypsy said.

“I won’t.” Gypso said.

Gypsy stop the car at the front of a mansion.

“Thanks!” Gypso said and get off of the car.

Gypso rings the doorbell.

Lisa opens the door. “Finally, you’re here! You’re late!”

“Tonson let us wait for her for hours.” Gypso said and get inside the house.

The loud music can be heard all over the mansion.

Gypso is getting on the mood to party when Sorn came with a worried face.

“Gypso, I think you need to see this.” Sorn said and pull her at the corner of the mansion.

At the corner of the mansion, Gypso’s boyfriend, Bright, and a girl are having an intimate kiss.

“The nerve!” Lisa said.

Lisa was about to attack the two but Gypso stops her.

“I have another plan.” Gypso said while looking above.

“Let’s go.” Gypso said.

The three girls find Bambam.

“Gypso! I thought you will miss my party.” Bambam said.

“I wouldn’t miss your party, Bambam.” Gypso said. “Say, do you have quick dry paints here?”

“We have. But for what?” Bambam asks.

“It is a surprise. Where can I get it?” Gypso asks.

“At the tool shed at the back.” Bambam said.

“Thanks.” Gypso said. “And, will you bring our friends at the corner of your mansion?”

“Sure.” Bambam said.

“Get ready your cameras.” Lisa said.

The three girls take the paints and went upstairs where below them are Bright and the girl still kissing.

“They are coming.” Sorn said when they saw Bambam and their friends coming.

“Ok. 1… 2… 3!” Gypso counts.

The three girls pour the paints to Bright and the girl.

Bambam and the others laughed and start taking pictures.

Bright and the girl were shock.

They look up and saw Gypso and her friends laughing at them.

Because of humiliation, the girl run away. Bright followed her.

“There goes our MVP and the cheerleader.” Gypso said and laughed but deep inside of her she got hurt seeing her boyfriend cheating.

……………………………………………………

“That’s the best part of my party, Gypso.” Bambam said.

Gypso smirked.

“I’m sure those two don’t have any face to show to the school after this.” Sorn said.

“Cupcake, I am proud of you. This time, you taught Bright a lesson.” Lisa said.

Gypso smiled.

“I’d better go.” Gypso said.

“Ha? But why?” Lisa asks.

“Even though I did it to him, I got hurt seeing him cheating. I think I need to sleep.” Gypso said.

“I can drive you to your home.” Bambam said.

“I’m fine. I can walk.” Gypso said. “Bye.”

“Bye. Call us if you need us.” Lisa said.

“I will.” Gypso said and left.

……………………………………………………

After the breakfast, Tonson is going to her room when she heard a loud music coming from Gypso’s room.

Tonson knocks on the door.

“Oi! P’Gypso! Turn it off!” Tonson shouts but no one hears her.

“Oi!” Tonson shouts.

After knocking the door for a couple of times, she finally give up and went to her room.

……………………………………………………

Inside Gypso’s room, Gypso is sleeping with an earmuff covering her ears. The reason why she play loud music is to not hear the telephone rings. She is sure that the one calling is Bright.

When it is almost lunch, Gypso decided to go out of the room.

She look in the mirror and the only thing she noticed is her dark circles under her eyes because of sleeping late not because of crying.

One thing that is different to Gypso is that she doesn’t cry. She doesn’t know when the last time she cried but as long as she remember, she never shed even a single tear.

That is her weakness, she wants to act but she never got the main role because she can’t cry. Sometimes, she ended up using fake tears.

Gypso turns off the music and calls her friends.

“Hey, guys! Wanna go to a movie theatre?” Gypso asks.

When everyone agree, Gypso get ready.

……………………………………………………

Amp went to the mall after the meeting of the Student Councils. Since it is Saturday, he doesn’t have work or class.

He is now entering the mall when he saw Gypso at the café near the entrance.

“Hey.” Amp said.

“Hi, P!” Gypso said.

“What are you doing here?” Amp asks.

“I’m waiting for my friends.” Gypso said. “What about you? Date?”

“No. I’m alone. I just attended the meeting a while ago and since I don’t have anything to do today I went here.” Amp said.

“Cupcake! Are you alright? Let me look at your eyes.” Lisa said when she arrived.

“I’m fine.” Gypso said.

“Wow… You did a great job in your make-up. Your eyes are not swollen.” Lisa said.

“It is because I didn’t cry.” Gypso said.

“Did something happen to you?” Amp asks.

“Oh! Hi, P’Amp.” Lisa greets. “Cupcake witnessed her boyfriend’s cheating last night.”

“Oh.” Amp said.

“I’m fine. Bright is just now a piece of trash.” Gypso said.

“Gypso! Are you ok? Do you want to talk?” Sorn asks when she and Bambam arrived.

“I’m fine. Seriously.” Gypso said.

“Ok, good. Because we saw Bright’s car. I think he followed us.” Bambam said.

“What? He can’t! I don’t want to see him.” Gypso said.

“Cupcake, I think I have a better idea.” Lisa said. “You must show to him that you’re not affected and that you can easily replace him.”

“How?” Gypso asks.

“P’Amp.” Lisa said.

“P’Amp?” Gypso asks.

“You two will pretend to be a couple. Simple.” Lisa said.

“That’s not simple.” Gypso said.

“Come on! This is your chance to erase Bright to your life.” Lisa said.

“You can do it, Gypso.” Bambam said.

“Fighting! In Korean, Hwaiting!” Sorn said.

“Is it ok, P’Amp? This is just for today.” Gypso said.

“No problem, strawberry shortcake.” Amp said and winks.

“Let’s go to the movie theatre. But don’t forget to hold each other’s hands.” Lisa said.

“Even us?” Sorn asks.

“No! P’Amp and Gypso only.” Lisa said.

……………………………………………………

Monday…

Gypso and her friends are waiting for their teacher to arrive when Bright came.

Everyone stares at him and some are whispering.

“This is my favorite.” Bambam said. “Seeing Bright not full of himself.”

“Agree. He will never act the way he used to be now after what happened to the party.” Lisa said.

“And he will never bother Gypso again because of our plan.” Sorn said.

Last Saturday, Bright saw Amp and Gypso sweet together and he ended up leaving the mall.

“But, cupcake, if Bright try to win you back, don’t let him.” Lisa said.

“I am not in the right mind if I allow him.” Gypso said.

“Guys, Prof. Anne will not be teaching today because she is not feeling well.” Their class president announced.

“Alright!” they said.

“Let’s go to the Faculty of Mass Communication’s cafeteria.” Gypso said.

“We love that.” Her friends said.

……………………………………………………

Amp is with his fellow club members, Lily, Chin and Note.

“Hahaha! Note’s acting looks awkward.” Amp said. “Besides, it is weird to see her acting with her hair.”

“It’s Lily’s fault!” Note said. “You turned me into a unicorn.”

“Dwarf unicorn.” Chin said.

Name: Chinawut Indracusin

Description: Musical Actor

“Oi!” Note shouts. “Lily, talk to your boyfriend.”

“Stop making fun of Note.” Lily said and laugh.

Name: Pantila Pansirithanachote aka Lily

Description: Musical Actress

“You two don’t treat me seriously.” Note said. “P’Amp, a little help please.”

Amp tries to be serious but ended up laughing.

“Sorry, I can’t help it.” Amp said.

“You three are the worst.” Note said and walks out.

“You should change her hair back.” Chin said.

“I will.” Lily said. “Let’s go to the cafeteria.”

“I have a class. So, bye.” Amp said.

“P’Amp!” Lily and Chin said.

……………………………………………………

After the class, Gypso went to the library to do her homework. It is already dark when she finished her homework.

She is walking to the dormitory when Bright appeared.

“Gypso.” Bright said.

“Go away.” Gypso said.

But Bright didn’t.

“Who was that guy? Is he really your boyfriend?” Bright asks.

“Ha! You’ve been here for 2 years and you don’t know P’Amp is? He is the secretary of College Student Council and the representative of Faculty of Mass Communication.” Gypso said.

“So that’s why you cheated on me.” Bright said.

“I didn’t cheated on you. You cheated on me.” Gypso said.

“But that’s the first time.” Bright said.

“First time? Really? Don’t treat me like a fool. I know there is something going on between you and that cheerleader for months. I just been blind by you.” Gypso said. “Besides, P’Amp is my friend and we just decided dating last Saturday.”

“I don’t believe you.” Bright said.

“I don’t care whether you believe or not. We’re done so I can date any guy I want.” Gypso said.

Bright hold her arm tightly.

“I will not allow you.” Bright said.

“Let me go! You’re hurting me!” Gypso said.

Gypso is getting scared because of Bright.

“Gypso?” a familiar voice said.

They look back and saw Singto with Krist and Gunsmile.

“Hey, kiddo. Release her or you will get to experience hell.” Krist said.

“Don’t mind us!” Bright said. “Who are they? Your boyfriends?”

“Shut up!” Gypso said. “P’Singto!”

“Gypso.” Singto said.

He is about to help Gypso when Krist stops him.

“Gunsmile.” Krist said.

Gunsmile slowly approached Bright and Gypso.

Bright suddenly felt scared when he recognizes them.

“Sorry.” Bright said and run away.

Singto approached Gypso.

“Are you alright?” Singto asks.

Gypso nodded.

“Thank you.” Gypso said.

“You must thank P’Krist and P’Gunsmile. If were not them, I wouldn’t be able to help you.” Singto said.

“Thank you.” Gypso said to the two.

“I just don’t want Singto to get hurt.” Krist said.

“I see… So… P’Singto is also a part of…” Gypso can’t say the word ‘gang’.

“I am just a friend of them but I am not a member of a gang.” Singto said.

“You should go back to your dormitories. It’s already late.” Krist said.

“Go home safely, P’Krist.” Singto said.

“Call me when you got back to your room.” Krist said.

“Ok.” Singto said.

……………………………………………………

Singto and Gypso walk back to the dormitories.

“I don’t want to be nosy or something but are you and P’Krist dating?” Gypso asks.

“No. P’Krist is really just a friend. I often sleep in his condo since he doesn’t like to be alone.” Singto said.

“You own a convenient store, right? Where are your parents live?” Gypso asks.

“They live in Bangkok.” Singto said.

“Bangkok? So, they always travel back and forth?” Gypso asks. “But why?”

“Because of me. They still want to see me every day even just a minute.” Singto said.

“You’re lucky to have a parents like them.” Gypso said. “In my family, even in weekend, we don’t often see our dad or maybe it is just me. One call from Tonson and P’Gypsy, my dad will come rushing here. Me? He will see me just to ground me or scold me. Even once, I didn’t remember that he praises me. When P’Gypsy because the main actress for the first time, my dad bought her the new model of cellphone. When P’Gypsy became the ambassadress, he bought her a car. When Tonson became the vice-president, he donates money for the Primary Student Council.”

“Where is your mother?” Singto asks.

“I never got the chance to know her. Pa said that after giving birth to Tonson, my mother left with another man. Pa said that I resemble my mother so that’s maybe the reason why he hates me.” Gypso said.

“Have you ever thought of finding her?” Singto asks.

“I want to but I don’t know how.” Gypso said.

“What if you found her? What are you going to do?” Singto asks.

“I will go with her. Maybe there, I will find the love that I never experienced.” Gypso said.

The two finally arrived.

“Thanks for the help again.” Gypso said.

“I told you it is-”

“They will not help me if you are not there.” Gypso said.

“They are nice guys. Promise.” Singto said.

“I believe you.” Gypso said. “Bye.”

“Bye.” Singto said.

……………………………………………………

Gypso went straight to the dining area to eat. No one’s eating there since everyone is done with their dinners.

Just then, Gypsy and Vichuda came out from the kitchen. The two are talking seriously.

“Hey, guys.” Gypso said.

Gypsy and Vichuda were startled.

“Gypso! My goodness! What are you doing here?” Vichuda asks.

“I’m going to eat dinner.” Gypso said.

“But everyone is already done.” Gypsy said.

“Not me. I stayed late in the library.” Gypso said.

“Good for you, my niece.” Vichuda said. “Eat now and rest. But don’t go to the kitchen.”

“Why?” Gypso asks.

“Uhmm… a plate fell so they are sweeping the floor.” Gypsy said.

“O…k…” Gypso said.

“Bye. Enjoy your dinner.” Vichuda said.

Vichuda and Gypso quickly left.

Weird but Gypso prefer to ignore them.


Trivia #13

Currently, my favorite character is Gypso because she is the total opposite of me.