Chapter 12 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

August went to the house of Singto’s family.

“Oh! August, what brought you here?” Erk asks when she opened the gate.

“Are pa and Singto there?” August asks.

“Yes.” Erk said. “Come in. They are in the living room.”

August enter the house.

“You go to the living room. I baked a cake. I’ll let you taste it.” Erk said and went to the kitchen.

August went to the living room and he saw his father and brother building some action figures.

“Oh! August, come and enjoy us.” Captain said.

“No thanks. I came here because I want to talk to you about Singto’s friend.” August said.

“Singto’s friend? Are you talking about Krist?” Erk asks while walking in the living room with the snacks.

“Yeah. About him.” August said.

“What about him?” Captain asks while sitting on the sofa.

“You can just let Singto be friend with him?” August asks.

“I like that guy. He is nice and always help in the store.” Captain said.

“But he is a gangster.” August said.

“Don’t judge a book by its cover. He maybe a gangster but he is really kind.” Captain said.

“August, I don’t think Krist will let Singto gets harm.” Erk said.

“P’, I’ll be fine.” Singto said.

“Ok. I will let you be friend with him but if something happens, you will stop being friend with him.” August said.

“I will.” Singto said.

……………………………………………………

Krist woke up when he felt that someone is watching him. When he opened his eyes, he saw Sita sitting on the sofa.

“Sita, seriously, stop going in my house.” Krist said. “What do you want?”

“What’s up with you and August’s brother?” Sita asks.

Krist gets up from the bed and wear his shirt.

“He’s my friend.” Krist said.

“How come you two are friends? He is a smart and a straight guy. His record is clean.” Sita said.

“Why? A gangster and a nice guy can’t be friends?” Krist asks.

“Can but he is August’s brother. And based on what happened last night, August doesn’t happy to see his brother being friend with you.” Sita said.

“And I know exactly why.” Krist said.

“What do you mean?” Sita asks.

“It is better not to know more, Sita.” Krist said.

……………………………………………………

August got back home after going to his father’s house.

“Khun August, you have a visitor.” The maid said.

“Who?” August asks.

“He said that you are his friend.” The maid said and left.

August went to the living room.

“May I help you?” August asks to the person that is standing and looking at the family portrait that is hanging on the wall.

The person faces him.

“Tay?” August said.

“Hello, P’August. How are you?” Tay said.

“What brought you here? As far as I know, I already cut the ties between me and Vihokratana International Academy.” August said.

“I know. But I just want to confirm something. The leader of the Red Blood Gang is very close to your brother, am I right?” Tay said.

“How did you know that?” August asks.

Tay smirked.

“I must know every move of my enemy. It seems that the two are super close.” Tay said. “It would be bad for your brother if he attached too much to him.”

“Don’t hurt my brother, Tay.” August said.

“I won’t. I came here to help you. I know you want to stop your brother getting close to him and I have a plan for that.” Tay said.

……………………………………………………

Fon is going to the club room when she saw Gunsmile alone in the club room, painting.

It is new to see Gunsmile in the club room except for meetings with the art club members.

Fon is watching Gunsmile from the door.

He doesn’t look like a gangster right now.’ Fon thought.

Something inside of her are starting to like Gunsmile.

If he isn’t a gangster, I probably in love to him.’ Fon thought.

“Fon, what are you doing here?” Sita asks.

Fon faces Sita.

“Uhmm… H-Hello, President Sita.” Fon said. “I am here because I forgot my art supplies here.”

“I see. But why are you standing at the door?” Sita asks.

“I was just about to get in.” Fon said.

Sita’s cellphone rings.

“I’m on my way.” Sita said. “Fon, take these inside the club room and I’ll leave now.”

“Ok, President Sita.” Fon said.

Sita left.

Fon take the art supplies inside the room.

Gunsmile is already left. He probably get out from the window.

Fon looks at the Gunsmile’s painting.

It is not finished but it is a painting of a back of a girl.

“I wonder who the girl is.” Fon said.

……………………………………………………

“You have 20 minutes to finish answering the 20 questions.” Four said. “Your time starts now.”

The students start to answer the questions.

In just 10 minutes, Krist stands up and pass his paper to Four.

“Finished already?” Four asks.

Krist didn’t say anything and goes out of the room.

Gunsmile and Indy passed their papers and followed Krist.

Four checks the papers.

“Wow! Perfect scores.” Four said while looking at the checked papers.

……………………………………………………

“Boss, what is your plan now that Singto’s brother already knows about your relationship?” Gunsmile asks.

“Singto’s still the one who decides not his half-brother.” Krist said.

“Boss, his brother was once our enemy. Anytime he can go back to his past group and can make you and Singto separate.” Indy said.

“He has a reputation to protect. He will not do anything to make his reputation at risk.” Krist said.

Krist saw someone coming that is very familiar to him.

……………………………………………………

Jo is helping their professor with her books.

“Thank you for helping me, Jo. You’re the only guy in your class that is reliable.” Numpeung said.

“The guys of Student Council are reliable.” Jo said.

“Yes but you are the most reliable one.” Numpeung said. “I’m lucky that I am your class teacher. Who would have thought that all the members of Primary Town’s Student Council will be in the same class?”

“Well, thanks to Tonson. All the students in Primary Town trust her and if the members of Student Council are her classmates, it means that they also trust them.” Jo said.

“I agree. Besides, I love the friendship in your class. You are all close to everyone. I hope it will be like that when you are in high school.” Numpeung said.

“I hope so, too.” Jo said.

Jo saw Krist, Gunsmile and Indy walking towards them.

Krist is staring at him but Jo look the other way to avoid his gaze.

They walk passed them and Jo felt relieved.

Numpeung and Jo enter the Faculty room.

“There you are, mom.” Ken jokingly said.

“Stop calling me mom!” Numpeung said. “What do you want?”

“We are thinking where to eat this Friday night.” Ken said.

“You are eating out again? Why can’t you just invite us for a change?” a professor wearing a white coat asks.

Name: Nat Sakdatorn

Description: God Doctor

“Isn’t it obvious, Dr. Nat? You have your own group, we have our own group Prof. Toomtam have their own group and Prof. Ice have their own group.” Numpeung said.

“But it doesn’t mean that we can’t agree where to eat?” Nat asks. “You in your group can’t agree sometimes.” Nat said.

“The thing is… Your group prefers to go to clubs and we don’t like it.” Numpeung said.

“Actually, it is not that we hate it but since mom needs to take care of dad, we don’t hang out in the clubs.” Ken said.

“Stop calling me mom.” Numpeung said.

“Guys, how about let’s have a dinner party for all the professors? Let’s treat it like a friendly dinner party so we have a chance to get to know others.” Ice said.

“I know someone who will not come.” Nat said.

“Prof. Supranee, the oldest professor but the youngest looking professor. Do you think she will come?” Ice said.

“Now that I think of it, her only friend here is the school director. Maybe we can invite the school director.” Numpeung said.

“What about the principal?” Ken asks.

“Nah… He will just spoil the evening if he comes. Just don’t tell him about our plan.” Nat said.

“Uhmm… Excuse me… Prof. Numpeung, where will I put these books?” Jo asks who’s been standing at the back of Numpeung for a while.

“I’m so sorry, Jo. I forgot about you.” Numpeung said. “Just put the books on my table, thanks.”

Jo put the books down on the table and he left.

……………………………………………………

Jo is leaving the College Town when Krist, Gunsmile and Indy blocked his way.

“How are you, Alice’s brother?” Krist asks.

“What do you want, P’Krist?” Jo asks.

“How is your sister doing?” Krist asks.

“You don’t need to know. My sister is ok and happy now.” Jo said.

“How about you? Sergeant-at-arms of Primary Town. Nice. You and your sister managed to get out from being troublemakers.” Krist said. “Thanks to the help of Mahapreukpong Family.”

Jo clenches his fist. He is trying to control his anger.

“What are you doing there?” Hunz shouts while walking towards them.

“Tell your sister that she needs to be careful or her secret will be reveal.” Krist said and left with Gunsmile and Indy.

“Jo, are you alright?” Hunz asks.

“Yes, General Hunz.” Jo said.

“What did they do to you?” Hunz asks.

“Nothing. He just talked to me.” Jo said.

“Do you know each other?” Hunz asks.

“Not really.” Jo said. “I am going back to Primary Town.”

“Ok.” Hunz said.

……………………………………………………

Focus is going home when she noticed a guy that is following her for a while and this time she is determine to capture that guy.

“Hello? Alice? Are you free? Let’s talk.” Focus is pretending that she is talking to Alice from her cellphone.

“That’s near from my place. I’m on my way.” Focus said and starts to walk.

As expected, the guy follows her.

“Luckily you know this place very well.” Focus whispered.

She walk to the streets and she is making sure that the guy is following her.

She starts to walk fast and the guy walks fast too.

With one last turn, she hides.

The guy runs and turn where she turned.

But he didn’t see her in that dark street.

“Sh*t! This is the end. Where is she?” the guy asks.

“Looking for me?” Focus asks and showed herself.

The guy panic and was about to run but Focus caught him and throw him to the ground.

“Who are you? Do you really think that I don’t know that you are following me?” Focus said while sitting on the back of the guy and holding his arms tightly.

“I don’t know what you are talking about!” the guy said.

“Don’t try to fool me! I used to be a member of Red Blood Gang so you can’t fool me and if you don’t answer me you will taste the wrath of the Red Blood Gang!” Focus said.

“I really don’t know what you are talking about!” the guy said.

Focus heard someone coming.

“If I ever see you again, I will kill you.” Focus said and release the guy.

The guy quickly left.

Focus is about to leave but her foot kicked something. She picked it up and smiled.

……………………………………………………

The next day, Focus went to the Napat’s company.

“Good morning. I am here to see Mr. Napat Injaiuea.” Focus said to the receptionist.

The receptionist looks at her as if judging her which Focus hates.

“Do you have an appointment?” the receptionist asks.

“No. But tell him that I’m-”

“Mr. Injaiuea doesn’t entertain visitors without appointment.” The receptionist cutting off what she is saying.

“Well, if you can just tell-”

“You can go now.” The receptionist said.

“You know, you’re being rude. If you just know me-”

“I don’t have plans knowing you. As far as I know you are just one of my boss’ past girls.” The receptionist said.

“Focus?” Napat asks from her back.

Focus turned around with a smile.

“Hello, Napat.” Focus said.

“What are you doing here? You should wait for me inside my office.” Napat said.

“Your rude receptionist is not letting me in since I don’t have an appointment.” Focus said.

Napat looks at the receptionist who is now confused.

“Ms. Claire, you’re fired.” Napat said.

The receptionist is shocked that she wasn’t able to say anything.

“Let’s go, Focus.” Napat said.

Focus followed Napat ignoring the receptionist.

……………………………………………………

“So, what can I do for you? I already fired my receptionist just for you.” Napat said while sitting down on his chair.

“I didn’t tell you to fire her.” Focus said.

“But that’s what you mean when you called her rude.” Napat said.

“In your company, do you require y girls? I see a lot of them while we are going here in your room.” Focus said.

“Public image.” Napat said.

“Well, you should require them to have kind attitude.” Focus said.

“I will but you didn’t come here because of my employees, right?” Napat said.

“Right.” Focus said and took something out from her bag and put it down on Napat’s table.

Napat just look at the wallet.

“Dew Pattarapol Kantapoj. I should have known that he was one of your minions when you were the leader of War Blood Gang. But you can’t fool me, Napat. Stop ordering someone to follow me because it will not going to work.” Focus said.

“I am just worried about you. It seems that you are investigating the death of your ex-boyfriend. The killer is still around and if he finds out that you are trying to find out who he is, he might hurt you.” Napat said.

“Don’t forget that you are one of the suspects so stop talking like you are concerned to me.” Focus said. “I won’t be long. I just came to give that to you. I hope you will stop ordering someone to follow me.”

Focus is about to leave but Napat said something.

“Our parents are talking about our engagement again.” Napat said.

“And just like before, I am not in favor for that engagement.” Focus said and walks out.

……………………………………………………

Focus went to visit Krist.

“Your mom never changed. The way she looks at me is like she is about to eat me.” Focus said.

“She is just my step-mom.” Krist said. “Besides, she only looks at the person like that if she doesn’t like that person.”

“I see.” Focus said.

“What brought you here?” Krist asks.

“Help me find the one who killed James.” Focus said. “I can’t move freely because Napat’s minion is following me.”

“What you are doing is dangerous. Of course, that guy will ordered someone to follow you.” Krist said. “I want revenge for P’James’ death but there is someone I need to protect.”

“How long we will stand here and do nothing? Until now, I am not get over with his death. I want to blame you, blame the other gang groups but what’s the use of it? It already happened. All I want now is to find that killer and make him pay for his sins.” Focus said with tears in her eyes.

Krist doesn’t know what to say. He is just silent while watching Focus’ cries.