Chapter 17 – The Part-time Model and The Vice-President

Red Fountain Academy Series

Fern and Esther are in their room when Best came.

“What’s with that face?” Esther asks.

“Aish! I shouldn’t have believed that Anchasa.” Best said.

“Why? What happened?” Fern asks.

“Because of her, I almost got a penalty.” Best said.

“Eh?!!!” Esther and Fern reacted.

“Can you believe it that Keerati was the one who invited Esther in the camping?” Best asks.

Esther felt shocked but she remain no reaction.

“And what happened?” Fern asks.

“I confront Natthapat and she accused you on using Keerati because she’s popular.” Best said. “And because of that, I slapped her.”

Esther and Fern gasped.

“Did Sushar saw you?” Esther asks.

“Yes but she gave me a chance.” Best said.

“Stop starting a fight against Natthapat. It will make you kicked out of the dorm.” Fern said.

“Right.” Esther said.

“But lately, I noticed that you and Keerati aren’t fighting anymore.” Best said.

“Ha?” Esther was shocked. “Ah… It is because I am busy earning money to pay my debt.”

“I see.” Best said.

“I’ll just take a shower.” Esther said and left.

……………………………………………………

“P’Note, still no part-time work for me?” Esther asks her manager.

There will be only a week and her promise to pay Gypsy in a month will not going to happen.

“I’m sorry. I talked to the people I know but none.” Note said. “Why don’t you talk to Gypsy? Asked her to give you another month?”

“I can’t. I promised to her. In fact, she wanted to cancel it but I insisted.” Esther said.

“Then, it is your fault.” Note said.

“P…” Esther begs.

“Fine. I’ll help you.” Note said.

“Thank you, P.” Esther said.

……………………………………………………

Thorn is at the park when he saw Sita.

“P’Sita.” He called her.

“Oh? Shaun. What are you doing here?” Sita asks.

“Hiding.” Thorn asks. “I heard my mom talking to a friend over the telephone and they are going for a lunch with their children.”

“And that will turn out to be a blind date.” Sita said.

“You knew?” Thorn asks.

“That’s my mom. That’s why I came here.” Sita said.

“Our mothers will do anything to set us up.” Thorn said.

“Whatever they do, they will never see us getting married to each other.” Sita said. “So, how’s Esther?”

“Everything’s back to normal. Thanks to Gypsy.” Thorn said.

“I’m glad you already made up with Esther before you go.” Sita said.

“Yeah… But now, it will be hard for me to leave.” Thorn said.

“But still you need to leave.” Sita said.

“Right.” Thorn said.

……………………………………………………

Silver Fountain Company…

The Silver Fountain Company is the famous jewelry company that Moo is the president. Among all the companies of Mahapreukpong, the Silver Fountain Company is Gypsy’s favorite company.

“Good morning, pa.” Gypsy greets. It is a Saturday morning and she decided to visit her father.

“Good morning, my beautiful daughter. What brought you here?” Moo said.

“I woke up and found out that you are here. Even in weekend, you’re working. You should take a break, pa.” Gypsy said.

“Some other time. For now, we are busy because we are launching the new design of our jewelry.” Moo said.

“Really? Can I take a look?” Gypsy asks.

“Our new Jewelry Designer will bringing it today.” Moo said. “And here she is.”

“Good morning, CEO.” A woman greets.

“P’Focus?” Gypsy said.

“Gypsy, nice to see you again.” The woman said.

Name: Focus Jeerakul

Description: Jewelry Designer

“You knew each other?” Moo asks.

“Schoolmates.” The girls said.

“So, can we take a look at the design?” Moo asks.

“Yeah.” Focus said and shows the necklace.

“I call it Inocente. It means innocent.” Focus said and explains the necklace.

“This is beautiful.” Gypsy said.

“We should choose a model for this.” Moo said.

“A model that has an innocent face will be perfect.” Focus said.

“I think I know the perfect model for that.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Esther is in her room when her cellphone rings.

“Yes, P’Note.” Esther said. “Eh?! Really?! Oh my! I’ll get ready in a flash.”

After talking to Note, Esther get ready. In just few minutes, she is done.

“Ma, I’m going out! I have a shoot today.” Esther said loudly while going down the stairs.

“Ma went to the market.” Sakun said.

“Then, tell her I have a photo shoot today.” Esther said.

“Where?” Sakun asks.

“Silver Fountain Company.” Esther said and left.

“Isn’t that Tonson’s family’s company?” Sakun said.

……………………………………………………

Esther and Note arrived early at the shoot.

“You’re so lucky. This is the first time that the company chose a model that is not under their contract.” Note said.

“Really? But how did they chose me? Did you sent my portfolio to them?” Esther asks.

“Of course I did but it was months ago and I never got any replied until now.” Note said.

Focus approached them.

“Note, so nice to see you again.” Focus said.

“P’Focus, you’re working here?” Note asks.

“Yes. I am the SF Co.’s newest designer.” Focus said.

“Cool.” Note said. “P’, this is Esther, she will be the model.”

“Gypsy is right. You’re perfect to be the model.” Focus said.

“Gypsy?” Esther asks.

“Yes. Gypsy’s family’s owns this company.” Focus said.

Esther was shocked. How did she forget that Silver Fountain Company owns by Mahapreukpong Family.

“I think I don’t deserve to be here.” Esther said.

She was about to leave when Gypsy and Thorn came.

“Esther, where are you going?” Gypsy asks.

“I don’t deserve to be here.” Esther said. “I became the model because you chose me. Is this about my debt?”

“No, it isn’t.” Gypsy said. “When you told me that you don’t need my help, I respect that. But this, I didn’t chose you because of your debt, I chose you because I know you are the perfect girl to model our new jewelry.”

“Seriously?” Esther asks.

“Seriously.” Gypsy said. “In fact, before my dad agreed, he checks your portfolio first.”

“You are not lying?” Esther asks.

“I am not lying.” Gypsy said.

“Then, what is Thorn doing here?” Esther asks.

“Supporting you.” Thorn said.

“How sweet of you…” Note said. “But shall we get ready?”

“Yeah…” Esther said.

“We will see you in a bit.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

After getting ready, Esther came out of the dressing room looking like a princess in her white dress.

“Oh my gee… You’re so beautiful.” Gypsy said.

“Really?” Esther asks.

“Yes. And look at Thorn, he can’t stop staring at you.” Gypsy said.

“Esther, let’s start.” Focus called her.

“Good luck.” Gypsy said.

While Esther is doing the photo shoot, Thorn can’t help but to mesmerized. He remembers the first time he saw her, and that is also the first time he fell in love to her.

 

“You’re drooling.” Gypsy said to Thorn.

“What?” Thorn asks while wiping his mouth.

Gypsy giggled. “I’m just joking.”

“She’s really beautiful.” Thorn said.

“If I were you, I should stay here and be with the one I love.” Gypsy said.

“If only it is easy. I have to do my responsibility as Jindachot.” Thorn said.

“Born from a rich family is really . You have lots of money but you can’t do what you really want.” Gypsy said. “Just like me. I need to be the ‘princess’ of Mahapreukpong. My actions need to be match for a princess. Sometimes I am jealous of Gypso because she can go out at night partying and go home late not afraid of being punish by pa. Sometimes, I want to be like her even just for once.”

“You can be like your sister if you wanted to. The problem is that you are afraid of the consequences. You are afraid of punishments. You are afraid how people will think of you. You are afraid of being alone. You are afraid of the dark…” Thorn said.

“That’s too many afraid but you are right except about being afraid of the dark.” Gypsy said.

Gypsy suddenly keep quiet and watches Esther. Suddenly she is thinking what it would be feel like if she is a model of a jewelry.

“Ms. Focus. Ms. Focus.” A woman staff is rushing.

“What is it?” Focus asks.

“This is terrible. The model for the ‘mon amour’ is got into accident.” A woman staff said.

“Oh no! How is she?” Focus asks.

Gypsy went towards the two.

“What happened?” Gypsy asks.

“The model for the ‘mon amour’ jewelry got into accident. She is ok now, it is just a mild injury, except for some wounds on her face and some broken bones.” The staff said.

“I don’t think that is a mild injury.” Gypsy said.

“But what are we going to do now? We must shoot the ‘inocente’ and ‘mon amour’ together.” Focus said.

Esther came towards them.

“I know someone.” Esther said.

“Who? Can she come right now?” Focus said.

“Actually, she is already here.” Esther said.

“Who?” Focus asks.

“Gypsy.” Esther said.

Gypsy was surprised. “Me? But I am not a model.”

“You’re the ambassadress of R.F.A. The president of Drama Club. The main actress for upcoming musical. You can do it.” Esther said.

“I wonder what the connection of those to modelling.” Gypsy said.

“Gypsy, I think she has a point. You should give it a try.” Focus said.

“Do you think so?” Gypsy asks.

“Yes. You should get ready.” Focus said.

……………………………………………………

After a month…

Esther and her friends are at the mall.

“We should just go to a market. There, we can go shopping without spending too much money.” Mook said.

“Really? Coming from you? Among us, you are the richest but you are so stingy it comes to money.” Best said.

“I am not stingy. I am just practical.” Mook said.

“Let’s just buy our friendship bracelet then let’s go to the market.” Mild said.

They went to a jewelry store.

“Hello! Can you show us some bracelets for friendship? The price must be affordable.” Mook said.

“This way, ma’am.” The saleslady said.

Everyone followed the saleslady except Neen who keeps on looking at the displays.

“Neen, you must stay close with us or you will get lost.” Best said.

“Sorry.” Neen said. “The displays are beautiful.”

“You’re right but it is too expensive.” Best said.

“Hello. Would you like to see the newest jewelries from SF Co.? They are called Inocente and Mon Amour.” another saleslady asks the two.

“No thanks. I don’t buy jewelries that from SF Co.” Best said.

“Eh? Why is that? I saw Som wearing a bracelet from SF Co. and it is beautiful.” Neen said.

“Keerati’s family owns that.” Best said.

“Oh…” Neen said.

Esther came.

“Best, Neen, look at the designs.” Esther said.

“Oh? Aren’t you the model of Inocente?” the saleslady asks.

“Impossible. Why would my friend model our enemy’s product?” Best said.

“But this is her, right?” the saleslady said and shows the standee behind her that was facing the wall.

She turned the standee around. “We haven’t post it outside since the product just released this morning.”

The life-sized standee are Gypsy and Esther together wearing the two new jewelries set.

Best was shocked.

“Girls, take a look at this.” Mild said her eyes are on the bracelet she is wearing.

Then, she saw the standee.

“Oh? That’s you, Esther.” Mild said.

Esther bites her lower lip.

……………………………………………………

“You modelled from SF Co.? Why did you do that?” Best is very much angry at Esther.

They are at the corner of the mall.

“Obviously, she is a part-time model. Congrats, Esther. It is hard to get accept in SF Co.” Mook said.

“Shut up, Mook!” Best said.

Mook shuts .

“Well, they chose me to be the model.” Esther said.

“But how did they know you?” Best asks.

“P’Note sent my portfolio to them months ago and it just happen that they chose me now.” Esther said.

“Why didn’t you reject the offer?” Best asks.

“Wait! Wait! Why should I reject the offer? SF Co. is a famous brand. Every models dream to be a part of SF Co.” Esther said.

“But it is owned by Mahapreukpong Family.” Best said.

“So?” Esther asks.

“I can accept it if you are the only model but Keerati is with you. It means she knew that you are going to be their model.” Best said.

“Best, you know what? Why don’t you just ask me directly why I model SF Co. with Gypsy? If I know, it is issue to you if I and Gypsy are getting close. First, you confronted me for going to the camping because of Gypsy. And now, this. Ok fine! Gypsy recommended me because she thinks that I am suited to be the model of Inocente but at first I rejected her because I thought that she is helping me to earn money so I can pay my debt but her dad chose me after seeing my portfolio and as for her, the supposed model got into accident so she has no choice but to be the model along with me.” Esther said.

“So, it is true that you two are the new best friends.” Best said.

“We are not. We are just friends unlike you and Natthapat.” Esther said.

“But what happened to the war between our group and them?” Best asks.

“Best, can’t you see? We made that war. I hated Gypsy because she is famous but if we think about it, it is silly to hate someone because she is famous. You hate Natthapat because of family matters but you don’t need to drag everyone with the war between you and her. Remember, Neen is Marie’s best friend. We can’t let her hate her best friend. And do you think others hate them? I don’t think so.” Esther said.

Mild and the others are quiet.

Best smirked.

“That Keerati already brainwashed you.” Best said.

“No it is not.” Esther said. “Lately, Keerati helped me a lot and let me realized what I need to realize.”

“Between you and Thorn, is she also the one who helped you?” Best asks.

“Yes.” Esther honestly said.

“Funny but I always tell you to get back to Thorn and forgive him but you never listen. After all, you will only listen to Keerati.” Best said. “You’ve changed. You are not the Esther I know. Fine. I wouldn’t be surprise if someday Keerati will hurt you. If I know she is just playing at you.”

Best walks away.

Esther doesn’t dare to follow her best friend.

Mild and the others chose to stay with Esther. It is not because they think Esther is right but because they want Best to be alone and think everything. Right now, the only way to make her calm is herself.

“Am I wrong?” Esther asks them.

“It is not wrong to be friend with your enemy but it is wrong for hiding it to your best friend. You and Best are best friends, hiding something to each other will hurt the two of you. If things are change, I am sure you will get angry towards her too if she became friend with Natthapat.” Fern said.

“Just give Best some space. She will realize what is right and wrong, eventually.” Apple said.

Esther thinks her friends are right. Let her best friend have some space.


Trivia #17

Every chapter has a: Size: 45kb; Font Style: MV Boli; Font Size: 12 in my laptop.