Chapter 14 - The DJ and The King of Dance

Red Fountain Academy Series

“So, how you and Mek broke up?” Mild asks after Alice’s story.

“Mek blamed me for the death of his brother and he is right. If only I told him about Krist’s plan, James is probably alive by now.” Alice said.

“Isn’t it the one to be blamed is the Hormone Gang?” Mild asks.

“They are responsible too but what do you expect in gangs? Death is part of them.” Alice said. “After I left the gang, Gypsy helped me to start new. I became the emcee of R.F.A and one of the famous girls. I owe my life to Gypsy.”

“Friends with benefits.” Mild said.

“Anyway, now that you know the past, stop getting involve with Mek and P’Krist.” Alice said.

“I can’t.” Mild said.

“What? Why?” Alice asks.

“I promised myself to help Mook fulfill her dream and that is to see her brother graduates.” Mild said.

“That will be hard because Principal Supoj is watching Mek very close. One wrong move and he will expels.” Alice said.

“Not if you will help me.” Mild said.

“I can’t do it right now. Camping is next month. And we have a new show.” Alice said.

“Just as I expected. Talking to you is a waste of time. Well, not totally. You told me the truth so I still got something.” Mild said.

“And don’t tell anyone that I talked to you.” Alice said.

“Apple was the only one I told about this and my secret is safe to her.” Mild said.

“Ok.” Alice said. “Mild, I’m sorry for what we did during the welcome party.”

“It’s ok. I totally forgotten about it.” Mild said. “I’d better go.”

“Me, too.” Alice said. “Uhmm… Mild, would you like to go with me to the camping?”

“What? Are you serious?” Mild asks.

“Yes. I heard from Bee that you are practicing to be a model and as a model you must not be conscious to all the people that will look at you. You can be our co-host and that way, you can practice looking at the camera, too.” Alice said

“But…” Mild is hesitating.

“Bee will be your partner in hosting not me.” Alice said.

“But what about your friends. They will be there.” Mild said.

“I don’t mind them, if I were you. Puifai’s only concern is Nitcharee while Gypsy’s concern is Esther. They will ignore you during the camping, trust me.” Alice said. “So, do we have a deal?”

“Oh ok…” Mild said.

“Great!” Alice said.

……………………………………………………

“Good morning, Red Fountain Academy! Welcome to… Every Day Life!” Alice and Oaujun energetically said.

“Oaujun, we finally have our own show.” Alice said.

“That’s right, Alice.” Oaujun said. “And for our first episode, we will show to the viewers, one of the traditions of Red Fountain Academy and it is…”

“Student Council Camping!” the two said.

“That’s right… Student Council Camping is one of the traditions of the academy. Every year, student councils from the three towns will go to a camping for 3 days and 2 nights.” Alice said.

“It is to practice the team work of all the student councils. Even though we have three student councils, it is important for them to practice team work for the sake of the academy.” Oaujun said.

“Usually, this tradition is not open to everyone. Only the professors and the student councils know what’s going on there. But this year, this is special. Why is it special, Oaujun?” Alice said.

“It’s because for the first time, they allowed us to cover this tradition. The Every Day Life will going to the camping too. But that’s not all! What’s the other one, Alice?” Oaujun asks.

“For this year, each members of Student Councils will bringing friends with them. One member, one friend.” Alice said.

“This will be fun.” Oaujun said. “So, our viewers, we need to go now. See you later.”

“Bye-bye!” Alice said.

“Good job, guys!” Gun said. Gun is their cameraman.

“Thanks, Gun.” Oaujun said. “Let’s get in the bus.”

……………………………………………………

During the trip, Oaujun and Alice are taking pictures of the others for their show.

“Oaujun, look.” Alice whispered to Oaujun while pointing at the sleeping Jes and Gypsy.

“So, sweet.” Alice said and takes a picture of the two.

“We should be like that, too.” Oaujun whispered to her.

“Why should we? Mind is not here.” Alice whispered back.

Oaujun pouts like a child.

“Oaujun, stop it.” Alice whispered.

Oaujun holds Alice’s hand and pull her back to their seats.

After making Alice sit, Oaujun also sit and rest his head on Alice’s shoulder.

“Are you copying Jes?” Alice asks.

“No. I’m sleepy.” Oaujun said and closes his eyes.

Alice let Oaujun. After all, she is enjoying their moment right now.

……………………………………………………

When they arrived at their destination, everyone had a time to rest but not for crew of Everyday Life. They are all busy for the clips that they will use for their show.

“Later tonight, as one of the tradition, everyone will gather around the bonfire and first in Everyday Life, we will get to see that.” Oaujun said.

“See you later, guys.” Alice said.

“This is Oaujun.”

“Alice.”

“Bee.”

“And Mild.”

“Everyday Life will be right back.” The four said.

“And… Cut!” Gun said.

“Let’s have a break before the bonfire.” Achirawich said who acts as Bee and Mild’s cameraman.

“You two are really great.” Oaujun said to Bee and Mild.

“Piece of cake.” Bee said.

Alice and Mild are walking back to their tent when Alice saw Mek.

“Mild, you should go back to the tent first. I’ll go somewhere else first.” Alice said.

“Ok.” Mild said and walks towards their tent.

……………………………………………………

Alice followed Mek towards the lake.

“I told Mild about our past.” Alice said.

“What did you do?” Mek asks.

“I told Mild about our past.” Alice repeatedly said.

“Why did you do that?” Mek asks.

“I want to protect her.” Alice said.

“As far as I know you two are enemies.” Mek said.

“If someone gets in danger because of you and P’Krist, even she is my enemy, I will protect her. I don’t want her to experience what I had experienced from the two of you. You played me as if I am a toy.” Alice said.

“It is your fault why P’James died.” Mek said.

“Even if I didn’t do it, he will still die.” Alice said.

“No. It will prevent if only you told me that night.” Mek said.

“Mek, how long are you going to blame me with his death? Don’t you know how I feel every day? I even wished that I should have be the one who died not him.” Alice said and walks away.

Mek punches the tree because of guilt.

“I’m glad that you still didn’t tell her.” Gypsy said and appears from behind a tree.

“We have a deal.” Mek said.

“I know and as long that you will do your part of the deal, Alice will be safe.” Gypsy said and left.

They didn’t know that Tao is listening to them.

……………………………………………………

The next morning…

Alice and Proud went to the table where Gypsy and Puifai are.

“Hey girls. What’s with the serious faces?” Alice asks.

“Gypsy is being too nice to Esther.” Puifai said.

“And what’s wrong with that?” Proud asks.

“It is wrong.” Puifai said.

“If this is about you and Nitcharee, please, don’t involve Gypsy and Esther. Your fight is different from theirs.” Alice said.

“I can’t believe it! You are all against me.” Puifai said.

“We’re not.” The three said.

“You know what? Let’s just have breakfast, ok? Stop talking about those things.” Alice said.

As much as she wants, she wants to end that argument because she is afraid that Puifai will confront her about Mild.

They all agree.

……………………………………………………

Everyone is having fun in the camping. The 2nd day is full of activities.

“We have here the winners from the…” Mild is in the middle of being host.

“She’s doing great.” Alice said while watching Mild from a far.

“I haven’t ask you this but why did you chose Mild to come here?” Oaujun asks.

“Honestly, I don’t know, too.” Alice said. “It just that, every time I talk to her, I get to know her more.”

“I’m glad that you are starting to be like that. I always thought that the fight between your groups are useless. You girls just need to know each other.”

“I agree.” Alice said. “Let’s get something to eat.”

“Ok.” Oaujun said.

Alice walks first and Oaujun follows her.

Oaujun follows Alice.

……………………………………………………

“Home at last!” Alice said while entering their house with Jo.

After the 3 days camping, they finally get home.

“Welcome back!” Pong said.

Alice and Jo hug their father.

“Where’s ma?” Alice asks.

“She’s with her friends.” Pong said. “She will be late so you need to rest and later we will have dinner outside.”

“Ok.” Alice and Jo said.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy see Tao in the café near her house. She just got back from the camping when Tao called her.

“Sorry if I just called you even though we just got back from the camping.” Tao said.

“I know that this is important that you can’t tell me during the camping so I don’t mind.” Gypsy said.

“Tell me about your deal with Mek.” Tao said.

Gypsy is surprised but she remained calm.

……………………………………………………

That night…

Pong, Alice and Jo went to a restaurant to eat dinner.

Alice and Jo are telling to Pong about their experience in the camping.

Suddenly, someone approached them.

“Good evening, Mr. Tsoi. I didn’t expect to see you here.” The guy said.

Alice is shocked to see the guy again.

“Mr. Sapunpohng, it is nice to see you again although we just met this morning.” Pong said.

“Your children?” the guy asks.

“Yes. They are Alice and Jo.” Pong said.

“Hello. I’m Oh Anuchit Sapunpohng.” The guy said. “Anyway, I should go back to my table. I have a meeting with some clients.”

“Ok. Let’s talk some other time.” Pong said.

Oh left them.

……………………………………………………

Alice can’t sleep that night because of Oh.

Why is everyone coming back?’ She is thinking while sitting on the branch of the big tree at the front of their house.

“Alice, is that you?” Oaujun asks while looking at her.

“Oaujun? Why are you still awake? It is late.” Alice said.

“I am editing the clips we shoot during camping. I went out because I got hungry so I went to the convenience store. What about you?” Oaujun asks while climbing on the tree and sit on the other branch.

“I am just thinking.” Alice said.

“What’s bothering you?” Oaujun asks.

“You won’t understand it.” Alice said.

“Try me.” Oaujun said.

“I should probably sleep now.” Alice said and get down from the tree.

But before she gets inside the house, Oaujun grabs her arm to stop her from entering the house.

“Why are you hiding from me every time I am asking about your problem?” Oaujun asks.

“I am not. Besides, you can’t help me even if I tell you.” Alice said.

“Try me.” Oaujun said.

“Oaujun, just go home.” Alice said.

Oaujun releases Alice arm.

Alice takes that chance and get inside the house.

……………………………………………………

Oaujun went back to his room and decided to finish editing the clips.

Just then, he received an email from Achirawich.

FORGOT TO SEND THIS TO YOU. SORRY.

  • ACHIRAWICH

“Achirawich…” Oaujun wants to curse him but he knows that the guy is tired too.

He plays the video.

It is just an ordinary video from the first day of the camping but he can use it for some behind the scene footage.

Suddenly, he saw something in the video.

In the video, Mek went inside the forest towards the lake and after few seconds, Alice followed Mek, then Gypsy and lastly Tao.

The video ended.

“Why would Alice follow Mek in the forest? Alice is not the type of girl that will get close to a troublemaker.” Oaujun said to himself.

Well it is not that he knew Alice well. Of course, they are friends since first year high school but he doesn’t know her well but she has a reputation!

Then, what is Mek’s role in Alice’s life? As he remembers, he never saw Alice talking to Mek.

There’s only one way to find out. He needs to talk to Alice but surely, she will not tell him the truth.

Gypsy! Right! The only person that he can ask because he can’t ask Tao since he is scared of him sometimes.

Gypsy is the perfect one because he is sure that Gypsy is also hiding something and if he shows her the video, she might tell him the truth.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy is getting ready to sleep when Oaujun came.

“What now? It is already late.” Gypsy said.

“I want to know something and I want the truth.” Oaujun said.

“What is it?” Gypsy asks.

“What is going on between Mek and Alice?” Oaujun asks.

“Nothing.” Gypsy said.

“There is.” Oaujun said and shows the clip.

“Just mind your own business, Oaujun.” Gypsy said.

“Alice is my best friend and I want to protect her.” Oaujun said.

“As long as Mek doesn’t get close to Alice, Alice is safe.” Gypsy said.

“Can’t you just tell me what’s going on?” Oaujun asks.

“I am protecting Alice so I can’t tell you everything.” Gypsy said.

“Just tell me everything.” Oaujun said.

“What are you to Alice?” Gypsy asks.

“Best friend.” Oaujun said.

“Are you sure?” Gypsy asks.

Oaujun nodded.

“Then, come back if you have another answer.” Gypsy said and went upstairs leaving Oaujun dumbfounded.

……………………………………………………

“I’m sorry, Oaujun. I need to protect Alice and her reputation. I didn’t go this far just to ruin it. If you just told me that you love her, I might have tell you everything but you didn’t.” Gypsy said.

Gypsy grabs her cellphone and calls Tao.

“Hello, president? Oaujun came here and he asked me about Mek and Alice.” Gypsy said.